5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hello everyone, I'm new to RNG Abuse and I had a quick question (I apologize if this should be posted elsewhere). I've gotten my seed with desired IVs using the standard (non- C-gear method). My actual seconds was 28 (when I started the game at :25) so that means a +3 second to my desired time. My question is though, the frames of the four results I have (all of them are what I want) are 3, 1, 6, and 1. What do these frames mean? In the DPPt guide it says that in an area with wild Pokemon one step advances your frame by 1, but bearfan's video says that you need 4 Pokemon and 128 steps to get a target frame of 5. I'm confused...could anyone help me out?

Thank you for your time.

alright another question regarding the roamers. i did my 128 steps and on my 128th step i left the house. do the steps after that 128th step count?

Encounter slots determine what Pokemon appears on a particular frame. Exactly like last generation.

Right click a particular frame and calculate encounter slots. It will be 0-11.

Look at the tables. Columns 0 -> 11 will tell you what appears, and what level it will be.
http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html
http://eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html

Once you find out what encounter slot your target Pokemon will be, find a frame in which that encounter slot will appear.
Hit that frame and that encounter slot Pokemon is yours.
If the nature and ability aren't to your liking, look further down the frame list.
sorry ive never attempted rng before so this is all new to me, maybe ive just been getting lucky but this is the first pokemon (axew) i cant get, so i get what u mean by encounter slots, seems i can get 0,1, 3 and 4 but to be honest im not sure how im getting them. 5, 7, 9, and 11 seem to be the ones i want (sorry, im in Mistralton Cave) but honestly i dont fully understand what u mean by frames =/ sorry, but if u could explain be loads of help, and thanks for that chart!

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Trying to RNG a flawless Deino in Victory Road 1F to use as a parent to breed Dark Pulse.

I hit my seed and sweet scented immediately (spread was on frame 1 so I didn't need to advance) to check my starting frame, and ended up catching:

Woobat (F) @ Rash
Lvl 37 / Unaware (Ability 1)

According to http://eggmove.com/encounterblack.html Woobat Lvl 37 is ESV 4 for Victory Road 1F, but according to PPRng that combination of nature and ESV doesn't show up anywhere within the first 150 frames.

Anyone know what's wrong? And yes, I checked the IVs to verify that I hit my seed.
Try advancing the PIDRNG once with chatot/save and see what you get, then do it twice and see what you get. Possibilities include a bug in PPRNG, an incorrectly researched encounter frame description, user error (correct frame type chosen?), or even the unlikely possibility that it really did start on frame 150 or whatever.

Yeah I got the same pokemon after I do the saves.

I copied the full seed. My question is since I'm using a syncer do I choose the nature on the sync nature box?

Yeah I got the same pokemon after I do the saves.

I copied the full seed. My question is since I'm using a syncer do I choose the nature on the sync nature box?
yes. But using a synch makes it harder to find your results since it yields a lot of the same nature. What's your full seed and what were your results? pokemon, gender, and abilities if you have it all.

Does anyone want to outline how to RNG Thundurus? I'm not getting it :/

If I am reading this thread correctly, is there no way to control the nature of Thundurus?

Seed
F150BC0736B66F4B

Results are
M Serious Ability 0 (No Save)
F Naught Ability 1 (1 Save )
M Timid Ability 1 (2 saves)
F Timid Ability 1 ( 3 Saves)

Reading over my last post, I realized my question was difficult to understand. Following Bearfan's guide (non C Gear) on youtube, I've gotten to the point in the time finder that gives you results, with an actual +3 second time. After a five minute geneation search, I came up with these results for special flawless seeds:

Full Seed: 91A5D674296639CA Frame: 3 Prv. Frame :0 31/24/31/31/31/31 Hidden Power Dragon 68 PWR Date/Time 4/28/11 03:05:58 Time0 C65 Keypress Up

Full Seed: 06EFA0A09D5B36DF Frame : 1 Prv Frame : 0 31/5/31/31/31/31 Hidden Power Dark PWR 68 Date/Time 4/28/11 21:05:32 Time0 C65 Keypress Start

Full Seed: 3706CFC1C0801E82 Frame 6 Prv Frame: 0 31/29/31/31/31/31 Hidden Power Dark PWR 68 Date/Time 4/28/11 21:05:39 Timer0 C65 Keypress Y

Full Seed : 1B970A2BC735F55A Frame: 1 Prv Frame: 0 31/8/31/31/31/31 Hidden Power Dragon PWR 68 Date/Time 4/30/11 13:55:47 Timer0 C65 Keypress Select

Which one of these should I use? And then what should I do? I am saved in Victory Road, aiming for a Timid (Yes I have Sync.) Deino special flawless. I have 5 pokemon in the party, and a sweet scenter. Thank you!

I dropped the sync lead and now Im have gotten a Hasty LV 39 Female Boldore with an everstone and with the right IVs without a save.

Something really must have changed by dropping the sync lead.

I dropped the sync lead and now Im have gotten a Hasty LV 39 Female Boldore with an everstone and with the right IVs without a save.

Yeah, now you have to use the regular seeds, much easier as long as you don't have to advance your frame too much.

When using the time finder to search for standard seeds, which method of encounter do I select? The drop down has options for roamer, stationary, wild, and gift (not wondercard).

Now try with a save. If you get a female Brave level 37 Woobat, your starting PID frame is 51.

If I start my game with 5 Pokemon in my party, and I need a frame of 6, and you get 5 frames per 128 steps if you have 5 Pokemon in your party, how do you achieve 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 22)