5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

The same seed will always starts on the same PID frame.
Well that's wrong...I'm getting a completely different starting one on the PID frame now after I left Relic Castle last night and came back today with 2 Chatot, using the same seed. So something's messed up here...sigh. Honestly if a game could troll you, I think mine is...

Well that's wrong...I'm getting a completely different starting one on the PID frame now after I left Relic Castle last night and came back today with 2 Chatot, using the same seed. So something's messed up here...sigh. Honestly if a game could troll you, I think mine is...
And you've confirmed your IVs to make sure you're actually hitting the same seed?

I've used the same seed many times and it's always given me the same starting PID frame regardless of location.

You start at 1. Walking 128 with 5 pokes lands you on frame 6.

Thank you! This clears up alot.

Let's say I sweet Scent of the right frame but end up with a Woobat for example, or get a Deino but with the wrong nature. Do I repeat the process, resetting my time to the desired seed time?

Hi guys! I have a very simple question. I´m and old guy here in smogon, and have RNG'ed since DP just wanted to know one think. How precise is Non C-Gear RNG? I tried several times to reach one specific seed and it seemed a kind of random too me. After like 3-4 hours I got the seed i wanted within the right frame, after that I realize Thundurus was already spawned and roaming through the routes. Roamers in this guys randomly advance the frames as always did in other pokemons? Should I get this Thundurus asap to be able to continue RNGíng the other legendaries?

Hi guys! I have a very simple question. I´m and old guy here in smogon, and have RNG'ed since DP just wanted to know one think. How precise is Non C-Gear RNG? I tried several times to reach one specific seed and it seemed a kind of random too me. After like 3-4 hours I got the seed i wanted within the right frame, after that I realize Thundurus was already spawned and roaming through the routes. Roamers in this guys randomly advance the frames as always did in other pokemons? Should I get this Thundurus asap to be able to continue RNGíng the other legendaries?
I have few failures. Just went through a 13hr playthrough and got a Shiny Hex Flawless Timid Snivy, Hex Flawless Adamant Zekrom, and a Quad Flawless HP Ice Victini. Most seeds were pretty good, though I did find one I had trouble landing for Victini so I just switched it up.

Roamers I haven't yet tried though. I believe they're said to be more difficult than others. Though I'm new so I won't even try to explain the reasoning since I don't quite get it yet. I believe it's the rain that kills you on Roamers though. Something like 120 fps for the nature frames I believe.

On to Playthrough #2. The goal: Hex Flawless (undecided Nature) Shiny Tepig (Though I may decide on a Hidden Power setup... On to reading), Hex Flawless Timid Victini, and a Hex Flawless Jolly Zekrom.

alright another question regarding the roamers. i did my 128 steps and on my 128th step i left the house. do the steps after that 128th step count?

still wondering..

And you've confirmed your IVs to make sure you're actually hitting the same seed?

I've used the same seed many times and it's always given me the same starting PID frame regardless of location.
Yep, so I really dunno what is going on...I mean seriously, why is Yamask playing hard to get :(

Ok, I'm having a little problem here. I'm going for a shiny Axew. Here are some details.

Full seed: 0EED8F4287F167DC
Date/Time: 5/23/11 - 21:54:51
Keypress: B
IV frame: 1
Shiny Frame: 391
ID/SID: 14081/42949

I know for a fact my starting PID frame is 48. I tested it many times. So since I'm starting on 48, I need to make 343 advancements for the shiny. When I do this, I get everything I want (IVs, Axew, male, ability 1) but it's not shiny. I did the advancements like 4 times and I always get the same exact thing, but not shiny.

What's also weird is that frames 392 and 393 also yield a Male Axew with ability 1. So I have taken into account that maybe I went over by 1 or 2. But I doubt it, because I've done the process about 4-5 times now.

Btw, I'm advancing the PID frame by going back and forth with 2 Chatot's.

Alright I got my Pokemon : )

Big Thanks to all of you who help me!

It's time for me to make some Video's to help out others.

Ok, I'm having a little problem here. I'm going for a shiny Axew. Here are some details.

I know for a fact my starting PID frame is 48. I tested it many times. So since I'm starting on 48, I need to make 343 advancements for the shiny. When I do this, I get everything I want (IVs, Axew, male, ability 1) but it's not shiny. I did the advancements like 4 times and I always get the same exact thing, but not shiny.

What's also weird is that frames 392 and 393 also yield a Male Axew with ability 1. So I have taken into account that maybe I went over by 1 or 2. But I doubt it, because I've done the process about 4-5 times now.

Btw, I'm advancing the PID frame by going back and forth with 2 Chatot's.
Just made 343 advancements again, this time without the Synch. The result: A Relaxed, Male, Axew with ability 1. Exactly what's supposed to be on frame 391, except it's not shiny.

Is this some type of bug? It took me sooo long to find a seed that would give me this result.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

I did the advancements like 4 times and I always get the same exact thing, but not shiny.
That isn't the correct PID. Current bug in reporter, the 0x8 xor was broken in the v5 update. If you have v4, that will work.

IDs: 1 and 1
PID: BF392FF8 (1 and 0)

The PID you are getting is 3F392FF8, not the shiny one.

See here for more info.

Find a new seed.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
one of the variables in seed creation can fluctuate a bit. you may have to try a few times in order to hit your seed. it isn't that you're not being precise enough, it's that the number being grabbed is different than the expected one. there's no way to predict whether you'll end up with the timer0 from your parameters or timer0+1.

That isn't the correct PID. Current bug in reporter, the 0x8 xor was broken in the v5 update. If you have v4, that will work.

IDs: 1 and 1
PID: BF392FF8 (1 and 0)

The PID you are getting is 3F392FF8, not the shiny one.

See here for more info.
Ugh. So am I basically gonna have to find another seed?

Every time you open RNG Reporter, it defaults to Black Version in the parameter settings. Could this be fixed so that it remembers your choice from the last time you used the program?

Quick question: Where do i find the ESV on RNG reporter? I, currently looking for "Standard Seed" Seeds and when i right click them the Calculate Encounter slots isnt clickable. Any insight on this?

Slashmolder

'Ello Governor
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
New page. :)
Here's how I had to do it:
First I found a seed. Use the Time Finder in Roaming Pokemon encounter type to look for one after you've calibrated your DS. I was lucky and found a 31/31/31/30/31/31 one on frame 1 so no advances. If you're advancing the frame get enough pokemon in your party for that. Save inside the house (you might be able to save outside but I didn't). I then walked out, encountered him and then rode back and forth between the route borders until I saw rain and caught him with a masterball. The problem is because of the rain you can't manipulate the PIDRNG so you're forced to rely on luck for that.

Here's how I had to do it:
First I found a seed. Use the Time Finder in Roaming Pokemon encounter type to look for one after you've calibrated your DS. I was lucky and found a 31/31/31/30/31/31 one on frame 1 so no advances. If you're advancing the frame get enough pokemon in your party for that. Save inside the house (you might be able to save outside but I didn't). I then walked out, encountered him and then rode back and forth between the route borders until I saw rain and caught him with a masterball. The problem is because of the rain you can't manipulate the PIDRNG so you're forced to rely on luck for that.
Not completely true. See my post here.

How would you use the PIDRNG to catch shiny pokemon? Is there a guide somewhere?

Also, how do you look at slot encounters in RNG reporter?

God finally done with that relic castle nightmare >.>

So I dunno if it's just my oddball problem or something, but my PIDRNG starting frame changed when I exited and later re-entered relic castle, went up by exactly 3 frames from the old one. So yeah...I mean I swear I did everything the same, but yeah...

That and it seems like Timer 0 especially hated me here, about 1/3 of all my attempts (broad guess, I didn't actually keep track lol) were all on another Timer 0 instead of my calibrated one. So meh...

How would I take control of the Pokemon to appear when I sweet scent? I don't understand what Encounter Slots are for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)