5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Really simple questions...
What's the starting frame for the starters? 1 right?
And is there a way to advance IV frames before getting the starter? Does saving also advance your PID frame that time?

Really simple questions...
What's the starting frame for the starters? 1 right?
And is there a way to advance IV frames before getting the starter? Does saving also advance your PID frame that time?
Yep, saving advances the PID frame. Though you'll have to use a Frame 1 IV spread, because you can't advance the IV frame yet due to having no Pokémon in your party.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong (according to bearfan's non-c gear abuse video). I have my seed, time/date, and frame, which is 5. I'm trying to catch a Special Flawless Deino in Victory Road 1F. I need to walk 128 steps...but I'm unsure what a step is. Is it one space forward? What about when you turn when you run into a wall?

Any help is appreciated.
a step is one space forward, back, etc... as log as your character moves to an adjacent spot on the map it's a step, walking into a wall does nothing, a turn is not a step.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
There is literally no reason to do this now that pandora's box is finished.

Are they even tied together? I also managed to get a Staryu RNGed with non c-gear so yeah...that is a good question; maybe I had mad luck with mine lol because I was even using a syncher before I found out how loopy those things can be along with just haphazardly advancing frames.
from toast's post in the research thread:

Shaking Patch & Water Spot Appearance
if((([n+1] >> 60) == 0) && ((stepcounter % 20) == 0)) create spot (1 in 320 steps)

Can someone check this seed for me if it has a Shiny Frame on 243? I have RNG Reporter BETA 5, so I can't be sure..

Seed: C98287F120BC6A58
ID: 30551
SID: 02218

Alright, I retraced my steps for non c gear abuse. I am aiming for a Special Flawless Timid Deino.

Here's what I did:

1.Started my DS Lite at the time I had punched in the DS Parameter Finder. (:25)
2.Caught a Durant, checked it's level 40 IVS.
3.Entered the IV's in the Parameter searcher.
4.Selected the actual seconds :26 result.
5.Clicked use results in time finder.
6.Punched in my desired IVS, mac address, Method, and month.
7.Generated results.
8.Got a result with desired traits, keypress Y, with a frame of 6.
9.Set my DS time to the time specified.
10.Started DS time 1 second before specifiec time, holding Y.
11.I am saved with my Salamence in the front because my Sync is only level 10. I have 5 Pokemon in my party.
12.I walked 128 steps doing laps around 1F Victory Road.
13.Stop, switch Sync. to first, then use Sweet Scent.
14.Ran into a Male Mienfoo, Timid Nature, with undesired IVs. Not even close
15. Repeated steps 9-14.
16. Exact same Mienfoo. Male, same IVs as before (terrible), same nature, same attacks.

What am I doing wrong?

It is considered a step whenever your sprite moves forward one space...turning does not affect your step count. Also, make sure you have only four pokemon in your party when you walk 128 steps. That will advance you to frame 5.
My target frame is 6, and I have 5 Pokemon in my party. If I only need 4, will flying to the Pokemon center and depositing one and flying back affect any of my seeds?

I want to start off by saying that I have never tried to to use RNG Abuse to get flawless Pokemon in any of the previous times that I have played Pokemon. With that said, I would like to start now.

I've tried reading the guide and watching the video tutorial, but I'm still not getting it.

If anyone could help me out, it would be immensely appreciated.

The first Pokemon that I'd like to get is a flawless Bold Male Frillish with Water Absorb as the ability.

I've already downloaded the newest RNG reporter, but am unsure of where to start. I probably need someone to figuratively hold my hand as they walk me through it. The process seems easy once you get the hang of it, but being new to RNG Abuse, I have no idea what I am doing.

Thanks in advance to anyone who decides to help me out on this.
I know I just asked for help a couple hours ago, but I'm desperate to get this started to see if I can get it to work.

Please help me out.

For the parameters on non-Cgear, can I put the Timer 0 min the same as the max? I got consistent results during calibration so I was wondering. Do I check the Soft reset box?

EDIT: also if i have a shiny spread on frame 1, do I just do nothing to advance the IV frame and advance the PID instead?

@pikabuddy: Input the IVs of the Mienfoo you caught in the "DS Parameters" box to see if you hit a different Timer0 or if you didn't hold Y for as long as you should.

@ventus: you should put both at min and at max the most common Timer0 value.

My target frame is 6, and I have 5 Pokemon in my party. If I only need 4, will flying to the Pokemon center and depositing one and flying back affect any of my seeds?
Sorry, I thought you said your target frame was 5 in your first post. No, if your target frame is 6 then you want five pokes in your party.

@pikabuddy: Input the IVs of the Mienfoo you caught in the "DS Parameters" box to see if you hit a different Timer0 or if you didn't hold Y for as long as you should.

@ventus: you should put both at min and at max the most common Timer0 value.

Do you mean in the new window that opens when you click the"Find Parameters" in the tab "5th Gen Parameters" in the Time Finder?

If so, I seem to have lost the time I initially started the game at to catch my Durant...will I need to start over?

Guys. I already asked this, but nobody give me an answer about that. If I try to reach a frame numbered as 10. I should advance 9 frames, what means 3x128 steps with 3 pokemons on my team. Any chance if there is a Roamer up that the roamer is going to fuck up this frame advance and advance some random numbers of frame? Or Roamers don't interfere at all in frame advancing in Black Version?

Do you mean in the new window that opens when you click the"Find Parameters" in the tab "5th Gen Parameters" in the Time Finder?
Yes.
If so, I seem to have lost the time I initially started the game at to catch my Durant...will I need to start over?
Input the time and date you caught that Mienfoo, as well as its IVs, and click generate once with "Y" selected under Held button and once with "None". That way you'll see if you did something wrong or simply Timer0 fucked you over.

Yes.

Input the time and date you caught that Mienfoo, as well as its IVs, and click generate once with "Y" selected under Held button and once with "None". That way you'll see if you did something wrong or simply Timer0 fucked you over.
I started the game from the DS menu at 4/17/11 at 23:26:23 (specified time was 23:26:24 but I had a +1 actual second). I input that time into the Paraemeters plus the IVs but both searches have 0 results. I think I've screwed something up.

One other question (I'm sorry for all the posts)...

Lets say my target spread has a frame of 5. That means I need to walk 128 steps with 4 Pokes in my party, right?

Well, atm, I'm saved with 5 in my party. Will flying to the Center and depositing one Poke and then resaving affect my desired seed?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
One other question (I'm sorry for all the posts)...

Lets say my target spread has a frame of 5. That means I need to walk 128 steps with 4 Pokes in my party, right?

Well, atm, I'm saved with 5 in my party. Will flying to the Center and depositing one Poke and then resaving affect my desired seed?
The seed resets when you restart the game, so you should be fine.

The proccess you described in your earlier post was correct though, so I'm not sure what could have gone wrong either. Try recalibrating or seek another seed at frame 1, so that you can test the results multiple times. You seem to know the theory, so you'll get it eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)