5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

So, when I use beta 5 to generate adjacent seeds for the frame one seed I was going for - the spread changes entirely for the target seed. No wonder I wasn't hitting the spread I wanted, RNGReporter was reporting the seed had the wrong IVs... Sigh.

I am trying to non-c-gear zekrom, my seed is 2F0F1E6E53CD76B, and i am looking on frame 1.

I have managed to hit the seed right load of times. The problem i am having is getting the right nature. I am aiming for adamant, and looking through the seeds both 2F0F1E6E53CD76B and 2F0F1E6E I haven't found any nature combination that matches what i am getting, under Method5 PIDRNG. After no saves i get impish, after two saves i get relaxed. I always thought since i did not move anywhere the PID would start at 1, but the first two natures there are bashful and gentle :s.

My DS parameters:
GxStrat: 6
VCount: 60
VFrame: 8
Timer0: C7F
DS MAC address: 0009BF752ABD

Maybe i have been making a stupid mistake, but if someone would kindly correct me, i would greatly appreciate it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The PID frame starts in the 40-60 range. Try searching there.

Edit: looks like it starts at 45. Next Adamant frame is at 56, so you need 11 advances.

im still confused I watched Bearfans' video and he said walking 128 steps in wild areas constanly advances the PID frame. after 128, you could be in the 300's or something for PID.

I am trying to non-c-gear zekrom, my seed is 2F0F1E6E53CD76B, and i am looking on frame 1.

I have managed to hit the seed right load of times. The problem i am having is getting the right nature. I am aiming for adamant, and looking through the seeds both 2F0F1E6E53CD76B and 2F0F1E6E I haven't found any nature combination that matches what i am getting, under Method5 PIDRNG. After no saves i get impish, after two saves i get relaxed. I always thought since i did not move anywhere the PID would start at 1, but the first two natures there are bashful and gentle :s.

My DS parameters:

Maybe i have been making a stupid mistake, but if someone would kindly correct me, i would greatly appreciate it.
Well, you already tried an Adamant Synchronizer? Shoulder reduce the 1/25 chance to a 1/2.
(Tip: You should find very easy synchronizers in Celestial Tower 5F, 50% of appearing Elgyem the name of the pokemon if I am correct)

Well if you already tried that, so you should try to find the relationship of the natures you get and see how many Nature RNG Frame you going to need to advance to find an Adamant one... try these.
Enter the game within the correct Seed, grab zekrom check IVs and write down the nature.
Do that again but before clicking on Zekrom save the game once, check Ivs and write natures.
Then save twice, three times, etc.. Try to do that 4-5 times and see the pattern and try to locate it on the RNG Report withing the Natures Theorotical session. Good luck with that. I'd recommend the synch because its easier!

And now for the last time, do roamers advance the frames randomly in Pokemon Black?

The PID frame starts in the 40-60 range. Try searching there.

Edit: looks like it starts at 45
Thanks

I don't know what i was doing wrong, maybe i forgot to click on generate after putting the seed in lol, or must have copied and pasted the seed wrong, but yeah i can see that now!

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
(Tip: You should find very easy synchronizers in Celestial Tower 5F, 50% of appearing Elgyem the name of the pokemon if I am correct)
For varying definitions of "easy," of course. Took me four boxes before I finally got a Timid synchronizer, and I still don't have the Brave one I wanted.
And now for the last time, do roamers advance the frames randomly in Pokemon Black?
They don't affect the IV frame, but possibly the PIDRNG. But since that's somewhat variable anyway, it shouldn't affect much.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus

My DS parameters:

What are you actually trying to get with that seed? I don't see any good IV spreads in the first 100 IV frames.

As already mentioned, you're starting on frame 45, although your comment that you saved twice and got a relaxed nature doesn't make sense. I assume you saved only once (i.e. advanced the PID frame once from 45 to 46).

When i was RNGing my Thundurus, the PIDRNG was advanced by the rain semi-randomly, but i also found there was some consistencies. Half the time off the right frame and seed i was getting one nature or half the time i was getting another. Its supposed to be random, but i think with a bit of luck you can predict which nature you will get.

@Chiizu, thanks, but i think it was a case of for some reason i was consistently managing to copy and paste the seed wrong. I was missing the E afterward, so the actual seed is 2F0F1E6E53CD76BE, thanks for the help anyway, it turns out i was just being stupid.

I managed to generate one more seed before I left. I'm not home now, though.

Anyways, I got a seed for my desired IVs. I put in the dates and times and started normally, holding right like it said to do. With a six frame I walked 128 steps with 5 in party and switched my sync to the lead and sweet scented.

First, I got a terrible Deino.
Tried again retracing exactly and got a terrible Durant.
Tried again and got a terrible Woobat.

Should I retry again and put the IVs into the parameters, with the time I started my DS for the desired seed? And what good will this do?

Thanks.

Going for a shiny Kyurem, do I have to hit the exact frame its on or before it? This is non-Cgear. I'm asking for both IVs and PID.

For varying definitions of "easy," of course. Took me four boxes before I finally got a Timid synchronizer, and I still don't have the Brave one I wanted.

They don't affect the IV frame, but possibly the PIDRNG. But since that's somewhat variable anyway, it shouldn't affect much.
Tbh, I just RNG my synchronizers. Save on top of Celestial Tower, pick a random frame 1 spread, then advance my PID until I find a synchronize Elgyem with a nature that I don't have yet.

Save, rinse, repeat. There's no NPCs so it's easier to get the synchronizers once rather than try to mess with it for every pokemon I want to catch.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Going for a shiny Kyurem, do I have to hit the exact frame its on or before it? This is non-Cgear. I'm asking for both IVs and PID.
You have to get to the exact frame. If you are going for shiny, I'd recommend you get a frame 1 spread for the IV's. Then find your PID starting frame, and find the shiny PID frame.

I'm trying now to capture a wild Exadrill with C-Gear method and I have a few questions after my first few failures :p (My seed is A64C8D4B, Frame 9 (so target frame = 6), Delay 3951)

First, can I do this like I would for a stationary pokemon? After starting my game with the updated EonTimer, I take my 250 Max Repel, and walk 256 steppes with 3 pokes in the team. During that time, I always hope that a shaking spot shows up. If it shows up during that time, I walk into it, after the Repel finishes, and capture it. If not, than I take a Small Repel (100 steps) and try to prolongue my chance to get a shaking spot, while still being under 384 steppes.

Is this correct until now? I know I can't determine its nature and Ability, so I'm using a Synchro-Pokemon at my lead Spot and hope for the 50^2% chance.

My second question is more general.. When I correctly hit my delay and frame for a 31/31/31/31/31/31 spread, does this mean EVERY wild pokemon that I can catch during this frame has perfect IVs? If yes can I capture it and continue catching more of them right afterwards?

Thanks in advance!

@Lowen, the only thing I am sure to tell you is that engaging in a battle advances the frames by approximately 120 per second, so you can't just stay on a frame after catching a pokemon.
Ok thanks. Guys.. I kept this doing for 4 hours without result. Could someone please help? :(

Shiny Stationaries on Method 5?

Hello. Long time fan/reader, first time poster here.
Can C-gear abuse be used to catch shiny stationaries on the DSi? Also, I managed to get a seed using method 5 and when I went to find more times (after putting in my MAC address's last 6 digits) it said that no times can be found. Is this a common occurance?
Thanks in advance.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Tbh, I just RNG my synchronizers. Save on top of Celestial Tower, pick a random frame 1 spread, then advance my PID until I find a synchronize Elgyem with a nature that I don't have yet.

Save, rinse, repeat. There's no NPCs so it's easier to get the synchronizers once rather than try to mess with it for every pokemon I want to catch.
True, but I caught most of the other important ones back when C-Gear was the only option (thus no control over nature), and I only need one Brave Pokémon, so it would be kind of pointless now.
Can C-gear abuse be used to catch shiny stationaries on the DSi? Also, I managed to get a seed using method 5 and when I went to find more times (after putting in my MAC address's last 6 digits) it said that no times can be found. Is this a common occurance?
Thanks in advance.
C-Gear abuse can't be used for shiny Pokémon at all. You'll have to wait until non-C-Gear is updated for DSi to do that.

Bond697

Dies, died, will die.
Thanks in advance.
you can, but you'll need to a. shut the cgear off ASAP as soon as you hit your cgear seed and b. have a way of checking your pidrng seed so you can feed it into reporter and see if you can find a shiny spread nearby. (odds are you won't find anything even remotely reachable without a bunch of waiting) you're really just better off waiting for noncgear. well, you have a dsi, so that might be awhile. you might just want to pick up a cheap ds, then.

Thanks for the fast response. That's a real shame. So I guess that means there is no way to RNG myself a shiny legend yet :'(. I guess I'll have to leave the legends for a while. Fingers crossed on the DSi update.
Thanks again.

I have my target seed, with a frame of 6. I walked 128 steps with 5 Pokemon in party, switched sync to lead and sweet scented. Ran into Woobat (not my desired Pokemon) that had terrible IVs. What would be the next course of action?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Thanks for the fast response. That's a real shame. So I guess that means there is no way to RNG myself a shiny legend yet :'(. I guess I'll have to leave the legends for a while. Fingers crossed on the DSi update.
Thanks again.
Also, keep in mind that the mascot dragons and Victini can't be shiny no matter what you do.

Thanks for the response Buckert. I have my SID and all that's required for a shiny pokemon, do I checlk the shiny only box on the Time Finder? or can i just search regular seeds and search for a shiny PID from there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)