5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
And they are...?

You also didn't mention a bunch other things mentioned in the rules. Like seed, frame, etc. etc. Go re-read them.

How does the process of RNGing Wild Pokemon using the Standard Seed work?

I have the White Version. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 BETA. Here's my seed:

Before I move on, I'd like to note that:

1. I'm not using an AR.
2. I'm not pressing any buttons until the Game Freak logo appears.
3. I'm using a Syncronizer.

In this case, I'm trying to RNG a Jolly Flawless Axew on Slot 5 (Level 30) in Mistralton Cave. It's on Frame 3, so I have 3 Pokemon with me.

There are 2 moving trainers on the first floor, and it's still dark (Need Flash) on the second floor, so I decided to go to the Guidance Chamber, where there's an Old Man who gives info on Cobalion in the top left had corner. From where he is, I went down the stairs on the right and up to the top right corner where there is a 6-step width space I'm currently using to walk my 128 steps to advance the frame.

For reference, here's a map from GameFAQs ("J" area):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/995081-pokemon-white-version/faqs/62385

Aside from the Old Man and Cobalion, I don't see any other moving NPCs on the floor. The one thing that concerns me is that the leaking water animation might cause the frame to advance, but that's only a theory until I get confirmation.

Before going through the 128-step walk, I use a Max Repel and save with a high-level Pokemon at the top of my party so I'm not interrupted. After I turn on my DS at the correct date and time, I walk my 128 steps. This is where I'm now unsure of what to do.

I switch my high-level lead to my Level 26 Synchronizer, and I use a Sweet Scenter to attract a Pokemon. So far, I've been getting everything except Axew, and the Pokemon I end up getting don't have the right IVs.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't have a clue where to start.

Help, please.... :(

I've posted this in simple question/answer thread, but I think it's getting a little complicated.
I'm trying the RNG in Black, and I'm trying to abuse my IDs to get low frame
IV spread/nature/shiny. The sum up of my current knowledge/idea/question is:
If I go into time finder, and I input the IVs I want, clear the ID and SID boxes, then I can find my seed. If I check "Search for Nearby Shiny Frames", then it will find frames with easy to achieve shiny PIDs to go with them(What PID/seed frame would be low enough?. One last thing on that front; should I change the nature/ability, or leave it at any? I'm thinking I should choose a good nature, or just choose "synch frames only", which might let me get any nature for that seed?
When I get this seed, copy the full seed and put it into Pandora's Box, and find my ID combo. From here, get those IDs etc.
Thanks for ant info, I hope I'm not asking too much/being an idiot :P
Also, if anyone can recommend a good IV/Nature set, would be much appreciated. I mainly did Special Flawless in Gen 4, no idea what's the average RNG in Gen 5 :)

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In this case, I'm trying to RNG a Jolly Flawless Axew on Slot 5 (Level 30) in Mistralton Cave. It's on Frame 3, so I have 3 Pokemon with me.
Frame 1 + 3 Pokemon advances = Frame 4. Not Frame 3.

Also, you have zero control over the PIDRNG, which is what determines your encounter slot (what determines the Pokemon you get). You are going to lose control over it if you walk 128 steps. Search for a frame 1 spread instead, even if you need to search with keypresses.

This is basic stuff in the guide on the third post.

I have a question:

How come RNG Reporter is getting the abilities wrong? I am RNGing a Jolly Axew with Mold Breaker. After listening to one chatot chatter, I get Jolly. The nature, IV's, and Gender match up. But the ability doesn't. Granted I DID get Mold Breaker, I was simply looking for my SSF because I got female when I want a Male. Mold Breaker is ability 1, right? RNG Reporter says the frame is Ability 0.

I find it funny that I still haven't gotten an answer to this.
I just kept the Axew regardless of nature, but still, this was interfering with my scraggy breeding.

When RNG'ing eggs, Timer0 will still fluctuate, yes? I only ask because the 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg tab doesn't list which Timer0 each seed is for, making me curious. I keep getting mons with PIDs that aren't on my desired seed so I'm missing my seed somehow, so I would like to know if it's just timer0 messing with me or if I'm doing something wrong somewhere.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I find it funny that I still haven't gotten an answer to this.
I just kept the Axew regardless of nature, but still, this was interfering with my scraggy breeding.
You didn't get the frame you thought you did. Plain and simple.

As for why you're not getting an answer, read the rules.

For some reason, no results come up in Time finder when I search for a HP Fighting flawless Egg, but when I search for other stuff I find lots of other seeds. Why is this? I've searched through like 30 years without one HP Fighting Flawless egg seed.

EDIT: How is the telepathy Musharna treated that's in the Dreamyard? Stationary legendary?

For some reason, no results come up in Time finder when I search for a HP Fighting flawless Egg, but when I search for other stuff I find lots of other seeds. Why is this? I've searched through like 30 years without one HP Fighting Flawless egg seed.

EDIT: How is the telepathy Musharna treated that's in the Dreamyard? Stationary legendary?
If you're searching for Frame 8 only (assuming that's what you're doing for breeding), then there's an extremely high chance you won't find a seed.

Tesseraction said:
The chances of a particular spread appearing on any particular frame 8 is 1/1073741824
If by flawless, you mean 31/31/31/31/31/31 then the HP will always be Dark.

When RNG'ing eggs, Timer0 will still fluctuate, yes? I only ask because the 4th/5th Gen Shiny Egg tab doesn't list which Timer0 each seed is for, making me curious. I keep getting mons with PIDs that aren't on my desired seed so I'm missing my seed somehow, so I would like to know if it's just timer0 messing with me or if I'm doing something wrong somewhere.
Yes it will. It's best to check you hit your seed by flying to victory road, catch a pokemon immediately, and see if the IVs of it match up to frame 14~20 for your seed.

Telepathy musharna is treated as stationary.

Like the above said, make sure you are searching for IVs that guarantee HP fighting. If you need specific attack/spatk, it'll be harder, but if you can relax one of them, you can tell rng reporter for that stat to set it to HP_" " where O = odd, and E = even.

Curious, are you trying shiny egg finder?

If you're searching for Frame 8 only (assuming that's what you're doing for breeding), then there's an extremely high chance you won't find a seed.

If by flawless, you mean 31/31/31/31/31/31 then the HP will always be Dark.
So expand my IV frame range, right? I meant HP Fighting Flawless was 31/31/30/30/30/30. Sorry for the confusion.

And to RNG breed with an IV Range greater than 8, save in the house, and land your 128th step (or multiple of it) on the door space, then exit and mash left and A?

What about Musharna though?

So expand my IV frame range, right? I meant HP Fighting Flawless was 31/31/30/30/30/30. Sorry for the confusion.

And to RNG breed with an IV Range greater than 8, save in the house, and land your 128th step (or multiple of it) on the door space, then exit and mash left and A?

What about Musharna though?
Kaasoljoyyx replied to your Musharna question.

Yes if you expand your IV frame range you'll find more results. However, if you're using Standard Seed, you should make sure to use Keypresses (3 for best results).

If you are going for a certain PIDRNG frame, then yes you want to do that and quickly talk to the old man before any moving NPCs affect your frames too much. But which multiple (if any) of 128th steps will depend on which frame # you end up using (and how many Pokemon are in your party).

For those of you reading this post, this was my original situation.

How does the process of RNGing Wild Pokemon using the Standard Seed work?

I have the White Version. I'm using RNG Reporter 9.81 BETA. Here's my seed:

Before I move on, I'd like to note that:

1. I'm not using an AR.
2. I'm not pressing any buttons until the Game Freak logo appears.
3. I'm using a Syncronizer.

There are 2 moving trainers on the first floor, and it's still dark (Need Flash) on the second floor, so I decided to go to the Guidance Chamber, where there's an Old Man who gives info on Cobalion in the top left had corner. From where he is, I went down the stairs on the right and up to the top right corner where there is a 6-step width space I'm currently using to walk my 128 steps to advance the frame.

For reference, here's a map from GameFAQs ("J" area):

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/995081-pokemon-white-version/faqs/62385

Aside from the Old Man and Cobalion, I don't see any other moving NPCs on the floor. The one thing that concerns me is that the leaking water animation might cause the frame to advance, but that's only a theory until I get confirmation.

Before going through the 128-step walk, I use a Max Repel and save with a high-level Pokemon at the top of my party so I'm not interrupted. After I turn on my DS at the correct date and time, I walk my 128 steps. This is where I'm now unsure of what to do.

I switch my high-level lead to my Level 26 Synchronizer, and I use a Sweet Scenter to attract a Pokemon. So far, I've been getting everything except Axew, and the Pokemon I end up getting don't have the right IVs.

I know I'm doing something wrong, but I don't have a clue where to start.

Help, please.... :(
Frame 1 + 3 Pokemon advances = Frame 4. Not Frame 3.

Also, you have zero control over the PIDRNG, which is what determines your encounter slot (what determines the Pokemon you get). You are going to lose control over it if you walk 128 steps. Search for a frame 1 spread instead, even if you need to search with keypresses.

This is basic stuff in the guide on the third post.
I completely forgot about the Frame formula. :(

Here's my new frame 1 spread:

I've been trying for the last hour to pick up that Axew, but I keep getting a Level 31 Boldore. I've both walked and Sweet Scented to get an encounter, but it's always a Level 31 Lax Boldore.

I double checked the time and date, and they're both correct. The game loads one second after I press start at the DS screen, which means I load at 20:11:56.

I don't know what other info to provide for further help, so if someone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

check the encounter slot.. once you figure out which one you keep hitting, get a couple chatots and advance the pid till you land the slot you want (the encounter slot frames can be displayed on the main screen of the RNG reporter in the PIDRNG)

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
There are two RNGs to manipulate in the 5th Gen - one IVRNG that controls just your IVs, and the other PIDRNG that determines a Pokemon's ESV (Encounter Slot Value), Nature, shininess, and ability number. If on your second try (heeding OD's advice about having the right number of Pokemon in your party) your Lax Boldore has the right IVs, then you're doing the first part right. The second part will involve manipulating the PIDRNG, which you can do by saving the game (one advancement per save) or by using Chatots with Chatter. You'll need to take the Standard Seed you got and generate it using Method 5 PIDRNG on RNG Reporter's main menu and find your starting PID frame on that list. But before you get to that, verify that that Lax Boldore has the frame 1 31/31/31/13/31/31 spread you searched for.

If you are going for a certain PIDRNG frame, then yes you want to do that and quickly talk to the old man before any moving NPCs affect your frames too much. But which multiple (if any) of 128th steps will depend on which frame # you end up using (and how many Pokemon are in your party).
Walking will advance the PIDRNG frame in an erratic way, so it's not really recommended. You could try to use that as a new starting frame, but then you're dealing with 2 variables, which makes mistakes much more likely.

I've been trying for the last hour to pick up that Axew, but I keep getting a Level 31 Boldore. I've both walked and Sweet Scented to get an encounter, but it's always a Level 31 Lax Boldore.

I double checked the time and date, and they're both correct. The game loads one second after I press start at the DS screen, which means I load at 20:11:56.

I don't know what other info to provide for further help, so if someone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.
First of all, when you're trying to find IV seeds, all that extra information you have about encounter slot, ability, etc won't change it. That stuff effects the PIDRNG (everything else besides IVs).

Since you're on frame 1, you should not move and you should use sweet scent immediately. If you do this correctly and hit your seed, you should be getting the exact same pokemon each time. Then you can advance the PIDRNG by

- Turning in place will advance it, but it isn't reliable and you're playing the slots

- Using a chatot to view it's chatter/summary will advance it by 1 frame

- Saving will advance it by 1 frame

If you think you need more help *points to sig*

There are two RNGs to manipulate in the 5th Gen - one IVRNG that controls just your IVs, and the other PIDRNG that determines a Pokemon's ESV (Encounter Slot Value), Nature, shininess, and ability number. If on your second try (heeding OD's advice about having the right number of Pokemon in your party) your Lax Boldore has the right IVs, then you're doing the first part right. The second part will involve manipulating the PIDRNG, which you can do so by saving the game (one advancement per save) or by using Chatots with Chatter. You'll need to take the Standard Seed you got and generate it using Method 5 PIDRNG on RNG Reporter's main menu and find your starting PID frame on that list. But before you get to that, verify that that Lax Boldore has the frame 1 31/31/31/13/31/31 spread you searched for.
I'm using a Synchronizer, which means I sometimes force the Jolly nature onto the Boldore. Should I switch the lead Pokemon, or does it not matter?

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
I'm using a Synchronizer, which means I sometimes force the Jolly nature onto the Boldore. Should I switch the lead Pokemon, or does it not matter?
That's a very good idea. Just switch the first Pokemon in your party to something that doesn't have Synchronize before you sweet scent so you can determine your starting frame more easily. I'm assuming you know where to look for the Encounter Slots for Cobalion's cave, so all you need to do first is match Lax Boldore's level and ESV to some possibility on your generated PIDRNG list. To do this you'll need to hit your seed several times. First, match Boldore. Then, try to hit your seed and use one chatot (or save once) to find the ESV/ability type/nature of the next Pokemon, making sure that this Pokemon also has the right IVs so you know you're still on the same seed. Keep hitting the seed again and advancing one extra time each time until you can match the consecutive ESVs/ability types/natures you get to a sequence of PID frames that matches it on the PIDRNG list you generated, and then you'll know what PID frame you're starting on with Boldore. (start looking around PID frame 40-60) From there, you just need to calculate how many chatots/saves to do to get to the closest Axew on the right ESV.

Sephirona

is a Top Artist Alumnus
I never use synch, I always try to manipulate the PIDRNG, so I would say yes switch the lead
It's useful to search for PIDs that are also syncable especially if that PID frame is shiny, or if you just want the same Pokemon with a different nature. In his case, it's just so he can see the true natures of the Pokemon he's encountering so he can match them to his PIDRNG list.

It's useful to search for PIDs that are also syncable especially if that PID frame is shiny, or if you just want the same Pokemon with a different nature. In his case, it's just so he can see the true natures of the Pokemon he's encountering so he can match them to his PIDRNG list.
Okay, I'm having a stupid moment. Where is the PIDRNG on RNG Reporter? I know you said it's on the main screen, but I'm not finding it....

This is actually my second time RNGing, and the first time, I only used a Standard seed to pick up a Perfect Naughty Zekrom. There weren't too many steps involved, so I didn't use anything other than the Time Finder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)