5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

When will anyone understand that 90% of the time, your intial PID frame is 1+ or 2+ from the actual one that RNG reporter tells you. (assuming you hit A and open the menu quick)

This is false. In Gen5, all a Synch does is change the nature of the frame. Frames won't be shifted up or down without a synch; you can check in RNG reporter yourself, just gen a seed with a synch and without and everything is in the same order. The Everstone part IS true, but it does not apply to synchronizers.

What zxzxi is describing is fine, and honestly how you're supposed to do this kind of thing.

Edit to try and answer the original question: Are you walking to advance the IV frame? If so, you will need to walk in the same pattern every time, and even then it will be unreliable -- sometimes, it'll advance the PID frame by 1 whereas it usually advances it by 2. It could just be that; this is why we recommend target IV frames of 1 -- no walking necessary, just chatter up to your target PID frame and presto.
That's possible. I was using one with a frame of 9, so I did do 256 steps of walking. I could try to find one with a frame of 1. I just settled for 9 because it was actually close to what the month, day, and year it is today.

When will anyone understand that 90% of the time, your intial PID frame is 1+ or 2+ from the actual one that RNG reporter tells you. (assuming you hit A and open the menu quick)
so when i used it to get a few snivys, it worked.. but when i go to eevee.. it starts to fluctuate? then why when i chatter 141 times.. its always hardy, but when i go back down 5 to the frame i want.. its never that?

I'll understand it when it becomes true. Which it isn't. RNG Reporter is perfectly accurate with regards to your starting frame, barring NPCs. And NPCs can affect the frame as little as one (I've even seen zero) above, to as much as in the 40s above. And RNG Reporter can't possibly predict how they affect us, which is why we check to see what our Shifted Starting Frame is. Which Phadunk has already taken into account for, and zxzxi doesn't need to because there are no NPCs in his area.

so when i used it to get a few snivys, it worked.. but when i go to eevee.. it starts to fluctuate? then why when i chatter 141 times.. its always hardy, but when i go back down 5 to the frame i want.. its never that?
Try loading, running around for a while, zoning back in and out, then saving in front of the egg guy again. Will give you different NPC positions, giving you a new SSF. Might help, worth trying.

Here's an example of my predicament.

Frame 691 says Docile
Frame 692 says Lax and shiny
Frame 693 says Hardy
Frame 694 says Brave

I advance 353 PID frames using chatot's chatter, I get the docile one.
I advance 354 frames, I SHOULD get the Lax shiny one, but I get the Hardy one instead.
I just tried 355 frames and I got Brave.

All of them had the correct IV spread too.
I honestly don't get it.
I would like to point out I am new to RNGing and this is my first real go at it.

Here's an example of my predicament.

Frame 691 says Docile
Frame 692 says Lax and shiny
Frame 693 says Hardy
Frame 694 says Brave

I advance 353 PID frames using chatot's chatter, I get the docile one.
I advance 354 frames, I SHOULD get the Lax shiny one, but I get the Hardy one instead.
I just tried 355 frames and I got Brave.

All of them had the correct IV spread too.
I honestly don't get it.
I would like to point out I am new to RNGing and this is my first real go at it.
And just to double check, you're moving in the same exact pattern each time? Because even a single wayward turn will throw you off. But if you are, and you're consistently getting that result I really couldn't help you man. All I can say is to try and find a IV frame 1 seed; trust me, they're a hell of a lot easier.

Edit: Another thought. Are you moving before you chatter, or chattering before you move? If it's the latter, try moving first. It's worth a try.

And just to double check, you're moving in the same exact pattern each time? Because even a single wayward turn will throw you off. But if you are, and you're consistently getting that result I really couldn't help you man. All I can say is to try and find a IV frame 1 seed; trust me, they're a hell of a lot easier.

Edit: Another thought. Are you moving before you chatter, or chattering before you move? If it's the latter, try moving first. It's worth a try.
I am moving before chattering, and yes I'm certain I moved the exact same way. I even ran into the walls and made the bump noise to ensure I don't miss anything (I was going back and forth) (I'm under the assumption that bumping does not alter the PID frame).

Stick to frame 1, keypresses at 3, widen the IV spread a bit if you have to. Save yourself the headache of anything past frame 1, it's not worth it.

so i got a seed for a hp ice snivy egg.. used it.. worked perfect, 134 chatters. so i decide.. well.. the eevees have the same male/female ratio, i'll do a jolteon too..

i put the eevees in the daycare, hatch an egg.. "jolly".. hmm.. well.. i guess i'll chatter 5 extra times just to see where im at. i chatter 5 extra times.. hatch.. "hardy" exactly where it should be.. 5 chatters above my shiny timid frame.

go for 134 chatters again.. jolly. done this shit about half a dozen times.

what gives.
Is it possible something was ditto'd? That usually screws things up.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the starting IV Frame for Wondercard Pokemon? Is it frame 1? I didn't see this info listed in Kaphotic's post on page 1.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is the starting IV Frame for Wondercard Pokemon? Is it frame 1? I didn't see this info listed in Kaphotic's post on page 1.
No they are generated with the PID and is thus a different method. Starting frame is 58+~~

While searching for seeds for breeding I see three types of natures.
Some are bolded while some are normal and the last are greyed.
What are they?

Zuzu: You're on the wrong tab. You have to search under "4th/5th Gen Egg finder" not "Capture"

King N: Bolded are synchronizable, normal aren't, grey are useless natures.

Zuzu: You're on the wrong tab. You have to search under "4th/5th Gen Egg finder" not "Capture"

King N: Bolded are synchronizable, normal aren't, grey are useless natures.
But the newest bearsfan092drums video he does it all in the capture tab..
How do I find my PID? He says he get's it from pressing the Find PIDRNG in the vid, and gets 81 somehow, yet I can't find mine...

FUCK MY LIFE. Bearsfan specifically says to go to the breeding tab if your doing shiny, but then were the hell do you input the parents IV's?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
But the newest bearsfan092drums video he does it all in the capture tab..
How do I find my PID? He says he get's it from pressing the Find PIDRNG in the vid, and gets 81 somehow, yet I can't find mine...

FUCK MY LIFE. Bearsfan specifically says to go to the breeding tab if your doing shiny, but then were the hell do you input the parents IV's?
Just set it to BW .__.

Upper left corner; Breeding Type: BW

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
You do know your PID, because 49 is your starting frame, and that'll be the first result you get when you hatch the egg without advancing. Check Shiny Only to see where your Shiny PID is

You do know your PID, because 49 is your starting frame, and that'll be the first result you get when you hatch the egg without advancing. Check Shiny Only to see where your Shiny PID is
Ok, sorry bout that, I'm just really dumb and I've been getting frustrated..

I just succeeded in getting a female Gligar with a flawless spread bar Sp.atk, but no Dream World ability. Now, was it just by chance that I obtained a Female one and no dream world ability due to the percentages?

Trying C-Gear abuse. I’m trying to find the delay I’m hitting to adjust my timer

Okay, so I go in and find my seed in RNG Reporter. I changed the method to 5, changed the Mac Address (0026599991E4), put in my ID and SID (07280 and 36063) hit shiny only, and pressed search. After about an hour I find my perfect seed- 409CB1CF, with a frame of 31 I put it to Seed to Time and come out with a date that looks good to me, 2011 07 03, 03:22:21. I flew to the E4 and I went back to Victory Road, and entered the first cave I saw. I saved and turned the power off. I put a Calibration of 0, a delay of 8160 (which is what it said), and my target seconds as 21, in EonTimer. I set my DS time to 03:22:00, and start both at the same time. I click a on the game when the first timer ends, then the game starts up. Then I wait until the tbing loads (I don’t press any buttons, till reshiram pops up) and go into the game with C-Gear off. I press the C-Gear Power button and wait till the second timer goes off. When it does I press the Yes button. I immediately Sweet Scent, I catch the pokemon, check the IVs, generate a list of adjacent seeds, and I search those IVs and it says there are no results that match the ivs. I’ve done this more than once, with a calibration of 0, and a calibration of -195. I’m pretty sure that’s what wrong.. Can someone help? PS: I don’t really get the timer. When I put in 1 second, it has 60 seconds on the timer. Can someone explain that to me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 28)