5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

does anyone who recently RNG'd Terrakion on White 2 have any idea of how much the NPC's advance the PIDRNG? Like I'm hit my seed, but came across a nature that appears twice before my target frame... (going for a shiny one btw)

Speaking from B/W experience, yes, if your initial frame is the same as your target frame then you just encounter the pokemon without any advances. This isn't great though, because you're stuck without a way to verify your seed.
You should always aim for seeds that have a starting frame lower than the target frame, but of course depending on what frame you're aiming for sometimes the target will be below the starting frame. If that's the case then you can't hit that frame, so only use target frames that are higher than that seed's starting frame.
Ah I see, but am I missing something because I don't remember reading in the guide of a way to verify that you hit your seed....I'm currently stuck on this part: "Go back to RNG Reporter's frame output search and look for that nature." I have no idea what it's talking about there. I'm sure after I figure out what it means here I can finally succeed :)

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
does anyone who recently RNG'd Terrakion on White 2 have any idea of how much the NPC's advance the PIDRNG? Like I'm hit my seed, but came across a nature that appears twice before my target frame... (going for a shiny one btw)
there's only one WNPC, so it should only be a few frames if you're quick about it.

I'm currently stuck on this part: "Go back to RNG Reporter's frame output search and look for that nature." I have no idea what it's talking about there. I'm sure after I figure out what it means here I can finally succeed :)
You know that huge list you get on RNG Reporter's main window when you click Generate?

That.

You know that huge list you get on RNG Reporter's main window when you click Generate?

That.
Got it lol

Now it seems I'm able to get the nature but the shiny part doesn't seem to want to work. I know my TID/SID is correct. Is their another factor that could be causing me not to be running into a shiny?

NPCs could be knocking your frame higher into one that has the same nature but no shiny, especially if you're using a Synchronizer.

Got it lol

Now it seems I'm able to get the nature but the shiny part doesn't seem to want to work. I know my TID/SID is correct. Is their another factor that could be causing me not to be running into a shiny?
What kiddu said^. also for your profile in RNGReporter, select all 3 button choices (None, 1, 2, 3) so that you get more seeds. try to keep min/max IVRNG frame (the one shown in TimeFinder) to 1/1 as much as possible.

NPCs could be knocking your frame higher into one that has the same nature but no shiny, especially if you're using a Synchronizer.
If it helps any I'm doing Cobalion, so I doubt that's the case do to their not being any NPC's. Just so I know I'm doing this whole process right:

1. Using Time Finder to search for desired spread
  2. Inputting the seed given into the MAIN RNG window and then pressing the 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame
  3. Setting the time so that I hit the date given from the Time Finder window
  4. Then it's just a matter of advancing the frame to what is needed (if it's needed at all) and running into Cobalion.

What kiddu said^. also for your profile in RNGReporter, select all 3 button choices (None, 1, 2, 3) so that you get more seeds. try to keep min/max IVRNG frame (the one shown in TimeFinder) to 1/1 as much as possible.
Ya I'm already doing all that. So I don't know where it is I'm going wrong.

Hoping I can get a bit of help with a puzzling problem I ran into! I'm RNGing a starter again (though this time in White rather than White 2, because WNPCs and multiple timer0s are just too obnoxious), and I'm also abusing my TID/SID for shininess. I got my desired ID and calculated my PIDRNG, then did the required number of saves.

I'm certain I hit my IV seed, and I even ended up on the correct PIDRNG seed. However, the starter wasn't shiny. I also noticed that the characteristics that RNGReporter reports are incorrect, though I was able to find my initial PID through looking at consecutive natures. Is Pandora's Box off or something? That's the only reason I can think of, considering that I hit everything properly except for the shininess.

EDIT: Never mind, figured out what the issue was. Seems like the list of generated PID frames was off by 3, I'll have to keep that in mind in the future.

If it helps any I'm doing Cobalion, so I doubt that's the case do to their not being any NPC's. Just so I know I'm doing this whole process right:

1. Using Time Finder to search for desired spread
  2. Inputting the seed given into the MAIN RNG window and then pressing the 'Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame
  3. Setting the time so that I hit the date given from the Time Finder window
  4. Then it's just a matter of advancing the frame to what is needed (if it's needed at all) and running into Cobalion.

Ya I'm already doing all that. So I don't know where it is I'm going wrong.
Have you tried other seeds from timefinder in the main app of RNGReporter? I usually try a couple seeds to see which ones give me a shiny PIDRNG frame within 400-500 of the initial frame.

Have you tried other seeds from timefinder in the main app of RNGReporter? I usually try a couple seeds to see which ones give me a shiny PIDRNG frame within 400-500 of the initial frame.
Should I be aiming for frames that far away from my initial seed? But to answer your question I've tried a few and got the same result although I did falter after the first two attempted failures. Just really trying to grasp this.

I could use quite some help for RNGing a roaming Tornadus.
It seems like I'm hitting my seed (because I'm always getting the same wrong Tornadus). Do you have any advice, how to catch a RNGed Tornadus?

I could use quite some help for RNGing a roaming Tornadus.
It seems like I'm hitting my seed (because I'm always getting the same wrong Tornadus). Do you have any advice, how to catch a RNGed Tornadus?
If you keep getting wrong IVs, then you're not hitting your seed. If you keep getting the right IVs but the same wrong nature, then it's the weather advancing the PID. There's not a whole lot you can do about that except try to find what PID you're hitting (somewhere well into the hundreds) and adjust your advancements to try to hit the nature you want.

If you keep getting wrong IVs, then you're not hitting your seed. If you keep getting the right IVs but the same wrong nature, then it's the weather advancing the PID. There's not a whole lot you can do about that except try to find what PID you're hitting (somewhere well into the hundreds) and adjust your advancements to try to hit the nature you want.
So the IV are fixed even if it isn't the first frame? Then the Adjacent Seed Tool is a bit confusing.

Argh, this Genesect is aggravating. Can somebody check to see if I am doing something wrong?

So my Starting Frame is 57 and my Target 78 so that means I need to make 20 advances with my Chatots. I click the A button at 17 seconds due to the typical 1 second lag. This is all correct right? If so, why do I keep getting random spreads that I can't find in the adjacent seed generator?

So the IV are fixed even if it isn't the first frame? Then the Adjacent Seed Tool is a bit confusing.
IVs and PID are separate. When you're using an IV frame of 1 (and you better be) and your IVs are off, then you missed your seed, and that's when you use the Adjacent Seed Tool. If they're right and you miss your nature, then you don't need the tool because you hit the right seed.

So my Starting Frame is 57 and my Target 78 so that means I need to make 20 advances with my Chatots.
78-57=21.

It generates on your current frame. You either pick up the Pokemon on that frame, or listen to the Chatter listed for that frame and move on to the next one.

In other words, if you picked up Genesect immediately after starting your game on that seed, it would have the stats listed on frame 57.

NPCs count even if they're off-screen, as long as they're in the same route. Last I checked there are several there.
Hmmmm...well as far as I know in that 'Map' there's only that ONE old man who interacts with you after you actually catch Cobalion. Ugh, I'll have to keep trying. I know I'm hitting the right seed since every time I reset I'm landing on the same nature.

Ok this is quite weird: I searched a SEED for an hexaflawless Zekrom, found one, Lonely nature on frame 86 of the PIDRNG for this SEED = all good.

I just hit that SEED after several attempts because of Timer0 trolling, but got the wrong nature (Impish, which is on frame 85) and, the most important, the Speed IV was 15 instead of 31. I verified in the main window of RNGReporter, and, indeed, IV frame 1 for that SEED is 31/31/31/31/31/15, and not hexaflawless.

So, basically, the Time Finder and the main window of the program tell me different things. Is that a known problem ? How to get around it ?

Thanks for your answers.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Ok this is quite weird: I searched a SEED for an hexaflawless Zekrom, found one, Lonely nature on frame 86 of the PIDRNG for this SEED = all good.

I just hit that SEED after several attempts because of Timer0 trolling, but got the wrong nature (Impish, which is on frame 85) and, the most important, the Speed IV was 15 instead of 31. I verified in the main window of RNGReporter, and, indeed, IV frame 1 for that SEED is 31/31/31/31/31/15, and not hexaflawless.

So, basically, the Time Finder and the main window of the program tell me different things. Is that a known problem ? How to get around it ?

Thanks for your answers.
That means your IV frame was off by 1. Are you sure you searched 1/1 for the IV frame in Time Finder?

That means your IV frame was off by 1. Are you sure you searched 1/1 for the IV frame in Time Finder?
Hmmm, in fact that was just me mis-selecting in the Time Finder. I probably scrolled too hard and my research was made for Roaming Pokemons, which explains why the IV frame was off.

I now have another, more simple problem: is anything advancing your PID Frame at the top of Dragonspiral Tower ? Because I got a flawless Zekrom, but with a nature which is off by 12 frames (and although I'm not superconfident with myself, I think I didn't chatter 46 times instead of 34).

EDIT: Tried to compensate for the 12 frames, but ended with a nature which is not even listed in the PIDRNG list for about 100 frames forward. Lost.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)