5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I cannot hit the same Timer0 value consistently that is for sure. I have never hit the correct Timer0 for any of the RNG's that I have attempted so far. I have never attempted to RNG Abuse before period. This is new to me but the programming/mathematics side of things make perfect sense to me. I usually try about 6-7 times before I give up trying to hit the correct Timer0 value. I verify every the parameters that I met in the encounter in an attempt to find a solution to how I am experiencing so many problems with this.
What's the most common T0 you have?

Once again, I pose the question: if I hit the Timer0, is it 100% that the IV's will match the Finder results?
Yes, assuming you're using a seed with an IV frame of 1.

Also, if I soft reset the game does that change the start-up time? In short, do I have to turn the system fully off every time I miss my mark?
Don't SR when trying to RNG.

I re-calibrated on my DS Lite instead of my DSi yesterday, and I loved the results. Got the same timer0 13 out of 30 times.
RNG'd the Event-Genesect right afterwards - successful on the 3rd try.

I remember in the very back of my head that, when BW1 came out, someone said you're gonna have less timer0 related problems if your firmware on the DS Lite is older - I've bought mine pretty much right as it came out and never ever upgraded it. Is that related to my amazingly stable timer0 in any way? Because if it is, that might be very useful information for some people.

Time to RNG some Dream Radar stuff! :)

I re-calibrated on my DS Lite instead of my DSi yesterday, and I loved the results. Got the same timer0 13 out of 30 times.
RNG'd the Event-Genesect right afterwards - successful on the 3rd try.

I remember in the very back of my head that, when BW1 came out, someone said you're gonna have less timer0 related problems if your firmware on the DS Lite is older - I've bought mine pretty much right as it came out and never ever upgraded it. Is that related to my amazingly stable timer0 in any way? Because if it is, that might be very useful information for some people.
I don't remember anything like that. Where did you hear it?

Not unless you're on a Mac.

I know the RNG Reporter is currently incompatible with Windows XP, but is it compatible with Windows 8? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm looking for a new computer and want to know if it'd be able to help me RNG.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I know the RNG Reporter is currently incompatible with Windows XP, but is it compatible with Windows 8? Sorry if this is a stupid question. I'm looking for a new computer and want to know if it'd be able to help me RNG.
I haven't tested it myself, but there's no reason why RNGReporter wouldn't be compatible with Windows 8. 99.9% chance that if something can run on Win 7, it can run on Win 8, drivers included.

I've tried to make my Durant hatch shiny in my Black 2 game (rng'd in White 1), but it hatched normally with the right nature and IVs. I changed my White 1 SID/ID to match my Black 2, and it spat out 6AAE76330BDCC516 which was supposed to give me the PID EC995500, but gave me this Durant instead. I double checked with my normal W1 ID in the main window afterwards; it didn't come up shiny and gave me the PID of my current Durant. What do I have to do to make an egg shiny on another save?

EDIT: I've done this before, so is this just a bug?

I'm currently trying to RNG abuse the Genesect Wondercard, and I came across something odd. After entering everything correctly in the Timefinder (going for flawless naive spread) my resulting frame was 87, so I copied the seed and pasted it into the main rng reporter window. After clicking 'calculate initial pidrng frame' and generate, I found that my starting frame was 65 (therefore needing 22 advances to get to 87), BUT in the underlying generated results, the Naive frame I wanted was listed as frame 85.
My question is: which frame do I have to follow? 87 or 85? o.o

What's the most common T0 you have?.
I am not sure. While doing my calibration tests, I went through the process 16 times.

If this is right, I really need to double up my calibration testing because in my testing of 16 times. There was a value that came up 3 times but two more that came up twice. By no means anything as consistent as the above.

Yes, assuming you're using a seed with an IV frame of 1.
Woot! Woot! At least I know what my odds are here.

I had to replace my DS with a DSi XL from EB Games. It has been updated I am not sure what the newest firmware is but the one on mine is 1.4.4U. It seems this might be part of my problem. Cause if that is true... the second I can get a brand new 3DS XL... chances are my Timer0 will be less erradic.

I want to move onto that next. Since I have a NDS Adapter and version 3.7 of Poke C-Gear, I can add the Dream Radar peeps to my game without the 3DS app.

Speaking of Wondercard Genesect, I would like to abuse it multiple times but I need to find my DS Parameters. Does anybody know of a spot no farther than Castelia City where there aren't any wandering NPCs? I don't want to ruin the adventure rushing through it just so I can catch some worthless Pokemon to find my parameters.

Speaking of Wondercard Genesect, I would like to abuse it multiple times but I need to find my DS Parameters. Does anybody know of a spot no farther than Castelia City where there aren't any wandering NPCs? I don't want to ruin the adventure rushing through it just so I can catch some worthless Pokemon to find my parameters.
6 rare candies on the first route or 1 rare candy in the castelia sewers gives accurate enough iv's to calibrate.

NPCs don't matter for finding parameters. And you only need to go through it once for your cartridge/DS combo, no matter how many times you restart your game.

Two different things. What NPCs affect doesn't bother what you're using to calibrate. They only matter when you're actually trying to RNG something

I'm currently trying to RNG abuse the Genesect Wondercard, and I came across something odd. After entering everything correctly in the Timefinder (going for flawless naive spread) my resulting frame was 87, so I copied the seed and pasted it into the main rng reporter window. After clicking 'calculate initial pidrng frame' and generate, I found that my starting frame was 65 (therefore needing 22 advances to get to 87), BUT in the underlying generated results, the Naive frame I wanted was listed as frame 85.
My question is: which frame do I have to follow? 87 or 85? o.o
anyone? :(

Ah, then I have no clue what went wrong in my attempts to get that Genesect. I have feeling it is my timer0, though. With wide variation in BW2 what is the best way to find the right one? Choose the most common and hope it works? I actually don't understand what the timer0 is, it just never bothered me before so I didn't worry.

I would just try both frames. It's only 20-22 frame advancements.

Ah, then I have no clue what went wrong in my attempts to get that Genesect. I have feeling it is my timer0, though. With wide variation in BW2 what is the best way to find the right one? Choose the most common and hope it works?
Yeah, that.

Wondercards like Genesect are the one time (aside from breeding, which is irrelevant for BW2 owners) where NPCs can mess with the IVs as well as nature. You can't use them to calibrate, either. Timer0 trolling is still most likely, but not the only possibility.

I use the Castelia City Pokecenter so it's not the wandering NPCs. At least I now know that moving NPCs don't matter. Are there any tricks I could use to cut down the variation?

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
I use the Castelia City Pokecenter so it's not the wandering NPCs. At least I now know that moving NPCs don't matter. Are there any tricks I could use to cut down the variation?
Use a DSPhat/DSLite instead of a DSi or 3DS. Unfortunately even a DSLite has a range of about 4 Timer0s you have to deal with.

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
Using an external timer like Eontimer is supposed to help, but I've never used it for standard seeds myself.
An external timer is only there to aid you in hitting your time, as a DSi and 3DS do not have a seconds display on their in-system clock, while a DSPhat/DSLite do. It will not really help you hit your timer0 any better.

How would I go about doing that without delay? Would I need to use it during calibration, too? (Sorry, it has been a while)

You can just do it on BW1, BW2 doesn't bring anything special that you have to do it there.
Is your profile ticked off for the finder and parameters whether or not you have Memory Link and BW2? I noticed a few spots in the program need you to indicate it even if you its already set in your profile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)