5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

What was it?

Did you search only on IV Frame 1 in Time Finder?
yea i did search on iv frame 1

When you searched in Time Finder, did you use IVs (standard seed) or PIDRNG? If you chose the latter, that only allows you to RNG the PID. If you want both, you need to search IVs and check the nearby shiny box.
i used PIDRNG stationary no encounter slots shiny only and 31 at every stat except for attack...
ok thanks i ll try this today

I am having problems RNGing Genesect in my Black 2.
For experimental reasons, my starting frame is equal to my target frame, so I get Genesect immediately after starting the game. But I am always getting different IV spreads and nature from Genesect. I am supposed to get the same IV spread and nature, right? What causes these problems?

For experimental reasons, my starting frame is equal to my target frame, so I get Genesect immediately after starting the game. But I am always getting different IV spreads and nature from Genesect. I am supposed to get the same IV spread and nature, right? What causes these problems?
Are you aiming for a particular IV spread? If so then the reason you are getting different IVs is because you are not hitting your desired seed/timer0

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Well, you're probably not hitting your timer0, which would explain why the natures and IVs are different. There's also the chance there're wandering NPCs in the pokemon center you are; they can also be affecting the process.

It's weird because in calibrating for my parameters, I've hit my Timer0 7/10 times (1104). And now in the actual RNG I am always hitting different seeds/Timer0.
I'm in Castelia's Pokemon Center. I am using DS Lite. I guess I just have to try again and again

EDIT:
Ok now, I am starting to see light. I got a pair of IV spread/nature from Genesect which means I've hit my calibrated Timer0 twice in a row just now.
I also found out that my starting frame should be 44, which RNG Reporter miscalculated to be 46. I guess I'm done experimenting. Now onto the real RNG.

EDIT2:
Finally. I got my Genesect. Hasty 31/31/31/30/30/31
On to my 5th badge! Yay! :D
Thanks BTW, Cereza and RedSpyda xD

Is there any resources that explain on how to calibrate from a flashcard?
  • If you are using a flashcart, you'll be able to standard seed abuse as they do not run in DSi mode. You're technically a DS/DSlite.
    • Extend the searching range for all of the parameter sections to find your flashcart's parameters. They will be different depending on the class of SD memory you use and the flashcart and firmware itself.
    • Asking if your card runs in DSi mode does not belong here. It doesn't.

• You may still do C-Gear abuse with your DSes, however it is extremely recommended that you have a firm grasp of the material. Experience from 4th gen Delay hitting is beneficial.
    • If there is new information, this thread will be updated to contain it.

I have a question, I RNGed a Kyurem today, but completely forgot about the release date of BW2, so my Kyurem was caught in January (when the games didn't exist). My question is, is the Pokemon considered non-legit if its met before the official game release? How does Nintendo feel about this (lets say during tournaments)

I have a question, I RNGed a Kyurem today, but completely forgot about the release date of BW2, so my Kyurem was caught in January (when the games didn't exist). My question is, is the Pokemon considered non-legit if its met before the official game release? How does Nintendo feel about this (lets say during tournaments)
In VGC if a spot check is performed you would be hooped. Similarly, while looking into ranging, I took note of the dates that I acquired badges in my save file. Obviously speaking, catching a Route 22 before the date of your 3rd badge is an issue.

Now, this kind of spot check would have to be really detailed and the odds that we would not be still using the banned list in VGC 2013 is slim-to-none.

... if you are talking about random Wi-Fi matches... it does not do that detailed of a check.

Pretty sure they don't care.

I was travelling for a long time and haven't RNG'd anything until recently as a result, and just recently downloaded a version of RNG reporter with Chatot pitches. I'm a fan of the feature since it usually means I can verify a seed / starting frame without an additional capture, hatching an egg, etc.

But, I've noticed that when using the pitches as a reference, it always seems to make me think I'm two away from the frame I'm actually on. Is this normal, or am I insane?

Curious: is anything other than chances of Shininess affected by trading an egg to another game before hatching it? (Its just a personal quirk but I would prefer to hatch everything I can on the game that I will be bringing to VGC.)

I am recently trying to find the parameter for my DSLite since the Timer0 range on DSi was a little to much. The issue I am having is that no matter how many times I search with the original parameter settings for DSLite I am not finding anything. Is there something wrong with the range of those settings? Should I just use the DSi settings even though I am using a DSLite?

Changing the date on your DS clock isn't hacking, therefore there's nothing wrong with it.
If the dispute came up in a VGC tournament, it would most likely be voted in favor of your DS clock vs capturing of Pokemon to require validity.

Is anyone able to assist with RNG my Dream Radar (I am a Windows user)?

I am recently trying to find the parameter for my DSLite since the Timer0 range on DSi was a little to much. The issue I am having is that no matter how many times I search with the original parameter settings for DSLite I am not finding anything. Is there something wrong with the range of those settings? Should I just use the DSi settings even though I am using a DSLite?
Did you remember to change the MAC address of your DSi to the MAC address of your DSLite?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 30)