1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Yes, you would use the ID/SID combination of the game where the egg is going to hatch. Remember not to use international parents though; if you do the pokemon will not be shiny.

I don't quite understand what you meant for the ability part.
  2. Nelson511

Nelson511

you don;t need to put seconds. only if you're aiming for a certain one. :) and, yes, soft reset at that time.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]
  3. kiddu

kiddu

Are you using the time when you start from the DS menu, like you should be, or something else (like the time when you press Continue)? Are you leaving all your buttons alone until the Gamefreak logo?
  4. istore

istore

Okay here is my exact process, as suggested (Parameter Search for White 2)

Prereqs: All of my information (MAC Address, version, language, ds type, and held buttons)

I am setting my time I start from the DS Menu at 21:24:00

I don't press ANY buttons until the gamefreak logo comes and goes, then i hit A once it starts the motion picture that comes up directly after gamefreak.

i start up my game, turn off C-Gear (have tried with it off and on, still doesnt work either way). Then immediately use Sweet Scent. I capture the pokemon, upload it to Pokecheck to get the IVs, copy them into the min/max IV area.

I leave Soft reset unchecked and leave Only Search for Min&Max GxStat checked and hit Search. I never find any results when I do that.
  5. RedSpyda

RedSpyda

For a seed that has a required cute charm lead but the nature is bold can you still use a syncer for that seed or you have to accept the nature that appears?
  6. kiddu

kiddu

If you can find a way to have a lead with both Cute Charm and Synchronize then I'd love to hear it.

You need to be more specific here.

Wait, turning it off in-game, or starting the game with it already off? Letting the C-Gear turn on at any point will advance the IVRNG, ruining your calibration attempt.
  7. istore

istore

Sorry, I meant I hit A to start up the game from the DS Menu at 21:24:00 which is the time I entered into the Parameter Search for the place where you put the date and time.

And no, not turning it on/off in game, I mean restarting the entire process all over.
  8. Silverwarp

Silverwarp

I don't know what timer0s you got, but generally speaking for Black 2 on a DS Lite, it's 1104 - 1106. I have gotten occasions where I hit 1103 and 1107, but it's very rare.

I did the research for you and you hit Timer0 1106.

Pandora's Box (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  9. kiddu

kiddu

It shouldn't need to be turned off since it shouldn't be turned on in the first place. I'm hoping you mean "leave the C-Gear off".
  10. istore

istore

Yes I meant I leave the C-Gear off altogether. I say no from the time it asks you right when you hit "Continue"
  11. Silverwarp

Silverwarp

Well, I can't guarantee anything and unfortunately for you, if I recall correctly, many people have been saying there's a lot of Timer0s on the 3DS XL (up to 20 I hear). I'm assuming you'll be doing this many times, so write down the possibilities (hopefully, there will be no more than 2 per each time you calibrate) and find the ones you hit most often. There be some kind of sequential order that you'll see. Otherwise, I recommend borrowing a DS Lite when you RNG.

This is a list of Timer0s that TheAlleyKat posted earlier for Black 2. I'm not sure if it's for a 3DS or DSi (it's in the range of Timer0s for the 2 systems), but it's something I suppose. You might want to PM to find out what system is being used, so you don't have to extensively calibrate to find everything.
  12. Ashenlock

Ashenlock

Thank you, I think my problem was that I didn't also check 1106 when I got that ID; I had about five different seeds I tried for the desired ID. One or two of the times that no result showed for 1103, 1104, 1105, and 1106, the ones I got while finding parameters, might have been because they were hit with 1107, one I didn't use. Thanks, I'll go back to work on it.
  13. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

Are there WNPCs in the Hidden Grottos? I attempted a Ditto today, but kept getting Relaxed over Sassy (one frame higher).
  14. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

There shouldn't be. Are you sure you counted the Chatters correctly? And did it work when you did one fewer?
  15. Lrrr

Lrrr

Does walking through the tiles in the Regi rooms increase PID rng? They don't have encounters but it seems that my initial PID rng frame is off.
  16. Cipher Admin Lovrina

Cipher Admin Lovrina

The starting frame was 45. The target frame was 87. I always did 42 chatters and got Relaxed. I should have tried one fewer.
  17. jelome1989

jelome1989

If RNG Reporter found exactly 1 result for my DS parameters, is that going to be final? Will that be accurate?
    Or do I have to repeat the process and get the same result for it to be accurate?
    This is my first time RNGing Gen 5.
  18. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You want to repeat the process a few times as there is always more than 1 Timer0 you can hit; In BW that number is 2, but in BW2 that number can be as high as >10. If you're doing this in BW I would recommend doing between 10-15 trials, If you're doing it in BW2 however, you might want to try the process at least 20 times.
  19. jelome1989

jelome1989

I have Black 2. Ugh. So I gotta keep redoing the process until I get a pair of Timer0s?
  20. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

You need to keep doing the process until you feel you've found the Timer0 you hit most of the time.
  21. istore

istore

Hi I am posting again, still can't even find a result when I search my parameters in White 2.

I did everything exactly the same as I did for Pokemon Black (same spot of grass, followed the procedure correctly) and got a result for Black, but not for White 2.

does anyone have any idea what typical Timer0s in White 2 are so I can search using those? I'm all out of ideas as to why this isn't working and no one else seems to have much of an idea either.
  22. timai

timai

Hey guys,

I am trying to capture the stationary volcarona in black 2...

Using RNG Reporter 9.9.64 beta

I managed to get the right nature, ability and it is shiny,
    but the iv´s are wrong...

if my target frame was 121 , i did the chatot pitches to 120...

do you know where my problem is ? is it the timer0 controlling problem that i am not hitting the right on ?

i looked for my most common timer0 and it is 18A6 and 18A7... the seed for volcarona i want is on 18A6, 1 keypress

i tried it like 20 times and it never had the perfect iv´s...

hopefully anyone knows where my problem is :)

thanks for your help
  23. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Can you tell us what seed you're trying to hit and at what time?
    Looking at the adjacent seeds might help you but you shouldn't get the nature/shiny right if you're missing your seed.
  24. timai

timai

Online with my phone at the moment so i cant give you that information right now... I will post it tomorrow :)
    i tried to look at the adjacent seeds but i couldnt figure out how those can help me...
    Well i guess i did hit my seed but i just dont get why it doesnt work with the iv's :/
  25. istore

istore

Okay, please disregard my posts.. I figured out my problem on my own after days of no luck..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)