1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. RedSpyda

RedSpyda

Are you aiming for a particular IV spread? If so then the reason you are getting different IVs is because you are not hitting your desired seed/timer0
  2. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Well, you're probably not hitting your timer0, which would explain why the natures and IVs are different. There's also the chance there're wandering NPCs in the pokemon center you are; they can also be affecting the process.
  3. jelome1989

jelome1989

It's weird because in calibrating for my parameters, I've hit my Timer0 7/10 times (1104). And now in the actual RNG I am always hitting different seeds/Timer0.
    I'm in Castelia's Pokemon Center. I am using DS Lite. I guess I just have to try again and again

EDIT:
    Ok now, I am starting to see light. I got a pair of IV spread/nature from Genesect which means I've hit my calibrated Timer0 twice in a row just now.
    I also found out that my starting frame should be 44, which RNG Reporter miscalculated to be 46. I guess I'm done experimenting. Now onto the real RNG.

EDIT2:
    Finally. I got my Genesect. Hasty 31/31/31/30/30/31
    On to my 5th badge! Yay! :D
    Thanks BTW, Cereza and RedSpyda xD
  4. RedSpyda

RedSpyda

I am attempting to RNG on white from an acekard 2i flashcard. Is there any resources that explain on how to calibrate from a flashcard?
  5. kiddu

kiddu

6. Champloo

Champloo

If I can't seem to land on my seed am I more than likely hitting a different timer0?
  7. kiddu

kiddu

8. timai

timai

THANKS to everyone who answered my question it worked perfectly :))
  9. Gajeel

Gajeel

I have a question, I RNGed a Kyurem today, but completely forgot about the release date of BW2, so my Kyurem was caught in January (when the games didn't exist). My question is, is the Pokemon considered non-legit if its met before the official game release? How does Nintendo feel about this (lets say during tournaments)
  10. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

In VGC if a spot check is performed you would be hooped. Similarly, while looking into ranging, I took note of the dates that I acquired badges in my save file. Obviously speaking, catching a Route 22 before the date of your 3rd badge is an issue.

Now, this kind of spot check would have to be really detailed and the odds that we would not be still using the banned list in VGC 2013 is slim-to-none.

... if you are talking about random Wi-Fi matches... it does not do that detailed of a check.
  11. kiddu

kiddu

Pretty sure they don't care.
  12. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Changing the date on your DS clock isn't hacking, therefore there's nothing wrong with it.
  13. Age of Kings

Age of Kings

Is there still a shiny check for Reshi/Zekrom in B/W2?
  14. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

Yes.
  15. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

I was travelling for a long time and haven't RNG'd anything until recently as a result, and just recently downloaded a version of RNG reporter with Chatot pitches. I'm a fan of the feature since it usually means I can verify a seed / starting frame without an additional capture, hatching an egg, etc.

But, I've noticed that when using the pitches as a reference, it always seems to make me think I'm two away from the frame I'm actually on. Is this normal, or am I insane?
  16. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

Curious: is anything other than chances of Shininess affected by trading an egg to another game before hatching it? (Its just a personal quirk but I would prefer to hatch everything I can on the game that I will be bringing to VGC.)
  17. dtruth

dtruth

I am recently trying to find the parameter for my DSLite since the Timer0 range on DSi was a little to much. The issue I am having is that no matter how many times I search with the original parameter settings for DSLite I am not finding anything. Is there something wrong with the range of those settings? Should I just use the DSi settings even though I am using a DSLite?
  18. TheAllyKat

TheAllyKat

If the dispute came up in a VGC tournament, it would most likely be voted in favor of your DS clock vs capturing of Pokemon to require validity.

Is anyone able to assist with RNG my Dream Radar (I am a Windows user)?
  19. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

Did you remember to change the MAC address of your DSi to the MAC address of your DSLite?
  20. religiousjedi

religiousjedi #ZELDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon

I might, but you'd have to get on #smogonwifi.
  21. dtruth

dtruth

Yeah, its the same as my DSLite, does wandering NPC affect anything? If so what is the best location to check parameters right now I'm checking at Route 22.
  22. RedSpyda

RedSpyda

hey can anyone tell me if a glan method applies to rng'ing genosect?
  23. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

it doesn't. GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature. Because Genesect is genderless, it can't have its gender locked. Use the regular wondercard method for it
  24. Tesseraction

Tesseraction

This shouldn't be possible? Every device should have a unique MAC address.
  25. dtruth

dtruth

I meant the MAC address in the search is the same as my DSLite. Sorry for the confusion.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)