5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is there any resources that explain on how to calibrate from a flashcard?
  • If you are using a flashcart, you'll be able to standard seed abuse as they do not run in DSi mode. You're technically a DS/DSlite.
    • Extend the searching range for all of the parameter sections to find your flashcart's parameters. They will be different depending on the class of SD memory you use and the flashcart and firmware itself.
    • Asking if your card runs in DSi mode does not belong here. It doesn't.

• You may still do C-Gear abuse with your DSes, however it is extremely recommended that you have a firm grasp of the material. Experience from 4th gen Delay hitting is beneficial.
    • If there is new information, this thread will be updated to contain it.

I have a question, I RNGed a Kyurem today, but completely forgot about the release date of BW2, so my Kyurem was caught in January (when the games didn't exist). My question is, is the Pokemon considered non-legit if its met before the official game release? How does Nintendo feel about this (lets say during tournaments)

I have a question, I RNGed a Kyurem today, but completely forgot about the release date of BW2, so my Kyurem was caught in January (when the games didn't exist). My question is, is the Pokemon considered non-legit if its met before the official game release? How does Nintendo feel about this (lets say during tournaments)
In VGC if a spot check is performed you would be hooped. Similarly, while looking into ranging, I took note of the dates that I acquired badges in my save file. Obviously speaking, catching a Route 22 before the date of your 3rd badge is an issue.

Now, this kind of spot check would have to be really detailed and the odds that we would not be still using the banned list in VGC 2013 is slim-to-none.

... if you are talking about random Wi-Fi matches... it does not do that detailed of a check.

Pretty sure they don't care.

I was travelling for a long time and haven't RNG'd anything until recently as a result, and just recently downloaded a version of RNG reporter with Chatot pitches. I'm a fan of the feature since it usually means I can verify a seed / starting frame without an additional capture, hatching an egg, etc.

But, I've noticed that when using the pitches as a reference, it always seems to make me think I'm two away from the frame I'm actually on. Is this normal, or am I insane?

Curious: is anything other than chances of Shininess affected by trading an egg to another game before hatching it? (Its just a personal quirk but I would prefer to hatch everything I can on the game that I will be bringing to VGC.)

I am recently trying to find the parameter for my DSLite since the Timer0 range on DSi was a little to much. The issue I am having is that no matter how many times I search with the original parameter settings for DSLite I am not finding anything. Is there something wrong with the range of those settings? Should I just use the DSi settings even though I am using a DSLite?

I am recently trying to find the parameter for my DSLite since the Timer0 range on DSi was a little to much. The issue I am having is that no matter how many times I search with the original parameter settings for DSLite I am not finding anything. Is there something wrong with the range of those settings? Should I just use the DSi settings even though I am using a DSLite?
Did you remember to change the MAC address of your DSi to the MAC address of your DSLite?

As for wandering NPCs, they don't mess with your IV frame so they shouldn't be hurting anything. It really sounds like you've input something incorrectly.

You can do parameters anywhere, really, as long as you have a reliable way of checking IVs.

If you PM Me your info and the IVs of a caught Pokemon I can try to see if I can find your parameters for you.

Curious: is anything other than chances of Shininess affected by trading an egg to another game before hatching it? (Its just a personal quirk but I would prefer to hatch everything I can on the game that I will be bringing to VGC.)
OT and ID/SID (and shininess, by extension) are determined when it hatches, everything else is determined when the egg is first received.

As for wandering NPCs, they don't mess with your IV frame so they shouldn't be hurting anything. It really sounds like you've input something incorrectly.

You can do parameters anywhere, really, as long as you have a reliable way of checking IVs.

If you PM Me your info and the IVs of a caught Pokemon I can try to see if I can find your parameters for you.
Yeah input error, happen to be hitting a second before my target....Thanks for the help.