5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Actually, your IVs do change when your Timer0 fluctuates
Not sure if I was a bit vague in my thread or if I am misunderstanding you.

Basically, I used 10F5 as my Time0 and start the game at 8:13:11 every time. Then I walked 128 steps and talked to Reshiram. The IV I obtained each time doing the above was different.

It saves you some time determining your Seed, really, do it
Is this the really long string that I obtain after doing each individual calibration?

Thank you

I try to be a bit more accurate.

Yes, the String you get is the seed you (should) enter after booting the game. The reason your IVs change is because because of the Timer0-fluctuation you may accidentaly enter another seed. There is no way to determine which seed you entered until you did the IV check so you may try to find appropiate IVs at the first frame, because in B2/W2 the Timer0 is more prone to wander around compared to B/W (I get up to four different Timer0 in B2/W2 while in B/W I get the correct one 8 of 10 times).
In your case I assume the Timer0 had been trolling you. The best thing I can come up with is to find your IVs at the 1st frame (by changing the year, don't be afraid of dates in 2035) and to try it again. You can also calibrate by doing this to determine which Timer0 you have hit. Praying may help, too.

Thanks a lot guys. It has gotten a lot better.

I now have another problem. I was trying things out and I try to get a random shiny pokemon. I can get everything right: the seed, the stat, the PIDRNG frame. All these are correct, but the pokemon is not Shiny. Is there another thing that must be done to have the shiny pokemon?

It depends on the Pokemon. Some event Pokemons and Reshiram/Zekrom cannot be shiny in B/W. I don't exactly know if it applies to the Reshiram in W2 but it probably is never shiny, too.

Edit: I've dug a bit in the thread but found out that Reshiram and Zekrom ARE always unshiny.

I dont know this is a silly question or not.but is there a shiny check on zekrom and reshiram in black 2 and white 2?
Yes, there is.

Right now, I only have B+W cartriges; I do not have HGSS. Where can I get a Chatot?
You can get one through the Dream World (Windswept Sky).

It depends on the Pokemon. Some event Pokemons and Reshiram/Zekrom cannot be shiny in B/W. I don't exactly know if it applies to the Reshiram in W2 but it probably is never shiny, too.

Edit: I've dug a bit in the thread but found out that Reshiram and Zekrom ARE always unshiny.
Yep, in both B/W and B2/W2, this applies to Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, and most all WonderCard Pokémon (I believe all English ones).

I try to be a bit more accurate.

Yes, the String you get is the seed you (should) enter after booting the game. The reason your IVs change is because because of the Timer0-fluctuation you may accidentaly enter another seed. There is no way to determine which seed you entered until you did the IV check so you may try to find appropiate IVs at the first frame, because in B2/W2 the Timer0 is more prone to wander around compared to B/W (I get up to four different Timer0 in B2/W2 while in B/W I get the correct one 8 of 10 times).
In your case I assume the Timer0 had been trolling you. The best thing I can come up with is to find your IVs at the 1st frame (by changing the year, don't be afraid of dates in 2035) and to try it again. You can also calibrate by doing this to determine which Timer0 you have hit. Praying may help, too.
Thank you. I understand now. Basically I am just hitting different Time0's, so while I have been getting different IV combinations, I will ultimately end up with 1-2 different sets that happen more frequently than others. I have been able to finally capture a perfect Reshiram, but then a new question rises.

Numerous guides mention that Synchorizers can adjust nature to my liking, but out of the 10 times I've caught a perfect Reshiram, the nature has remain unaltered. While this is indeed possible, the chances of this happening is rather low (1/1024). I also noticed that the desired trait (let's say Modest in this case), only one specific combination has been receiving it so it may just be the default nature of that set. So am I doing something wrong with the Synchronizer, or am I just unlucky in this perspective?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You are not advancing the pid frame. Copy the seed in the main page of the reporter, select gen 5 pid rng, stationary, the nature of your syncronizer and then click on calculate initial PId frame. Click generate. You will notice how the first frame that appears will have the nature that you have been getting. Anyways, scroll down until you see a frame that has the nature you desire. Use the formula Target frame - Initial PID frame to find how many times you need to advance the frames. If you have a chottot with you, record a chatter. Every time you look at his summary the frame will advance by one. If you don't, saving also advances the frame by one.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yep, in both B/W and B2/W2, this applies to Reshiram, Zekrom, Victini, and most all WonderCard Pokémon (I believe all English ones).
It applies to every single Wondercard except the Japanese Kyushu events (which don't have a shiny lock), or set shiny Wondercards.

My turn now: Is there a way to search for IV spreads over more than just one year? Like letting the RNG Reporter run over hundred or so years while I do something unrelated in the meantime?

Hi all, I'm doing entralink RNG in Pokémon White but i have a question, i can hit my delay using hard-resets or soft-resets, but for some reason I'm much more consistent with the soft-resets is there a reason for that? I was able to catch a pokémon using the two ways so I'm sure I'm not the problem.

Thanks in advance.

NOTE: Retail Cart users as well as those of you with flashcarts that support soft-resetting might find it better to soft-reset to start the game instead of pressing A at the main menu at the end of the first timer. For whatever reason hard resets make your delays more erratic. Unfortunately for some it is the only way to start the game.
That may answer your question. It's more a case of experience rather than proof.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
My turn now: Is there a way to search for IV spreads over more than just one year? Like letting the RNG Reporter run over hundred or so years while I do something unrelated in the meantime?
I believe PPRNG supports that, but it's not possible with Reporter.

Is it possible to use the Researcher feature to do Unova Link calibration, similar to how it can be used for Dream Radar abuse (via RNGer Aaron's guide)?

I was really hoping to be able to use the Unova Link calibration feature soon, and don't have a Mac.

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus
Is 1 the starting IV frame for Pokés in the Entralink? Does walking to the forest advance the IV frame?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
To answer your other question, walking in the forest can advance the frame if you trip the step counter. If that happens, just walk a bit to trip it and then re-save (or search for another seed on the advanced frame instead).

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
To answer your other question, walking in the forest can advance the frame if you trip the step counter. If that happens, just walk a bit to trip it and then re-save (or search for another seed on the advanced frame instead).
I had to do that quite a lot of times on BW1 =( Thankfully, this time that isn't the case.

How do I go about abusing natures?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
I had to do that quite a lot of times on BW1 =( Thankfully, this time that isn't the case.

How do I go about abusing natures?
For the natures, its recommended to do the same walking/running pattern before going inside the clearing. Usually you'll end up at approx. 12-15 frames from the corresponding frame of the time you hit the A button to start catching the mon.

If you didn't hit the nature, adjust accordingly...

RockinX

is a Contributor Alumnus
That's what I've been doing, but I think the frame advances too much, so I fail to see which one I actually hit. I'll keep trying, though.

That's what I've been doing, but I think the frame advances too much, so I fail to see which one I actually hit. I'll keep trying, though.
For the natures, I use the custom tab in EonTimer. I just input the delay in milliseconds dictated by RNGReporter's Main Window (Method: Gen 5 PIDRNG, Encounter Type: Entralink). it takes a little bit of trial and error, but you can usually narrow down the times for hitting your desired nature frame.

Is it possible to use the Researcher feature to do Unova Link calibration, similar to how it can be used for Dream Radar abuse (via RNGer Aaron's guide)?

I was really hoping to be able to use the Unova Link calibration feature soon, and don't have a Mac.
The problem is that the researcher is used in this way to predict the spinner positions from a given seed, whereas calibrating for parameters would require being able to determine the seed hit from the spinner positions, and so I don't think that it is reasonably doable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 26)