1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

did you click on search?
  2. rbedsole

rbedsole

yes nothing happened
  3. Onicon

Onicon

Have you actually found a value? Try the seconds around the the second you are aiming for. I for example always press the buttons too early, resulting in my actual seconds being one below the timer settings (Target second 20, the actual second I am hitting is 19).

Also: Does anyone know how I can search for seeds over hundreds of years? I don't like to enter the year every time.
  4. rbedsole

rbedsole

thnx tried it again and luckily got it on the first shot
  5. rbedsole

rbedsole

is it possible if i find my ds parameters using black to use those same parameters to rng a shiny starter on white
  6. RNGer Aaron

RNGer Aaron

No, parameters found during calibration can only be used for the same combination of specific console and game cartridge.
  7. rbedsole

rbedsole

so there's no way to rng a shiny starter without having got the parameters before you restart
  8. Cereza

Cereza Tastes Like Candy

Right
  9. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

If I perform a system update on my 3DS XL (currently running version 4.1.0-8U), is there any chance that my B2/W2 parameters for that system will change?
  10. Gahagan

Gahagan

New page.
  11. Slashmolder

Slashmolder 'Ello Governor
    is a Programmer Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Start a new game and calibrate. Then delete your file and start over for the shiny starter.

I guess it's possible but I've never seen it so I doubt it will.

Finding the initial frame isn't really unnecessary because RNG Reporter's calculations of initial frames are 100% accurate. Just find a seed and start trying to hit it. When you miss it means you're on the wrong timer0 or counted incorrectly for advances.
  12. Luebot

Luebot

Hello, I am a first time poster although I've been using Smogon for years now. I started RNGing on B2 yesterday and already have a flawless/shiny Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Azelf, and Mesprit. The Cobalion was the trickiest one so far, the WNPC advanced the frame by 9. Is that normal? My main question is to those that have successfully RNG'd Uxie, how many frames did the WNPCs advance?
  13. Champloo

Champloo

The Zorua given to you by one of the Sages would be considered stationary or gift?

Also is it able to be shiny, and I'm assuming the Scraggy running in circles will be a pain in my side when doing the PIDRNG frame advances?
  14. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

NPC advancements are different for every person, because it depends on their position when you last saved and also what seed you're using. When I did Uxie they advanced around 20 frames IIRC, but you'll have to figure out the exact number for your own setup.
    N's Zorua? It's always 30/30/30/30/30/30 Hasty, and the ID/SID/PID are also static so it can't be shiny either.

However, anything that a NPC gives you that can be RNG'd would be a gift, it's only a stationary if you battle it.
  15. Champloo

Champloo

Um not sure it's the one given to you by one of the seven sages in Driftveil City, it might be N's Zorua. I might have missed that detail since I tend to button mash A while talking with NPC's lol story line is never relevant to me. But if that IS N's Zorua, that sucks.

Good to know on the whole gift/stationary distinguishing factor.
  16. Agonist

Agonist Minutes become hours when you wait, hope and regret
    is a Forum Moderator

Voodoo already covered the Zorua part, bu for future reference, anything that moves in a set pattern doesn't advance the PIDRNG. Generally it's a good idea to check out where you're RNGing to see if there is anyone that moves in an unpredictable pattern, and if so, then they'll advance the PIDRNG.
  17. Champloo

Champloo

Ah! I was under the impression that anything that moved advanced it. So anything like trainers that move in a set pattern like the ones that walk up and down and turn won't advance it. Good to know. Thanks for that.
  18. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

In RNG Reporter, is the "All Encounters Shiny" Encounter type for the Shiny Haxorus in the Nature Preserve? If not, what is it used for?
  19. masterbreeder

masterbreeder

That isn't entirely true. While Starly does not have a DW Ability, if you hit the right frame when you get the egg (and fulfilled all necessary requirements to breed a DW ability onto it), it will evolve into a Staravia with the ability Reckless.
  20. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Indeed - note the (DW) after the ability. It may not have a different ability, but the flag is still set for when it evolves.
  21. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

Can I accurately get my parameters by IVs in B2/W2 if I have no save file, I start a new game, then check a Pokémon's stats/IVs without ever saving and restarting (assuming I inputted the right date/time at which I loaded the game from the 3DS XL's menu), or do I need to have a preexisting save file for it to work correctly? I want to RNG my ID/SID but don't want to lose my Genesect WonderCard by creating and deleting a save file.
  22. Psiiionic

Psiiionic

I have White2, doing stationary abuse for Reshiram, using synchronizer, getting the correct IVs but not correct nature, I am doing frame advancements also- with the Chatot, can the seed be glitched? And the nature I am getting is nowhere on the RNG reporter PIDRNG list lol.
  23. kiddu

kiddu

Have you considered starting a save, getting your parameters off it, RNGing the Genesect on that save, then temporarily trading Genesect to another game (yours or a friend's) while you delete the save and RNG your IDs?
  24. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

I know that would be a relatively easy solution, but I'd rather not do that because I am not sure how I want to RNG the Genesect yet, and I also like to collect/save the actual WonderCards (until I run out of space).

Can I do what I am planning on doing, or do I need a pre-existing save file in order to accurately get my parameters via IVs?
  25. Onicon

Onicon

May you give us the seed you have hit, the nature you are looking for and the nature you have got? That probably would make the toubleshooting a bit easier.

The only thing I can think of is the starting frame being wrong is that the starting frame was shifted. It usually should not happen unless there are random moving NPCs in this area (there aren't any). Then again, the nature at hand should be in the list when you generate it. Unless you somehow got trolled by the Timer0, which can cause you hitting another seed, but in that case the IVs would change. Are you sure that you hit the correct seed and that the IVs are always the same?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)