5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Don't know if someone can help with this, but i would really appreciate.
So, i'm trying to rng shiny stationary (Uxie in this case) but i cant get the shinie, i get the I'vs like i desire but no shiny.
So, imagine i get the starting frame of 55, and the shiny frame is 72, i have to use the chatots to advance 17 frames right? I'm doing this but still no shiny.
Don't know what i'm doing wrong, but can anyone help?

Been ages since I RNGed and I have a few questions

Is it possible to RNG with a DSTWO on a DS Lite for BW2 yet?
What about on a DSi or 3DS? (for both BW and BW2)?
It's possible in both.
It may change in the time you start your game, I think for DS phat and DS lite it's one second, and DSi or 3DS 8 or 7 seconds, I don't remember.

If you check the 'Memory Link Used' option in your settings, you will find that it works correctly. This means that either you have done a Memory Link before, or you belong to the group of people whose cartridges behave as if they have done a Memory Link even when they haven't (at least when doing the Unova Link spins). I don't know what causes this behavior, unfortunately.
:O!!!!!
You mean I need to check "Memory Link Used" option for the Unova Link Spins Parameters finder to get my "common" parameters??
I did this:

Then I got a result in the range of my "original" timer0:

These are other images:
with memory link:

no memory link:

If this is the problem, will I need to check the "Memory Link Used" option for RNG without problems? Also for RNG reporter this will be the case? just if I want to search my parameters using the IVs for a captured pokemon (also for RNG, :P)
Thanks!

Don't know if someone can help with this, but i would really appreciate.
So, i'm trying to rng shiny stationary (Uxie in this case) but i cant get the shinie, i get the I'vs like i desire but no shiny.
So, imagine i get the starting frame of 55, and the shiny frame is 72, i have to use the chatots to advance 17 frames right? I'm doing this but still no shiny.
Don't know what i'm doing wrong, but can anyone help?
Sometimes it's not exactly x - x = x amount of chatot cries.
Everytime I RNG a stationary legendary, I have to subtract x amount of chatots (usually 3 for me).
So to solve this, just catch him without doing any chatots, and compare what you got in the Gen 5 PIDRNG tab in the main window of RNG reporter. You might be starting at frame 56 or 57, so all you have to do is adjust accordingly. :)

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I was following the Pokemon BW TID/ SID RNG Abuse Guide by Princess of Johto. Apparently, wild works for most types of RNG.
Wild works for many situations but not for starters, regardless of what PoJ's guide says.

:O!!!!!
You mean I need to check "Memory Link Used" option for the Unova Link Spins Parameters finder to get my "common" parameters??

If this is the problem, will I need to check the "Memory Link Used" option for RNG without problems? Also for RNG reporter this will be the case? just if I want to search my parameters using the IVs for a captured pokemon (also for RNG, :P)
Thanks!
What I meant is, in your case, you have to have the Memory Link Used option checked in order to use the Unova Link spinner calibration. That could either be because you have done a memory link, or because of some reason we don't know that causes this behavior. Regardless, calibration using the Unova Link spinner and Dream Radar RNG won't work correctly for you unless you check that box in your configuration.

As to whether it is necessary for other types of RNG, you will have to find that out yourself. I would start with the option checked, though.

Convenient question: What does the "Memory Link" checkbox (RNG Reporter) exactly do? It seems like in most cases it does nothing.

Convenient question: What does the "Memory Link" checkbox (RNG Reporter) exactly do? It seems like in most cases it does nothing.
As far as I know, it advances your initial frame, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it advances it by 2 or whatever. So basically, you have to tell the program that you used the Memory Link if you did so.

[...]Also isn't there like 1 roaming npc in the fossil place? So would i just fast click like i would when RNG breeding?
At the moment I can't check that, but if there is a moving NPC, that's basically what you have to do. Probably you have to stop chatting one frame earlier, like you maybe already do when breeding. And if it's a wandering NPC, just hope that it doesn't move before you talk to the NPC with the fossil Pokémon.
As soon as you press A to get the message "Player recieved XYZ", the RNG generates your Pokémon (in case you wanted to ask that, too).

What I meant is, in your case, you have to have the Memory Link Used option checked in order to use the Unova Link spinner calibration. That could either be because you have done a memory link, or because of some reason we don't know that causes this behavior. Regardless, calibration using the Unova Link spinner and Dream Radar RNG won't work correctly for you unless you check that box in your configuration.

As to whether it is necessary for other types of RNG, you will have to find that out yourself. I would start with the option checked, though.
I didn't mention this, but I trade some pokemons from my White version, so...
Could this be considered as a "Memory Link Used"?
Anyway, I would check and uncheck this option when I RNG.

I didn't mention this, but I trade some pokemons from my White version, so...
Could this be considered as a "Memory Link Used"?
Anyway, I would check and uncheck this option when I RNG.
Just doing a normal trade doesn't count as a memory link. The memory link is a feature on it's own.

6FD43B10 comes from the same source as the PID in frame 78 in your screenshot (EFD43B82). The difference is because DR Therian PIDs are not wild PIDs. They are generated the same was as PIDs generated for Entralink mons.
Again, it is on that seed (frame 76).
Makes sense. Figured it was something simple

What happened is that you were targetting a PID frame that you can't hit. The spinner advances the PID frame by 2 each time.
I know about the advancements, but according to the guide, the PID frame is initial frame +7. So, with 18 advancements to get to the IV frame (9 spinner activations), it should be 25 frames total advanced, landing on frame 80. Unless I'm miscounting or doing something wrong

Thanks again
-PsyJ

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So I have to refresh my mind a bit. Also read that the Timer0 varies much more in BW2 than in BW.

Just tried to find my parameters, got these results (White2)

VCount Timer0
82 10F3
8D 10F6

82 10F3

82 10F4

82 10F5

82 10F4

Pretty sure the VCount is 82, but what about the Timer0? Shall I search for seed from Timer0 10F3 to 10F6?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I know about the advancements, but according to the guide, the PID frame is initial frame +7. So, with 18 advancements to get to the IV frame (9 spinner activations), it should be 25 frames total advanced, landing on frame 80. Unless I'm miscounting or doing something wrong
I don't have a link to the guide, but I assume it's using Wild Encounter frames.

Either way, the number of initial advancements depends on whether you've done a Memory Link or not. If you have (or if you have a cartridge that behaves as if you have), then initial frame + 6 gets you the nature when looking at Wild Encounter frames for the genies (with the PID coming from initial frame + 3). If you haven't done a Memory Link, then it's initial frame + 7 for nature.

Buckert

Ok, here's another White2 question. I've checked the 'Black White 2?' box in the main screen.

I'm trying to abuse Reshiram, but I'm facing a few problems. This is the seed I'm aiming for: F8CBF1CEAEA55DF7. IV's will be flawless. It's Timer0 is 10F4. Starting frame is 53, and 1 chatter gives me a Hasty nature, which I need. The original frame of the seed is 208.

1. In Time Finder, I need to pick IVs Standard Seed, right?
2. In the main screen, I need to pick Gen 5 PIDRNG, right?
3. When hitting this Timer0, the IV's should be correct, right?
4. If I advance to another frame using chatter, that shouldn't infect the IV's, right?
5. Just got the 10F4 Timer0, checked it with DS Parameter finder. But, the IV's weren't flawless. What did I do wrong?

Buckert

Yeah but I checked the Timer0 I got, which was the one I should have. Never had the right IV's yet.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Then the next question is what do you mean by "the original frame of the seed is 208?" "Starting frame is 53" I assume means initial PID frame and you say one Chatot Chatter will advance it to your intended nature, so...

I don't have a link to the guide, but I assume it's using Wild Encounter frames.

Either way, the number of initial advancements depends on whether you've done a Memory Link or not. If you have (or if you have a cartridge that behaves as if you have), then initial frame + 6 gets you the nature when looking at Wild Encounter frames for the genies (with the PID coming from initial frame + 3). If you haven't done a Memory Link, then it's initial frame + 7 for nature.
Memory link is what threw me off then. Now I know not to make a mistake on White2. Thank you

-PsyJ

Buckert

Then the next question is what do you mean by "the original frame of the seed is 208?" "Starting frame is 53" I assume means initial PID frame and you say one Chatot Chatter will advance it to your intended nature, so...
That doesn't have to do anything with the IV's..

Starting frame = initial PID frame, so yeah.

Question is, if my seed's Timer0 is 10F4, and I'm hitting 10F4, the IV's should be correct, right?

So I have to refresh my mind a bit. Also read that the Timer0 varies much more in BW2 than in BW.

Just tried to find my parameters, got these results (White2)

VCount Timer0
82 10F3
8D 10F6

82 10F3

82 10F4

82 10F5

82 10F4

Pretty sure the VCount is 82, but what about the Timer0? Shall I search for seed from Timer0 10F3 to 10F6?
Exactly, this are the Timer0 variables that you most likely hit. Searching for a timer0 range gives you more possible results. Also keep in mind that you can hit the right target time, but the timer0 is wrong, so don't get disappointed if it takes some time to hit the desired seed, just keep trying.

Ok, here's another White2 question. I've checked the 'Black White 2?' box in the main screen.

I'm trying to abuse Reshiram, but I'm facing a few problems. This is the seed I'm aiming for: F8CBF1CEAEA55DF7. IV's will be flawless. It's Timer0 is 10F4. Starting frame is 53, and 1 chatter gives me a Hasty nature, which I need. The original frame of the seed is 208.

1. In Time Finder, I need to pick IVs Standard Seed, right?
2. In the main screen, I need to pick Gen 5 PIDRNG, right?
3. When hitting this Timer0, the IV's should be correct, right?
4. If I advance to another frame using chatter, that shouldn't infect the IV's, right?
5. Just got the 10F4 Timer0, checked it with DS Parameter finder. But, the IV's weren't flawless. What did I do wrong?
To your questions:
1. Right
2. Right
3. Right
4. Right

I checked your seed and now I understand that two frames. 208 is the target IV frame and 53 is the initial PID frame. Maybe you should search for a target time that makes you get a seed with flawless IVs on IV frame 1, such a high IV frame just makes you mess it up. If you go for IV frame 1, you only have to advance the PID frame, where you make less mistakes.
Remember, every 128 steps you make advance the IV frame by the number of team members, that means that you must walk 8832 steps having 3 Pokés in your team. In my opinion, this is too much work which also increases the possibility of miscounting and in times where you can hit multiple timer0 variables, you can search for better results.

If you want, you can give me your calibreation via PM and I search some seeds for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)