5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hi guys it's been a while since I've posted here. Anyway, I thought I would have a go at RNGing the event Zoroark. I found a legit unused Gamestop Raikou and I'm currently saved outside the forrest with my chatot's. I was just wondering if I should treat the Zoroark as an ordinary event or what? And where is the best place to save the game for this?
That Zoroark is RNG-able, but it cannot be shiny. Save 1 step before the encounter with the lady. Make sure to battle the NPCs in the area to stop them from wandering first (I KNOW there are trainers there in BW2, I can't remember if they're any in BW1)

That Zoroark is RNG-able, but it cannot be shiny. Save 1 step before the encounter with the lady. Make sure to battle the NPCs in the area to stop them from wandering first (I KNOW there are trainers there in BW2, I can't remember if they're any in BW1)
Yeah I already knew about the shiny check which is a shame cos shiny Zoroark is pretty cool looking.

Just one more thing, is Zoroark a wondercard or GLAN wondercard event? What's the difference?

Thanks for you help.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I already knew about the shiny check which is a shame cos shiny Zoroark is pretty cool looking.

Just one more thing, is Zoroark a wondercard or GLAN wondercard event? What's the difference?

Thanks for you help.
Wondercard only applies to Pokémon given to you directly by the delivery man. Lostlorn Forest Zoroark is a stationary.

GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature, and applies to an event where the gender is locked to either male or female (not genderless, but oddly it seems to apply to single-gender species like the genies) but the nature can be anything. Regular wondercard is for anything else, including events where both the gender and nature are locked (just ignore both when you do the search).

Wondercard only applies to Pokémon given to you directly by the delivery man. Lostlorn Forest Zoroark is a stationary.

GLAN stands for Gender Locked Any Nature, and applies to an event where the gender is locked to either male or female (not genderless, but oddly it seems to apply to single-gender species like the genies) but the nature can be anything. Regular wondercard is for anything else, including events where both the gender and nature are locked (just ignore both when you do the search).
Cool it should be fairly easy to RNG then, thanks.

So can they be RNGed or not? If yes, how?
You need to save at a pokemon center in which there are no WNPC's. The pokemon centers at the Pokemon League and at Castelia City have no WNPC's for BW1 and BW2, respectively. Choose Wondercard as the Method over GLAN because Meloetta is genderless. The IV's are based off the PIDRNG unlike wild or stationary pokemon. Input desired IV's/nature, set the Min/Max number of advances and search for seeds. You can advance the frame by using chatters. Talking to the delivery man also advances the frame, in most cases.

Talking to the delivery man advances the frame by 1.

You need to save at a pokemon center in which there are no WNPC's. The pokemon centers at the Pokemon League and at Castelia City have no WNPC's for BW1 and BW2, respectively. Choose Wondercard as the Method over GLAN because Meloetta is genderless. The IV's are based off the PIDRNG unlike wild or stationary pokemon. Input desired IV's/nature, set the Min/Max number of advances and search for seeds. You can advance the frame by using chatters. Talking to the delivery man also advances the frame, in most cases.

Talking to the delivery man advances the frame by 1.
Thanks for the quick answer. I´m not sure if I completely understood you so could you tell me if those steps are correct when rnging that specific event meloetta (Im using Pokemon black 1 if it helps)?

1) 5th Gen Time Finder-> Capture -> Method: Wondercard
2) Type in the desired IVs and nature and tick the box "Shiny only" for shiny results
3) Min/max Advances lets say from 0 to 150 (Do those advances refer to the PIDRNG Frame or the other Frame which is increased when walking 128 steps etc. ?)
4)When I get a result, go back to the main window of RNG reporter -> Method "Wondercard (5th Gen)", then paste the seed and hit "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame". The number of required chatters will be (Target Frame - Initial PIDRNG Frame - 1) since talking to the delivery man advances the frame by 1.

Are those steps correct? A problem I faced was that after hitting generate in the main window, there´s no extra column which indicates shininess? Does it mean wondercard Pokemon can´t be shiny?

1) Fine.
2) Remember that almost every Wondercard Pokemon is unable to be shiny. An exception is the so-called "Strongest Pikachu".
3) PIDRNG Frame; the program assumes the very first IV frame.
4) Yeah.

Feel free to ask when you encoutner any problems.

hey guys,

bearing in mind the random walks at the egg route, how would you suggest going about rnging eggs to accomodate? i remember trying a year ago - before giving up - and finding it impossible.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
hey guys,

bearing in mind the random walks at the egg route, how would you suggest going about rnging eggs to accomodate? i remember trying a year ago - before giving up - and finding it impossible.
Exactly what are you asking?

We have a bit trouble figuring out what you actually want. Let's guess:

You want to find out on which frame you are when you enter the game at the Day Care? Use the Chatots' custom cries; the results at the main screen gives you an idea how high or low the pitch of the Chatots' cries are. Once you have realized a pattern you will know on which PID frame you are.

Legislation? Really?

Agonist

how do you legislate for the random walks advancing the PID?
You mean how do you figure out how many frames WNPCs advance the PID frame? Take the egg without doing any chatters, and hatch it, and see what frame it matches up to, then reset without saving, and repeat the process, only this time doing the target frame - frame you got from hatching the egg as chatters.

yes. to legislate. a turn of phrase equivalent to 'to plan'.

You mean how do you figure out how many frames WNPCs advance the PID frame? Take the egg without doing any chatters, and hatch it, and see what frame it matches up to, then reset without saving, and repeat the process, only this time doing the target frame - frame you got from hatching the egg as chatters.
appreciated. so the 'random' walks are the same if the seed is the same? e.g. if a walks advance the PID by 3 when you start the seed at x time then they will always advance the PID by 3 when you start the seed at x time?

Agonist

It's worth noting that advancing the PIDRNG can cause them to move differently than if you hadn't, but with egg abuse, you should be able to exit out of your menu, and talk to the day-care man without them moving.

Eyedol

the artist formerly known as xAtrocity
Something advances the PIDRNG in Kyurem's room in B/W2. Based on your picture, I'd guess that with 52 advances that you got the result from frame 98. Try 48 advances and see where that gets you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 27)