5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm still not getting my ivs to show up on the RNG reporter for entralink rng when I use the search function. I did get one to match but it put my EL Calibration to 999. I'm RNGing on a 3DS...

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Wait, I thought that every time you saved, the frame advanced by 1?
It will, but the NPCs can move in between each save so you have no way to track your current frame. It'd be better to not save at all, so that the NPCs do the same movements every time.

So, is there anyway to track all the frame jumps from the npc's, or, since I am in a town, are there too many of them too spread out and I will just have to sit and wait for varying amounts of time?

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Chatots are the only way to reliably keep track of NPC advancements.
Don't try waiting for them to advance, since it's unreliable that way.

Thanks for the tip, but that won't work for me, seeing as I am trying to rng a starter. What I was trying to ask was how are npc movements are put into frame advancement, is it the npc's that are loaded, or is it only the ones on screen?

Thanks for the tip, but that won't work for me, seeing as I am trying to rng a starter. What I was trying to ask was how are npc movements are put into frame advancement, is it the npc's that are loaded, or is it only the ones on screen?
I take it you're RNGing a starter in BW2? In BW1, there weren't any NPCs that messed with your advancements.

I take it you're RNGing a starter in BW2? In BW1, there weren't any NPCs that messed with your advancements.

Hitting the shiny frame isn't that hard, I've succeeded in getting a shiny starter for both Black and Black 2.

Hi guys, what method is N's Zorua in Black 2 and can it be shiny?

To answer your question:

It takes into account all WNPCs on the map, not just the ones you can see on your screen. There are five or six in the area, IIRC, and all together they will advance your PID Frame at the rate of roughly 1 per second. Hope this helps. Here's a link to a similar helpful post on r/pokemonrng: http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonrng/comments/1cb4wn/looking_for_a_good_teacher_im_a_noob_hoping_to/

I would like to RNG Cresselia in Black 2 on Marvelous Bridge. A couple basic questions:

1. There aren't any WNPCs in the area, right? I didn't see any...
2. Is the nature and IV spread set when I first raise the Lunar Wing? Or when I actually talk to it? I'm guessing the latter but would like to be sure.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I would like to RNG Cresselia in Black 2 on Marvelous Bridge. A couple basic questions:

1. There aren't any WNPCs in the area, right? I didn't see any...
2. Is the nature and IV spread set when I first raise the Lunar Wing? Or when I actually talk to it? I'm guessing the latter but would like to be sure.
No NPCs, and the stats are set when you talk to it.

I'm using the latest version and trying to RNG on my new game. I'm doing a Wondercard RNG for English White Version 2.
I set up a new profile and did the calibration, but I don't know my IDs since I can't connect my system to Pokecheck. So I just set the IDs to 0/0. IIRC, you don't need your IDs to RNG at all unless you are going for a shiny, right?

I was wondering b/c I'm not finding any results, and maybe the bogus ID combo I put in is affecting it?

As you said ID/SID only affect when you're looking for Shiny seeds. If you don't get any results you can try change the year you are searching (and choose all the month at once, the searches are faster now).

If you still don't find any seed, you can try to use your second more common Timer0 you may be lucky and found the spreed you are looking.

(another option is to add key presses to the search, but imo this are slower search)

Also is there a list somewhere which shows all the WNPC locations in B2? cos them and timer0 are really starting to get on my nerves.

I decided to give up on rnging a growlithe -rain and WNPC are bad enough without the silly thing using roar. I think I might try and get a drilbur though, but I'm not really sure how to go about getting one.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
(another option is to add key presses to the search, but imo this are slower search)
The reason it is slower is because it is searching more seeds, and therefore will find more results. There's not much benefit to a search that ends quicker but finds nothing.

Anyone have a clue why every time I attempt to find my DS parameters, RNG Reporter "encounters a problem" and needs to close?

I'm using version 9.96.5 on Windows 8.

If not, would someone please be so kind as to do a parameter search for me?
MAC address: 001CBE53D829, White 2, DS Lite
24-25/10-11/31/15-16/0-1/3-5
May 19, 2013 18:50:00

Edit: Found the problem, I didn't select a language.

This is what I got, but don't think this would be helpful since with BW2 games you need to calibrate at least 30 times due to the wide range of Timer0's you can get.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)