5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

timer0 is one of the parameters you found when calibrating. In B/W2 timer0 varies a lot, you can be hitting your time just fine but is missing your timer0 and no, there is no way to control your timer0. Just need to keep trying....

(the timer0 is needed in the seeding of your game, you can start your game the right time but the timer0 that seed your game may be another than the one you used to search for your seed)

(when you calibrated your game, you found several timer0's and was suggested to use the more common for you)
That does not answer my question at all.

Maybe I won't ever get a better explanation of timer0 than "a magic variable that you have no control over, good luck", but can you at least answer
Does that mean my game was not started at the right time that I set the clock to, and I just need to keep trying with the same time settings? Or do I need to find a different seed?

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
....that's literally what it is.

Keep trying with the same time settings and you'll eventually hit it. Or recalibrate to see which values you get semi-consistently.
Depending on the type of DS you have, you'll get either more or less timer0's for BW2. And like Age of Kings said, recalibrating to find which you hit the most is very useful, that way you can use one of those timer0's, and get results more consistently.

Goomy pls said:
Does that mean my game was not started at the right time that I set the clock to, and I just need to keep trying with the same time settings?
Sidfrid said:
you can be hitting your time just fine but is missing your timer0
Goomy pls said:
Or do I need to find a different seed?
Sidfrid said:
Just need to keep trying....
I, sure, answered that questions n_n

That does not answer my question at all.

Maybe I won't ever get a better explanation of timer0 than "a magic variable that you have no control over, good luck", but can you at least answer
True I din't answer this question BUT I told where to ask if you want a more technical answer.

Last edited:
Do you guys think that there might be an issue with my seed? The reason why I'm skeptical that that might be the case is because I seem to be having a similar problem with multiple seeds.

hi, trying to get a shiny swarm pokemon in black 2
found some seeds with nearby shiny frames in time finder encounter type wild pokemon(swarm)
however, on the main RNG reporter window the shiny frame of the seeds found doesn't appear shiny and the natures are different too (encounter type is also set to wild pokemon(swarm), BW2? box checked, correct TID and SID)
i triple checked the setup, but is there anything i missed?

So I hit my intended IV seed and PID frame, I know this because there are no other nearby frames with the same IV spread and nature/gender; however, the ability is not correct. Has anyone had experience with this/have any advice? I've been timer0 trolled for too many attempts to retry everything without knowing what caused this problem. Since the whole point of this is that is isn't random, I assume that if I were to try this same seed and PID frame again I would get the same results. Should I just try a different seed?

So I hit my intended IV seed and PID frame, I know this because there are no other nearby frames with the same IV spread and nature/gender; however, the ability is not correct. Has anyone had experience with this/have any advice? I've been timer0 trolled for too many attempts to retry everything without knowing what caused this problem. Since the whole point of this is that is isn't random, I assume that if I were to try this same seed and PID frame again I would get the same results. Should I just try a different seed?
Can you post a pic? with a pic we can be more helpful. Also, in worst case scenario (when neither you or us have an idea of what is going on) you can try a new seed. From my experience there are frames that you cannot simple hit....

Can you post a pic? with a pic we can be more helpful. Also, in worst case scenario (when neither you or us have an idea of what is going on) you can try a new seed. From my experience there are frames that you cannot simple hit....
Everything in one pic. Hope it helps. Two things not in the picture: The resulting Haxorus (50/50 gender ratio) was female, and I was attempting PID frame 94.
HaxorusRNG.jpg

1- On time finder: you have the encounter type set to Gift Pokemon
2- you haven't do Memory link? 'coz you have the box uncheked
3- Better go back and get an Adamant synchronizer from pokecheck, you will have a lot more frames to choose from.

This Haxorus gave me headbaches, literaly took me 15 days to get the desired one. I was aming to a high frame but then got pissed and tried a low one. With the Adamant synchronizer you can have a few more frames to try out. Come back at us if you still are having problems :)

I'll grab the adamant synch and try again. I had it set to gift pokemon because I was looking at a different thing and forgot to set it back before taking the screenshot, my bad. It was set to stationary. And nope, no memory link.

Edit: 6 attempts later and he's mine. Thanks for the help. :)

Last edited:
I have been trying to RNG a Bold Nature Cresselia in White 2. I am able to hit the IV seed and have a Bold Synchronize Abra, but I keep getting a Serious nature Cresselia. Am I just really unlucky with Synchronize?

Edit: Tried another seed and got it on my first try. I guess I was unlucky with the previous seed.

Last edited:
I'm in an odd predicament I can't figure out for the life of me. For starters, here's what I'm working with:

I'm trying to obtain a Timid shiny Riolu on frame 384. I can easily hit the seed, but I can't tell how far I have to advance. The area is Floccesy Ranch with WNCPs, and oddly enough I can hit a desired test frame every time with consistent results. What I can't do is figure out the starting frame... I have hit a Quiet Azurill without advancing the frame, a Gentle Pidove with 4 chatters and a female Impish Mareep with 5 chatters - all on the desired seed. This doesn't seem to match up with anything, so what am I missing?

Quick question, Thundurus is going to be my very first Pokemon for RNG'ing. How hard do you guys think it will be for me? I'd ask if I can practice on anything before it but as I've said before, I've already saved after the old lady told me her story (still in the house).

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Quick question, Thundurus is going to be my very first Pokemon for RNG'ing. How hard do you guys think it will be for me? I'd ask if I can practice on anything before it but as I've said before, I've already saved after the old lady told me her story (still in the house).
All you need to do is hit your IV spread (which you go about like any wild Pokemon, just select roamer method), then catch it. Just keep repeating that until you get a nature you like.

Hey! How to RNG No shiny check wonder card? like SMR2012 Pikachu? should I use Wondercard method? Then Check shiny?

Hey! How to RNG No shiny check wonder card? like SMR2012 Pikachu? should I use Wondercard method? Then Check shiny?
It's been a few months, but I'm pretty sure that's what I did. Just make sure you're not using your ID/SID in the profile. It goes by the event's ID/SID. So, 07012/00000 if it's the one I'm looking at on project pokemon's event database.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)