5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I'm on Route 15 in Pokemon White trying for a Kangaskhan. I hit the correct IV's but my PID info is all wrong, not what I expect at all. There are 5 NPC's in the area, I believe. 2 of them stand still, 2 of them turn randomly, and 1 of them has a predictable path. I know the ones that turn randomly are advancing my PID frames, but do the ones standing still + the predictable path NPC advance my frames? If I fight one of the NPC's that turns randomly, and she stops turning because we had a battle and only faces the 1 direction, will she stop advancing my PID frames?

Yes there is one NPC IIRC, and it is doing the screw-ups on the advances, so doing IV advances isn't recommended.
Just do the PID advances, not the IVs.... easier that way ;)
Ugh. And here I was hoping I wouldn't have to mess with PID.

Well whatever. Is there some guide for Latias PIDRNG? The video guides are both B/W only. Is there something different with Latias that I need to be aware of?

Did you take the time carefully? are you using a stopwatcher or the Eon Timer to do so? In my experience you don't get any results is your time is a little off. Try Calibrating again using the Eon timer to hit your second.
Hey I just wanted to clarify a bit on this. I'm currently using Eon Timer. In the target seconds, I inputted 52 seconds. The time I put into the 3DS game clock is one full minute before the time I put into the RNGReporter so I'm guessing 52 is the target seconds accounting for the 8 second 3DS delay. Is that the correct way to do it or is there something wrong?

To RNG Latias in Pokemon White 2, I will click Time Finder, 5th Generation Time Finder.
Then I will choose IVs (Standard Seed) in the Method box and Stationary Pokemon in the Encounter Type box. Is that correct since Latias is not stationary Pokemon like Terrakion?

Robot_3 The NPC that are still does not advance your frames, so if you fight those WNPC and they stay still they will not advance your frames anymore

farranpoison The only difference between B/W and B/W2 are the timer0's fluctuation, anything else stay the same.

Sweeward I understand that you are accounting for the 8 seconds delay for your 3DS booth, but why are you inputting in your 3DS clock one minute less? (I think is something like this:

you want to hit: 18:00:00 so you input on your clock 17:59:52?

If so better try this: you want to hit: 18:45:38 you input on your 3DS clock 18:45:30

In my opinion is way easier to hit in-between times rather than o'clock times)

Gavin123 ummmmm.... recheck your post.... but anyway, Latias is Stationary the same as terrakion (stationary pokemons are the one with you interact directly)

farranpoison The only difference between B/W and B/W2 are the timer0's fluctuation, anything else stay the same.
And what does that mean exactly?

So, I'm assuming in order to get Latias I need to do this in order:

1. Go to victory road with a party of, say, two chatots and a sweet scenter. Plug in Parameters, start up the game, catch a Pokemon, check IVs, calibrate for my game. Assume that timer delay is 1 second. Turn off.

2. Go to the Dreamyard, follow Latias until I'm 1 step away from the encounter point. Save and exit.

3. Use my parameters to find a PID seed for 31/x/31/31/31/31 IVs and a Timid nature. Assume that I get, say, a time of 12/22/13 at 12:04:32. The frame is 5. I'm assuming my initial frame is 1, since that's what it says you start out with in the B/W guide. I start up the game at 12:04:31, and then immediately look at my chatots. I go through my two to see if I have my seed (brings me to 3 frames) and then go through them two more times to go to 5 frames. Then I step forward and encounter Latias that should have correct IVs/nature.

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?

Last edited:
Hey Sidfrid and farranpoison, after getting the seed, on the main RNG Reporter, I will choose "Gen 5 PIDRNG" in the Method Box and "Stationary Pokemon" in the Encounter Type then click "Calculate initial PIDRNG Frame." Suppose my frame is 61 (date and time are 12/28/13 and 7:42:24), I get my starting frame of 41. Does that mean I need to do 20 advancements with 2 Chatot?
Btw, I get 3 different timer0's: 10F3, 10F4, and 10F5. Should I try each timer until I get the perfect latias?

When going for RNG fishing, is there anything I have to keep in mind? Or is it basically Wild Pokémon RNG with using a rod instead of Sweet Scent?

And what does that mean exactly?

3. Use my parameters to find a PID seed for 31/x/31/31/31/31 IVs and a Timid nature. Assume that I get, say, a time of 12/22/13 at 12:04:32. The frame is 5. I'm assuming my initial frame is 1, since that's what it says you start out with in the B/W guide. I start up the game at 12:04:31, and then immediately look at my chatots. I go through my two to see if I have my seed (brings me to 3 frames) and then go through them two more times to go to 5 frames. Then I step forward and encounter Latias that should have correct IVs/nature.
It means that you can hit your time but not your seed, you just need to keep trying until you hit your timer0 (remember that in B/W2 there are more than 2 Timer0's and you CAN'T control which one seed your game)

Steps 1 and 2 are fine, but you are a little confused in step 3:

You don't assume your starting frame is 1 because is NEVER 1, when you copy and paste the seed on Reporter Main Window, click the "Calculate starting Frame" buttom, also remember to check the box for B/W2 and if you made Memory Link check that box too. the other things are fine. In case you still is having problems just post here :)

Gavin123 Is better to stick to one Timer0, just do all your RNG with your most common Timer0. In case you have more than one more common than the others try search for seeds on both then select and stick to the one you found better (in my case I have 8 timer0's but two are more common than the others, this let me search for better spreads in both timer0's)

Darki is "basically" the same. Is way useful to have a pokemon with suction cups or sticky hold leading your party since this will make a 100% success rate when fishing. Also If you click the "synchronize" buttom (yes is a buttom) on main window will change to "Cute charm" and clicking again will make it "Suction Cups". If you have any more question just fire away.

Last edited:
I'm confused. When inputting the time in the DS parameters, what time does it mean? When I encounter the Pokémon, what time I capture it?
Using latest RNG reporter 9.96.5 and trying to find my parameters with a Cobalion

NVM I think I found it out,

Last edited:
Hello all, I have a question.

I'm using the latest version of RNG reporter and I'm trying to RNG the Volcarona in the Relic castle, with 31,x,x,31,31,31 IVS and shiny. My starting frame is 50(pidrng) and the target frame is 54 and I have a male cute charm Pokemon at the front of my party. I've been able to hit my seed and get the right nature, but no matter how many times I try, its not shiny. Is it just not possible to get this Volcarona shiny? I really don't need it shiny but it would be nice.

I also checked if my starting frame was right, and I got
Hardy nature 31,x,x,31,31,31 frame 50
Lonely nature 31,x,x,31,31,31 frame 51
Sassy nature 31,x,x,31,31,31 frame 52
Docile nature 31,x,x,31,31,31 frame 53

so I know my starting frame is right. Here is my MAC address if its necessary-1BEA630B07
also here's a picture

Last edited:
I used the "Pandora's Box" ID/SID tool to manipulate an ID purely for aesthetic reasons, on White 2. I got it to work in the end, but I found that my "initial frame" usually was not at the default value of 28, instead jumping around to values like 36, 39, 40, 41. Is this supposed to happen, or is the initial frame supposed to always be 28?

What I did to make it work:
  1. use the "Search By" box to find a desired TID/SID combination.
  2. select my target from one on the list, record the Seed Hex and target frame
  3. set clock to the target time
  4. start a new game, holding the required buttons
  5. choose Boy, name myself "A", say "yes" to Juniper's confirmation of my name
  6. check ID and enter it into the "Seed Finder" box. Use "Find Seed Hit", which confirms that I have hit the correct seed (same as the one recorded in step 2) but wrong frame. The "Frame" and "Initial Frame" should be equal because I never said "no" to Juniper. However, the value will be something other than 28. Record this value as my initial frame.
  7. set clock to the target time again, and repeat the process, this time choosing my desired player name, and saying "no" to Juniper a number of times based on the "initial frame" found in step 6 and target frame found in step 2.
The problem I've encountered is that my initial frame is sometimes higher than my target frame, making it impossible to hit the target, forcing me to find a new target. Is this normal?

previously unanswered,
what do the parameters {actual seconds, VCount, Timer0, GxStat, VFrame} mean?

The problem I've encountered is that my initial frame is sometimes higher than my target frame, making it impossible to hit the target, forcing me to find a new target. Is this normal?
It can happend, actually happened to me when trying to RNG my ID to get a shiny roamer. My starting frame was 30 and according to Reporter my target frame was 30 too, but when I set up the game it happened that my starting frame was 36. I did it a lot and always got the same results.

Since you're saying you want it only for aesthetic, you can try looking for another time and hit it (I too was obligated to change the time, but luckely found another seed with the desired ID/SID and shiny frame :)

For the unanswered question, all that terms are pretty technical and the Reporter and PPRNG do all the work for you so is not even worth knowing what that mean unless you're interesting in programing, is so, try posting in the research thread they may have an answer for you.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
I am using the PIDRNG method to catch a hp fire Latinos in black 2
My question is if it says my starting frame is 52 and the actual frame I want is 57 does that mean I should ACTUALLY start at 52 compare the noises and go till 56.
In the time finder my frame is 1 and set to min 1 and max 1. The seed is 7460AE23AD926AF7
Yes. Like you said, you are actually starting on frame 52 so you would have to do 5 advances to get to frame 57 (so the last Chatot call you'll hear will be the one on 56, and the first call will correspond to frame 52). Keep in mind though that there is a WNPC on the southern part of that route, and he'll advance the frame. So in reality you may have to do less than 5 advances.

Once I find a good seed, should I repeatedly rewind back to that time and reuse that seed for different pokemon?

The problem that I see is that I'll have a whole bunch of pokemon caught at the exact same date and time, which would look suspicious to legality checks.

Once I find a good seed, should I repeatedly rewind back to that time and reuse that seed for different pokemon?

The problem that I see is that I'll have a whole bunch of pokemon caught at the exact same date and time, which would look suspicious to legality checks.
I don't see why not. I personally find new seeds at different dates for the sake of not seeing the same thing over and over on the status haha. Anyhow, once Pokebank comes out, the dates will be irrelevant.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No reason not too; might as well get everything you can with that seed, instead of finding a bunch of different seeds for no reason.

Don't see how that's an issue.

I'm trying to rng Hidden Grotto encounters. I'm just looking for a chatot right now, so I'm not concerned with nature/IV. I set the clock to a time generated in the time finder, and after walking 256 steps, the grotto is still empty. I don't know what's going wrong.

It means that you can hit your time but not your seed, you just need to keep trying until you hit your timer0 (remember that in B/W2 there are more than 2 Timer0's and you CAN'T control which one seed your game)

Steps 1 and 2 are fine, but you are a little confused in step 3:

You don't assume your starting frame is 1 because is NEVER 1, when you copy and paste the seed on Reporter Main Window, click the "Calculate starting Frame" buttom, also remember to check the box for B/W2 and if you made Memory Link check that box too. the other things are fine. In case you still is having problems just post here :)
Tried one more time with the regular IVRNG method and this time I put in that I had Memory Link on.

Searched for a 1 Frame seed, went at the time, stepped forward once to fight Latias and caught it.

Perfect with Timid from Synchronizer.

Turns out I didn't have to muck around with PIDRNG after all. I guess it was just I forgot to put in Memory Link. >_>

Thanks for your helpful comments. :D

I'm trying to rng Hidden Grotto encounters. I'm just looking for a chatot right now, so I'm not concerned with nature/IV. I set the clock to a time generated in the time finder, and after walking 256 steps, the grotto is still empty. I don't know what's going wrong.
You are just being trolled by the timer0, just keep trying and have a LOT of patience. You can hit it in the first try or a week later.....

farranpoison is always nice to be of help n_n

Agonist

You are just being trolled by the timer0, just keep trying and have a LOT of patience. You can hit it in the first try or a week later.....
Also, make sure that there are no empty hidden grottoes before the one you're trying to abuse. If there are, it won't spawn there.

Hi guys, fairly new to RNG'ing. Haven't even started yet because of one question that I have. I'm aiming to catch Thundurus and I plan on RNG'ing right before I leave the old lady's house. That's the problem, I already saved. When reading the guide, I read that I should check if there's weather outside on that date. Have I already screwed up or is it still possible for me to catch Thundurus at this point? I'm willing to learn all of RNG'ing if that's what it takes but I really really really don't want to start over again...

Agonist

You can still do it just fine, but you probably won't be able to get a shiny out of it.

Does that mean my game was not started at the right time that I set the clock to, and I just need to keep trying with the same time settings? Or do I need to find a different seed? Like I said before, I don't know what timer0 means and no one has told me what it means yet.

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part1

timer0 is one of the parameters you found when calibrating. In B/W2 timer0 varies a lot, you can be hitting your time just fine but is missing your timer0 and no, there is no way to control your timer0. Just need to keep trying....

(the timer0 is needed in the seeding of your game, you can start your game the right time but the timer0 that seed your game may be another than the one you used to search for your seed)

(when you calibrated your game, you found several timer0's and was suggested to use the more common for you)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)