1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  4. Welcome to Wi-Fi! Please remember to read the rules and do NOT create a new thread for simple trades or Friend Safari codes.

5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Discussion in 'Wi-Fi' started by Slashmolder, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TheMoe

TheMoe

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding a shiny RNG breed in black/white 1. I have been rnging on my white 1 with success for stationary,wild, and non shiny breeds but for some reason I haven't been able to get a successful shiny breed.

When I go to time finder to find a seed, it will say something like (for example): the 91st frame will be shiny, modest nature, Ability = 1, Dream World ability = False. However when I copy the seed over and generate the frames, the 91st frame will be: non shiny, modest nature, Ability = 0, Dream World ability = True. But the 92nd frame will be shiny and everything matching the result in the time finder except for the nature. Is this supposed to happen or am I messing something up?

I know that you are supposed to stop 1 frame before your target for breeding and I've tried stopping on various frames with no success. Sorry about the long post but if anyone has insight into this that would be great!
  2. shiny finder

shiny finder

Are all your settings consistent between the time finder and main window (ditto parents, etc). Are you using the right method (Breeding (BW) or Breeding (BW, international))? The frames should match up.

In general, yes you are supposed to hear the Chatot 1 frame before your target, but with the npc's on the route, you might have to stop before (I usually guess ~6 random frame advances)
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
  3. TheMoe

TheMoe

Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty sure they are correct since I was able to breed something before (non shiny) using the same ditto and the other pokemon being something that I've bred. I'll try taking the everstone off and seeing if im off by any extra frames. Just to double check something, unlike standard seed, the iv's are not locked in on the time for breeding are they?
  4. shiny finder

shiny finder

The windows should match up though. Can you post any screen shots if you are working with a seed, please? Right, the IV's vary with the frame when breeding.
  5. TheMoe

TheMoe

Here you go.

Show Hide

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  6. shiny finder

shiny finder

Thanks! Looking at it quickly, you forgot to check the Ditto parent box in the main window, but everything else looks fine :)

edit: Your seed is also set up to be used without an everstone. It sounded like you were using one before, so I'd take it off as that would throw off your results anyway.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2014
    .com likes this.
  7. TheMoe

TheMoe

Thank you, the ditto box was unchecked...cant believe I missed that, thought I double checked everything thanks!
    shiny finder likes this.
  8. Tyrell D. Barnes

Tyrell D. Barnes

Good evening. I'm requesting assistance on an issue that I can't seem to get over. First, I'll list my prerequisites:

- External Resources: DS Lite, Pokémon Black Version 2 (English), RNG Reporter 9.96.5 BETA
    - In-Game Prerequisites: Two Chatot with Chatter, Foongus with Sweet Scent, Twist Mountain (Section before Exit to Icirrus City), Goal of Obtaining Gurdurr (Female, Adamant, 31.31.31.x.31.31), Seeds to Perform Actions, Initial Frame of 47, Target Frame of 97

Screenshots (open)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I've managed to complete the necessary preparation steps to calibrate my DS to the time given by the seed in the Time Finder. My only problem is finding my Shifted Starting Frame, and I fear that it may be because of the one NPC in the corner (a Miner) who seems to not move at all, and is merely stationary. Would this have any effect at all on my PIDRNG Frames?
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
  9. lockiegengar12

lockiegengar12

Stationary NPCs have no affect on the PID frame. It sounds to me like you're missing your timer0. When you can't find the SSF, try sweet scenting and catching the wild Pokemon. If it has the right IVs you hit your timer0, but were unable to find your SSF. If it doesn't have the desired IVs, you missed your timer0. Try using the adjacent seed tool (right click on the seed in time finder). If you can match your Chatot pitches to any of the seeds in there you can confirm you missed your timer0. Good luck.
  10. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

From my understanding, SSF should refer to the frame you hit after Chattering once, unless I'm missing something, so you may simply call it starting frame.
  11. EnGarde

EnGarde The last metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace.
    is a Community Contributor

Please Help! I'm trying to RNG my Zekrom (first RNG project). I'm using PPRNG 1.15.0 and ZomgTimer v2.21. I'll attach a screenshot of the time (seed?) I'm trying to get.

[​IMG]

Umm, what other info do I need to give? I'm using Black 2 and my 3DS XL, I don't have a chatot yet (have to get one from a grotto, seems kinda hard), and I have an adamant synchronizer fainted at the front of my party. My character is standing in front of zekrom, and all I have to do upon restarting is press A to start the encounter.

I have read the guide (http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/pprng_gen5_01_intro), but I didn't fully understand the calibration step for BW2, I did the unova link technique a couple of times, and input 2 of the values I got, so that might be where my problem is.

I'm a total noob to RNG, but I really want this ASAP for the Battle of Legends competition, so tips and suggestions are appreciated! :)

Attached Files:

12. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

If you weren't able to figure out the calibration, I assume you're using an arbitrary vcount/vframe/timer0 for the parameters? I don't have experience on unova link much less in b2/w2, but I do know that b2/w2 has more timer0s, so it's better to have calibrated to see more or less what timer0 you're getting 60% of the time.

With that, were you able to figure out what PID frame you start on? You're going to have to make do with saving in front of zekrom in order to advance it if you're not opting to go the chatot's customized chatter method.
  13. EnGarde

If by arbitrary, you mean values that I got after doing the technique a few times, then yes. The values never repeated themselves, so I didn't know if that was because I was doing something wrong (like if I wasn't being accurate enough when I restart) or what.

I thought that by restricting the IV frame to 1 that would allow me to skip the "advancing the frame" step? (ah, I see now; this zekrom spread would require *47* advances? ...I might need to find another one if that is the case). I don't think I understand this step as well as I thought either... -.-

I'll read the instructions again. Further help is still appreciated. :)
  14. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Responses in bold.
  15. EnGarde

On the calibration step: so the fact that I was able to get values, and more than once, means that I did that step correctly? The fact that the values never repeated wasn't a problem?

Oh! Ok, it looks like the label for the stationary encounter says that the correct PID is 48, so that means 1 time saving, correct? I'll try it and see if it works for me. :)
  16. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

Responses in bold case.
  17. EnGarde

Ok. Using an outside IV checker, I can see that I'm getting the same nature and IVs each time, just not the correct IVs (thanks for catching that). So, I'm hitting SOME seed with precision, just not the seed I want (the seed I seem to be hitting is adamant 19/19/8/3,4/21/6,7; raw stats 233/250/178/157/159/135).
  18. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

It seems that you're hitting the wrong timer0. Would you be able to find something on PPRNG that has the words, simple seed tool/ checker? You might be able to find out your timer0 from there. Once you determine that you're hitting the wrong timer0, just keep trying, it may be that you'll be able to hit it after a couple of tries, pressing the a button a little earlier/later after the clock ticks 1 second before the target second, that is if you're using a ds original/lite.
    lockiegengar12 likes this.
  19. EnGarde

Hmm, I'm using a 3DS XL, dunno how that affects things...

As for the incorrect timer0, the closest tool for this is the "Black 2 / White 2 Parameter Searcher", which uses the spinning icon in the menu of the unova link to help you figure these facts out (seed, time, timer0, vcount, and vframe). The thing that always threw me was that it required you havea min/max value for timer0, vcount, and vframe ahead of time, before the search would turn anything up. I was pretty sure I wasn't doing this step properly, since I never got the same value twice. -.-

I'll try this step again and see if I can't get results that are more accurate. :)
  20. lockiegengar12

lockiegengar12

The 3DS Xl has a longer starting time, you'll be able to figure out what it is in your actual seconds when you calibrate though. Timer0 tend to fluctuate a lot in BW2, so unless the timer0 vary from 1004 to 1107 or something it's just bad luck.

Could you maybe screencap what it says on Black 2 / White 2 Parameter Searcher? It should just ask you to mention the time you started the game, and the direction the arrow pointed in.
    EnGarde and *Trev* like this.
  21. *Trev*

*Trev*

If your using the 3DS, I believe you have to press A 8 seconds before your target time (can possibly be 7 as well iirc). Think you figure it out when calibrating.
    EnGarde likes this.
  22. AfroThunderRule

AfroThunderRule *yawn* ez
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

VCount: B1-B6
    VFrame: 0-F

Maybe I'm just dumb but is your VCount/VFrame suppose to be that varied? Maybe that's just a 3DS thing that I don't know about but shouldn't that be just one number?
    EnGarde likes this.
  23. Mackenzie

Mackenzie

I believe it's normal since b2/w2 has a lot of timer0s as compared to like having 1-3 at maximum for b/w. And as trevenant forest and lockie have said, try hitting your target seconds 8 seconds early.
    EnGarde likes this.
  24. EnGarde

Attaching a screenshot of the parameter searcher. I haven't actually searched for one since I started today's RNG session a really long time ago, so all the values are default or blank.

I'll try doing this step again and take screenshots of the values I've been getting.

[​IMG]

---

Recalibration attempt the first (first time I've gotten more than 2 results. Putting in the next spin direction causes no results to be shown):

[​IMG]

Second Attempt: only 1 entry this time:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  25. lockiegengar12

lockiegengar12

Just to make sure, you aren't entering the timer0/Vframe/Vcount before you search? xD. It seems to me they'd be filled in after a search or are just to mark. Then again, someone that actually has PPRNG is probably going to come in and wreck me.

Just set the time to whatever and enter the game at exactly that time, do 5 spins then search for a seed. Nothing else you really can do.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)

1. BAD