5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Assuming you are doing everything correctly, and that you got the same wrong IVs both times (indicating that you hit the same wrong seed), then yes that's probably what happened. In BW you have ~2 common Timer0s (one of them is usually more common than the other), so it is not unusual to get the same wrong Timer0 several times in a row.
Alright, I was able to successfully hit my seed and got the wrong nature. Should I check Chatot's summary once to change the nature on my next attempt?
Edit: Succeeded in RNGing Thundurus

Last edited:
I'm currently trying to catch a perfect Ditto in White and no matter what I do the IVs are never right despite RNGReporter telling me I'm on the correct seed. As far as I know I'm using the latest version (9.96.5, though it says it's a beta). I use Time Finder to find seeds with perfect frames between 1 and 300. I'm using the IVs (Standard Seed) option, Wild Pokemon, encounter slots 3 and 6. I then transfer the seed I want to the main window. In there I'm using the Gen 5 PIDRNG option with the Wild Pokemon encounter type. My roamer is captured. The Ditto always has the correct nature and it always has the same IVs. I'm leaving the C-Gear off. This has happened with both my DS Lite and my 3DS and on multiple seeds. I basically have no idea what to do at this point because RNGReporter is literally telling me I have the correct seed but the IVs are incorrect. I can add any other information I can find if it's needed. I just want to figure this out because it's driving me up a wall.

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Chiizu, Does the pprng app have a function for Id abuse?
I'm not Chiizu, but it does.
The only thing it lacks is the ability to search or view Cute Charm spreads in Gen IV.
I'm currently trying to catch a perfect Ditto in White and no matter what I do the IVs are never right despite RNGReporter telling me I'm on the correct seed. As far as I know I'm using the latest version (9.96.5, though it says it's a beta). I use Time Finder to find seeds with perfect frames between 1 and 300. I'm using the IVs (Standard Seed) option, Wild Pokemon, encounter slots 3 and 6. I then transfer the seed I want to the main window. In there I'm using the Gen 5 PIDRNG option with the Wild Pokemon encounter type. My roamer is captured. The Ditto always has the correct nature and it always has the same IVs. I'm leaving the C-Gear off. This has happened with both my DS Lite and my 3DS and on multiple seeds. I basically have no idea what to do at this point because RNGReporter is literally telling me I have the correct seed but the IVs are incorrect. I can add any other information I can find if it's needed. I just want to figure this out because it's driving me up a wall.
When you say "frames", there are 2 (relevant) RNGs at work in Gen V games. One frame determines the PID of the Pokémon (used for nature, gender etc.) and one determines the IVs. If you mean the "IV frame" then (for almost all cases) it's best to just do Frame 1 (for this type of encounter at least), the PID frame can be whatever you're happy advancing to.

Do the IVs that you're getting correspond to the appropriate IV Frame 1 for that particular seed (feel free to say the seed, and I [or someone else] can check this for you if you're unsure of how to do so).

Last edited:

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Chiizu, Does the pprng app have a function for Id abuse?
.com already replied with info about the Mac OSX app, but in case you were asking about the iOS app, I'll just add that while it currently has the ability to search for your SID, it lacks full TID abuse support (for example, if you want to abuse to make a roamer PID be shiny).

It is, however, quite possible to use the SID searcher to obtain a TID of your choice if you just search for an SID using the TID that you desire and a date that you would like to start your game.

When you say "frames", there are 2 (relevant) RNGs at work in Gen V games. One frame determines the PID of the Pokémon (used for nature, gender etc.) and one determines the IVs. If you mean the "IV frame" then (for almost all cases) it's best to just do Frame 1 (for this type of encounter at least), the PID frame can be whatever you're happy advancing to.

Do the IVs that you're getting correspond to the appropriate IV Frame 1 for that particular seed (feel free to say the seed, and I [or someone else] can check this for you if you're unsure of how to do so).
I checked and you are absolutely right, those are actually the correct IVs for the seed's IV Frame 1. I don't know how I came up with such a fundamental misunderstanding of how the RNG worked. After messing around with the keypress options I found some seeds with perfect spreads on IV Frame 1 so I'm just going to use those. Thanks for correcting me!

Hi, a quick question about dream radar abuse. I RNG'd for a perfect Tornadus, everything went as it was suppose to. But, I backed up my dream radar game before hand, then reverted to the back-up like an idiot.

I have to recapture Tornadus, but it rejects him from being put in the game. So, how can I safely RNG for the rest of the Legendaries, with Tornadus in the first slot?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Hi, a quick question about dream radar abuse. I RNG'd for a perfect Tornadus, everything went as it was suppose to. But, I backed up my dream radar game before hand, then reverted to the back-up like an idiot.

I have to recapture Tornadus, but it rejects him from being put in the game. So, how can I safely RNG for the rest of the Legendaries, with Tornadus in the first slot?
As long as you don't mind regaining 700 dream orbs, delete the Dream Radar application in system settings, then find Dream Radar on the eShop and redownload it (it will cost nothing as the game can tell you've already paid for it). Worked for me at least, when I wanted to restart my Dream Radar.

As long as you don't mind regaining 700 dream orbs, delete the Dream Radar application in system settings, then find Dream Radar on the eShop and redownload it (it will cost nothing as the game can tell you've already paid for it). Worked for me at least, when I wanted to restart my Dream Radar.
Oh, no, I have my game backed up on my computer right before you capture Tornadus.
I should learn to be a bit more clear about what I'm asking, sorry!

But anyway, I restored the back-up immediately after capturing, and RNGing him into my game. But now I have a useless Tornadus that I have to capture, but isn't able to be transferred into my main Black 2 save file. I wanted to know if I can safely RNG for the rest of the legendaries on Dream radar, with the Tornadus in the first slot?

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Oh, no, I have my game backed up on my computer right before you capture Tornadus.

But anyway, I restored the back-up immediately after capturing, and RNGing him into my game. But now I have a useless Tornadus that I have to capture, but isn't able to be transferred into my main Black 2 save file. I wanted to know if I can safely RNG for the rest of the legendaries on Dream radar, with the Tornadus that is that first slot?
Oh, I get it. I don't know if that Tornadus would affect the RNG when it's not being transferred, sorry.

So, I'm using the main RNG Reporter's PIDRNG for the first time (I got lucky with other RNGs) and was wondering if I am correct that to hit the highlighted PID I would need to advance the PIDRNG 81 times, right? I don't need to worry about NPCs because they're all afraid of the Giant Chasm.
Ditto RNG.png

So, I'm using the main RNG Reporter's PIDRNG for the first time (I got lucky with other RNGs) and was wondering if I am correct that to hit the highlighted PID I would need to advance the PIDRNG 81 times, right? I don't need to worry about NPCs because they're all afraid of the Giant Chasm.
Yeah, that is correct. You hit it on the nose.
126 - 45 = 81
Target Frame - Starting Frame = Frame Advancements.

.com

Grumpy old man
Just in case this doesn't work, PPRNG says the initial frame would be 55 (not 45), in which case you would require (126-55=)71 advancements.
Also (in case it matters to you) the IVs listed give 31/31/31/31/30/09 (not sure if that's what you were going for).

Last edited:

But anyway, I restored the back-up immediately after capturing, and RNGing him into my game. But now I have a useless Tornadus that I have to capture, but isn't able to be transferred into my main Black 2 save file. I wanted to know if I can safely RNG for the rest of the legendaries on Dream radar, with the Tornadus in the first slot?
For anyone curious, or if anyone has the same problem as I did. The Tornadus had no effect on my results, since it was not actually transferred. :)

Last edited:

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
For anyone curious, or if anyone has the same problem as I did. The Tornadus had no effect on my results, since it was not actually transferred. :)
Ha, nice xD.

===

Another Dream Radar question. I'm RNGing Ho-oh from DR, but I stupidly forgot to clear out the Pokemon so along with Ho-Oh there's a Sigilyph in the first place (haven't been sent from Dream Radar yet). Normally I would just backup my DR to after I caught Landorus, but I can't recapture Ho-oh because the Heart Gold I borrowed belongs to a friend of mine that lives a few hours away (and not going to be seeing anytime soon). Is there any knowledge on how a first place gendered 'mon affects a 4th gen legend?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Another Dream Radar question. I'm RNGing Ho-oh from DR, but I stupidly forgot to clear out the Pokemon so along with Ho-Oh there's a Sigilyph in the first place (haven't been sent from Dream Radar yet). Normally I would just backup my DR to after I caught Landorus, but I can't recapture Ho-oh because the Heart Gold I borrowed belongs to a friend of mine that lives a few hours away (and not going to be seeing anytime soon). Is there any knowledge on how a first place gendered 'mon affects a 4th gen legend?
It seems to be the case that the legendaries are generated before normal mons, so you should (probably) be fine using the first slot.

Tranquil_Chaos

Banned deucer.
I have a question. I'm trying (and failing) to use Desmume for Pokemon White RNGing.
I'm trying to RNG an Adamant Throh, and my target seed is 144CD442447E4C4C. However, I keep on hitting the wrong seed, but it is consistently the same seed: B8C458A5BC1BAB6C.

My parameters are as follows: Timer0: 3E2, VCount: 1D, VFrame: 4, GxStat: 6
Mac Address is 009BF123456, and my OT name is Sonia. ID combo is 0/23899.

Is my calibration wrong or is it Desmume's problem? Because a few days ago, I was able to hit the correct seed consistently with the exact same steps.

.com

Grumpy old man
What version of DeSmuME are you using? I believe the parameters [for the English games at least] are documented (here) and don't seem to match what you have written.

I would try to check whether the seed you're hitting would match up if using those parameters, however without time/date/key-presses/etc. I cannot do this. Try entering the information from the link as a new profile, and check whether the seed you're hitting matches up. :)

Tranquil_Chaos

Banned deucer.
What version of DeSmuME are you using? I believe the parameters [for the English games at least] are documented (here) and don't seem to match what you have written.

I would try to check whether the seed you're hitting would match up if using those parameters, however without time/date/key-presses/etc. I cannot do this. Try entering the information from the link as a new profile, and check whether the seed you're hitting matches up. :)
0.9.9 is what I'm using (the _dev version.)
Before, I was RNGing a wild Metang in the Giant Chasm, and the seed was 6_________. Whenever I do the exact date and time that RNG Reporter states, I keep hitting 999___________. This even applies for the save state I saved when the seed I hit the most often was 6_________ and not 999______.
But regardless, I'll try that.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Is there a way I could have a novelty TID and still get relatively low shiny frames by abusing SID with TID? If so, how would I do it?
When it comes to BW(2), you don't generally have a problem with finding low shiny frames (just takes searching several years/keypresses). If you're worried about it, then yes you can. Just select the frame of the seed you want to be shiny, and search by TID in Pandora's box (5th gen tools > TID\SID Manipulation). That would allow you to guarantee at least 1 low shiny frame with good IV's.

The general procedure is outlined here :)

When it comes to BW(2), you don't generally have a problem with finding low shiny frames (just takes searching several years/keypresses). If you're worried about it, then yes you can. Just select the frame of the seed you want to be shiny, and search by TID in Pandora's box (5th gen tools > TID\SID Manipulation). That would allow you to guarantee at least 1 low shiny frame with good IV's.

The general procedure is outlined here :)
Is there any way to rapidly search through years? The Time Finder is quite slow on it's own.

shiny finder

forever searching
is a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Chatot Wrangler
Is there any way to rapidly search through years? The Time Finder is quite slow on it's own.
You can set up your IV's/IV frame for fast searching (i.e. hex flawless), but you probably already realized that. There's no way to search multiple years at once in the Reporter, but you can in PPRNG.

Edit: changed post completely

I had an odd thing happen to me. I was looking for shiny spreads when I did manage to find one. However, when I copy/pasted the seed into the PIDRNG, the same frame showed up non-shiny with a different nature. Any explanations?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)