5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Hmmmm...... I see.

So it's different than the 4th gen.

But how am I going to rng abuse a SID/ID combo so I can try to get a wild shiny pokemon?

Like a shiny Riolu from the wild.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
You don't have to. You advance to the Proper frame for the IVs, put some numbers (Only visible from an emulator) into PIDRNG, and get the frame you need to get to for shiny.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Are certain natures more likely than others or something? Because I just caught about 50 Elgyems and literally none of the Synchronize ones had any of the 8 natures I was looking for.

Just to make sure I'm doing things right:

I'm targeting a frame of 8, so this is what I have in mind:

8 (Target) - 3 (C-Gear) - 1 (Zekrom) + 1 = 5 (Advances Required)

In that case, I can just walk 128 steps with 5 poke's in my party to advance the frame from 3 to 8. Am I doing this right? If so, I wonder how I'm not getting any results at all...?

(and yes, I already calibrated my delay)

Just to make sure I'm doing things right:

I'm targeting a frame of 8, so this is what I have in mind:

8 (Target) - 3 (C-Gear) - 1 (Zekrom) + 1 = 5 (Advances Required)

In that case, I can just walk 128 steps with 5 poke's in my party to advance the frame from 3 to 8. Am I doing this right? If so, I wonder how I'm not getting any results at all...?

(and yes, I already calibrated my delay)
Correct. Don't bother with the formula in the first post. If it's not a roamer or an egg, the formula for frame advancements in C-Gear abuse is just target frame - 3.

I am now trying to RNG Abuse for Zekrom. I saved in front of him/her/it in N's Castle.
I now have this seed E9506C18 with a frame of 12 and a delay of 1580. How would I advance my frame to 12 and what is my starting C-Gear frame?

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
I am now trying to RNG Abuse for Zekrom. I saved in front of him/her/it in N's Castle.
I now have this seed E9506C18 with a frame of 12 and a delay of 1580. How would I advance my frame to 12 and what is my starting C-Gear frame?
The starting frame is 3 from when you turn the CGear on.
For every Pokemon in your party, walking 128 steps advances the frame by that amount. Example, if I had 6 Pokemon in my party, for every 128 steps I took, the frame would go up by 6. If I had 1 Pokemon in my party, for every 128 steps I took, the frame would go up by 1.

Your C-Gear starts at frame 3, so you need to advance it 9 times. Easiest way to do that is to drop your party down to 3 Pokemon and walk 384 steps.

The easiest way would be to have 3 pokemon in your party and take 384 steps before talking to Reshiram. The starting C-Gear frame is 3, and every 128 steps will advance 3 frames (the advancement is equal to the number of pokemon in your party).

Edit: ninja'd (twice lol)

The easiest way would be to have 3 pokemon in your party and take 384 steps before talking to Reshiram. The starting C-Gear frame is 3, and every 128 steps will advance 3 frames (the advancement is equal to the number of pokemon in your party).

Edit: ninja'd (twice lol)
Your C-Gear starts at frame 3, so you need to advance it 9 times. Easiest way to do that is to drop your party down to 3 Pokemon and walk 384 steps.
Ahhhhhhh. I see. Thanks for that information. Althought walking 384 steps would really be confusing for me. (I get confused with counting.) Are there any other methods to advance the RNG Frame?

Ahhhhhhh. I see. Thanks for that information. Althought walking 384 steps would really be confusing for me. (I get confused with counting.) Are there any other methods to advance the RNG Frame?
Adding a Pokemon to your party (withdrawing from the PC, for example) advances the frame by 7. You could do that once, then walk 128 steps with 2 Pokemon to get to frame 12.

As far as counting goes, most people like to use a Repel to assist with the process. Using a regular Repel will notify you after 100 steps, a Super Repel will get you 200, and a Max Repel lasts 250 steps.

EDIT: Quick question of my own. After advancing the frame and catching my target Pokemon only to find that I've missed, how can I tell how far off I was? I'm way past the 10 IVs that the Adjacent Finder provides.

Tolan

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
How to advance the frame.

Moving 128 steps with Z Pokémon in your party.
- Advances the frame by Z.
Moving a Pokémon to your party from the PC Box (Withdraw/Move)
- Advances the frame by 7.
Engaging in a battle.
- Advances at approximately 120 frames per second. Requires Frame Check code to pull off.
- This is how you hit frames above 1000. You probably will not have to hit these frames.

It was posted in the opening post of this thread...

Adding a Pokemon to your party (withdrawing from the PC, for example) advances the frame by 7. You could do that once, then walk 128 steps with 2 Pokemon to get to frame 12.

As far as counting goes, most people like to use a Repel to assist with the process. Using a regular Repel will notify you after 100 steps, a Super Repel will get you 200, and a Max Repel lasts 250 steps.

EDIT: Quick question of my own. After advancing the frame and catching my target Pokemon only to find that I've missed, how can I tell how far off I was? I'm way past the 10 IVs that the Adjacent Finder provides.
Thanks for the repel-trick. That would really help a lot.

How to advance the frame.

Moving 128 steps with Z Pokémon in your party.
- Advances the frame by Z.
Moving a Pokémon to your party from the PC Box (Withdraw/Move)
- Advances the frame by 7.
Engaging in a battle.
- Advances at approximately 120 frames per second. Requires Frame Check code to pull off.
- This is how you hit frames above 1000. You probably will not have to hit these frames.

It was posted in the opening post of this thread...
Thanks for that, but my question was incomplete and a bit wrong. I was going to ask for methods they use in knowing how they advanced the frame.

Alternatively, you can count how many times you run back and forth in front of Zekrom/Reshiram. It's 14 steps across. (For example, to get 384 steps you would have to go across 27 times and then take 6 additional steps.)

As for your question, the only way I've found is to generate Method 5 spreads on the main page of RNG reporter, manually changing the seed until you find matching IVs on your target frame.

Well I'm at about my wit's end for trying this shitty ass method of c-gear abuse...seriously, having to align the fucking synch nature, delay, and seed? That is just some bullshit...4th gen at least had 1 random element removed.

*puts game on the sidelines till non c-gear abuse is out

Well I'm at about my wit's end for trying this shitty ass method of c-gear abuse...seriously, having to align the fucking synch nature, delay, and seed? That is just some bullshit...4th gen at least had 1 random element removed.

*puts game on the sidelines till non c-gear abuse is out
LOL relax dude, I know it can be tough(I have tried it too...and decided to wait) but I do not think C-gear is that bad, besides you will need it for dream world pokes

LOL relax dude, I know it can be tough(I have tried it too...and decided to wait) but I do not think C-gear is that bad, besides you will need it for dream world pokes
How so? Thought you could breed dream world abilities onto regular Pokemon...or can you not use non c-gear abuse on Pokemon breeding? Guess that would be something to look at...

How so? Thought you could breed dream world abilities onto regular Pokemon...or can you not use non c-gear abuse on Pokemon breeding? Guess that would be something to look at...
sorry i should have specified, i mean only dream world high link pokes, bred dream world pokes can be non c gear

I mean, the delay/calibration isn't even the worst part, it's the synching that really fucking sucks because it it's supposedly a 50% chance of encountering that nature, it sure as hell isn't 50% for me, so I'm just wasting even more time trying to calibrate further when I run into the stupid incorrect nature ones and can't figure out their proper nature because the asinine game won't show you it in the battle menu... /rant

So yeah screw this, think I'll just go raise some Pokemon for later post-game play, like a nice Haxorus with False Swipe for catching stuff or something...until whenever RNG Reporter 3 will be ready, probably this summer or something...

Ok because I'm using an Action Replay and it delays the game booting, would it be advisable on EonTimer to set my timer two seconds ahead of the time I actually want? For example, if I want a time with a second value of 20, should I tell EonTimer that my time is actually on 18?

I mean, the delay/calibration isn't even the worst part, it's the synching that really fucking sucks because it it's supposedly a 50% chance of encountering that nature, it sure as hell isn't 50% for me, so I'm just wasting even more time trying to calibrate further when I run into the stupid incorrect nature ones and can't figure out their proper nature because the asinine game won't show you it in the battle menu... /rant

So yeah screw this, think I'll just go raise some Pokemon for later post-game play, like a nice Haxorus with False Swipe for catching stuff or something...until whenever RNG Reporter 3 will be ready, probably this summer or something...
Lose on purpose, and then look at the nature. Leave C-Gear on for a while so the PID can advance. Yeah, try EV training while waiting. That's what I did till I gave it try.

Are certain natures more likely than others or something? Because I just caught about 50 Elgyems and literally none of the Synchronize ones had any of the 8 natures I was looking for.
Ah yes, that reminds me of getting trolled by those Timid/Adamant/Modest/ Jolly Telepathy Elgyem.

What is the starting frame for Gift pokemon like the Larvesta egg and event Zorua?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)