5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
So I haven't used RNG Reporter in a couple weeks and I've got the new version now trying to figure some things out. How do encounter slots work in this new version? Before it would give you a different slot for Grass, Surf, Fishing etc, now it just gives one. And on the list of encounter slots I have the the ones in the water only go up to 4. So what happens when I Sweet Scent on the water with an encounter slot of five?
Generate your seed as encounter type Surfing or whatever, not wild Pokemon.

Encounter types :P

ZeroSum, look in the RNG Research thread as how to do the PID%6 trick to help narrow down the frames.
In Reporter just list the frames you get for each nature, and find where they center around.

After several days of trial and error with RNG breeding I have hatched the crown jewel of my collection:

IVs: 31,31,31,31,31,0
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Curse
nature: Sassy

Seed: 9A1B3E15A697ADEB
Trainer ID: 52185
Secret ID: 03187
Version: 9.75
Time: 00:08:44
Date: 12/01/11
Keypress: None
Nearest Shiny: 181
Frame: 8
Nature: Quiet
Ability: 0

Two 31,31,31,31,31,0 parents allowed me to inherit the necessary IVs at Breeding (BW) Frame 169. I wanted to share this specifically for those such as neut986 and others who have asked about the PID frame advancement or noticed descrepancies in their listed PID natures on RNGReporter. I had to reset and advance my frame over a dozen times before I found a likely pattern in the breeding PID list. It never matched perfectly, due to the "x" factor of moving NPCs on route 3, but if you advance and record enough, a general pattern will emerge. Also, my initial PID frame began at 64, not the usual 40-60 that has been touted in the forums. I'm not sure if 40-60 is meant to be gospel, but I wasted several hours convinced that my results were incorrect before I started at 64 and advanced 105 more for my perfect shiny Ferroseed. I was despairing for a bit before I hatched this one, so I hope this post assists others who are trying to hit theirs to not give up hope.

That sounds alot like my Ferrothorn:
Sassy
31/31/31/1/31/0
Spikes
Power Whip
Ingrain
Gyroball
Rocky Helmet

Sadly, I keep happening upon people w/ Heatran in random matchup.

After several days of trial and error with RNG breeding I have hatched the crown jewel of my collection:

IVs: 31,31,31,31,31,0
move 1: Spikes
move 2: Leech Seed
move 3: Gyro Ball
move 4: Curse
nature: Sassy

Seed: 9A1B3E15A697ADEB
Trainer ID: 52185
Secret ID: 03187
Version: 9.75
Time: 00:08:44
Date: 12/01/11
Nearest Shiny: 181
Frame: 8
Nature: Quiet
Ability: 0

Two 31,31,31,31,31,0 parents allowed me to inherit the necessary IVs at Breeding (BW) Frame 169. I wanted to share this specifically for those such as neut986 and others who have asked about the PID frame advancement or noticed descrepancies in their listed PID natures on RNGReporter. I had to reset and advance my frame over a dozen times before I found a likely pattern in the breeding PID list. It never matched perfectly, due to the "x" factor of moving NPCs on route 3, but if you advance and record enough, a general pattern will emerge. Also, my initial PID frame began at 64, not the usual 40-60 that has been touted in the forums. I'm not sure if 40-60 is meant to be gospel, but I wasted several hours convinced that my results were incorrect before I started at 64 and advanced 105 more for my perfect shiny Ferroseed. I was despairing for a bit before I hatched this one, so I hope this post assists others who are trying to hit theirs to not give up hope.
What is the nearest shiny frame for?

ZeroSum, look in the RNG Research thread as how to do the PID%6 trick to help narrow down the frames.
In Reporter just list the frames you get for each nature, and find where they center around.
Kaph,

I read your post about PID%6 in the research thread and I'm not quite following along how it'll help me deduce what my starting frame is or how many advancements I'll need to get a Timid Thundurus. Mostly because I don't know what PID%6 is and how to calculate it.

I know that the lowest digit of my SID is 1, and that lines up with the "Alert to sounds" characteristic I caught on a Lonely 30/18/30/31/31/31 Thundurus. But you lose me when you start talking about synchers, and synchers don't apply to my scenario because it's a roamer I'm working on.

A little clarification maybe?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Kaph,

I read your post about PID%6 in the research thread and I'm not quite following along how it'll help me deduce what my starting frame is or how many advancements I'll need to get a Timid Thundurus. Mostly because I don't know what PID%6 is and how to calculate it.

I know that the lowest digit of my SID is 1, and that lines up with the "Alert to sounds" characteristic I caught on a Lonely 30/18/30/31/31/31 Thundurus. But you lose me when you start talking about synchers, and synchers don't apply to my scenario because it's a roamer I'm working on.

A little clarification maybe?
Sure.

For Roamers, you can't sync. So, you'd have to generate without synchro frames. You don't need your SID for non-wild Pokemon, like the roamer.

So long as your natures are consistent...

Filter all of the results to lonely. Alert to sounds is for speed (Thus PID%6 = 3, or 0 or 1 or 2). You're unlucky.
So you find all of the frames that are Lonely and %6=0123.

It takes a long time to RNG them. Once you find your approximate starting frame, you can then begin the abuse. It'll be around 600+ (in the rain), or 300+ (in winter months because of snow).

==

Frames are the same concept as last gen. You go as high as you want. Saving and Chatots, they are covered in various posts earlier in this thread.

Sure.

For Roamers, you can't sync. So, you'd have to generate without synchro frames. You don't need your SID for non-wild Pokemon, like the roamer.

So long as your natures are consistent...

Filter all of the results to lonely. Alert to sounds is for speed (Thus PID%6 = 3, or 0 or 1 or 2). You're unlucky.
So you find all of the frames that are Lonely and %6=0123.

It takes a long time to RNG them. Once you find your approximate starting frame, you can then begin the abuse. It'll be around 600+ (in the rain), or 300+ (in winter months because of snow).

==

Frames are the same concept as last gen. You go as high as you want. Saving and Chatots, they are covered in various posts earlier in this thread.
Yeah I've got a chatot and I'm advancing frames no problem, but I'm doing it blindly because I don't know which frame I'm currently on.

Based on what you said in the last post, I'm RNG'ing in a winter month, so I'm looking at 300+ the first Lonely pokemon there is on frame 313 for that seed. Its PID is 822E5059. That's where I lose you. How do I deduce what the PID%6 given the PID? What's the equation?

Seed: 86C2B9BE65612DBA
Version: Latest
Time: 22:24:44
Date: 4/13/11
IVs: 31/10/30/31/31/31
Nearest Shiny: 248
Frame: 282
Nature: Adamant
Ability: 1

Is the shiny frame possible to hit? I'll be using an Everstone to manipulate the nature.

EDIT: Is there a PID finder in RNG reporter?
EDIT 2:
- TID: 00145
- SID: 31592
Anyone?

Notice that if you're breeding, your shiny encounter frame will go from 245 to 7097 (change method to Breeding BW on RNG Reporter and hit generate). You'll have to advance your PID by thousands to hatch your shiny pokemon. You're better off finding a lower shiny frame. Remember to use Breeding (BW) not Method 5 PIDRNG when breeding.

How'd you find your PID?
Trial and error. I did 10 separate PID advancements, recording each nature and gender. Then I repeated the entire process and compared my results with the list on RNG Reporter. My lists didn't match RNG Reporter perfectly (hell, they didn't even match each other), but they were close enough to figure out my initial PID frame.

Edit: BTW, I used a Chatot to advance.

Is it possible to predict how much moving NPCs advance the PID by? I want to capture a shiny Patrat or Watchog, but it seems like every route they are on has moving NPCs.

Trial and error. I did 10 separate PID advancements, recording each nature and gender. Then I repeated the entire process and compared my results with the list on RNG Reporter. My lists didn't match RNG Reporter perfectly (hell, they didn't even match each other), but they were close enough to figure out my initial PID frame.

Edit: BTW, I used a Chatot to advance.
What did you set your max IV frame to?

What did you set your max IV frame to?
Honestly, I didn't touch it. I looked at each frame that might allow me to get perfect IVs through inheritance. Trust me when I say it took hours. The frame I ended up using was 14,31,31,22,30,0. Fortunately, the stars aligned and my shiny frame happened to give me HP, SpA, and SpD inheritance. With two perfect parents, the shiny egg hatched with 31,31,31,31,31,0. RNG this generation seems to take a LOT of trial and error.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I'm using standard seed RNG'ing for Thundurus on my DS lite.

I'm working with seed B8B3DDB2373155CF, my mac address is 0023CC59A097, and my timer0 fluctuates between C7E and C7F with one keypress (down). I'm aiming for a frame 1 30/18/30/31/31/31 HP Ice 70.

I can hit my IV frame all day long, that's easy... but I'm aiming for Timid and I can't seem to hit it.

I load up my full seed into the main window of RNG reporter 9.75 BETA, I choose Method 5 PIDRNG, Roaming Pokemon encounter type, and max results 10000.

I can't find the list of natures I've encountered anywhere in the list. I've gone up to frame 4000+, and I don't think it would start that high. I've read earlier in this thread that an individual had a PID frame of 1900 or so, but that was with c-gear abuse.

My list of natures is:

Brave
Calm
Brave
Modest
Docile
Bold
Bold
Lonely
Calm
Modest
Modest
Adamant
Docile
Brave
Calm
Bashful
Mild
Lonely
Adamant

What am I doing wrong that I can't get RNG reporter to kick out a list with my natures on it anywhere? I figured human error might account for a variation on some of the natures I encountered, giving me a few false results, but after almost 20 natures I can't find any matches.

Help?
The rain during the first encounter advances the PID.

Are certain seeds tied to certain Pokemon percentages? I went to the Giant Chasm the other day with the intention of RNGing a perfect Ditto. I managed to find a spread that would give me a 31/29/31/31/31/31 on Frame 4, so I saved in the Chasm, set my DS Time, and attempted to hit the seed. I ended up encountering a Level 52 male Clefairy, but I caught it anyway, checked its IVs and verified that I hit the seed. I tried 2 or 3 more times, and each time I encountered a Pokemon it was always that Level 52 male Clefairy. I decided to try another seed and frame (31/31/31/15/31/31) and got a level 55 Solrock, verifying that I hit the seed with its IVs. Reset, try again, and this time I caught a Lunatone with the given IVs, so I come to the conclusion that my first trial was a fluke. However, after a dozen more tries all I capture are Solrock, Lunatone, and Metang (all Pokemon with a 10% chance of appearing). Are the RNGs that determine the IVs and Pokemon appearances the same, or am I just really unlucky? If it's the former, is there any way to RNG a good Ditto using a seed I've already tried, or will I have to find a specific one that will give me a 15% chance Pokemon?

Also, can someone give me a brief explanation on how to IV breed for eggs using the RNG? Am I supposed to cross reference a seed and frame from the Time Finder with a search for that seed on the main screen?

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
Read: Encounter Slots

Yep, you can't search for breeding seeds as it is extremely computation heavy. We're still making sure prediction is right, and it's not one of the priorities.

Some questions about TID/SID abuse. Specifically about this part of the guide:

Start the game and check the TID you got.
Go into Pandora and enter the TID. Subtract the frame value you get back from the one
listed in your previous search to find out how many times you need to say ‘No’ to
Juniper when she asks you your name.

Am I entering my TID, under the Seed Finder section? Also, what do you do if the frame ends up being higher than the one from your previous search (resulting in a negative number)?

And I guess before I even start, can I use the same DS parameters I used with my other cart to attempt this as long as I'm using the same DS?
Repost.

So, I'm about to RNG a Thundurus and I'm lazy to check dozens of pages. If anyone could just answer this lingering question, it would be appreciated:

When are the IVs generated? Once the lady takes me into her house, or after listening to her story then heading outside?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)