5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

For Litwick, there are all sorts of NPCs turning around inside Celestial Tower - except on the top floor (where the bell is). They'll mess with you hardcore, so try it on the top if you're not doing that already.

If I get my spread that I want with frame 8, does it even matter what spreads the parents are?
It does. 3 IVs will always be inherited from the parents, and 3 will come from the spread on frame 8 of the MTIVRNG.

When you select Breeding (BW) it tells you which stats will come from which parent, and the blank spots are from the IV frame.

It does. 3 IVs will always be inherited from the parents, and 3 will come from the spread on frame 8 of the MTIVRNG.

When you select Breeding (BW) it tells you which stats will come from which parent, and the blank spots are from the IV frame.
Yeah, I'm using PPRNG. I don;t think it has an option for that.

But my Tynamo is near flawless (only missing the attack IV), and the same with Litwick. Should I try breeding without the Power Item?

And what really bugs me as I have successfully IV bred 3 Pokemon already using Power Items.

the only thing i can recommend is that you get the latest version of rng reporter beta.

edit: iirc, chatter then going to summary then saving advances the PIDRNG by 1. and i recommend abusing litwick on the second floor.
Hmm, I'll try that. But saving advances the PIDRNG by 1 and Chatot does too apparently.
  • Saving
    - Advances the frame by 1 per save.​
  • Chattering Chatot
    - After you have recorded a Chatter, advances the frame by 1 every time you hear its call on the status screen.​
For Litwick, there are all sorts of NPCs turning around inside Celestial Tower - except on the top floor (where the bell is). They'll mess with you hardcore, so try it on the top if you're not doing that already.
Yeah they're annoying. But if I'm on, say, the second floor - do the NPCs on the third floor affect me? I was walking 127 steps with 4 Pokemon to get to Frame 5, and my PIDRNG wasnt advancing as far as I'm aware, because the roof is not an area where wild Pokemon appear. Then I advanced the PIDRNG with Chatot, and walked 1 more step to get back into the tower. Unless I'm missing something, I should have been on Frame 5 with the PIDRNG in the right place. I know the NPC's could have been moving but I only took one step while inside the tower.

Thats sort of whats confusing me though - when I step from the outside to the inside, does that count as a step inside the tower? As in, would it count as a step where wild Pokemon can appear?

Thanks for helping btw you guys. :toast:

Hmm, I'll try that. But saving advances the PIDRNG by 1 and Chatot does too apparently.
Oh, im not sure. I was told that using chatter, summary, then saving is just 1 advancement. but you might as well give both a shot just in case..

Thats sort of whats confusing me though - when I step from the outside to the inside, does that count as a step inside the tower? As in, would it count as a step where wild Pokemon can appear?

From a response in smogonwifi, apparently walking from say a place and moving into say a forest, the step that initiates the change of place does not count as 1 step.

Yeah they're annoying. But if I'm on, say, the second floor - do the NPCs on the third floor affect me? I was walking 127 steps with 4 Pokemon to get to Frame 5, and my PIDRNG wasnt advancing as far as I'm aware, because the roof is not an area where wild Pokemon appear. Then I advanced the PIDRNG with Chatot, and walked 1 more step to get back into the tower. Unless I'm missing something, I should have been on Frame 5 with the PIDRNG in the right place. I know the NPC's could have been moving but I only took one step while inside the tower.

Wild Pokemon do appear on the roof. I RNG'd the parents for my shiny litwick up there. NPCs move on every floor, and most of them turn around as you go up the stairs, which messes with a lot of PIDRNG plans.

From a response in smogonwifi, apparently walking from say a place and moving into say a forest, the step that initiates the change of place does not count as 1 step.
Oh. I'll keep that in mind when I'm trying next time, thanks!

Wild Pokemon do appear on the roof. I RNG'd the parents for my shiny litwick up there. NPCs move on every floor, and most of them turn around as you go up the stairs, which messes with a lot of PIDRNG plans.
Oops. Haha, I guess I should have checked that, that could be what caused a lot of trouble. I'll try it on the second floor, thanks for your help. :)

So I assume that you can now RNG an egg using non C-gear matters, is that correct? They're several things I like to ask. Most of what I'll be asking will be about the DS parameter step of RNG'ing.

1. Is it using standard time (12 am - 12 pm) or military time (00:00 - 24:00)?
2. How many times do I do the calibration step within the DS parameter area?
3. Is ID/SID needed to get Flawless pokemon or just to get Shinies?
4. Is RNG hard to do at all?

http://tinyurl.com/rngguide5g
Rough version of the comprehensive RNG guide (20 pages), includes egg, wondercard, and DW. If you are familiar with how to use RNG Reporter and the RNG terms (from last gen too), you will be able to figure out whatever method you want.
==
For eggs, DO NOT USE POWER ITEMS.
Calibrate to find your initial frame WITHOUT EVERSTONES.
Wait...do you need Power items to RNG eggs or not? Several comments and place say you do but other say you don't. I'm a bit confused.

Alright so I'm having some issues with breeding shinies with a method 5 standard seed. I've seen people post on here that they are able to breed shinies, but for some reason, my attempts always fail.
Some info:

DS MAC Address: 0025A0865DF0
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
GxStat: 6
Timer0: C7C
Game Version: Black (English)
ID: 24171 SID: 29797

Seed: 11CFF9128E8560B6
Target Frame: 23
Date/Time: 04/25/11 06:27:37
Keypress: None

Parent A: Zoroark (male) Nature: Timid IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Item: Everstone

Parent B: Ditto Nature: Modest IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Item: None

So here's my situation; using this setup I went about breeding a zorua in an attempt to RNG manipulate it. I went about this by hitting my seed, advancing to the correct frame, and finally exiting the daycare centre whilst holding left and spamming the A button to take the egg as quickly as possible. After the egg had hatched, I had its IVs verified by the IV guy in the battle subway, and if they were consistent with the seed then I would note the newly hatched's nature.

I then repeated this process many times, only each time it was repeated, I viewed the summary screen on my custom chatter chatot one more time than on the previous repeat. This means I would view it once on the second time through, then twice, then three times etc to get a feel of where the PIDRNG was and how it was advancing. Each time I successfully hit my seed I made a note of the nature, then continued to start over.

I copy-pasted the seed to RNG reporter's main window, set the settings to Breeding (BW), Everstone Nature: Timid, Ditto Parent: Yes. I now set about trying to match up the list of natures I had with somewhere on the list in front of me to find where my PIDRNG frame started, and so could advance it to the correct shiny frame. However, my sequence of natures came out as follows:

Rash
Timid
Rash
Timid

This sequence of natures is inconsistent with the one generated by RNG reporter. It may be worth noting that on none of the eggs I hatched was the Speed IV ever inherited from either parent. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong, so if anyone who has had success with hatching shinies can help, or indeed anyone with the expertise.

Thanks in advance.

Okay, I clicked a seed and searched for in in the Egg finder window. I have alot of results, each with their own nature. Even with an Everstone, will the listed nature be that nature?

Also, PID frames. I'm still quite new to RNGing, what are they exactly? I heard that NPCs can mess them up, and Route 3 (Day Care) is full of them. The Seed Inspector is already set to 50-100 PID Frame Ranger, so I'm assuming you start with a 50 PID Frame, right?

I have one that I like:

FRAME: 99 NATURE: RASH ES: E PID: 7D5E7D22 !!!: DW: ABIL: 0 GENDER: M/F/F/F HP: ATK: DEF: SPA: F SPD: M SPE: M

Judging by that result, I can say that at the PID Frame of 99, I can expect a Rash, 75% Female Tynamo with HP, Atk, and DEF Generated by the RNG IV Frame, and the SPA, SPD, and SPE Inherited from the parents, correct?

If so, this would make a flawless Tynamo.

How would I get to 99 PID, though?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Okay, I clicked a seed and searched for in in the Egg finder window. I have alot of results, each with their own nature. Even with an Everstone, will the listed nature be that nature?
No, but perhaps that could be clearer. If the ES column has a value in it, it means the everstone takes effect. The nature listed will be overridden.

Also, PID frames. I'm still quite new to RNGing, what are they exactly? I heard that NPCs can mess them up, and Route 3 (Day Care) is full of them.
If you don't understand PID frames, you are probably are going to be frustrated by breeding. I would suggest learning about PID frames by trying to capture a shiny wild pokemon first. See the first post on this thread for more details on dealing with PID frames, or check out one of the guides or videos (even if it talks about RNG Reporter, the principles are the same).

The Seed Inspector is already set to 50-100 PID Frame Ranger, so I'm assuming you start with a 50 PID Frame, right?
No. You start around there, but every seed is different. You will need to calibrate (something that takes a fair amount of time when breeding, hence the suggestion to try a wild shiny first).

I have one that I like:

FRAME: 99 NATURE: RASH ES: E PID: 7D5E7D22 !!!: DW: ABIL: 0 GENDER: M/F/F/F HP: ATK: DEF: SPA: F SPD: M SPE: M

Judging by that result, I can say that at the PID Frame of 99, I can expect a Rash, 75% Female Tynamo with HP, Atk, and DEF Generated by the RNG IV Frame, and the SPA, SPD, and SPE Inherited from the parents, correct?
Mostly correct. The nature will be the nature of the everstone holder (ES column is marked), and since Tynamo is 50%/50% gender-wise, this one is female (gender is listed in relation to the gender ratio of the species: 12.5%/25%/50%/75% female).

If so, this would make a flawless Tynamo.

How would I get to 99 PID, though?
By advancing the PID frame from whatever frame it starts on (see calibration mentioned above) to 99 by using the appropriate PID advancing techniques (custom chatot cries or saving).

No, but perhaps that could be clearer. If the ES column has a value in it, it means the everstone takes effect. The nature listed will be overridden.

If you don't understand PID frames, you are probably are going to be frustrated by breeding. I would suggest learning about PID frames by trying to capture a shiny wild pokemon first. See the first post on this thread for more details on dealing with PID frames, or check out one of the guides or videos (even if it talks about RNG Reporter, the principles are the same).

No. You start around there, but every seed is different. You will need to calibrate (something that takes a fair amount of time when breeding, hence the suggestion to try a wild shiny first).

Mostly correct. The nature will be the nature of the everstone holder (ES column is marked), and since Tynamo is 50%/50% gender-wise, this one is female (gender is listed in relation to the gender ratio of the species: 12.5%/25%/50%/75% female).

By advancing the PID frame from whatever frame it starts on (see calibration mentioned above) to 99 by using the appropriate PID advancing techniques (custom chatot cries or saving).

Okay, I'll try that. Did you create PPRNG, btw?

Alright so I'm having some issues with breeding shinies with a method 5 standard seed. I've seen people post on here that they are able to breed shinies, but for some reason, my attempts always fail.
Some info:

DS MAC Address: 0025A0865DF0
VCount: 60
VFrame: 6
GxStat: 6
Timer0: C7C
Game Version: Black (English)
ID: 24171 SID: 29797

Seed: 11CFF9128E8560B6
Target Frame: 23
Date/Time: 04/25/11 06:27:37
Keypress: None

Parent A: Zoroark (male) Nature: Timid IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Item: Everstone

Parent B: Ditto Nature: Modest IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Item: None

So here's my situation; using this setup I went about breeding a zorua in an attempt to RNG manipulate it. I went about this by hitting my seed, advancing to the correct frame, and finally exiting the daycare centre whilst holding left and spamming the A button to take the egg as quickly as possible. After the egg had hatched, I had its IVs verified by the IV guy in the battle subway, and if they were consistent with the seed then I would note the newly hatched's nature.

I then repeated this process many times, only each time it was repeated, I viewed the summary screen on my custom chatter chatot one more time than on the previous repeat. This means I would view it once on the second time through, then twice, then three times etc to get a feel of where the PIDRNG was and how it was advancing. Each time I successfully hit my seed I made a note of the nature, then continued to start over.

I copy-pasted the seed to RNG reporter's main window, set the settings to Breeding (BW), Everstone Nature: Timid, Ditto Parent: Yes. I now set about trying to match up the list of natures I had with somewhere on the list in front of me to find where my PIDRNG frame started, and so could advance it to the correct shiny frame. However, my sequence of natures came out as follows:

Rash
Timid
Rash
Timid

This sequence of natures is inconsistent with the one generated by RNG reporter. It may be worth noting that on none of the eggs I hatched was the Speed IV ever inherited from either parent. I just want to know what I'm doing wrong, so if anyone who has had success with hatching shinies can help, or indeed anyone with the expertise.

Thanks in advance.
Reposting because I still need an answer.

Also, let's say I have my seed, ability, and frame on par for an Adamant Timburr/Gurdurr in the wild. I sweet scent but run into a different Pokemon, but it has the exact nature, ability number, and IVs I want. Is there a way to "change" the Pokemon like how you can save for Natures?

And for Landorus, is the encounter frame your choice, or start at 8, etc.?

Also, what ability number is for Conkeldurr's Guts?

Also, let's say I have my seed, ability, and frame on par for an Adamant Timburr/Gurdurr in the wild. I sweet scent but run into a different Pokemon, but it has the exact nature, ability number, and IVs I want. Is there a way to "change" the Pokemon like how you can save for Natures?

Guts is Ability 0.

Encounter slot values. You can check it's ability yourself in rng reporter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)