5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey, is there anything specific I need to do for the dust clouds.
I've got standard seed, dust cloud, frame 1.
When I start my game I don't seem to run into any clouds!
Dust clouds are not completely controlled by the RNG, unfortunately. Your hidden step counter has to equal a multiple of 20 at the same time the RNG says "okay, now MIGHT be a good time to create a dust cloud".

In other words, it can be extremely painful to do. You probably will not be able to do a frame 1 spread with all the running around you do getting the dust cloud.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
on the first page it says that when you breed with ditto as parent, ditto is considered male

I´m breeding a golett with ditto and I´m usually hitting frames 53-56 when I´m breeding...

SEED FULL SEED FRAME HP AT DEF SPA SPD SPE HIDDEN POWER DATE/TIME TIMER0 KEYPRESSES
CBC14A05 CBC14A05929356ED 8 20 17 11 21 31 31 Dragon 57 05. 10. 11 09:19:16 C7C None

DITTO @ everstone, adamant = parent 1
31-31-26-10-04-19

GOLETT @ no item, docile = parent 2
15-31-31-03-31-14

SPREAD
20-17-11-21-31-31

BABY Golett #1 (1 x charap)
15-17-26-10-31-31, adamant, somewhat vain, klutz
Fe-x-Ma-Ma-x-x none found
Ma-x-Fe-Fe-x-x frame 55

BABY Golett #2 (5 x charap)
15-31-11-21-31-31, adamant, likes to thrash about, iron fist
Fe-Ma/Fe-x-x-Fe-x none found
Ma-Ma/Fe-x-x-Ma-x frame 58

I verified hitting the seed by catching a pokémon on route 13 each time

unrelated note: yeah I messed up while searching for a seed, because I didn´t know there was a Ditto Parent check-box, but that doesn´t matter in this case, also I should just catch golett and not breed it but whatever

Is it possible that Ditto counts as the Female parent in this case and Golett as the Male parent?

also ditto is from emerald, but I couldn´t find the baby spreads in breeding (bw) nor breeding (bw, international) with ditto parent checked/unchecked...

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, Ditto is always considered the female parent when breeding with a genderless Pokemon (because the other Pokemon passes down TM moves, so it's considered the father). I don't know why that post said the Ditto was the male parent.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
thanks OD, the wrong info is stated in the third post, please fix it if you can, so others don´t waste hours figuring that one out the hard way like I did heh

big THANK YOU to everyone who was/is researching the RNG, I´m very grateful for that

First of all thanks for the RNG reporter program but I think when you updated it the
delay (4th Gen Shiny Egg) regardless of what you put in the delay min/max field always goes over >2000
i would really appreciate if someone could just try this out and see that it may be a bug.
I even put the same information in 9.75 and the delays came out normally.
nb: I wasn't breeding for shining so nothing was in the SID or ID ( only 00000)
eg: My settings are
YEAR: 2011 MONTH __ MIN/MAX 491/900 FRAME ___
Breeding: HGSS
NATURE: IMPISH
(rest on any)
Then I hit generate and all the generated times are > 2000
But when I do it in 9.75 it comes out normal.

Thanks in Advance

Here's RNG Reporter 9.80.

- Major Feature Added: 5th Gen Shiny Egg search
- Added: Option to toggle PID hex\decimal display in main window
- Improved: 4th Gen Shiny Egg search no longer searches one date at a time
- Fixed: Breeding (BW\International) no longer shows more than one result even if Max Results is 1
- Fixed: Nidoran-F and Nidoran-M no longer mixed up in Breeding (BW\International)
- Fixed: Seed to Time no longer crashes when a 64-bit seed is in main window
- Changed: 5th Gen DS Parameters for Time Finder now in its own tab

Another major feature I had planned for this release was the option to save\load multiple profiles for ID\SID, DS parameters, etc., as well as fixing Researcher (sorry Kaphotics). However, seeing as the first VGC stop is this weekend, it seemed more important to get that shiny egg search out ASAP.

Shiny Egg search requires that you be saved in front of the Day-Care Man. You should not make any IVRNG advancements at all. I was gonna put a note about that in RNG Reporter, but I ran out of room to put it.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of shinies in Seattle this weekend.
I guess I found a bug on 5th Gen Shiny Egg finder. The generated list doesn't show the Timer0 needed to hit that seed, only the date/time. When one searches for more than 1 Timer0, it can become a problem.

Also, it's searching for the mother's IVs as if they were 31, when I specified saying it's 0, so it shouldn't find spreads that are shiny but inherit that IV from the mother, right?

Like the image shows, Mother IV for SpDef is 0, but the Timid Seed on PIDRNG frame 96 inherits from the mother.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I guess I found a bug on 5th Gen Shiny Egg finder. The generated list doesn't show the Timer0 needed to hit that seed, only the date/time. When one searches for more than 1 Timer0, it can become a problem.
Timer0 listing in the CSV output works, though.

In shiny egg finder, you cannot add the 'select how many button pressed' part to increase the potential for search results?

Good evening, here I would like to learn how to use RNG for Black and White. I know he used to 4G. I am trying to read the tutorial first post but it turns out that English is not my native language.
What is the perfect methode to Abuse Zekrom and Reshiram ?
thank you.

Good evening, here I would like to learn how to use RNG for Black and White. I know he used to 4G. I am trying to read the tutorial first post but it turns out that English is not my native language.
What is the perfect methode to Abuse Zekrom and Reshiram ?
thank you.
There are videos in the first 3 posts. If you can't understand the text then watch the videos, translate the text or find someone who can explain it in your native language...

I'm curious, if I have two chatots, but one is a clone of the other, will the second cloned chatot still advance the PID frame?

Also, do I need to leave the whole chatter or with just switching back and forth is enough for the PID to advance?

I'm hitting my seed but can't seem to hit my PID frame :(

Thank you for finally getting rid of the Capture (Complete) tab in the Time Finder lol. I was never quite sure what was to come of it.

I'm curious, if I have two chatots, but one is a clone of the other, will the second cloned chatot still advance the PID frame?

Also, do I need to leave the whole chatter or with just switching back and forth is enough for the PID to advance?

I'm hitting my seed but can't seem to hit my PID frame :(
Yes both chatots advance the PID frame even if they are clones...
No you do not need to listen to the entire recording. Just switch back and forth between their summary. Also figure out what PID frame you're hitting and adjust accordingly.

No you do not need to listen to the entire recording. Just switch back and forth between their summary. Also figure out what PID frame you're hitting and adjust accordingly.

But don't know how to do the latter because I'm using a synchronizer to RNG Virizion and the PIDRNG frame list is also full of Jolly natures :(

But don't know how to do the latter because I'm using a synchronizer to RNG Virizion and the PIDRNG frame list is also full of Jolly natures :(
Try the %6 method to figure out what the PID % 6 should be to give you the characteristic of the virizion that you're getting. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3466458&postcount=6
Then check use that to figure out which PID you're hitting.
Or you can keep advancing the PID in increments of 1 until you get a non-sync PID.

I have not tried this myself yet, but there is a button on RNG Reporter's main screen that says "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame." You might want to try that out :).

Try the %6 method to figure out what the PID % 6 should be to give you the characteristic of the virizion that you're getting. http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3466458&postcount=6
Then check use that to figure out which PID you're hitting.
Or you can keep advancing the PID in increments of 1 until you get a non-sync PID.
Will try that, thanks!

I have not tried this myself yet, but there is a button on RNG Reporter's main screen that says "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame." You might want to try that out :).
I'm already using that ;)

Are you sure you dont have to listen to the full chatter?

So, how do I get a shiny standing legendary? I'm not sure how to do this...
I can hit my MTIV seed to get HP ice and its a Frame 1 seed that I hit. I'm not sure how I calibrate the PID since I've never really did it before. Plus, I use a timid sync. Is it better to keep the sync to calibrate that PID or should I just ditch it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)