5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
When I abuse shaking spots, could my starting frame be 160? I made 128 steps and a few turns to get to the shaking spot. Did get the right IV's.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Every time I close my RNG Reporter, it doesn't save my information such as my DS MAC Address and version so I have to go through the calibration process all over. Is there any way to save it so I don't have to keep calibrating each time?
I'm not sure why they're not saving (presumably some sort of registry issue), but you could just save the values to a text file and then copy them in when you start the program, rather than doing the entire process every time.

It could be that you are searching for seeds with No KeyPress Combo. When you put that on 3, you'll get many results. Unless the seed you are looking for is too specified. (31/31/31/31/31/31, Male, ability 0, Adamant, encounterslot 4)
It must be not putting a 3 in there. I got only one seed generated for a 31/31/31/any/31/31, no gender, no nature. I'll try putting in the 3 for KeyPress Combo. Thank you!

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
But when I put it into the Main Window i got different results. I see what your saying about the values but why do they turn out different spreads.

When I abuse shaking spots, could my starting frame be 160? I made 128 steps and a few turns to get to the shaking spot. Did get the right IV's.
All the steps and turns make it pretty high, so it's possible, yeah.
One of my starting frames for shaking spots is 681, since I have to go 384 steps to hit my spread.

need help :( i don't understand what i'm doing wrong or i'm missing a step. But i followed all the instructions on bearfans092 video precisely but when i hit the "search" button 0 seeds are found? does anyone know what's going on or is there something i'm doing wrong

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
All the steps and turns make it pretty high, so it's possible, yeah.
One of my starting frames for shaking spots is 681, since I have to go 384 steps to hit my spread.
Thanks again! Well, I think I'll leave it for a while now, shaking spots keep changing position, and I'm getting tons of Gem's. (Which $&*@#% invented that >_>)

You're very welcome. Are you making sure to move the exact same way each time? Even the smallest difference like an extra turn can make the difference. The patches should show up in the same spots if you do the same movements (unless you hit the wrong Timer0, of course).
Oh, I also agree on the gems thing, I hated those so much.

need help :( i don't understand what i'm doing wrong or i'm missing a step. But i followed all the instructions on bearfans092 video precisely but when i hit the "search" button 0 seeds are found? does anyone know what's going on or is there something i'm doing wrong
Your search settings may be too specific. Try broadening them.

You're very welcome. Are you making sure to move the exact same way each time? Even the smallest difference like an extra turn can make the difference. The patches should show up in the same spots if you do the same movements (unless you hit the wrong Timer0, of course).
Oh, I also agree on the gems thing, I hated those so much.

Your search settings may be too specific. Try broadening them.
hmmmm...but this is happening when im trying to find my ds parameters, im trying to find my seed

Oh.
All the advice I can give for that would be... go to a place like Victory Road that has decent-leveled Pokemon, in an area with no NPCs (the first cave, for example, where Deino are found). Make sure you're not moving at all before you use Sweet Scent, and remember to not hold down any buttons when you start the game. Aaaand don't use a Synchronizer.
When I found my parameters, I had a couple times where I found no results, but I got them after a couple minutes.

Oh.
All the advice I can give for that would be... go to a place like Victory Road that has decent-leveled Pokemon, in an area with no NPCs (the first cave, for example, where Deino are found). Make sure you're not moving at all before you use Sweet Scent, and remember to not hold down any buttons when you start the game. Aaaand don't use a Synchronizer.
When I found my parameters, I had a couple times where I found no results, but I got them after a couple minutes.
i was doing this in the last cave right before the pokemon league. Tried a couple if times still nothing, even used a different ds :(. But i guess i'll try again late, thanks for the advice though :)

Oh.
man i just tried it again and it still isn't working :( still don't understand whats going

hmmm, double checked my mac address tried multiple dates & times, still nothing.

It took me a few tries too, dont worry about it just keep trying and make sure your not doing silly mistakes like not hitting the right the time or not sweet scenting as soon as you enter and youll get it eventually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)