5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

When I open the Time Finder it looks like this...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y47...esprites/1.jpg

...with no place to put my DS MAC Address. What do I do?

Edit: I am C-gear RNGing with a DSi
Click "5th Gen DS Parameter's setup."

So I finally got a Chatot, how do I go about advancing the frame with it?
Record a chatter then all you have to do is view Chatot's summary. Each time you view Chatot's summary the PIDRNG advances by 1. You should breed another Chatot imo. 2 is better than 1. :)
Also remember that each time you put it in a box it loses the recorded Chatter so you have to rerecord it.

Record a chatter then all you have to do is view Chatot's summary. Each time you view Chatot's summary the PIDRNG advances by 1. You should breed another Chatot imo. 2 is better than 1. :)
Also remember that each time you put it in a box it loses the recorded Chatter so you have to rerecord it.
So, just go up and down to "hear" chatot's cry and every time you hear it it advances by 1?

I've been getting these error messages on RNG Reporter, and normally I would just ignore them. I have already caught a few perfect Pokemon in the wild with no problem. But today I tried to breed a flawless Pokemon. I found a good seed and when I went to generate it on the main RNG Reporter screen, it will give me an error message and not generate anything. In case it might help, here are a list of error messages I've been getting:

When I first open RNG Reporter I get:
"Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Configuration system failed to initialize."

I click continue, but it comes up with no problem. Everything else is fine, when I try to copy a full seed I get:
"*Exact same message above*

Requested Clipboard operation did not succeed"

I click continue and go to the main RNG window to generate. I paste it in the box without problem, but when I click generate I get:
"*Same message as above*

Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

so i was going for cottonee got the right spread but the wrong pokemon what encounter slot is it in pinwheel forest because i thought it was slot 0

Hello everyone, I'm new here and I hope to get to know you all and along with you.
I have a question to ask about C-Gear abuse:

Is it possible to breed for shiny eggs or RNG at all with eggs using this method? If so How would I go about it seeing how there isn't a real guide to execute this method.

I have a flash cart and a retail English version of the games as well as a DSi xl and I would like to use my Flash cart for RNG as I started playing on this first. I am aware that it is impossible to do anything other than C-Gear at the moment so I won't ask about this. I apologize in advance if it was asked earlier.

Howdy!

I'm trying to RNG a wild pokemon but I'm not sure of what to do. I've RNGed a stationary pokemon (The Telepathy Musharna) but I'm not sure what to do on a non-stationary pokemon. I tried changing Encounter Type to wild pokemon and I put in the correct encounter slot but it generates the same results as it did for my Musharna. I'm trying to get a Foongus if that helps (I fought all the stationary ones already).

Thanks!

Howdy!

I'm trying to RNG a wild pokemon but I'm not sure of what to do. I've RNGed a stationary pokemon (The Telepathy Musharna) but I'm not sure what to do on a non-stationary pokemon. I tried changing Encounter Type to wild pokemon and I put in the correct encounter slot but it generates the same results as it did for my Musharna. I'm trying to get a Foongus if that helps (I fought all the stationary ones already).

Thanks!
So? There's nothing wrong if it generates the same seeds. Also don't set a particular encounter slot unless the Pokemon only appears in one slot. You'll miss out on seeds with other slots that it appears in.

Am I supposed to do the exact same thing as I did for a stationary pokemon and then just sweet scent it once I hit the right frame?

Am I supposed to do the exact same thing as I did for a stationary pokemon and then just sweet scent it once I hit the right frame?
Well I don't know what you did for stationaries so I'm not going to say yes. Basically get the right IVRNG frame. IV frame of 1 is the best so you don't have to do any walking to advance the IVRNG. Once you have the right IV frame you can just advance the PIDRNG to the correct PID frame by viewing Chatot's summary/saving. Remember that NPCs advance the PIDRNG, walking/turning advances it by 2 per step/turn etc. Just keep those things in mind if you find that you're getting the correct IVs but the wrong PID frame. I always recommend a synchronizer for any wild capture. Gives you a lot more results if you want specific nature.

I am trying to RNG Shiny HP Ice 70 Timid Litwick and I am aware that there are NPC's that affect this. I start the game and I am positive that I hit my seed. I immediately open the menu and sweet scent to find how my real Starting Frame and I get 74 instead of my original starting frame of 45. So I subtract 81(my IV frame)-74 and I advance my PIDRNG by 7... but I am not getting a shiny.

All help is appreciated!

I'm trying to do a wild Pent-flawless Vullaby, and I got the setup and everything. Apparently, according to RNG Reporter the Vullaby is supposed to be Bold. I lead with my Abra, and I have hit every possibility for the seed timing wise, and I get two different Vullabys. A level 34 Quirky one, and a level 36 Bold one. Which I assume is the right one, but I don't get the IVs. Am I doing something wrong?

I am trying to RNG Shiny HP Ice 70 Timid Litwick and I am aware that there are NPC's that affect this. I start the game and I am positive that I hit my seed. I immediately open the menu and sweet scent to find how my real Starting Frame and I get 74 instead of my original starting frame of 45. So I subtract 81(my IV frame)-74 and I advance my PIDRNG by 7... but I am not getting a shiny.

All help is appreciated!
Your actual starting frame is not 74. NPCs don't advance the PIDRNG by that many frames if you bring up the menu quickly. You shouldn't even be looking more than 10 frames above what RNG reporter gives you for your starting frame.
How are you sure you hit your seed? You checked the IVs of the Pokemon you caught?

I'm trying to do a wild Pent-flawless Vullaby, and I got the setup and everything. Apparently, according to RNG Reporter the Vullaby is supposed to be Bold. I lead with my Abra, and I have hit every possibility for the seed timing wise, and I get two different Vullabys. A level 34 Quirky one, and a level 36 Bold one. Which I assume is the right one, but I don't get the IVs. Am I doing something wrong?
It's not the right one if the IVs aren't right...
If the IVs are wrong you missed your seed. Getting the right nature doesn't mean anything.

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I hope to get to know you all and along with you.
I have a question to ask about C-Gear abuse:

Is it possible to breed for shiny eggs or RNG at all with eggs using this method? If so How would I go about it seeing how there isn't a real guide to execute this method.

I have a flash cart and a retail English version of the games as well as a DSi xl and I would like to use my Flash cart for RNG as I started playing on this first. I am aware that it is impossible to do anything other than C-Gear at the moment so I won't ask about this. I apologize in advance if it was asked earlier.
You can half-rng them. Basically, you can set only 3 of the IVs chosen at random. The others are taken from a random parent. If you want to try it,at least one flawless parent is a must.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

All help is appreciated!
Why not just go to the top floor where there are no NPCs? It'll make it a lot easier.

When RNGing for a roamer, assuming that my button-mashing through the cutscene is relatively consistent for most/all of my attempts, about how many tries do you think it would take me to get the same number of advances? If I use the Master Ball and find out I got the right nature, I'd like to hit that same PIDRNG frame again so I can get it in a Premier Ball, but if it's going to take a lot of tries, I'll probably just save after getting it with the Master Ball.

I was wondering how RNG'ing for DW pokemon worked!

Mostly...

What sort of frame advancement do you experience for entering the entralink? Do DW pokemon RNG under interact/method 1 assumptions? Do steps in the DW advance the IV frame (I'm assuming they do)?

And any other info, or just a link to the right thread, would be awesome! Thanks!

Does anyone know if the NPC's on Route 15 advance the PIDRNG frame? They turn in the grass randomly but don't move. (Trying to catch a Pupitar, keep getting Marowak with target IV's)

You can half-rng them. Basically, you can set only 3 of the IVs chosen at random. The others are taken from a random parent. If you want to try it,at least one flawless parent is a must.
Okay that's fine with me as my pokemon are almost flawless. I just need to know how to start or rather what options should I do since I'm using the C-Gear method. Would it be to much trouble to ask how to start or set up for this method?
Also I forgot to mention that the parents both have the desired nature, they both separately have my desired IV's, and they both have the ability I need however I'm not really looking for anything with nature for this Pokemon. Does this matter at all with C-Gear? Thank you in avance.

Okay that's fine with me as my pokemon are almost flawless. I just need to know how to start or rather what options should I do since I'm using the C-Gear method. Would it be to much trouble to ask how to start or set up for this method?
It's the same as doing eggs via non c-gear. Only difference is that you have to rely on luck since you can't exactly control the PID frame.

Search c-gear, gift, frame 8. Let's say you wanted a 31/31/31/x/31/31 sand rush drilbur. You would search for that on frame 8 via c-gear method and gift encounter type. Both parents would have to have 31/31/31/x/31/31 then you would RNG like you normally do for anything else. Hit your delay, get egg, the egg is guaranteed to have the correct spread. Everstone gives you a 50% probability of getting correct nature and you have a 50% probability of getting the correct ability. So on average that's about 4 eggs to get what you want. Not quite as easy as non c-gear but it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)