5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Yeah no spaces/dashes. Just like this. "001CBE7DECE1"
You're using a retail cart, right, not a flashcard?
You save, reset and set your calendar and clock to a certain date and time?
You're putting the exact date and time you pressed A at the clock screen into the parameter finder.
You sweet scent immediately after entering the game to catch the Pokemon?
You use the Pokedex-IV checker or metalkids calculator to check IVs? (don't use another calculator)
You're putting the minimum and maximum values for each stat into the parameter finder?

Make sure the area you catch the Pokemon in has no NPCs.

EDIT: Only if you haven't already.
NPCs don't affect the calibration process since you only need IVs. NPCs advance the PIDRNG not the IVRNG.

You're using a retail cart, right, not a flashcard?
You save, reset and set your calendar and clock to a certain date and time?
You're putting the exact date and time you pressed A at the clock screen into the parameter finder.
You sweet scent immediately after entering the game to catch the Pokemon?
You use the Pokedex-IV checker or metalkids calculator to check IVs? (don't use another calculator)
You're putting the minimum and maximum values for each stat into the parameter finder?

NPCs don't affect the calibration process since you only need IVs. NPCs advance the PIDRNG not the IVRNG.
Yeah I'm doing all that

Are you sure you're hitting it on 45 secs? (don't hit trying to time it at the same moment it changes. Hit it when it changes, after it changes but before it goes to 46 secs)

EDIT:Also going to bed (3:50 am whoo) hope you get your problem fixed before I wake up.

Are you sure you're hitting it on 45 secs? (don't hit trying to time it at the same moment it changes. Hit it when it changes, after it changes but before it goes to 46 secs)

EDIT:Also going to bed (3:50 am whoo) hope you get your problem fixed before I wake up.
Well I tested to see if it was 46 or even 44. still nothing

You're not holding any buttons, right? You press A, let go then wait for the gamefreak logo before you press any buttons.

Also make sure you keep in mind the difference between 6:56:45 and 18:56:45

yea its on 3 keypresses and i guess its just me being impatient
ive gone through 5 months now and not a single seed haha
I think I know your problem.

Put in your ID/SID in main screen. Then go to time finder and put your ID/SID in the capture tab spot, and the shiny egg finder spot.

Then close rng reporter completely and reopen it. Your ID/SID should be in all the same spots. Then search. If you still can't find anything, VM me your parameters and I'll search.

The reason is the current version has a bug where it uses the ID/SID combo in shiny egg finder that it started up with. So if it was blank when you started the program, it will continue to use "blank" no matter what you do until you follow the above guidelines. That's the only reason I can imagine you getting nothing. I've done searches with similar parents/egg/everstone restrictions and set my PID to 50~300 and I still get hits.

You're not holding any buttons, right? You press A, let go then wait for the gamefreak logo before you press any buttons.

Also make sure you keep in mind the difference between 6:56:45 and 18:56:45
Yes that's correct. I checked the time. It's good. I always use military time on everything

Your kidding me....
Try different month's, More Keypresses ETC.
Its funny that I actually found one on frame 54 in the same month as I was trying earlier on by changing defense to "none" even though it is flawless as well. So I guess the RNG reporter isn't that efficient when searching for a flawless seed. :S

So my target frame should be 53? And to advance it, withdrawing 7 times and moving 256 steps with 2 pokemon in party should do it? Thanks

Its funny that I actually found one on frame 54 in the same month as I was trying earlier on by changing defense to "none" even though it is flawless as well. So I guess the RNG reporter isn't that efficient when searching for a flawless seed. :S

So my target frame should be 53? And to advance it, withdrawing 7 times and moving 256 steps with 2 pokemon in party should do it? Thanks
No, you just did something wrong.

I'm getting some inconsistent results with shiny wild pokemon catching in double grass,dust clouds and shaking spots D:

I have a seed that say that those stuff can be synchronized in double battle grass which inst....but when i catch them in wild when it says it isn't synchronized i end up getting the right nature.It is all inverted.When it says it can be synchronized in wild battle it means in shaking spots not wild and when say it can be in shaking spots it means in wild battles not shaking spots.Same for double grass and normal grass.

Sometimes i also get two shiny frames in the same seed,one can be synchronized and the other one can't....so i go to the one that can and end up with one not able to synchronize while the other one that RNG reporter says that can't,ends up working....this is really frustrating

I'm really starting to lose my patience now, after finding out a flawless seed at frame 2, I can not seem to hit it consistently. Mostly I am off target! Even though I know that I'm hitting the correct second on correct date and not holding any key until the nintendo logo appears as is required. Please help me out to what I may be doing wrong.
PS: I have successfully RNGed in diamond and RNG in black is supposed to be easier... :S
My seed is 7541AAD0, target frame = 2, frame advances required = 1 which I do by walking 128 steps with 1 pokemon only. Date is 05/18/11, time = 4:14:15 and from calibration I got a +1 second so I'm always hitting continue when the clock strikes 14 seconds. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I'm really starting to lose my patience now, after finding out a flawless seed at frame 2, I can not seem to hit it consistently. Mostly I am off target! Even though I know that I'm hitting the correct second on correct date and not holding any key until the nintendo logo appears as is required. Please help me out to what I may be doing wrong.
PS: I have successfully RNGed in diamond and RNG in black is supposed to be easier... :S
My seed is 7541AAD0, target frame = 2, frame advances required = 1 which I do by walking 128 steps with 1 pokemon only. Date is 05/18/11, time = 4:14:15 and from calibration I got a +1 second so I'm always hitting continue when the clock strikes 14 seconds. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
You dont press A when it hits at exact 14 seconds,you press a bit earlier than that.Keep trying a bit earlier till you get it done.You will need patient,it took me 2 days to figure out how it work

Now I pressed it a little earlier so that by the time the screen fades off the clock shows 14 seconds whereas when I was hitting at 14 seconds before, it would show the seconds progressing to 15 even though I press A at 14 seconds precisely yet I am not hitting the required seed. Please help me. Date = 05/18/11 Time = 04:14:15 Frame = 2 Keypress = none I am doing exactly as required here but still what can be the reason that Im not hitting my seed? :S
Parameters changed? Does running instead of walking for 128 steps make any difference?

Now I pressed it a little earlier so that by the time the screen fades off the clock shows 14 seconds whereas when I was hitting at 14 seconds before, it would show the seconds progressing to 15 even though I press A at 14 seconds precisely yet I am not hitting the required seed. Please help me. Date = 05/18/11 Time = 04:14:15 Frame = 2 Keypress = none I am doing exactly as required here but still what can be the reason that Im not hitting my seed? :S
Parameters changed? Does running instead of walking for 128 steps make any difference?
Might be timer0 issues, try checking your adjacents. If you're not hitting your spread at all, try a different spread or recalibrate. What you're describing sounds right so far.

Running doesn't make a difference.

Wow. I calibrated again and now my timer0 is C7C instead of the former C7B. Any good explanation so I don't lose my mind? :/
and what do you mean by adjacents? And how to check them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 29)