5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
I need a little bit of help because I think I'm stuck. I'm going for a non-shiny Modest Deino that knows Dark Pulse with all IVs flawless except Attack. I already have a male Deino that knows Dark Pulse and a Modest flawless Ditto (will be female) holding an Everstone. I put them in the Daycare and I'm all set and saved in front of the Daycare man when the egg is in his hands, with my Chatots ready.

I got a seed like normal from RNGReporter, pasted the full seed into the main window, selected BW breeding, checked the Ditto parent box, and set the nature to Modest. I then generated and a bunch of PIDs came up for Modest, but I'm not exactly sure which one to pick so I don't know how many chatters I need. I calculated my starting PID frame to be 45. I picked a random PID, found the difference between that and the starting frame, did my chatters accordingly, quickly grabbed the egg from the man to avoid the NPCs disrupting me, and hatched it, only to get a Lax Deino instead. I looked on the list of PIDs RNGReporter gave me and Lax wasn't anywhere near the one I picked. At level 1, I couldn't easily calculate the IVs (didn't Rare Candy it).

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with picking my PID. Did I miss any steps? If the full seed, date, time, keypress, etc. are needed, I will post them.
That's timer0 my friend. It is your worst enemy. D:

I need a little bit of help because I think I'm stuck. I'm going for a non-shiny Modest Deino that knows Dark Pulse with all IVs flawless except Attack. I already have a male Deino that knows Dark Pulse and a Modest flawless Ditto (will be female) holding an Everstone. I put them in the Daycare and I'm all set and saved in front of the Daycare man when the egg is in his hands, with my Chatots ready.

I got a seed like normal from RNGReporter, pasted the full seed into the main window, selected BW breeding, checked the Ditto parent box, and set the nature to Modest. I then generated and a bunch of PIDs came up for Modest, but I'm not exactly sure which one to pick so I don't know how many chatters I need. I calculated my starting PID frame to be 45. I picked a random PID, found the difference between that and the starting frame, did my chatters accordingly, quickly grabbed the egg from the man to avoid the NPCs disrupting me, and hatched it, only to get a Lax Deino instead. I looked on the list of PIDs RNGReporter gave me and Lax wasn't anywhere near the one I picked. At level 1, I couldn't easily calculate the IVs (didn't Rare Candy it).

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with picking my PID. Did I miss any steps? Also, is there an easier way to know if I hit my seed (I read the guide and it said I can go catch anything in Victory Road and check it's IVs but I don't know what to compare them to so I got lost after that). If the full seed, date, time, keypress, etc. are needed, I will post them.
Biosci is right about your problem as long as everything else is right. It sounds like you have a few questions in general though that we could help you with if we had a pic. One of the PID window and one of Time Finder would be ideal.

I feel like I'm doing something wrong with picking my PID. Did I miss any steps? Also, is there an easier way to know if I hit my seed (I read the guide and it said I can go catch anything in Victory Road and check it's IVs but I don't know what to compare them to so I got lost after that). If the full seed, date, time, keypress, etc. are needed, I will post them.
To tell if you hit the seed, fly to victory road and catch something after you get the egg. The IVs of your caught Pokemon should match IV frame 14 or 14+Z where Z is the number of Pokemon in your party including the egg. If the IVs don't match you missed your seed.

(Don't know if you know this) Method 5 (standard seed) can be used in the main window to view the IV frames just like you use method 5 PIDRNG or breeding BW to view PID frames.

So i was just playing on my flashcart and thought i might see if i could find some parametres for it so i done a search and it came up with about 50+ results, So i just wanted to know whats the best way to find out which ones to use.

So i was just playing on my flashcart and thought i might see if i could find some parametres for it so i done a search and it came up with about 50+ results, So i just wanted to know whats the best way to find out which ones to use.
Try doing it all over again after keeping track of the first results you get, and see if any match up. If there is only one that matches, try that one and see if it works.

If there are multiple, do it all over again and reduce it down until you find one.

My only guess on how to figure it out.

I'm contemplating catching a shiny Tornadus.

Which months are best for RNGing the Genies, and what sort of advancements can I expect from the weather in each month?

One more query: which type of flash cart would be the best for RNGing?
- I have bought the game, twice. The original Japanese game can't be patched to English. A Japanese rom on a flash cart can, and I want perfect Japanese Dittos that I know are legit.

Some "experimental research" results about PID frame increment

Plagued with an unfriendly Timer0, I often miss my targeted frame and I found it tricky to guess the PID frame I hit after walking to increment the IVs frame, especially with many turns. So, I conducted a small experiment, walking up and down inside the last room on Victory Road. Using "sweet scent" and "max repel", I repeatedly determined the PID frame every 5 steps and 1 turn, increasing the total path length every restart (up to 160 steps). I ended up with the following picture, showing how much increases the PID frame after each turn. Odd turn numbers are for "from North to South" facing direction change (resp. even for "from South to North").

My analysis is that:

• Turning increases the PID frame by 2 to 5 (I didn't experienced higher values).
  • 2 is an obvious lower bound, whereas 4 seems an acceptable upper bound.
  • With "enough" turns, 3 is a good average.
  • The increment is not related to the direction change, nor to the floor tile you are turning on.
So, when "combing" RNGreporter PID frames, I am now restricting the search between "MinFrame" and "MaxFrame" calculated as:

• MinFrame = SSF + 2*step + 2*turn
  • MaxFrame = MinFrame + 2*turn
where:

• "SSF" is given by the RNGreporter button labeled "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".
  • "step" is the number of time the character moves from one tile to another.
  • "turn" is the number of time the character facing direction changes, without displacement.
As an example with SSF equals 42, walking 128 steps and turning 24 times leads to MinFrame = 346 and MaxFrame = 394, with "just" 48 frames to check...

Obviously for prediction, turning too often is not a good idea! Also, there is no chance to hit a frame below "MinFrame", unless reducing the number of steps...

As a side effect during this research, I noticed that:

• Bumping into wall does not affect the PID frame.
  • Using another "repel" just after the previous one ended does not affect the PID frame.
  • The last step of a standard repel (from the 99th to the 100th step) increases the PID frame by 1, not 2. So using a sequence of two "repel" leads to a different PID frame compared to just one "max repel".
As a conclusion, I hope this might be useful to other RNGistes fellows.

PS1: If some RNG guru thinks this is already searched ground, please let me know before I start looking at left<->right displacements...
PS2: Editing my poor English grammar to improve the intelligibility of all this is most welcome.

Plagued with an unfriendly Timer0, I often miss my targeted frame and I found it tricky to guess the PID frame I hit after walking to increment the IVs frame, especially with many turns. So, I conducted a small experiment, walking up and down inside the last room on Victory Road. Using "sweet scent" and "max repel", I repeatedly determined the PID frame every 5 steps and 1 turn, increasing the total path length every restart (up to 160 steps). I ended up with the following picture, showing how much increases the PID frame after each turn. Odd turn numbers are for "from North to South" facing direction change (resp. even for "from South to North").

My analysis is that:

• Turning increases the PID frame by 2 to 5 (I didn't experienced higher values).
  • 2 is an obvious lower bound, whereas 4 seems an acceptable upper bound.
  • With "enough" turns, 3 is a good average.
  • The increment is not related to the direction change, nor to the floor tile you are turning on.
So, when "combing" RNGreporter PID frames, I am now restricting the search between "MinFrame" and "MaxFrame" calculated as:

• MinFrame = SSF + 2*step + 2*turn
  • MaxFrame = MinFrame + 2*turn
where:

• "SSF" is given by the RNGreporter button labeled "Calculate Initial PIDRNG Frame".
  • "step" is the number of time the character moves from one tile to another.
  • "turn" is the number of time the character facing direction changes, without displacement.
As an example with SSF equals 42, walking 128 steps and turning 24 times leads to MinFrame = 346 and MaxFrame = 394, with "just" 48 frames to check...

Obviously for prediction, turning too often is not a good idea! Also, there is no chance to hit a frame below "MinFrame", unless reducing the number of steps...

As a side effect during this research, I noticed that:

• Bumping into wall does not affect the PID frame.
  • Using another "repel" just after the previous one ended does not affect the PID frame.
  • The last step of a standard repel (from the 99th to the 100th step) increases the PID frame by 1, not 2. So using a sequence of two "repel" leads to a different PID frame compared to just one "max repel".
As a conclusion, I hope this might be useful to other RNGistes fellows.

PS1: If some RNG guru thinks this is already searched ground, please let me know before I start looking at left<->right displacements...
PS2: Editing my poor English grammar to improve the intelligibility of all this is most welcome.
It's steps that are inconsistent not turns. Turns always advance the PIDRNG by 2 frames. We already have a good approximation of how the PIDRNG advances: here

For reference:f=current frame, i=Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame, s=steps, t=turns, n=NPC advancement

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol that was 9000% more intelligible than the majority of the posts from everyone else.

Basically there's 2 per turn and 2 per step, and step counter resets. Every 20 or 17 steps the game has to reset a step counter (for Shaking Spot or Egg Decision), thus consuming a frame.

These unreliable results are why we use Chatots ^.^

==

If you've got a retail cartridge, go for the Higher timer0. Use 3 keypresses.

If you've got a retail cartridge, go for the Higher timer0. Use 3 keypresses.
Thanks.
Key-presses are no problem, much easier than playing the keyboard. ;).
I don't have one yet, (a retail cartridge,) but I'm thinking it could be worth trying. It was just too tedious trying to play through with everything in Japanese.

Your guide on RNGing wonder cards was great thanks. Nice to have clear instructions with pictures of the set-up.

I need someone to help me with the roaming Tornadus. I haven't tried to catch it yet. If you can teach me how to do it step by step, that'd be great.

VM me if you can help.

I need someone to help me with the roaming Tornadus. I haven't tried to catch it yet. If you can teach me how to do it step by step, that'd be great.

VM me if you can help.
Please, whoever gives help with this, do it here in the thread so we can all learn from it.

I'm still wondering what seasons and PID frames to start searching for seeds on.

Please, whoever gives help with this, do it here in the thread so we can all learn from it.

I'm still wondering what seasons and PID frames to start searching for seeds on.
I may consider writing something up officially if I know who I'm supposed to talk to for editing and posting purposes. I've done my fair share of roamers, albeit on an emu but nonetheless same idea, just more time saving on an emu. I've also ID/SID abused for roamers which is probably handy.

I've posted a lot of times regarding roamers so I might as well.

I may consider writing something up officially if I know who I'm supposed to talk to for editing and posting purposes. I've done my fair share of roamers, albeit on an emu but nonetheless same idea, just more time saving on an emu. I've also ID/SID abused for roamers which is probably handy.

I've posted a lot of times regarding roamers so I might as well.
I look forward to seeing your guide, once it's done. There's a lot of information scattered around, but it would be great if someone put all together, along with the little details, in a step-by-step "for dummies" guide

I have the 9.81 RNG Reporter.
I have the 4th Gen Seed Finder/Generator.
I have the data down to a "T."
I have AR that tells me what the IV's are.
I have gone forward/backward 1 minute.
I have gotten the "No reasonable initial seed found..."

This didn't happen when I was doing the calibration phase when I was using my AR.
I did use Emloop before, but not this time.
I am watching SparkTEHFuze's videos also.
Did I miss something?

Toast++

Nexus is literally the worst.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
4th Gen?
I know that some of those thing were broken in the update. Not sure if that's one or not. Regardless, you shouldn't really need the initial seed finder. Its as simple as trying for a seed and looking at the adjacents for the elm or flip pattern you need. I know there are guides to this approach but since I'm replying from my phone, I can't find them for you.

Did anyone bother to RNG the egg from the event a few months ago? I never did mine and still haven't picked it up from the man, but I want to get the Zoroark event soon so I'm wondering if it's even worth RNGing the egg one. I hatched it to see what it was and I got Pidove.

What did you guys end up doing with your eggs from that event?

Did anyone bother to RNG the egg from the event a few months ago? I never did mine and still haven't picked it up from the man, but I want to get the Zoroark event soon so I'm wondering if it's even worth RNGing the egg one. I hatched it to see what it was and I got Pidove.

What did you guys end up doing with your eggs from that event?
It will always have a hardy nature and iirc it had set ivs too. Not positive about the iv part though.

I look forward to seeing your guide, once it's done. There's a lot of information scattered around, but it would be great if someone put all together, along with the little details, in a step-by-step "for dummies" guide
Whoops I didn't realize Kaphotics already wrote one up. Just check the (3rd?) post in the beginning of the thread, click the link and scroll down to the roamers section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)