5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Not possible.

Your frame count can't go backwards.
It can go backwards when dealing with roamers.

Do I understand from this, that say I'm looking for a Rash, alert to sounds match, I find Nature = 19 and a remainder of = 3?
Not quite. It depends on your IVs. Sure Alert to Sounds means remainder=3 is a possibility but if you have imperfect HP/Atk/Def/ like MeGaMaN X then 0, 1 and 2 will also be possibilities. It would be so much easier if you guys had one of these HP Ice spreads: 31/30/30/31/31/31 or 30/31/30/31/31/31. All those Alert to sounds are not very helpful. :|

Tesseraction has a post explaining the PID%6 method.

I got them now

0 chatots: 474- Modest
10 chatots: 471- Quiet
20 chatots: 584- Hasty
30 chatos: 499- Adamant
40 chatots: 546- Modest
462 & 463 are both Modest (15) and Alert to sounds (3). One of them is probably your starting frame (not 474). Take it from there. Try to go for your target frame. If you miss it figure out where you're landing and adjust. keep doing that until you get your roamer.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So I'm finally piddling with 5th gen shiny eggs (very late to the party).

269C94C5BEF2159D PIDF:72/74 Everstone Ability:0 DW 31/31/31/I/I/I M 09/06/11 06:13:00 Left-X
Frame 8: 31 / 31 / 31 / 24 / 26 / 4

I'm shooting for PID Frames 72 or 74. According to RNG Reporter these should give me a shiny, everstone nature egg. You can plug those numbers in if you want to take a look.

The Reporter says that the starting frame should be 47 on that seed. From what I've experienced so far, I've seen that the NPCs outside the daycare should advance the frame 1-5ish, somewhere in that range, so I started by advancing my PID frame with 22 saves. I figured that would get me in the 72/74 range (47+5(ish)+22=74(ish)). I reset several times, incase I missed my 0timer, and checked the first egg that had IVs that matched what the Reporter said I should have for that seed.

I got this:
22) shadow edge touching horizontal part of fence, jolly, 31 31 31 0 31 31 DW

If I hit my seed the last 3 IVs there would have to be Inherited (0 from male, 31s from either). But I cannot find a frame anywhere in the vicinity of frames 72/74 that inherits the last 3 IVs, is everstone nature, DW ability, and NOT shiny...

My two parents are a Japanese Dragonite and an English Dratini, and yes I have it set on Breeding (BW, International). Both are RNG'd. My ID and SID are ID: 19317 SID: 31653. I've read through the guide more than once, and I've watched the videos. I have experience with all kinds of RNG. From the guides and the videos this looks like it will be easy, but for the life of me I can't figure out what frame I'm hitting. There doesn't seem to be anything near where I believe I should be.

Any ideas?

269C94C5BEF2159D PIDF:72/74 Everstone Ability:0 DW 31/31/31/I/I/I M 09/06/11 06:13:00 Left-X

I'm shooting for PID Frames 72 or 74. According to RNG Reporter these should give me a shiny, everstone nature egg. You can plug those numbers in if you want to take a look.

The Reporter says that the starting frame should be 47 on that seed. From what I've experienced so far, I've seen that the NPCs outside the daycare should advance the frame 1-5ish, somewhere in that range, so I started by advancing my PID frame with 22 saves. I figured that would get me in the 72/74 range (47+5(ish)+22=74(ish)). I reset several times, incase I missed my 0timer, and checked the first egg that had IVs that matched what the Reporter said I should have for that seed.

I got this:

If I hit my seed the last 3 IVs there would have to be Inherited (0 from male, 31s from either). But I cannot find a frame anywhere in the vicinity of frames 72/74 that inherits the last 3 IVs, is everstone nature, DW ability, and NOT shiny...

My two parents are a Japanese Dragonite and an English Dratini, and yes I have it set on Breeding (BW, International). Both are RNG'd. My ID and SID are ID: 19317 SID: 31653. I've read through the guide more than once, and I've watched the videos. I have experience with all kinds of RNG. From the guides and the videos this looks like it will be easy, but for the life of me I can't figure out what frame I'm hitting. There doesn't seem to be anything near where I believe I should be.

Any ideas?
It looks like you need Chatots with a custom chatter. The NPCs will continue to advance your frame a bit in between saves. After 22 that will add up. It's really weird that you're getting the same inheritance as you're aiming for though since I don't see another instance like it until frame 232.

I'm trying to RNG a wild Solosis on Route 16. There are moving NPCs there so I know they're throwing me off. My starting PID frame is 45. The Solosis I'm going for is on frame 56. After 11 chats, I've encountered the same female Careful Trubbish, so from what RNGReporter tells me, I'm hitting frame 84. How can I hit frame 56 when I'm doing only 11 chats? Subtracting all 11 chats would leave me at frame 73.

I'm trying to RNG a wild Solosis on Route 16. There are moving NPCs there so I know they're throwing me off. My starting PID frame is 45. The Solosis I'm going for is on frame 56. After 11 chats, I've encountered the same female Careful Trubbish, so from what RNGReporter tells me, I'm hitting frame 84. How can I hit frame 56 when I'm doing only 11 chats? Subtracting all 11 chats would leave me at frame 73.
Can you post the seed please? If you have verified that you are hitting your seed, then you can try re-saving to put the NPCs in a different place that will hopefully be better. But if there is that much NPC activity, you may need a seed with a higher target PID.

Can you post the seed please? If you have verified that you are hitting your seed, then you can try re-saving to put the NPCs in a different place that will hopefully be better. But if there is that much NPC activity, you may need a seed with a higher target PID.
That's what I was thinking as well.

My seed is B39BA09B3F4E8A95. There is another Quiet Solosis with Magic Guard on frame 150. Maybe I should try that instead.

The IVs are based off of the PID frame. It's a little different from stationaries in that regard but still pretty simple.

O_o So if I find a 31/0/31/31/31/31 spread with a Bold nature on IV frame 1. Is the nature locked in with those ivs or I can change it with the PIDRNG? I couldn't find any info on this. I'm sure it is easily accessible but I haven't looked in the right place yet.

O_o So if I find a 31/0/31/31/31/31 spread with a Bold nature on IV frame 1. Is the nature locked in with those ivs or I can change it with the PIDRNG? I couldn't find any info on this. I'm sure it is easily accessible but I haven't looked in the right place yet.
In gen 5, the RNG's for nature/ability/shininess was separated from IVs. so no, the nature is not locked with the IVs and you can advance the PIDRNG to get w/e nature you want.

It can go backwards when dealing with roamers.

Not quite. It depends on your IVs. Sure Alert to Sounds means remainder=3 is a possibility but if you have imperfect HP/Atk/Def/ like MeGaMaN X then 0, 1 and 2 will also be possibilities. It would be so much easier if you guys had one of these HP Ice spreads: 31/30/30/31/31/31 or 30/31/30/31/31/31. All those Alert to sounds are not very helpful. :|

Tesseraction has a post explaining the PID%6 method.

462 & 463 are both Modest (15) and Alert to sounds (3). One of them is probably your starting frame (not 474). Take it from there. Try to go for your target frame. If you miss it figure out where you're landing and adjust. keep doing that until you get your roamer.
Alright I'll give it a go. 1350 chatters here I come.

In gen 5, the RNG's for nature/ability/shininess was separated from IVs. so no, the nature is not locked with the IVs and you can advance the PIDRNG to get w/e nature you want.
Yeah, I'm familiar with captures and breeding but do I use the standard 'Method 5 PIDRNG' option in RNG Reporter, where should I look for my starting frame (60ish?), and why does it pull up a nature when I search for a seed?

Route 9 has Duosion and no WNPCs. Try route 9 instead.

It's completely PIDRNG-based. There's no IVRNG involved. Your starting frame is your "Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame" not frame 1. Search Min=55 and max frame=whatever you want. Take it from there.

Yeah, I'm familiar with captures and breeding but do I use the standard 'Method 5 PIDRNG' option in RNG Reporter, where should I look for my starting frame (60ish?), and why does it pull up a nature when I search for a seed?
The method is Wondercards (5th Gen). Same method in the time finder and main window.

Alright I'll give it a go. 1350 chatters here I come.
1350 chatters??? lol, you really should've RNG'd your ID/SID. :|
Anyways, good luck with that.

oh sorry I didnt read your question above (about wondercards) lol. I thought you were just asking about a normal RNG. ignore my reply :D

Route 9 has Duosion and no WNPCs. Try route 9 instead.

It's completely PIDRNG-based. There's no IVRNG involved. Your starting frame is your "Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame" not frame 1. Search Min=55 and max frame=whatever you want. Take it from there.

The method is Wondercards (5th Gen). Same method in the time finder and main window.

1350 chatters??? lol, you really should've RNG'd your ID/SID. :|
Anyways, good luck with that.
I should've, I was going to when I first time I got the game, but I figured it was useless since I didn't care for lower frame at the time.

Yeah, but all I get is 30/HP number/30/31/31/31 spreads xD

For wondercard abuse, is there just your seed and no PID frame or can you advance them just like with stationary legends?
Did you check out:

BW RNG Manipulation Guide Part 6 - Receiving Perfect Wondercard Pokemon
By Kaphotics.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part6

Which Wondercard are you RNGing?

The Zoruark one has a fixed nature. They are all quirky (and non-shiny). However the Mewtwo one doesn't appear to have a fixed nature.

The wondercard setting in Reporter puts you on the right IV frame automatically to just pick up your pokemon. When you choose your frame range on that setting, you are choosing your PIDRNG frames.

With the Zoruark wondercards, I found there were so many seeds, (I picked up 2, a 31/30/30/31/31/31 and a 31/31/31/31/31/31,) there was no need to change the time on my DSs. I just chose one in the near future, turned of the DS and turned it back on at the right time. - Which meant it didn't stuff up my dream world use. I was using 3 keypresses of course to get so many.

Did you check out:

BW RNG Manipulation Guide Part 6 - Receiving Perfect Wondercard Pokemon
By Kaphotics.
http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/bw_rng_part6

Which Wondercard are you RNGing?

The Zoruark one has a fixed nature. They are all quirky (and non-shiny). However the Mewtwo one doesn't appear to have a fixed nature.

The wondercard setting in Reporter puts you on the right IV frame automatically to just pick up your pokemon. When you choose your frame range on that setting, you are choosing your PIDRNG frames.

With the Zoruark wondercards, I found there were so many seeds, (I picked up 2, a 31/30/30/31/31/31 and a 31/31/31/31/31/31,) there was no need to change the time on my DSs. I just chose one in the near future, turned of the DS and turned it back on at the right time. - Which meant it didn't stuff up my dream world use. I was using 3 keypresses of course to get so many.
No, I didn't know where to look for the guide. I was RNGing the event Mewtwo. Mr. Hitmontop cleared everything up for me and then it was a piece of cake. Well, except for finding a seed. My R button is broken and every seed I found for a couple hours needed it. But I finally got it. Thank you for making sure I understood. I was awfully perplexed earlier. :p

No, I didn't know where to look for the guide. I was RNGing the event Mewtwo. Mr. Hitmontop cleared everything up for me and then it was a piece of cake. Well, except for finding a seed. My R button is broken and every seed I found for a couple hours needed it. But I finally got it. Thank you for making sure I understood. I was awfully perplexed earlier. :p
Glad it worked. I'm looking forward to getting that Mewtwo. My Japanese game is on a flash though and I haven't even tried getting parameters on that yet. I have a legal one too but, for some unexplainable reason, Nintendo made that in Japanese . . .

I figure when explaining RNGing, better to explain too much than too little, for the sake of the quiet lurkers who don't ask for themselves.

Hey guys, i'm trying to calibrate my (phat)DS to be able to RNG in 5th gen. I am experienced in 4th gen abuse, however want to begin abusing in 5th gen.

I am using an R4 flashcart, so far i have gathered that I need to check if my cart has usable parameters.

So I have checked at a specific time (4:25:25 PM) to see if i get the same pokemon occuring. However i get 2 different pokemon for the same time. This occurs somewhat an even amount of times. I tried a few more times, and went with the IVs of the pokemon that i got a few times in a row.

I did the same for time 4:50:25 PM. And the same thing happened, and i picked the one that i was getting in a row.

I stretched the parameters for my search very wide:
Seconds: 0-99
VCount: 00-ff
Timer0: b00-dff
GxStat: 5-7
VFrame: 0-1f

To no avail. I found results, yes, but none of the results from the 4:25:25 PM IVs matched the results from the 4:50:25 PM IVs.

I've been at this for around 3 days now, and i am hoping for some help in how else i can narrow down my parameters... :|

Hey guys=D I tried to breed a scraggy to hav IV of 31/31/31/X/31/31. however the results i got is 31/28-31/27-31/x/22-26/21-26. I got this calculation from RNG. i rare candy it to lvl 18. thats all the rare candy i have.. my female parent scraggy has perfect IV but my male parents IVs are not RNGed so its nth good.

But when I choose my target I made sure I only chose those that will take the IV from the female scraggy. It seems I hit my seed but only problem is the IV.. Any idea?=D

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy

I got this:

Any ideas?
It looks like you need Chatots with a custom chatter. The NPCs will continue to advance your frame a bit in between saves. After 22 that will add up. It's really weird that you're getting the same inheritance as you're aiming for though since I don't see another instance like it until frame 232.
lol, I'm saved inside the daycare. Not outside. :p That's what I'm saying though, I don't see any inheritance like that anywhere near frames 72/74. However, if my parents were NOT international, I could see how I would get the last 3 IVs inherited PLUS not shiny, BUT I am 110% certain that my Male is from my Japanese cart and my Female is from my English cart. They have the correct IDs. Has anyone else experienced something like this?

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
lol, I'm saved inside the daycare. Not outside. :p That's what I'm saying though, I don't see any inheritance like that anywhere near frames 72/74. However, if my parents were NOT international, I could see how I would get the last 3 IVs inherited PLUS not shiny, BUT I am 110% certain that my Male is from my Japanese cart and my Female is from my English cart. They have the correct IDs. Has anyone else experienced something like this?
Not going to touch on the other matters, but you should never save inside the daycare. Always save in front of the man when he's holding an egg.

Not going to touch on the other matters, but you should never save inside the daycare. Always save in front of the man when he's holding an egg.
I'd be interested to know why it doesn't work.

The first instructions I read on breeding said to save inside the daycare, and I tried that, advancing with Chatots, but could never get the right frame and gave up. When I tried again I saved outside in front of the man, and everything went swimmingly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)