5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It's odd because I've been saved inside the daycare since we started tinkering with the RNG. I've always been able to find what frame I was located on by hatching a few eggs with sequential advancements and then finding where those PIDs/Natures were on the list, even when it came to situations where, like, I had a parent with the wrong nature, so I looked down the list and did X saves to get to Y frame to get Z nature. But for some reason I don't seem to be able to find where I am on this particular seed. I think I'll try another one.

Route 9 has Duosion and no WNPCs. Try route 9 instead.

It's completely PIDRNG-based. There's no IVRNG involved. Your starting frame is your "Calculated Initial PIDRNG Frame" not frame 1. Search Min=55 and max frame=whatever you want. Take it from there.

The method is Wondercards (5th Gen). Same method in the time finder and main window.

1350 chatters??? lol, you really should've RNG'd your ID/SID. :|
Anyways, good luck with that.
Didn't know that. Thanks for this. I'll try Route 9 and it'll be much easier.

Is the event Zoroark considered a Stationary Pokémon as far as the RNG Reporter is concerned, or does that little "hop out and attack" event advance the RNG?

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So I tried a new seed aaaaaaand....

Shiny Egg Seeds:
63BC7E7BF30E09CE PIDF:52/53 Everstone Ability:1 DW 31/31/31/31/31/31 06/09/11 01:48:15 None
flawless, international parents
ID: 19317
SID: 31653
Frame 8: 31/31/29/6/31/9

1) (shadow 2 frames above fence post tip) relaxed 31 31 29 6 31 31 marv Female (frame 51, expected range, but not shiny)
2) (shadow 2 frames above fence post tip) jolly 31 18 31 27 31 23 marv Female (not my seed)
3) (edge of shadow touching horiz fence) relaxed 31 31 29 6 31 31 marv Female (frame 51, expected range, but not shiny)
4) (edge of shadow touching horizontal part of fence) jolly 31 18 31 27 31 23 marv Female (not my seed)
5) (body 2 frames above fence post tip) jolly 31 18 31 27 31 23 marv Female (not my seed)
If you put that seed in your reporter you'll see that frame 51 should be shiny. But it's not.

...?

I guess I'll try completely different international parents, but I'm 100% sure where both my parents came from. Does anyone know of anything else that could make what should be a shiny egg come out not shiny? I haven't encountered this before.

If you put that seed in your reporter you'll see that frame 51 should be shiny. But it's not.

...?

I guess I'll try completely different international parents, but I'm 100% sure where both my parents came from. Does anyone know of anything else that could make what should be a shiny egg come out not shiny? I haven't encountered this before.
I'd like to know the cause of this too. I always assumed it was do to some king of mistake on my part and it likely was but I have international parents that I eventually had to use a non-international seed for.

@Mattj: Sorry I didn't mention that earlier but I didn't know you were accounting for the NPCs in a different way.

...?

Where both for the same country by mistake?
Also, if you didn't close the RNG reporter, after entering the ID/SID, and searched seeds, it won't work.
Edit: This are things you know IMO.

Alrighty. So I am trying to breed a Timid, special flawless Deino(non-shiny). I have been trying to get one for 2 days now, for hours, and have no luck. I am not sure if my starting PID is wrong, or am I hitting the wrong seed or something. Here is the info for anyone who wants to help a fellow guy out. Oh yeah, I'm using PPRNG, the Mac version of PRNG.

Date: 2011/09/29
TID: 49008
Timer0: C7C Vcount: 60 VFrame: 6
Mac Address: 00-17-AB-A7-2A-14
DS: DS Lite
Version: Black
Seed: 18CC9BEF49286CA0
Everstone: Yes
International Parents: No

Parents:
Deino(F): 17/24/31/25/10/18
Deino(M): 30/14/31/31/31/18

Okay, so I think my Starting PID is 52, but I am not sure. I am trying to hit number 56, which has the following information:

PID: 8FEED228
Nature: <ES>
IVs: 31/18/31/31/31/31
HP DRAGON - 70
Characteristic: Mischievious

To sum it up, I need help confirming my Starting PID, and how many chatters to do, or anything else to help me hit my proper Frame. Also, on a side note, I keep getting random Deino's which aren't even on the list. For example, on with Hidden Power FIRE, when Fire isnt even in the list...

Alrighty. So I am trying to breed a Timid, special flawless Deino(non-shiny). I have been trying to get one for 2 days now, for hours, and have no luck. I am not sure if my starting PID is wrong, or am I hitting the wrong seed or something. Here is the info for anyone who wants to help a fellow guy out. Oh yeah, I'm using PPRNG, the Mac version of PRNG.

Date: 2011/09/29
TID: 49008
Timer0: C7C Vcount: 60 VFrame: 6
Mac Address: 00-17-AB-A7-2A-14
DS: DS Lite
Version: Black
Seed: 18CC9BEF49286CA0
Everstone: Yes
International Parents: No

Parents:
Deino(F): 17/24/31/25/10/18
Deino(M): 30/14/31/31/31/18

Okay, so I think my Starting PID is 52, but I am not sure. I am trying to hit number 56, which has the following information:

PID: 8FEED228
Nature: <ES>
IVs: 31/18/31/31/31/31
HP DRAGON - 70
Characteristic: Mischievious

To sum it up, I need help confirming my Starting PID, and how many chatters to do, or anything else to help me hit my proper Frame. Also, on a side note, I keep getting random Deino's which aren't even on the list. For example, on with Hidden Power FIRE, when Fire isnt even in the list...
Frame 56 inherits its HP/Atk/Def from the female. This means it would be 17/24/31/seed/seed/seed not 31/18/31/31/31/31. You need to find a frame where you get your desired nature and you inherit the right ivs. Frame 55 looks good as it inherits the three 31s from the father. (I'm assuming your seed has 31/x/31/31/31/31)

EDIT: After looking at the PID you listed, I assume you meant frame 55 all along. If so, you need to check the ivs of the poke you hatch when you look for your starting frame and compare them to your PID list. If they match frame 52 (17/24/seed/31/seed/seed), then it's just a matter of hitting your seed again and chatoting three times. If it doesn't match any of the frames in that area, you have a seed problem rather than a PID problem.

Frame 56 has IVs of: 31/18/31/31/31/31. The Hp, Atk, and Def are not inherited from female. The Mother doesn't have those IVs.
I don't have the Mac version but that shouldn't change what frames are what. Frame 56 shows as 7BBD8E72 and inherits HP/Atk/Def from the female which you listed as 17/24/31. Frame 55 shows to be the seed you listed and inherits Def/SpA/SpD from the male. Can you give me the details for the pokemon that you hatched when looking for your starting frame? With that, I should be able to tell either the PID you are hitting or that you're missing your seed regardless of whether we have a numeric discrepancy.

EDIT: I am not very familiar with PPRNG but a screen shot might help.

Oh now I see what is happening. The frame "56" that you are talking about, is frame 57 on my Mac. And the frame 55 that you are talking about is 56 on my Mac, lol. It looks like you are 1 frame behind me.

My recent hatchings had IV's of: 31/x/31/31/31/x

I am not sure about the IVs of Atk and Spd, as I used the guy at the Subway station. The HP was Psychic, 70, and was Mischievous. On my Mac it is Frame 54, and is seed 84C8B522.

EDIT: How do I take a screenshot?

Oh now I see what is happening. The frame "56" that you are talking about, is frame 57 on my Mac. And the frame 55 that you are talking about is 56 on my Mac, lol. It looks like you are 1 frame behind me.

My recent hatchings had IV's of: 31/x/31/31/31/x

I am not sure about the IVs of Atk and Spd, as I used the guy at the Subway station. The HP was Psychic, 70, and was Mischievous. On my Mac it is Frame 54, and is seed 84C8B522.

EDIT: How do I take a screenshot?
It looks like you know where you're at (you did go to the menu before picking up the egg, yes?). The ivs are 31/18/31/31/31/18 (I checked to make sure that those ivs were HP Psychic 70) so you are just two frames shy of your target. Do exactly what you just did but add in two chatters. I'm pretty sure I'm just telling you what you already know at this point. :p

Hmmm...looks like you are right. But, I just did it again with an added two chatters, and still ended up with the same Deino. The on with HP Psychic.

Hmmm...looks like you are right. But, I just did it again with an added two chatters, and still ended up with the same Deino. The on with HP Psychic.
What gender was it? There is a frame 3 past your target frame that has the same ivs as your starting frame but it is male instead of female.

It was Female. I am pretty sure. I decided to do 4 chatters this time, and ended up with a Modest Deino. A Female one. There is no Modest, Female Deino anywhere near my seed.

Yes I checked the IV's. It was 31/x/31/31/31/x

I am pretty sure. I probably missed my Timer0 as you said. I will try again with 4 chatters.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 20)