5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Woohoo! Big thanks for the help, and to all the people who made the guides here. I just successfully hatched my shiny Adamant 29/30/30/2/29/31 Dream World Dratini. :)

You're not missing anything, it's a known bug in RNG Reporter's 5th gen shiny egg finder.

To fix it, just enter the correct ID/SID combo in the main window of RNG Reporter, close RNG Reporter, and open it again. Then the time finder should work correctly! =]
Thanks for this, wasted three hours of my life with this same issue as the person above. Ugh...

Hey I was just wondering for RNG breeding with genderless pokemon, when RNG reporter gives results, which is the female iv nature passer, and which is the male?

Thanks for this, wasted three hours of my life with this same issue as the person above. Ugh...
Lol, I actually vaguely remember a similar issue with it a long time ago in the fourth generation involving simply reloading the program after changing the IDs. Just glad I found out about it here. :)

Quick question regarding Chatot and advancing frames... does the frame advance the moment Chatot's custom chatter STARTS playing, or is it at some other point? I assume it's when it starts, but I'd like to know exactly when so I don't start speeding up my counting and losing frames accidentally (right now I'm waiting for the whole clip to play).

Hey I was just wondering for RNG breeding with genderless pokemon, when RNG reporter gives results, which is the female iv nature passer, and which is the male?
Ditto is the female and the genderless pokemon is the male, Iirc. :]

Quick question regarding Chatot and advancing frames... does the frame advance the moment Chatot's custom chatter STARTS playing, or is it at some other point? I assume it's when it starts, but I'd like to know exactly when so I don't start speeding up my counting and losing frames accidentally (right now I'm waiting for the whole clip to play).
From my experience, the PID frame advancement happens right when you hit the Chatot's summary screen, so you don't have to wait. I've done lots of 5th gen. RNG and I've never had a problem where I lost frame advancements from flipping the summary screen to fast :)

From my experience, the PID frame advancement happens right when you hit the Chatot's summary screen, so you don't have to wait. I've done lots of 5th gen. RNG and I've never had a problem where I lost frame advancements from flipping the summary screen to fast :)
Awesome thanks, puts my mind at ease. :p

Has anyone tips on standard seed abuseing with keypress combo/combos?
Like, when to press a certain key, for how long and etc, etc..
Thanks in advance!

As long as you're already holding the button down when you select the game, it should be fine. Generally I hold it down right from when the warning screen comes up.

You have to hold it until the Game Freak logo starts coming (at least) but you can hold it for a bit longer if you wish.

The actual timing of when you start the game is a bit weird (depending on how nice your DS is to you) - sometimes you'll need to hit your target in the first half, sometimes in the second half to get the right seed.

For example: You are aiming to start the game at 9:15:00, through experimentation you find this works best between 9:15:00.00 and 9:15:00.50, whereas for the other seed that had target time of 9:00:00 worked better between 9:15:00.50 and 9:15:00.99.

That may have confused you, but I hope it helps a bit at least :x

As long as you're already holding the button down when you select the game, it should be fine. Generally I hold it down right from when the warning screen comes up.

You have to hold it until the Game Freak logo starts coming (at least) but you can hold it for a bit longer if you wish.

The actual timing of when you start the game is a bit weird (depending on how nice your DS is to you) - sometimes you'll need to hit your target in the first half, sometimes in the second half to get the right seed.

For example: You are aiming to start the game at 9:15:00, through experimentation you find this works best between 9:15:00.00 and 9:15:00.50, whereas for the other seed that had target time of 9:00:00 worked better between 9:15:00.50 and 9:15:00.99.

First of all, thanks. Like NeoFred, I'm also interested in using keypresses, but I was wanting to find some clues about them.

So, should I hold the keypresses of my seed, from the first DS screen ("Touch the screen to continue"), press A to start the game, and keep holding the keypresses until the Game Freak logo animation finishes?

What changes about time (I have a 1 second delay in "actual seconds") and Timer0, precisely?

if I RNG Tornadus IVs correctly, meet it and not catch it, will the nature change when encountered for the next time or will it remain the same as when first met? Need an answer ASAP, thanks in advance.

thanks, bearsfan092!

Are there moving NPCs on Route 18? If so, is there a place to catch Dwebble/Crustle that doesn't have moving NPCs?
Why don't you check yourself for WNPCs? If you can't predict how the NPC will move then it will advance the frame. On Route 18 there are a lot of trainers so there most likely is at least one WNPC.

But try going to the Desert Resort entrance, since Iirc there's no WNPCs there.

Thank you very, very much!
*Goes to search for keypress seeds :3*

I have another quick question, regarding advancing the IV frame (trying to catch myself a flawless Ditto right now). Is everything that's listed in the guides (withdrawing a pokemon, 128 steps, entering a battle) the ONLY things that will advance the IV frame? And maybe more importantly, the 128 step counter starts from 0 every time you load the game, correct? Or does that counter somehow save itself with the game save?

In depth reason for my question: I found my perfect spread's seed, and planned on using the PC in Lacunosa Town, so I saved right in front of it. Hit the seed, did 34 box advances, and from here I need to advance 4 more frames, so with 4 pokemon in my party I left for Giant Chasm, taking the exact same route each time. I counted the steps out there before I started, it was approximately 210 from the PC to the patch of grass (using a regular repel in the cave to avoid battle). This all worked dandy, I hit my seed successfully two times and got a flawless IV Piloswine and Clefairy, and I figured I mind as well save them so I flew back to town, saved and repeated. My confusion came on my last try, because I'm 99% sure I did the exact same route, but somehow ended up on a frame exactly 4 too far, which I would expect if I took over 256 steps (which is around 40-50 extra :/). At first I assumed I just missed the seed, but the IVs came out to match frame 247 exactly, and 243 is my target. O.o

Edit: Just occurred to me, does turning count a step? I didn't think it did but maybe that's what did it? :O I can get around the problem easily by just halving the pokemon I carry out with me (and that worked just now), but I'm very curious as to the inner workings of what's going on. :)

On the RNG Reporter how do I upload and save my MAC address? N00b Question Alert ^__^
I believe you only put it in when you do the parameters, under the button DS Parameter's Search. It's one of the items in there, it saves all of those parameters after you finish.

Or under the Time Finder, "5th Gen DS Parameters Setup" tab, you can put it in there too. I'm not an expert though, someone might give you better info. :p

I have another quick question, regarding advancing the IV frame (trying to catch myself a flawless Ditto right now). Is everything that's listed in the guides (withdrawing a pokemon, 128 steps, entering a battle) the ONLY things that will advance the IV frame? And maybe more importantly, the 128 step counter starts from 0 every time you load the game, correct? Or does that counter somehow save itself with the game save?

In depth reason for my question: I found my perfect spread's seed, and planned on using the PC in Lacunosa Town, so I saved right in front of it. Hit the seed, did 34 box advances, and from here I need to advance 4 more frames, so with 4 pokemon in my party I left for Giant Chasm, taking the exact same route each time. I counted the steps out there before I started, it was approximately 210 from the PC to the patch of grass (using a regular repel in the cave to avoid battle). This all worked dandy, I hit my seed successfully two times and got a flawless IV Piloswine and Clefairy, and I figured I mind as well save them so I flew back to town, saved and repeated. My confusion came on my last try, because I'm 99% sure I did the exact same route, but somehow ended up on a frame exactly 4 too far, which I would expect if I took over 256 steps (which is around 40-50 extra :/). At first I assumed I just missed the seed, but the IVs came out to match frame 247 exactly, and 243 is my target. O.o

Edit: Just occurred to me, does turning count a step? I didn't think it did but maybe that's what did it? :O I can get around the problem easily by just halving the pokemon I carry out with me (and that worked just now), but I'm very curious as to the inner workings of what's going on. :)
The Step Counter doesn't reset once you save, so if you were at 127 steps when you saved you'll be at 127 when you start again. I'm guessing that since you resaved because you kept those pokemon, your step counter saved at a number close to 128 and on the way to Giant Chasm it advanced twice instead of once.

So I would walk around about like 100 steps or something, and then save. And try again :)

The Step Counter doesn't reset once you save, so if you were at 127 steps when you saved you'll be at 127 when you start again. I'm guessing that since you resaved because you kept those pokemon, your step counter saved at a number close to 128 and on the way to Giant Chasm it advanced twice instead of once.

So I would walk around about like 100 steps or something, and then save. And try again :)
AHA! That makes sense then. Thanks a bunch for the info again. :)

When breeding, Ditto is always considered the female, right (meaning that the inheritance that RNG Reporter lists as from the female will be from Ditto, and the inheritance that it lists as from the male will come from the OTHER parent, regardless of whether it is male or female)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)