5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Okay, new problem: my Shiny egg Finder on my Desktop won't find seeds for me. At all.
It does on my laptop. They're using the exact same stats/keypresses/configs/etc.

Okay, new problem: my Shiny egg Finder on my Desktop won't find seeds for me. At all.
It does on my laptop. They're using the exact same stats/keypresses/configs/etc.
Input your SID/ID, close RNG reporter, and then reopen it. It should work then.

I'm RNGing for another Scraggy, this time, Shiny & Careful natured.
Now, when I hit my seed, a storm is in the area. (Tornadus)
I try to time my frame regardless, but every time it comes up different?
Is Tornadus's storm affecting my RNG?

I'm RNGing for another Scraggy, this time, Shiny & Careful natured.
Now, when I hit my seed, a storm is in the area. (Tornadus)
I try to time my frame regardless, but every time it comes up different?
Is Tornadus's storm affecting my RNG?
Yes, the roamer is affecting your SSF. Check the roamer box on the front page of RNG Reporter and click "Calculate Starting Frame" and look within the 4-6 frames from what reporter gives you.

Yes, the roamer is affecting your SSF. Check the roamer box on the front page of RNG Reporter and click "Calculate Starting Frame" and look within the 4-6 frames from what reporter gives you.
Alright, I tried that.
Starting frame of 52 (was 51 before).
I Chatter 88 times.
When I hatch the egg, it's a Docile Scraggy, Female with Moxie.
My target frame is 140.
The closest Docile frame is 142, but that frame has Shed Skin.
There are no other Docile frames.
My initial seed is off? >_<

Alright, I tried that.
Starting frame of 52 (was 51 before).
I Chatter 88 times.
When I hatch the egg, it's a Docile Scraggy, Female with Moxie.
My target frame is 140.
The closest Docile frame is 142, but that frame has Shed Skin.
There are no other Docile frames.
My initial seed is off? >_<
Sometimes it gets the abilities wrong. I ran into the same issue. Just do 2 less chatters and hit the target.

Sometimes it gets the abilities wrong. I ran into the same issue. Just do 2 less chatters and hit the target.
Got a bashful male with Moxie. Closest Bashful frames are 119 &

When ever I do it winds up super screwy.
I think Tornadus is throwing this waaaaaaaay off.

Maybe I'll just Master Ball Tornadus and see if that fixes it?

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion

Yeah get rid of Tornadus and your frames might stop being so screwy.

Just kill it off and use a rebattle code later.

EDIT: Ninja'd

You know your Gengar is OP when it can one shot Tornadus with a Focus Blast. >_o

Works perfectly! Thank you for your help!
(I didn't want to change seeds because I have another Scrafty on the same day as this seed. So they're twins. :D )

Hi, I don't know if it's just me and I couldn't find anything about this but I found out that if I press the needed key-presses too fast right after pressing "A" to start the game I won't hit the seed. I find out that I need delay the key-presses to right after booting the game where the screen is white to hit my seed.

rng wild pokemon

im new at this rng stuff so don't bash me if i say something stupid:D i what to catch a rng ditto with maxed ivs so i can use for breeding can you choose what wild pokemon you face?

Goog morning.
im trying to breed a modest litwick with perfect iv's.
neither the litwick or my ditto are in the daycare right now.
i attempted to find my ds parameters using RNG Reporter 9.81.
i started the game from the ds title screen on November 15, 2011 at 7:45:30.
i did not press any buttons until the start screen.
i immediately started in victory road and caught a lvl 37 durant with an iv range between 6/7/31/29/26/31 and 8/9/31/31/28/31.
im playing a Black(English) on a DS Lite with a MAC address of E84ECEEACCC3.
i did a search and got

ACTUAL SECONDS:31
VCOUNT: 60
TIMER0: C7C
GXSTAT:6
VFRAME:6
SEED: 80DE4DFAA2153F24

what do i do now in order to get the modest perfect iv litwick?

im new at this rng stuff so don't bash me if i say something stupid:D i what to catch a rng ditto with maxed ivs so i can use for breeding can you choose what wild pokemon you face?
yes you can; they're called encounter slots. I'd recommend you read the guides before trying to RNG.

Question - If I calibrated on my Black version and now I buy a White version and play on the same DS, do I have to recalibrate? (this is for standard seed abuse)

ty!

Goog morning.
im trying to breed a modest litwick with perfect iv's.
neither the litwick or my ditto are in the daycare right now.
i attempted to find my ds parameters using RNG Reporter 9.81.
i started the game from the ds title screen on November 15, 2011 at 7:45:30.
i did not press any buttons until the start screen.
i immediately started in victory road and caught a lvl 37 durant with an iv range between 6/7/31/29/26/31 and 8/9/31/31/28/31.
im playing a Black(English) on a DS Lite with a MAC address of E84ECEEACCC3.
i did a search and got

ACTUAL SECONDS:31
VCOUNT: 60
TIMER0: C7C
GXSTAT:6
VFRAME:6
SEED: 80DE4DFAA2153F24

what do i do now in order to get the modest perfect iv litwick?
Well the good thing is you found your parameters correctly!

But your question can't be answered, it's not specific enough. Read the guide first before asking.

I have a question regarding the Entralink guide.

A few times during the guide, save states were mentioned:

"If you have access to those handy dandy save states at this point, it’s recommended that you make a save state after hitting each Delay but before capturing the Pokemon, as you can simply reload the state and go directly to step 15 if you discover you’ve hit the right delay."

"And that’s about it. Yeah, it’s tedious to Entralink RNG on a DS without AR especially when compared to Standard Seed abuse, but it’s totally possible so don’t give up!"

I have an Action Replay DSi and am unsure how to create a save state once I have warped to the Entralink. Obviously save states would make matters way easier, so I would really like to know how to go about doing this. I realize the DSi has a slot for a MicroSD card, which is utilized for save states. I'm just wondering where to begin. Are save states only possible with emulators like DeSmuMe?

If this is an inappropriate question for the thread, just PM to discuss. I'm not trying to crowd this thread with Action Replay questions. Simply curious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm more than happy to do some RNGing for you in return (4th or 5th Gen).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)