5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The PID frame never starts below about 40, and if you did 128 steps it was probably closer to 300 or so. You might want to go back to the guide and look through that section again, because it doesn't seem like you've quite gotten it.

how do you catch a maxed wild pokemon not stationary? im trying to catch a maxed ditto for breeding. is their a way to choose what pokemon you can catch? as ive read the smogon guides and they breifly mention encounter slots but they don't say how catch a specific wild pokemon with maxed ivs.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
how do you catch a maxed wild pokemon not stationary? im trying to catch a maxed ditto for breeding. is their a way to choose what pokemon you can catch? as ive read the smogon guides and they breifly mention encounter slots but they don't say how catch a specific wild pokemon with maxed ivs.
http://www.eggmove.com/encounterblack.html and http://www.eggmove.com/encounterwhite.html list the slots. Find a PID frame with the encounter slot you want, and use Chatot to advance to it. If you're trying to catch Ditto, you'll need to remove the fog first so you can Sweet Scent. Do you know how to do that?

If you're in an area with wandering NPCs, if you hit your target time (non c-gear abuse) and your target is on the 1st frame, if you go into your party before an NPC has a chance to move and Sweet Scent straight away will you hit your target?

If you're in an area with wandering NPCs, if you hit your target time (non c-gear abuse) and your target is on the 1st frame, if you go into your party before an NPC has a chance to move and Sweet Scent straight away will you hit your target?
You will hit your target if you SS before the NPCs move.

Are you talking about your target IV frame, or target PID frame? I think you're talking about the IVs.

NPCs don't advance the IV frame, so it doesn't matter when you use sweet scent if your target frame is 1. NPCs only effect the PID RNG (Nature, gender, ability, shinyness, encounter slot). If you were talking about PID RNG, you'll hit your target if you SS before the NPCs move.

Edit: Ninja'd :p

Thanks! The NPCs must have moved before I SSed, the Pokemon I caught had odd IVs. I'll try it again.
The NPCs don't effect the IVs. If you got the wrong IVs that means you missed your timer0, it has nothing to do with the NPCs. Just keep trying and you'll get your timer0 soon :)

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Also note that NPCs can move while the season screen is still up, so it's pretty much guaranteed that there will be a few frame advances before you can get control.

For standard RNG when the guides say you cannot use AR, do they mean during the process or anytime? So, for example, could I use AR Fast hatch code after RNG for the egg itself?

For standard RNG when the guides say you cannot use AR, do they mean during the process or anytime? So, for example, could I use AR Fast hatch code after RNG for the egg itself?
Yes, you can use it after. AR messes with the seeding during the process.

Just during the process. But, you can't really use the Fast hatch code after you RNG the egg, because after you pick up the egg from the DC you don't know if it has the right IVs/Nature, so you'd have to hatch the egg before you save and turn off the DS to put the AR in.

Just during the process. But, you can't really use the Fast hatch code after you RNG the egg, because after you pick up the egg from the DC you don't know if it has the right IVs/Nature, so you'd have to hatch the egg before you save and turn off the DS to put the AR in.
He can hatch and confirm the IVs/Nature the first time, and then use the AR when you RNG it again.

EDIT: You can check your seed by doing the same movements and remembering the exact spot you encounter the wild pokemon.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
After several months, RNG Reporter 9.9 is finally out!

- FINALLY Added: DSi\3DS support for English and Japanese versions. Other language support coming soon!
- Added: Colosseum\XD support in IVs to Seed
- Added: option for non-shiny eggs in 5th Gen egg search
- Added: Characteristic display for Method 5 PIDRNG (also known as the PID%6 method)
- Added: support for 5th gen swarm encounter type
- Improved: Shiny egg finder informs user if parents do not have IVs to produce desired results
- Fixed: DS MAC Address field no longer greys out if non-5th gen method selected
- Fixed: 5th gen seed prediction now works correctly for Black Version (Korean)
- Fixed: Progress bar in Time Finder no longer inaccurate for 2+ keypresses
- Fixed: 4th Gen shiny egg finder calculates lower half of seed correctly now
- Fixed: Pandora’s Box now has Korean version option (5th Gen)

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
After several months, RNG Reporter 9.9 is finally out!

- FINALLY Added: DSi\3DS support for English and Japanese versions. Other language support coming soon!
- Added: Colosseum\XD support in IVs to Seed
- Added: option for non-shiny eggs in 5th Gen egg search
- Added: Characteristic display for Method 5 PIDRNG (also known as the PID%6 method)
- Added: support for 5th gen swarm encounter type
- Improved: Shiny egg finder informs user if parents do not have IVs to produce desired results
- Fixed: DS MAC Address field no longer greys out if non-5th gen method selected
- Fixed: 5th gen seed prediction now works correctly for Black Version (Korean)
- Fixed: Progress bar in Time Finder no longer inaccurate for 2+ keypresses
- Fixed: 4th Gen shiny egg finder calculates lower half of seed correctly now
- Fixed: Pandora’s Box now has Korean version option (5th Gen)
Thank god, you should probably update this →http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3670200&postcount=3

Now for Entralink Abuse, Does moving a pokemon to the deepest/forest clearing advance the IVRNG as well as the initial talking?

Hi all, I see you added standard seed abuse for the DSi/3DS... I'm into RNG breeding using my DSlite, but I am curious to see how it works on my DSiXL. The only problem I'm running into is that the DSi has no second hand... is there any way around this? Or do I just need to count the seconds? Thanks for the great program!

I'm having an issue with getting the new update to work. Every time I open it up, an unhandled exception alert came up. What can I do to resolve the issue?

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Hi all, I see you added standard seed abuse for the DSi/3DS... I'm into RNG breeding using my DSlite, but I am curious to see how it works on my DSiXL. The only problem I'm running into is that the DSi has no second hand... is there any way around this? Or do I just need to count the seconds? Thanks for the great program!
Count the seconds or Synch with an external clock (recommended)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)