5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

No RS Breeding.
No Collo/XD without emu/ram hacking
Really? I was asking since I saw new features for them in RNG Reporter 9.93. I took my 3rd gen questions over to the "Most Gen" thread though. As for the 5th gen questions, if I understand correctly, I don't need to do anything new or different (other than selecting the right system under "DS type" and keeping track of seconds by synchronizing with an external clock) for a DSi/3DS, and a guide is currently being worked on for the abuse of PIDs of Entralink Pokémon, though it sounds like it will be difficult.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, so just encountered the largest problem I've had yet. I did everything perfectly, I know it. I was focused entirely on the whole process. I did my 172 chatters, then went fishing immediatly. Didn't take any steps or turns, and there are no WNPC at P2 Lab. But when I fished, nothing showed up. So I threw my reel again and caught the pokemon that showed up and compared it to the output on reporter. the pokemon I got was listed two frames after the one I aimed for. What's up with that?
I'm afraid this is a result of missing research. Every "not a nibble" frame listed in Reporter will always be a fishing failure, but some frames listed as successes will fail as well, depending on the area. A frame that's successful at Route 3 might be a failure in P2 Lab.

Fishing advances the RNG I think (to see if you catch something), try doing one less Chatter.
Technically true, but RNG Reporter handles the fishing check behind-the-scenes, so what you see is what you get. If you fish on frame 10, you'll get the Pokemon listed for frame 10.

When you get "Not even a nibble" I think the frame still advances.
Also true. If you fish on a frame that's listed as a failure in RNG Reporter, the advancement is +2. If you fish on a false positive frame (a frame listed as successful that's actually a failure), the advancement is +4.

No RS Breeding.

Goddammit, Tolan.

I seem to have run into a new Snag myself, I'm now trying to RNG a Golbat on Route 13, and as anyone that's played Black or/and White knows, Route 13 has WNPC's, now I'm using my method I mention before to discover what my SSF is, buuuuut, for some reason the Pokemon I encounter with Sweet Scent doesn't have any nature/ability/gender that matches any frame near the one that RNG Reporter has calculated and I have no clue what the heck is going on.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I seem to have run into a new Snag myself, I'm now trying to RNG a Golbat on Route 13, and as anyone that's played Black or/and White knows, Route 13 has WNPC's, now I'm using my method I mention before to discover what my SSF is, buuuuut, for some reason the Pokemon I encounter with Sweet Scent doesn't have any nature/ability/gender that matches any frame near the one that RNG Reporter has calculated and I have no clue what the heck is going on.
Did you check the IVs of the Pokemon to make sure you hit your seed in the first place?

that actually completely slipped my mind, so Ill go do that and report back with an update

Alright, none of the IV's were a match to any frames
as OD said before did you put your chatot back in the pc for a moment.?then you have to re-teach a chatter voice. right OD.
by the way if im going to rng a pokemon does turning advance the iv frame if so by how much.and does the frame go up when i step into a shaking spot (when rnging that spot) i mean does it count as a step?

I was just wondering, what do the drop down menus for IVs do (rngreporter 9.93)?
I know == Is just equal to
>= is greater than or equal to,
<= is less than or equal to,
but what is E, O and all the HP stuff? It is probably to do with hidden power, I would just like to know for certain. Thanks!

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
I was just wondering, what do the drop down menus for IVs do (rngreporter 9.93)?
I know == Is just equal to
>= is greater than or equal to,
<= is less than or equal to,
but what is E, O and all the HP stuff? It is probably to do with hidden power, I would just like to know for certain. Thanks!
The combination of Even\Odd determines Hidden Power type.
HP_E\HP_O picks numbers for a high-power Hidden Power.

There's a Bulbapedia article on the topic.

This question came about between PoJ and me. When using the DS Parameter/Simple Seed Generator to find the standard seed for your C-gear seed, does RNG Reporter take into accounts for +1 second between hitting the A button and the game going in?

Like if I entered the game at 11:58:xx and Eontimer give me 24:00 as it first timer. Should I use 24 or 25 for the seconds within the DS Parameter.

hey guys if im rnging a roamer i can verify whether i hit the seed by catching the roamer and matching its ivs with the iv frame 1 right.i chose a seed that my iv set is on frame 1

Question: I'm trying to RNG My Arceus. I hit my delay and seconds 3 times until now, and all the 3 times i got the same nature... It could be just a coincidence, or i'll always get the same nature on this specific delay/second?

Just coincidence, you won't get the same nature all the time. Try waiting a little longer before interacting with Arceus.

when i rng the roamer im sure im hitting the seed.and my speed of mashing A is constant.but i get different natures every time when i catch the roamer.and if i didnt hit the seed and do the above i always get the same nature for that wrong seed.why is that :(

Cassie

giant claw
when i rng the roamer im sure im hitting the seed.and my speed of mashing A is constant.but i get different natures every time when i catch the roamer.and if i didnt hit the seed and do the above i always get the same nature for that wrong seed.why is that :(
That is happening by luck. The natures of roamers are inconsistent during weather, so that's why you're getting a different one each time. As for hitting the same nature repeatedly, there may be many PIDs of that nature near one another, or you've hit the same PID again by chance.

That is happening by luck. The natures of roamers are inconsistent during weather, so that's why you're getting a different one each time. As for hitting the same nature repeatedly, there may be many PIDs of that nature near one another, or you've hit the same PID again by chance.
so if i need to hit a shiny frame what should i do. i have a shiny frame at 766
but when i find my shifted starting frame its 555 1st then when checking again by re hitting its 569.so how do i realize whats my real SSF.

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
so if i need to hit a shiny frame what should i do. i have a shiny frame at 766
but when i find my shifted starting frame its 555 1st then when checking again by re hitting its 569.so how do i realize whats my real SSF.
Well which roamer are you RNGing? Tornadus's starting frame is around 600-650 usually while Thundurus is around ~450, assuming there is no weather outside when you leave the house. For roamers, you never really know what your starting frame is due to how messed up rain is. If you want, I can help you with trying to RNG your roamer as I have some small experience, just VM or get on #smogonwifi for help

Well which roamer are you RNGing? Tornadus's starting frame is around 600-650 usually while Thundurus is around ~450, assuming there is no weather outside when you leave the house. For roamers, you never really know what your starting frame is due to how messed up rain is. If you want, I can help you with trying to RNG your roamer as I have some small experience, just VM or get on #smogonwifi for help
im rnging tornadus and in summer .so no weather except the heavy rain from tornados .and im new to smogon wifi when i load this people are there but no one is chating how do i contact you there i double clicked on your ""biosci" name there

please explain me this
when rnging the roamer ,
in summer(no weather)
if i donot advance the pid rng frame(chatot)
and sure that i hit the seed(after releasing and capturing)
shouldnt be the SFF be a fixed one for that seed.because the rain tornadus summons advance the frame by 60 per second and if the button smashing is also constant shouldnt it be the same?.but i always keep geting different frames

I found that I had just to hope I got the right nature instead of trying to control the wildly advancing PIDRNG. So just hit your seed in the house and hope you get the right nature when you encounter it...

I found that I had just to hope I got the right nature instead of trying to control the wildly advancing PIDRNG. So just hit your seed in the house and hope you get the right nature when you encounter it...
im going for a shiny so going for the right pid frame is a must right.and according to this video i should land on the same frame for a same seed
but why isnt mine :(
im sure im hitting the seed right but the shifted starting frame is different each time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vep3DTsjTzU&feature=player_embedded

im going for a shiny so going for the right pid frame is a must right.and according to this video i should land on the same frame for a same seed
but why isnt mine :(
im sure im hitting the seed right but the shifted starting frame is different each time
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vep3DTsjTzU&feature=player_embedded
Oh right, that makes it much, much more difficult. Not sure why it's shifting like that, but then the PIDRNG for it is hard to predict...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)