5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Is there any way to RNG a Dratini/Dragonair whilst fishing at Dragonspiral Tower? The reason I ask this is that I've got the hang of RNGing wild Pokemon, but I'm unsure how the frames are affected by the actual fishing process and/or if the rotating NPCs on the grass next to it have an influence.

I searched the thread last night for "fishing" but I couldn't find any useful information.

Is there any way to RNG a Dratini/Dragonair whilst fishing at Dragonspiral Tower? The reason I ask this is that I've got the hang of RNGing wild Pokemon, but I'm unsure how the frames are affected by the actual fishing process and/or if the rotating NPCs on the grass next to it have an influence.

I searched the thread last night for "fishing" but I couldn't find any useful information.
Are you talking about IV RNG, or PID RNG?

If you're talking about IV RNG, everything is the same as for regular wild Pokemon.

If you're talking PID RNG, then there's very few differences. If you have the latest version of RNG Reporter, all you have to do is find a seed, and once you hit your seed advance to your target frame and fish. However, the NPCs you're talking about will effect the PID RNG, so you might have to adjust a little. Also, I'm not sure if RNG Reporter calculates which frames are "not even a nibble" correctly, so you might have to find a new seed if your frame turns out to be "not even a nibble." But I'm sure Reporter does everything right :)

Edit: Lol Voodoo. I tend to contradict myself a lot... I was trying to get across the message that I'm almost 100% positive that Reporter is right, but there's a possibility it could be wrong (Iirc OD said something about that on IRC or something. Idk :P).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also, I'm not sure if RNG Reporter calculates which frames are "not even a nibble" correctly...But I'm sure Reporter does everything right :)
Make up your mind :P

On a somewhat related note, how is the Pokémon's level calculated for fishing spots? I kind of want to catch a level 50 Dragonite for fun, but the table just says 50-70 for encounter slot 4.

Are you talking about IV RNG, or PID RNG?

If you're talking about IV RNG, everything is the same as for regular wild Pokemon.

If you're talking PID RNG, then there's very few differences. If you have the latest version of RNG Reporter, all you have to do is find a seed, and once you hit your seed advance to your target frame and fish. However, the NPCs you're talking about will effect the PID RNG, so you might have to adjust a little. Also, I'm not sure if RNG Reporter calculates which frames are "not even a nibble" correctly, so you might have to find a new seed if your frame turns out to be "not even a nibble." But I'm sure Reporter does everything right :)

Edit: Lol Voodoo. I tend to contradict myself a lot... I was trying to get across the message that I'm almost 100% positive that Reporter is right, but there's a possibility it could be wrong (Iirc OD said something about that on IRC or something. Idk :P).
I got my Dratini after a few attempts this evening. I just had to be a bit more urgent on my X button so I could start fishing before the NPCs altered the frame. Also, the frame alternated between "not even a nibble" and battling for Dratini. Whether you battle or not is probably just down to luck.

However, thank you very much for your advice!

Okay soooo I'm trying to RNG a shiny Deino in the 1st floor of victory road. I have the right lead and everything (i think). I keep hitting my correct IV's (i end up catching a Deino that isn't shiny with perfect IV's and also modest which is what I want.) My seed is 082EDFFBFC536B1B and my PIDRNG frame is at 142, and I have a starting frame of 49 so I've been doing 93 advances. What could I be doing wrong?

Okay soooo I'm trying to RNG a shiny Deino in the 1st floor of victory road. I have the right lead and everything (i think). I keep hitting my correct IV's (i end up catching a Deino that isn't shiny with perfect IV's and also modest which is what I want.) My seed is 082EDFFBFC536B1B and my PIDRNG frame is at 142, and I have a starting frame of 49 so I've been doing 93 advances. What could I be doing wrong?
Why do you think you have the correct lead? What did the time finder say in the "Required Lead" column? Also, what is your ID/SID?

I'm sort of confused because you say your target frame is 142, but on that frame the nature is Careful and it's not synchronizable. Also, are you sure there are no NPCs in that Victory Road room? I would go to the room with Cheren in it just to be sure.

Why do you think you have the correct lead? What did the time finder say in the "Required Lead" column? Also, what is your ID/SID?

I'm sort of confused because you say your target frame is 142, but on that frame the nature is Careful and it's not synchronizable. Also, are you sure there are no NPCs in that Victory Road room? I would go to the room with Cheren in it just to be sure.
Yea im sure. And its a male lead (50% f) cute charm. My Id/Sid is 61346/00077.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea im sure. And its a male lead (50% f) cute charm. My Id/Sid is 61346/00077.
You don't have a shiny spread on that seed with that ID\SID. Run the search again.

Also, you were one frame off if you keep hitting Modest. Either you're miscounting or you have an active roamer that adding +1 to your advances.

You don't have a shiny spread on that seed with that ID\SID. Run the search again.

Also, you were one frame off if you keep hitting Modest. Either you're miscounting or you have an active roamer that adding +1 to your advances.
I did just search again, and i do indeed have a shiny spread right there.

So am I wrong about the required lead part? When I generated the Standard seed it said my required lead was "cute charm (50% female)", and the nature wasn't bolded. So for pidrng I generated it by clicking the "male lead (50% f target)". And I found that shiny spread at 142 just like my standard seed told me. Could this be because I was searching in 2015? Doubt it but just saying...

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll95/Exploitss/rng12.jpg

As you can see, no shiny on Frame 142. "!!!" indicates shiny. The closest shiny with that ID/SID and seed is on Frame 16,506. Frame 143 is probably what you're constantly landing on

Edit: Guess it's not Frame 143 since 5 isn't an encounter slot for Deino. Weird.
Guys, he does have a shiny spread on frame 142. You have to change the lead on the main window to Cute Charm Male Lead (50% F).

So am I wrong about the required lead part? When I generated the Standard seed it said my required lead was "cute charm (50% female)", and the nature wasn't bolded. So for pidrng I generated it by clicking the "male lead (50% f target)". And I found that shiny spread at 142 just like my standard seed told me. Could this be because I was searching in 2015? Doubt it but just saying...
Did you bring a MALE cute charm lead to Victory Road?

Didn't even know you could change the lead to Cute Charm there. Learn something new every day. I've personally never bothered with Cute Charm. My bad

Yes... I brought a male Minccino. Which, has a 50% cute charm rate. And yes it has cute charm, lol.
And it's in the lead slot? :x

This is a strange situation. You're counting your Chatot flips correctly, right? There are some Modest frames before 142, so maybe you're hitting those? I'm honestly not sure... maybe 9.95 has a bug for Cute Charm seeds?

And it's in the lead slot? :x

This is a strange situation. You're counting your Chatot flips correctly, right? There are some Modest frames before 142, so maybe you're hitting those? I'm honestly not sure... maybe 9.95 has a bug for Cute Charm seeds?
Yes, it is in the lead slot. So I was just thinking that one of my chatots might now actually have anything saved under chatter, lol. So because I have two and am flipping between them, I could possibly be doing half? But I honestly doubt this, because I did one less advance once and got a careful nature on a boldore... which would be correct.

Yes, it is in the lead slot. So I was just thinking that one of my chatots might now actually have anything saved under chatter, lol. So because I have two and am flipping between them, I could possibly be doing half? But I honestly doubt this, because I did one less advance once and got a careful nature on a boldore... which would be correct.
Have you caught any shiny Pokemon with this ID/SID before? Maybe the SID is incorrect?

Edit: And, no, the Chatots are not the problem. When you record a chatter on one Chatot, all Chatot's will have this chatter recorded. (Iirc)

Yes, I have RNG'd and caught two shiny Pokemon on this ID/SID.
Alright, then it's most likely a bug that has to do with Cute Charm, sorry :(

Try using a seed that doesn't require a Cute Charm lead, then it should work.

P.S. Maybe it's not a bug and I'm missing something, but I can't think of anything else that could be causing this.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Could you upload the non-shiny Deino you keep catching to Pokecheck, please?

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
The PID for that frame with that TID and SID (with Cute Charm and 50% female target) is 35955A79 (not shiny), not B5955A7A (shiny).

I believe the problem is that RNG Reporter was never updated to use the actual PID bit twiddle logic that Bond posted. The first guess of that algorithm does not produce the same results in this case. (bleh)

Looks like an issue with the gender forcing calc.

I tried a few spreads and it works perfectly for me. What spread were you searching for then?
Well, this is incredible. Today I find those two spreads without problem. I do not know why. Last week I made sure to put all the data correctly...

I'm dumb or something lol. But yes, it works perfectly.

Hit "B" to exit the summary screen and "B" again to exit the Pokemon screen. I suggest you pause here for a second and catch your breath. You must be very fast for this next part! When you're ready, Hit "B" a third time to exit the game menu, and immediately spam A to pick up your egg from the old man.
It's a good idea to verify you hit your seed at this point by flying to Victory road and catching a Pokemon. Its IVs should match up to one of frames 14-20, as described toward the end of method 1.
About the verification that he said. I always thought that the first pokemon you encounter will have the desired IVs from hitting the seed, but he says that the pokemon in the egg and a caught pokemon will both have the desired IVs from the target seed.

1. Is this true?
2. Does that mean that every pokemon obtained will have the desired IVs (2nd pokemon encountered, 3rd, etc...)?

About the verification that he said. I always thought that the first pokemon you encounter will have the desired IVs from hitting the seed, but he says that the pokemon in the egg and a caught pokemon will both have the desired IVs from the target seed.

1. Is this true?
2. Does that mean that every pokemon obtained will have the desired IVs (2nd pokemon encountered, 3rd, etc...)?
Yes and yes again, unless you move onto a different IV frame, which can be done by walking 128 steps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)