5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

For example, if your target time was xx:xx:38, then you would press A on the 3DS menu to get into BW at xx:xx:30. On a DS Lite/Phat, you would press A at xx:xx:37. Does that make sense?

I don't think it applies to 4th gen. I think 4th gen abuse is the same no matter which DS you use.
Yeah, it made sense from the start. I guess I asked the same question twice in two separate posts. Alright, guess I'm going to collect my parameters tonight. Thanks, Princess, for the help. ;)

How exactly would you even find parameters on your 3DS? 3DS doesn't have a 60 second clock, it's just a time, not a clock. How would you go about finding when to press A?

Alright, so I've mastered iv abusing. Good for me. Now I need to figure out how to shiny abuse. I don't have my SID, but going by Smogon's guide, I'm trying the cumbersome Chatot/Saving method. The Smogon guide isn't really clear with some of the steps.

So here's a screen of RNG Reporter:

According to the Pokémon White encounter slot, on Route 5 I should see a shiny solosis on the 46th frame. The next step is:

Seems pretty simple, except I can't find the 'Calculate Initial PIDRING' button. I was searching for help on Google, and I stumbled upon this picture, uploaded by earlier in this very same thread:

The button is there right underneath the gender slot. So what exactly is the difference between the main RNG Reporter window and the Time Finder window? Both seem to have the same function (generate hits), so why aren't Time Finder's functions integrated into the main window?

Anyway, the button is not appearing on my RNG Reporter. Is it a version difference?

After that step is finished, the guide says the following:

The first time I hit my seed, that means I've seen the shiny, right? So why do I need to go back to RNG Reporter and look for its nature?

What's the SSF? In the screenshot I linked, it says the shiny will be on the 46th frame. Since you start the game on the first frame, can't I just save/listen to Chatter 45 times, putting me on the 46th frame, and use sweet scent?

And earlier in the guide, in the iv abuse section, it said that if your seed is on more than one frame, you have to carry a specific number of pokemon. Since this one is on the 46th frame, how many do party member should I have?
Alright, I got my SID via Pokecheck. Here's a shot of RNG Reporter 9.94 with my ID and SID typed in:

Same questions as the quoted post. Incidentally, I was looking through Smogon's guide, and the first image used has the person looking for 'nearby shiny frames' with 'Method 5 Standard Seed'.

What's the deal?

Same questions as the quoted post. Incidentally, I was looking through Smogon's guide, and the first image used has the person looking for 'nearby shiny frames' with 'Method 5 Standard Seed'.

What's the deal?
In 5th gen, each seed has IV frames and PID frames. In that snapshot, the person was searching for a seed that has his specified IV frame and IVs (in this case, he wasn't searching for specific IVs) and a shiny PID frame. IVs and PID are both Method 5 Standard seed, they just have separate frames. So you would have to hit your seed, then advance to your IV frame, and then advance to your PID frame.

Hope that made sense :3

I think I kinda get the gist of it all, but the steps are kinda vague. So I'm supposed to generate IV seeds, than go from there to search for my shiny pokemon?

Let's take the third picture I linked, the one with my ID/SID typed in. The first hit says: Frame 42, Encounter Slot 0, Rash nature, 03/01/12 @ 00:04:31.

So, I should turn on my DS at the time specified (I'm in Kyurem's cave), and save 41 times...?

I think I kinda get the gist of it all, but the steps are kinda vague. So I'm supposed to generate IV seeds, than go from there to search for my shiny pokemon?
There's no such thing as an "IV" seed, because each seed has IV frames AND PID frames. All you do is search for Method 5 Standard seeds, enter all the info (wanted IVs, month, min/max IV frame, etc.) then on the right check the box that says "search for nearby shiny frames." Then, enter the min/max amount of PID frame advancements you're willing to do, pick the nature you want, etc. Then search.

Let's take the third picture I linked, the one with my ID/SID typed in. The first hit says: Frame 42, Encounter Slot 0, Rash nature, 03/01/12 @ 00:04:31.

So, I should turn on my DS at the time specified (I'm in Kyurem's cave), and save 41 times...?
No. That's kind of a bad example since you searched using PIDRNG instead of Method 5 Standard Seed (which is fine if you don't care about IVs). But, anyways, what you would do is hit your seed and then talk to Kyurem right away without advancing the frame. Why? Because in the time finder window, you have it set to 0 for min/max advancements, so RNG Reporter found you shiny PID frames that were your starting frame for that seed (each seed has a starting PID frame, usually in the 40s and 50s, sometimes high 30s and low 60s. To find your starting PID frame, copy your seed, go to the main window of RNG Reporter, select Method 5 PID RNG, paste your seed, then on the right there should be a button that says "Calculate initial PID RNG frame").

Because in the time finder window, you have it set to 0 for min/max advancements, so RNG Reporter found you shiny PID frames that were your starting frame for that seed (each seed has a starting PID frame, usually in the 40s and 50s, sometimes high 30s and low 60s. To find your starting PID frame, copy your seed, go to the main window of RNG Reporter, select Method 5 PID RNG, paste your seed, then on the right there should be a button that says "Calculate initial PID RNG frame").
I think this is what's throwing me off. What is the difference between the min/max frame and the 40s-50s frames in all the hits I generate? It's the 'starting PID frame' thing that I think I have problems with. So let's say I use standard seed search and I find my hit. After what, what am I supposed to do? Simply boot up the game and sweet scent, or copy it to the RNG Reporter window and do the PIDRING search?

RNG Reporter found you shiny PID frames that were your starting frame for that seed...To find your starting PID frame, copy your seed...
I have no idea what I just read. >.0

Sorry for all the trouble, but I do appreciate your help.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think this is what's throwing me off. What is the difference between the min/max frame and the 40s-50s frames in all the hits I generate? It's the 'starting PID frame' thing that I think I have problems with. So let's say I use standard seed search and I find my hit. After what, what am I supposed to do? Simply boot up the game and sweet scent, or copy it to the RNG Reporter window and do the PIDRING search?
The PIDRNG starts on a frame between 40 and 55 depending on the seed. It'll change from one seed to the next, but it will always be consistent for any given seed (aside from NPCs, weather, or anything else that changes it after the game starts).

If you're in an area with no NPCs, you can just Sweet Scent and you should get what you want immediately, assuming you hit your seed. If there are NPCs, you won't be able to hit the frame at all (because they will have advanced it past that before you can get control of the game to open the menu).

Somewhat discouraged newbie here. When I use the DS parameter finder I don't get any results. I must be doing something wrong, because after trying several different times in both Victory Road and the Giant Chasm to catch a Pokémon, I can't get a result. I input my cart version, DS type, MAC address, date, hour and IVs. Am I missing anything? I can catch the same Pokémon consistently, so at least I know I'm not having trouble hitting the same seed.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Double-check everything you typed, and post a screenshot of your parameter finder, it's possible you entered something wrong. Also, did you put it in 24-hour time?

Yes, I used 24-hour time. I'll try with another day and time again, if I can't get it to work I'll post a screenshot.

Edit: Here's a screenshot of my last try.

Lets say that I wanted to RNG the VGC 2012 shiny Larvitar wondercard. Would I select GLAN and search for a seed that has an Adamant (since it's nature is locked to Adamant and it's gender locked to be male) nature 2 frames away from the IVs since it's shiny? Thanks :)

Edit: I got what I was after so don't worry about replying to this post :p

If you're in an area with no NPCs, you can just Sweet Scent and you should get what you want immediately, assuming you hit your seed. If there are NPCs, you won't be able to hit the frame at all (because they will have advanced it past that before you can get control of the game to open the menu).
I'm assuming you're talking about perfect ivs, and not shiny pokemon, right? Well, here's what I think I should do, tell me if I'm wrong:

1. In Time Finder (5th gen Standard Seed), generate hits ('Nearby Shiny Frames' box should be tick marked).

2. Copy a seed and on main RNG Reporter window, click 'Calculate Initial PIDRING Frame'.

3. Select '5th gen PIDRING' and generate seeds.

4. Now what? I did the above steps, Reporter gives me like a thousand results in a second, but there is no date or time, and neither of them are shiny.

I suggest you make use of the Adjacent Seed Tool (under the 5th Gen tools menu). It will list Wondercard spreads on adjacent seeds (with different seconds\timer0), and their corresponding initial frame.
cheers omega. i started over and got a totally different bunch of seeds in time finder. not sure what i did differently, but i finally got my flawless mewtwo.

now time to move onto zekrom, then i should probably teach myself entralink.

chiizu

PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP RNG
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Lets say that I wanted to RNG the VGC 2012 shiny Larvitar wondercard. Would I select GLAN and search for a seed that has an Adamant (since it's nature is locked to Adamant and it's gender locked to be male) nature 2 frames away from the IVs since it's shiny? Thanks :)
GLAN = Gender Locked Any Nature

If the nature is also locked, then it is not GLAN. Also, you will only need to search for IVs and not worry about what nature appears in the results because it will get overridden by the locked nature.

GLAN = Gender Locked Any Nature

If the nature is also locked, then it is not GLAN. Also, you will only need to search for IVs and not worry about what nature appears in the results because it will get overridden by the locked nature.
Ok, thanks :). I got what I was looking for after a few tries.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I'm assuming you're talking about perfect ivs, and not shiny pokemon, right? Well, here's what I think I should do, tell me if I'm wrong:

1. In Time Finder (5th gen Standard Seed), generate hits ('Nearby Shiny Frames' box should be tick marked).

2. Copy a seed and on main RNG Reporter window, click 'Calculate Initial PIDRING Frame'.

3. Select '5th gen PIDRING' and generate seeds.

4. Now what? I did the above steps, Reporter gives me like a thousand results in a second, but there is no date or time, and neither of them are shiny.
You set min/max advances to 0 for your PIDRNG search, which means that the starting frame on that seed will be exactly the PID you searched for (barring NPCs, etc.).

If you do the standard search you just described, then your next step would be to subtract the initial PID frame you found in step 2 from the target PID frame given in Time Finder, and advance it that many times through Chatot/saving (again, it gets more complicated if there are moving NPCs.

Weird, as I'm trying to Entralink RNG this pokemon, I'm able to get within +/-5 Delay of my target, and on the right second, yet the IV spread I'm getting isn't it.

Is there something I'm forgetting to do? Before getting my new timer, I did the second wanted-second hit equation before updating for "Delay Hit" as I was repeatedly getting 1 second past my target time. Other than that, I'm completely stumped... though I would like to note that I did walk 129 steps and even then that shouldn't have advanced the IV frame any more than I needed it to.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
You need to hit your delay, not just be close to it. It sucks :(

Walking a few steps over 128 shouldn't be a problem at all. So yea, you need to hit the exact delay then you will get it!

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)