5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
I'm assuming you're talking about perfect ivs, and not shiny pokemon, right? Well, here's what I think I should do, tell me if I'm wrong:

1. In Time Finder (5th gen Standard Seed), generate hits ('Nearby Shiny Frames' box should be tick marked).

2. Copy a seed and on main RNG Reporter window, click 'Calculate Initial PIDRING Frame'.

3. Select '5th gen PIDRING' and generate seeds.

4. Now what? I did the above steps, Reporter gives me like a thousand results in a second, but there is no date or time, and neither of them are shiny.
You dont need Step 3

You set min/max advances to 0 for your PIDRNG search, which means that the starting frame on that seed will be exactly the PID you searched for (barring NPCs, etc.).
What's the difference between min/max 0 and min/max 1? I think RNG Reporter keeps resetting that part every time close/open it. I'm pretty sure that up till now, I've been using min/max 1, and I've never had to change the frame (used sweet scent immediately upon entering the game).

If you do the standard search you just described, then your next step would be to subtract the initial PID frame you found in step 2 from the target PID frame given in Time Finder
Yeah, I've done that like five times now, but still no results.

So here are some more pictures:

The pokemon I want is on frame 273, starting frame is 49. 273 - 49 = 224

I enter the game and listen to chatot/save 224 times? And then I use sweet scent and I should see a shiny whatever appear.

Incidentally, I found a pretty good guide. No idea where this was earlier, as it would have saved me a lot of questions. (Scroll all the way down, because the first part is just about setting up threads.) RNG Abuse for Dummies

His last step is kinda different from yours though. You simply said to subtract numbers, while he said you should enter your game and catch a regular pokemon, check its ivs, and see if they match (no idea what he's talking about since you can't see ivs on the main RNG Reporter window).

You dont need Step 3
Yeah, I guess you don't since all you have to do is subtract frames.

I enter the game and listen to chatot/save 224 times? And then I use sweet scent and I should see a shiny whatever appear.
Yes, that's correct. If you do that and you don't get a shiny, then that means:

- There are NPCs in the area you're in, and they messed with the frame.
- You didn't hit your seed (maybe you got the wrong timer0, or you entered at the wrong second, or you forgot your keypresses, etc).
- Your chatots don't have a recorded custom chatter.
- You miscounted.

His last step is kinda different from yours though. You simply said to subtract numbers, while he said you should enter your game and catch a regular pokemon, check its ivs, and see if they match (no idea what he's talking about since you can't see ivs on the main RNG Reporter window).
That step is to find out what your shifted starting PID frame is (I'm assuming). He said to check the IVs to make sure you hit the right seed. If you did hit the right seed, then you would check the Pokemon's nature, gender, ability, and encounter slot and then match it to a PID frame on RNG Reporter. That frame is your shifted starting frame (SSF), and you would subtract this number from your target frame instead of the number RNG Reporter gave you. You would only have to do this step if there are NPCs or any other factor that could mess with your frame.

Also, yes you can see the IVs on the main window. You just have to change the method. Change it to Gen 5 IVs (Standard Seed) and make the starting frame 1. Then generate, and the IVs you saw in Time Finder should be on the frame time finder gave you (in your case, frame 1).

Last night, I spent ages trying to breed a shiny Solosis (first proper attempt at shiny RNG). I used the Chatot flip method to advance 30 or so frames and I noticed the egg I kept receiving corresponded to one frame after what I expected it to be. I decided that using one Chatot flip less might solve my problem and, low and behold, a shiny Solosis hatched.

Try 223 Chatot flips and see what you get.

Yes, that's correct. If you do that and you don't get a shiny, then that means:

- There are NPCs in the area you're in, and they messed with the frame.
- You didn't hit your seed (maybe you got the wrong timer0, or you entered at the wrong second, or you forgot your keypresses, etc).
Hmm, if there are wandering NPCs, but they're off-screen, would your frames still be affected? E.g. On Route 5, there are several NPCs, but say I position myself in such a way that I can't see any of them. Would they still affect my frame? I was in Kyurem's cave so it didn't matter, but it would be nice to know for future reference.

And I doubt my Timer0 was wrong, since I used the same one to RNG perfect non-shiny pokemon.

Also, I'm guessing that there's not much of a difference between min/max 0 and min/max 1...?

Try 223 Chatot flips and see what you get.
Yeah, I was thinking that might be a problem. Gonna give it a shot today.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hmm, if there are wandering NPCs, but they're off-screen, would your frames still be affected? E.g. On Route 5, there are several NPCs, but say I position myself in such a way that I can't see any of them. Would they still affect my frame? I was in Kyurem's cave so it didn't matter, but it would be nice to know for future reference.

And I doubt my Timer0 was wrong, since I used the same one to RNG perfect non-shiny pokemon.

Also, I'm guessing that there's not much of a difference between min/max 0 and min/max 1...?
Yes, NPCs still affect it if they're off-screen.
Timer0 can still be off even if it's usually right, so you can't just assume you hit it.
Min/max 0 means you have to do exactly 0 advances. Min/max 1 means you have to do exactly 1 advance.

Min/max 0 means you have to do exactly 0 advances. Min/max 1 means you have to do exactly 1 advance.
That's odd, since I'm pretty sure I've had min/max 1 up till those screens I posted. I was strictly following Smogon's guide and bearsfan092's video guide, and I sweet scented without any frame advancement. Got a handful of RNGed pokemon like that.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
That's odd, since I'm pretty sure I've had min/max 1 up till those screens I posted. I was strictly following Smogon's guide and bearsfan092's video guide, and I sweet scented without any frame advancement. Got a handful of RNGed pokemon like that.
For IVs, you're right, 1/1 would be 0 advances. But the picture I was referring to was a PIDRNG search, which is entirely different.

Hello, let me know if I am not posting this correctly/in the right thread.

I am using RNG reporter 9.95, and I am trying to hatch a DW non-shiny Lapras with a careful nature with 31/31/31/X/31/X IV's. My target seed is: 0241E09D51A2EC8F with a frame of 77 (Initial frame is 50). My MAC address is: 0009BFDE252E. I verified my seed by going to Victory Road and using sweet scent, then entered the information on the Parameter search option (it said I hit the right seed). I have tried and got the following result: Careful with it's DW ability with the IV's of 31/5/31/31/31/31.

Basically, I am getting my desired result except for the attack IV is at 5 instead of 31. How do I change this?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hello, let me know if I am not posting this correctly/in the right thread.

I am using RNG reporter 9.95, and I am trying to hatch a DW non-shiny Lapras with a careful nature with 31/31/31/X/31/X IV's. My target seed is: 0241E09D51A2EC8F with a frame of 77 (Initial frame is 50). My MAC address is: 0009BFDE252E. I verified my seed by going to Victory Road and using sweet scent, then entered the information on the Parameter search option (it said I hit the right seed). I have tried and got the following result: Careful with it's DW ability with the IV's of 31/5/31/31/31/31.

Basically, I am getting my desired result except for the attack IV is at 5 instead of 31. How do I change this?
You're not really getting your desired result since it's not what you want. A few questions for you: How are you advancing the PIDRNG? What frame are you actually landing on? There are Wandering NPCs on route 3, did you take this into consideration when advancing your frames?

Somebody needs to tutor me Entralink PIDRNG. I RNG'd already one Lucario, and I managed to hit Target PID (checked PID w/ Pokecheck). Now Im going for Tangela. IVs are from seed D9842505, frame 26. I don't use Entralink Nature seed searcher, because it's one second off for me. I have checked my standard seeds, they are F02C0A67ED51125E and 49EA0753275A5680. I am targeting to frame 164, 2:19.20 Entralink Time, so I have second timer with 140 seconds. I have really bad ear, but I can usually recognize if I hit my target (first one), because chatot pitches are 32, 81 and 11. Yes, I have added 3 to my Initial Frame. Yes, only pokemon in Forest Clearing is Tangela. And I can usually hit my IVs. (like every 6th time). Natures I've gotten: Brave, Lax, Gentle, Calm (without right IVs)
Basically my process is:

1. Set time and start timer same time.
2. Enter game from main menu when first timer ends.
3. Don't turn on C-Gear at main menu.
4. Check if Chatot calls match.
5. Turn on C-Gear if they do, and start that 140 second nature timer.
6. Enter Entralink when second timer ends.
7. Advance frame doing 128 steps without yet going to Forest Clearing.
8. Run to Pokemon and talk to it.
9. Say yes when nature timer ends.

Can somebody please try to explain what Im doing wrong -.-

You're not really getting your desired result since it's not what you want. A few questions for you: How are you advancing the PIDRNG? What frame are you actually landing on? There are Wandering NPCs on route 3, did you take this into consideration when advancing your frames?
What I mean is I am getting my desired nature/ability combination, just not IV spread. I have been using the Chatter method, my frames keep varying between 51 and 52.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
What I mean is I am getting my desired nature/ability combination, just not IV spread. I have been using the Chatter method, my frames keep varying between 51 and 52.
If you're getting the wrong IVs, you're hitting the wrong frame. It's quite possible for the same nature/ability combination to be on a different nearby frame, especially if you're using an Everstone.

Either that or you did something wrong in the search, like checking/not checking the Everstone box or something else that might change the inheritance.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
I find breeding a lot easier when not using an Everstone because it makes looking for your SSF<?> a lot more practical.

The fact that you say your starting frame is 50 and you keep hitting frames 51 and 52 makes me think your chatots have not a customized chatter, could you confirm that?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
I pretty much always breed without an Everstone. It takes longer to find a seed in Time Finder, but it makes finding what frame you hit a lot easier, and breeding seeds aren't hard to find anyway, especially since you're doing non-shiny.

Hey guys, I have a question. I'm trying to RNG for a shiny flawless Yanma (there's a Route 14 swarm of them for me today). Route 14 has wandering NPCs. How do you account for those? I've looked all over, and most of the capturing guides I've found have to do with stationary pokemon, like Terrakion and Cobalion. Anyone have any answers? I need the answer today, since after midnight the swarm will go away.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
Option 1: Hit your seed, Sweet Scent with no advances, find out what frame you landed on, then use that to find out how many advances they did and subtract it from how many you need to do, then try again.

Option 2: Hit your seed, use the Chatot pitches to figure out what frame you're on, then advance from there and Sweet Scent. Faster, but requires a good ear.

So I've noticed there's a recently added feature in RNG Reporter called "Entralink Seed Search". How does one properly use this when Entralink RNGing?

I find breeding a lot easier when not using an Everstone because it makes looking for your SSF<?> a lot more practical.

The fact that you say your starting frame is 50 and you keep hitting frames 51 and 52 makes me think your chatots have not a customized chatter, could you confirm that?
I know it has been 14 hours since I last posted (been really busy), but yes, you were right. I know I had my Chatot's with a custom chatter, but when I when to go look at them, they didn't have anything set anymore. I set a custom chatter, tried again, and got it. Thanks for the help!

PS: I took off my everstone as well, and it worked much better.

I know it has been 14 hours since I last posted (been really busy), but yes, you were right. I know I had my Chatot's with a custom chatter, but when I when to go look at them, they didn't have anything set anymore. I set a custom chatter, tried again, and got it. Thanks for the help!

PS: I took off my everstone as well, and it worked much better.
Probably because you put them in the PC. They reset when you do that (only if you put all your Chatots in the PC).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 21)