5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

In B2/W2, is there any differences in RNG abuse calculation using RNG Reporter 9.95? If so, what are they?
Some, you can't breed and timer0 is more random, just try rng reporter 9.96.

Does anyone know if there is an RNG timer that just counts the time on your DSi/3DS? By this I mean one where you can set the time of the timer to the time you are setting your DSi/3DS to for RNG abuse, just clicking the timer with your mouse at the same moment you set your DSi/3DS. If anyone knows of a timer like that, instead of a countdown timer, could you please post a link? If not, I think such a timer would be very beneficial to RNG abuse in the future, when pokemon games are all on 3DS and therefore have no timer being shown on the top screen
It's called a clock. Just keep track of where the second hand is when you press A, or just time it at the minute.

Next time, please use the edit button instead of making a double post.

1) I can't find a link for RNG Reporter 9.96. Where is it? People are posting about it, but Smogon says the latest version is 9.95!

2) Does anyone know if breeding a Ditto with its Hidden Ability with a male/genderless pokemon allows the offspring to also have its Hidden Ability? If so, RNG Reporter needs to be updated for that.

can someone give me a small tut about rng a wild shiny pokemon for pokemon black 2?
ive searched and readed all posts here but i dont seem to get the shiny pokemon although iget the ivs/nature but no shiny not ive already posted my id/sid on rng reporter and iam using the search for nearby shiny option in time finder then find some result copy the seed post it on the main window with pidrng method wild pokemon then hit the black/white2 box then Calculate inittail pid frame iget a new number in the starting frame field i do a math like this
shiny frame 184
starting frame 50
so 184-50=134 advances required right?
this is the method i use is it right if not please help

can someone give me a small tut about rng a wild shiny pokemon for pokemon black 2?
ive searched and readed all posts here but i dont seem to get the shiny pokemon although iget the ivs/nature but no shiny not ive already posted my id/sid on rng reporter and iam using the search for nearby shiny option in time finder then find some result copy the seed post it on the main window with pidrng method wild pokemon then hit the black/white2 box then Calculate inittail pid frame iget a new number in the starting frame field i do a math like this
shiny frame 184
starting frame 50
so 184-50=134 advances required right?
this is the method i use is it right if not please help
*Blink Blink* What? Here's some generic advice. Make sure your c-gear is off. Timer0 hates you, try again. BE weary of wandering npc's they can advance your frame if you wait too long. You may have to abuse your ID/SID.

Edit: Timefiinder isn't outputting any results for Latios. Even after I changed it to >=30/X/>=30/31/>=30/31 , searched all 12 months, and sit max frame up to 6. I can't read the check boxes at the bottom, but I clicked Timid, synchonize frames only, I also selected standard seed and stationary. Also interesting to note, it's an extremely fast search compared to my experience with wondercards, is this normal? Please help. I'll go try different years right now.

yes frgot to mention that my c-gear is off and iam at pokemon black 2 victory road there is one NPC is front of me but not moving btw what is this timer0 thing and what he has to do with shiny pokemons?
and if i followed the id/sid guide do i need to re do a new game just to get a shiny starter or just pick a false result?
btw does my steps in the first post are right?

I quote myself because I still need help.
after I found those parameters, I cannot find anything anymore. I set everything right, I use the cheat codes to know the first half of the seed, the vcount and the timer0, so I can search faster, and it finds nothing.
I'm starting to believe that the victory roads' exit is not the best place to find the parameters anymore.
these are the ranges I use:

seconds: x - x+12
vcount: 50 - 90 (the code says "6B")
timer0: C00 - 1000 (the code says DEC most of the times)
gxstat: 0 - FF
vframe: 0 - FF

where could the problem be?

p.s. I'm using a cyclods evolution, for those who didn't read my previous posts. am I really the only one here?
quoting myself. I really, really need help. I don't know what to do anymore.

p.s. I'm trying to find the parameters for white 2 and I use a DS Lite.

Yes, I forgot to mention that my C-gear is off and I am at Pokémon Black 2 Victory Road, and there is one NPC is front of me, but not moving. By the way what is this timer0 thing and what does it have to do with shiny Pokémon?

Finally, if i followed the ID/SID guide do I need to start a new game just to get a shiny starter, or do I pick a false result instead? Also, are the steps listed in my first post correct?
I'm not sure if there are wandering npc's at victory road, but if there are, they don't need to be on the screen to affect you. I don't fully understand timer0 myself, but as far as I know it adds unwanted randomness that can mess up the whole rng process. Having a shiny starter has nothing to do with it. You mentioned earlier you are trying to get a specific nature, and IVs aswell. Whch means that you'll probably have to abuse your ID and SID to get a shiny Pokémon in your selected frame. I can hardly read your first post, so I don't know. Please try to use at least semi-proper grammar and spelling.

ok!! thanks to bond697, who fixed the code to view the vcount and the timer0, now I know that they are respectively 6B and DEC. now my searches will be very faster.

edit: guys O.o
I found the strangest parameters ever:

actual seconds: +9
vcount: 6D (it found it even if I put the range as 6B in both min and max)
timer0: D8D
gxstat: 0 (is this normal?????)
vframe: A4

the difference between the timer0 I found with the code and the one I found with the RNG reporter is 5F. quite a lot.
Sigh... If you're having trouble cheating, then do it the real way. Try catching Heatran. It might be easier just to do everything default, instead of changing it so much. Input your game and ds type, and let rngreporter do the rest. (And catch a Pokémon like Heatran of course.)

Edit: Why is this thread mostly empty around this time of day? Meh, used the time to clear "Adventure Ponies". Look at me going off subject. If someone reads this, and hasn't already, please respond to my earlier post.

actually the codes do nothing else than helping. I already tried to find the parameters without using them more than once, and after I used the "view vcount and timer0" one, I was able to find the parameters once, so I'm sticking with them.

for the catched pokemon: I'm trying to avoid spoilers, so I downloaded a save file in which the player already defeated the elite four and I flew directly to the pokemon league, only to go into the last room of the victory road (this is the third time I ask this question: is it still a good place to catch a pokemon in order to find the parameters??).
I prefer not knowing where heatran is.

Ugh, I don't like all of this rom and hacking stuff, what happened to all the retail carts? Heatran has no plot relevance, and I highly doubt you'd ever find him without looking it up, but fine. If you don't want legendaires, then I don't where to recommend... I don't know where the wandering npc's are, but it's probably better to avoid them. You can find strong wild Pokémon in any route you don't gain access to til post elite 4.

ok, but since I avoided spoilers, I don't know which are those routes (and btw I don't really need strong wild pokemon, since I use a code to see the IVs. I just need a place without npcs and in which the frame doesn't advance constantly for some reason).

I'm only a beginner myself, so I don't know how to rng for wild shinies. Hitting your seed means you boot the game at the correct time, I'm pretty sure that's called the initial seed. In BW abuse hitting the initial seed is easy, most problems result from timer0 or... other things... Sorry I can't be of more use, just wait a few hours, til everyone else is on.

Is it still possible to RNG abuse a shiny breed with someone else's ID/SID, then trade it to them so it hatches shiny for them? I couldn't find any information on this and it didn't work for me when I tried it.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yes you can but you cannot use international parents. Well... you could but it would be an unnecessary hassle to sort through the spreads that would actually work (in 5th gen the shiny spread must be on only the 6th PID generated, and no other PIDs).

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In the main window it should give an alpha number. I'm asking because fast seed searches for BW2 aren't working right in 9.96 alpha 12, so if that's the one you're using it's probably why you can't find anything. If that's the case, try this (note that the Hidden Hollow stuff isn't finished yet, so don't try to use that).

In the main window it should give an alpha number. I'm asking because fast seed searches for BW2 aren't working right in 9.96 alpha 12, so if that's the one you're using it's probably why you can't find anything. If that's the case, try this (note that the Hidden Hollow stuff isn't finished yet, so don't try to use that).
Thank you. Once I have access to a computer I'll check. (I'm on my 3DS right now.)

Edit: Eeyup it's Alpha 12.

ok am a bit confused here http://www.smogon.com/forums/group....&discussionid=6333&gmid=109518#gmessage109518
wich steps shoud i follow to get shiny wild pokemon
sorry for the noob questions but iam stil kinda of new to this RNG thing
and btw does hit your seed mean start the game at the right time or capture the wanted pokemon?
ok now iam understanding the sit the seed part but still wa8ing for an answer for my othe quistion on wich spteps shoud i follow to get a wild shiny pokemon
btw anyone knows a good parameter settengs for pokemon white 1 USA version cuz i was using pokemon black 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 16)