5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
For Tornadus, even if you try to use the same number of chatters, the frame you'll end up kinda varies a bit, within -3 to +3 or something.
Fir example, you might hit 701, 708, 705, 711, 704, etc... using the same number of chatters.
Not the case for Thundurus though...
P.S. SSF for Tornadus is around 600-620+ if there's no rain.

If you can't hit it ever, ditch it and go find another seed :p

RNG Reporter crashes consistently with the following parameters, is it a known limitation ? The problem seems coming from the language (French) since it does not crash when I try with English. This behavior is present in both 9.96.4 and 9.96.5. It's strange since the changelog says that French / DSi should be supported starting from 9.96.4 :(

[edit] Ok, the 9.96.6 alpha 3 doesn't crash anymore, that's a good start. However, it is impossible to hit a result. I have catched six different pokemons, and none of them triggered any result at all. Their IVs were good (got them from Pokecheck).

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm used to rng abuse on Platinum to get shinies by breeding eggs without even changing the date/hour of my DSi (otherwise at date change, the game doesn't reset daily events). It's easy, that's why I like it.
Now I'd like to manipulate rng a bit in Black 2. Unfortunately I've read that "Egg RNG abuse in Black 2 and White 2 is not possible, nor will it ever be."
I also read that it has something to do with the seed used being one generated at the start of the adventure and not at reset. But this is very blurry to me and this thread happens to have 797 pages already and most occurences of breeding for BW2 version just mention it's impossible. Where could I find an explanation on the mechanisms and what exactly is impossible.

Thank you all the people taking time to answer here.

evo25

so nice!
OK, but is there a way to control natures? cos when I set the RNG reporter to IVs (Standard Seed) & Stationary with all the other details entered, I only see the IVs on the main page.
Its somewhat possible to control for the nature you need. I just usually set RNGreporters main screen to Method Gen 5 PIDRNG and Encounter stationary paste seed into Seed(hex) calculate initial frame then click generate (normal stuff really) and it will show the natures of said seed. Also this is for black2/white2 as black/white 1 is different due to hitting delays...

i'm trying to abuse my id/sid for shiny starters at pokemon black 2
i ve looked everywhare on google but all the guides are for black 1/white 1
i know they have the same method but the problem is that i want to know my SSF but idk how
so i need your help thanks in advance

I've been trying to RNG the shiny Gible that Benga gives you in Black 2, but I can't get it right. I've RNG'd multiple times in my White (Flawless Legendaries and Flawless, Shiny Eggs), but I can't figure this out. I've been trying different seeds, but nothing remotely matches. I'm checking the Gible's IVs on Pokemon Online and checking its Hidden Power in the PWT, but nothing resembles anything on my list of frames.

Has anybody done this before? I have encounters set to Method (IV's Standard Seed) and Encounter (Gift). Do I have to do anything differently because it's a shiny gift Pokemon?

If anybody can help me, thanks so much! I'm usually good at figuring things out myself, but I can't find anything anywhere about these shiny gift Pokemon.

evo25

so nice!
I've been trying to RNG the shiny Gible that Benga gives you in Black 2, but I can't get it right. I've RNG'd multiple times in my White (Flawless Legendaries and Flawless, Shiny Eggs), but I can't figure this out. I've been trying different seeds, but nothing remotely matches. I'm checking the Gible's IVs on Pokemon Online and checking its Hidden Power in the PWT, but nothing resembles anything on my list of frames.

Has anybody done this before? I have encounters set to Method (IV's Standard Seed) and Encounter (Gift). Do I have to do anything differently because it's a shiny gift Pokemon?

If anybody can help me, thanks so much! I'm usually good at figuring things out myself, but I can't find anything anywhere about these shiny gift Pokemon.
On Black2/White2 and depending on your DS system your using there can be 5 to 10 timer0's you need to find your most common timer0 and once you find your most common find a seed using that timer0 and keep attempting to hit it :).

On Black2/White2 and depending on your DS system your using there can be 5 to 10 timer0's you need to find your most common timer0 and once you find your most common find a seed using that timer0 and keep attempting to hit it :).
Okay, so my timer0 was 1103 twice, 1106 twice, 1104 once, and 1105 once. So am I on the right track, adding or subtracting 1 from the timer0 until I find a frame that matches?

So there's no additional thing I need to do for the shiny Gible that I wouldn't need to do for a regular gift Pokemon; that's go to know.

Thanks!

evo25

so nice!
Okay, so my timer0 was 1103 twice, 1106 twice, 1104 once, and 1105 once. So am I on the right track, adding or subtracting 1 from the timer0 until I find a frame that matches?

So there's no additional thing I need to do for the shiny Gible that I wouldn't need to do for a regular gift Pokemon; that's go to know.

Thanks!
You will need to calibrate more than 5 times to find your most common timer0 and not sure bout the Gible never got round to RNGing it myself.

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy

Thanks!
You need your id/sid combo.

You need your id/sid combo.
ummm... Not really, the Shiny Gable you got from Alder after defeating Benga in Black Tower is Always Shiny, so you only have to search for IV seeds and Nature (since is not DW only ability available is Sand Veil)

But in any other case you RNG for shiny pokes you sure need your ID/SID combo

I dunno if this has been reported before but on Black 2 Synchro Frames aren't working in the RNG Reporter. I was RNGing Cobalion and expected to get a Naive at synchronized frames. However first try I ended up with a Modest Nature. I looked up Modest nature and saw it was on a frame of 101, thinking to myself it had done some weird leap I decided to increase the frame by one with the help of chatot next try. I then ended up with a quirky and thought to myself this couldn't be right. Removed synchronized nature and saw that Modest and Quirky was next to eachothers not too far away from initial frame. Both are supposed to be synchronized. D:
I decided then just to advance frames until next normal naive and so I did and got my Cobalion in the end. However just wanted to notify about it ^^; Here is the seed I used btw; 556CF089B94C2111 (Frame:66-67 are the Modest and Quirky one I reported.)

Last edited:

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Hmm maybe your lead isn't a synchronize one...
And BTW frame 101 was Hasty (Synchable).
Well, synchronize works fine with me...

ok so i've finaly got my ids abused but now i want to get a shiny starter
some people are saying that i should use wild pokemon method insted of gift pokemon is that true?
i'm using pokemon black 2 btw

evo25

so nice!
ok so i've finaly got my ids abused but now i want to get a shiny starter
some people are saying that i should use wild pokemon method insted of gift pokemon is that true?
i'm using pokemon black 2 btw
Erm no you use Method gift. Why would wild pokemon method work for a gift ?? also you will need to let wNPC's advance your frame.

Hmm maybe your lead isn't a synchronize one...
And BTW frame 101 was Hasty (Synchable).
Well, synchronize works fine with me...
That's strange. I am using a synchronizer in the first slot btw. Dunno what could be wrong, some synchronized frames are working for me and some aren't ._.

Hi there,
I wanna know is it possible to RNG an egg in black 1 to hatch for shininess and flawless Iv's when traded to Black 2.

I know this is totally possible for black and white 1 as long as i dont use the masuda method for shiniess.

So if anyone can confirm this, please let me know :)
thaaank you

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
Hi there,
I wanna know is it possible to RNG an egg in black 1 to hatch for shininess and flawless Iv's when traded to Black 2.

I know this is totally possible for black and white 1 as long as i dont use the masuda method for shiniess.

So if anyone can confirm this, please let me know :)
thaaank you
Yes, it is possible. Just remember not to use international parents and to use the id/sid of the game where the egg it's going to hatch.

Pretty shitty finding out, after recently buying a new 3DS and playing Dream Radar for a while, that I have to have a MAC to RNG anything from there.

Guess I'll try doing it on my sister's macbook before she leaves for college in 2 days.

Why isn't this option available for RNG Reporter yet?

evo25

so nice!
Pretty shitty finding out, after recently buying a new 3DS and playing Dream Radar for a while, that I have to have a MAC to RNG anything from there.

Guess I'll try doing it on my sister's macbook before she leaves for college in 2 days.

Why isn't this option available for RNG Reporter yet?
it is possible to RNG DreamRadar Pokemon using RNGreporter its tedious but very possible

https://www.pokecheck.org/?pk=3520487 <My multiscale Lugia was RNG'd using RNGreporter but i dont use RNGreporter so much know i can run a virtual machine running Mac OS 10.8 for PPRNG

the guide was made by RNGer Aaron

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)