5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they can find a lot of option to legendaries/pokemons, imagining about any abstract/non abstract thing, but what about the novelty?

I mean, from RBY to GSC we got items, ivs.
from GSC to RSE we got EVs, Traits and Natures
from RSE to DPP we got the physical-special split (im resuming)

So what else can they do? Give pokemons new atributes like Claw/Teeth (lol)?

I just cant think about anything better than this

I think they can find a lot of option to legendaries/pokemons, imagining about any abstract/non abstract thing, but what about the novelty?

They'll probably think of something to fine tune, unless they think the battle system is perfect as is. Personally I'd like to see 'partial immunity' for physical attacks. Basically, if you for example used Volt Tackle on a Jolteon it would do half damage and be a normal type attack instead. Jolteon's Volt Absorb would still trigger and restore its health. Same would go for things like Waterfall and Water Absorb, or Shadow Claw and a normal-type pokemon. Its not particularly necessary, I just think it'd make sense.

I wonder if they'd actually add new features to the battle system at this point, though? They'll obviously add new attacks, abilities, evos, baby forms, and type combinations, but would they actually add a major change to the battle system now? I don't doubt they could come up with a new feature, I just wonder if they would/should.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The only thing I have in mind since D/P was released is an Ability Tutor. They might even release a G/S remake with it but now, I think we'll see one only in 5th gen.

Oh, and Defense boost for Ice-types during Hail. And maybe more types that are immune to it. And maybe new field distortions like Gravity, Tailwind and Trick Room.

They could make Double-typed attacks. Something similiar to what Rodger said. I'm not sure how this would affect competetive battling, but surely, kids would go crazy (Anyone remembers Pikablu's Hydroshock? :D)

New weather please.

Acid Rain as a boost to poisons. Boost poison attacks and buffets non poisons-steels

A Darkness weather effect that increases power of dark attacks but no defense boost spiritomb would be unkillable.

Dual-type attacks seem to have the capacity to be really overpowered, to me...

Not to mention it would complicate the process of choosing an attack exponentially! What would happen if you choose to use a Grass/Psychic attack against a Crobat, for instance? Would you be better off using a different attack? Etc.

Personally, I feel like the battle system we have now is really nice.

Truthfully, the thing I'd like to see the most is a slight re-balancing of the type chart. The most solid ideas I've heard over the years include:

Water weak to Poison
Ice resistant to Dragon

I'd like to see the following put into place, weakness/resistance-wise.

Poison hits Super-Effective on Grass, Water (pollution), Fighting (neurotoxins), and Bug (various bug sprays).

Ice resistant to Dragon.

I realise Poison hitting SE on Fighting is pushing it a bit, but Poison already resists Fighting. Why not go the other way as well?

I'd like to see the following put into place, weakness/resistance-wise.

Poison hits Super-Effective on Grass, Water (pollution), Fighting (neurotoxins), and Bug (various bug sprays).

Ice resistant to Dragon.

I realise Poison hitting SE on Fighting is pushing it a bit, but Poison already resists Fighting. Why not go the other way as well?
Let's not forget poison being super effective on flying (Air Polution) rock (Acid Rain reacting with and destroying the rock) normal (Poisoning) etc...

Honestly, water? Water can get polluted as well as anything else. Also, in my opinion, steel could be super effective on dragon (Tales of knights killing dragons with swords :P)

Why doesn't poison super effect everything? Dragons, Psychics... They're all bodies that have blood vessels that can be shut down with poisons. Toxic damage isn't enough. Let's just make poison kill everything.

The only thing I have in mind since D/P was released is an Ability Tutor. They might even release a G/S remake with it but now, I think we'll see one only in 5th gen.

Oh, and Defense boost for Ice-types during Hail. And maybe more types that are immune to it. And maybe new field distortions like Gravity, Tailwind and Trick Room.
I highly doubt that Ability Tutor would be ever part of this game in any generation...

Imagine Choice Scarf Articuno throws around Sheer Cold with No Guard...
Or Spiritomb with Wonder Guard.
On the softer side, Drizzle/Drought; Multitype, Magic Guard, Levitating Electric types, etc. Nature Cure would make Status useless...

I highly doubt that Ability Tutor would be ever part of this game in any generation...

On the softer side, Drizzle/Drought; Multitype, Magic Guard, Levitating Electric types, etc. Nature Cure would make Status useless...
I'm sure these are the two abilities they'd have available after right away!

The Ice resisting Dragon would be the best thing they could possibly do. Ever. That and nerf Stealth Rock a bit.

Just think, if Ice resisted Dragon then maybe stuff like Walrein and Regice would make it into OU, being very good Dragon counters, unless they have Stone Edge. Fire Blast and Fire Fang would do laughable damage to Regice and Walrein. Most of the Dragons would likely keep the Fire / Ground / Dragon coverage so they could do something to Skarmory and Bronzong.

>.>

<.<

Hybrids

*Runs from the angry hordes*

they still have things to add im sure, off the top off my head;
Double typed attacks
New types
new weather
Exit Hazzards
Resistance/Weakness changes
triple battles?

I heard one idea for the 5th gen novelty that I rather liked: double types. For example, if Milotic became a double type water, it would become 4x weak to electric and grass, and 4x resistant to water, fire, ice and steel.

And double typed moves wouldn't be that confusing; there would only be a few of them the first generation they existed so you could just memorize them if you have trouble with it...

Also on the nerfing sr/ice resisting bandwagon.

I wouldn't mind seeing Elemental Dragon Legends(Water, Electric, Grass, etc), and maybe nerf Stealth Rock so the max damage is like 25%...

I doubt they would use anything as ungodly as that, and it's likely they would restrict the Pokemon that could learn each ability, and they might even make it so that some Pokemon cannot be tutored (Slaking and Regigigigigas anybody?)

They'd have to be ungodly stupid to have Wonder Guard able to be tutored.

Here are some I could see tutored without to much hell:

Drizzle (Water types, maybe Dragon or Grass too)
Sand Stream (Rocks, Grounds, and Steels)
Drought (Grounds and Fires)
Snow Warning (Ice only)
Swift Swim (Water types)
Chlorophyll (Grass types)
Air Lock / Cloud 9
Pressure
Guts
Intimidate (maybe)
Pure Power / Huge Power (only to a select few otherwise weak Pokemon. We wouldn't want Huge Power Metagross, but it could work on something like Alakazam)
Torrent / Overgrow / Blaze / Swarm / whatever else (restricted to their respective types)
Stall (might have some use on something other than Sableye)

Things that should definitely not be tutorable:

Speed Boost
Wonder Guard
Magic Guard
Shadow Tag
Anything that gives an immunity (Levitate, Volt Absorb, etc. Dry Skin might be an exception, since it has a drawback)
Natural Cure
Mold Breaker
Multitype
Bad Dreams
Slow Start and Traut (obv)
No Guard
Solid Rock / Filter

I've been hoping for an ability tutor ever since an incident involving a 5-way max IVd Illuminate Staryu, so I'd love to see it introduced. Someone suggested a system in a previous discussion that went like this:

1 item (a Tinymushroom, for example): Switches the ability of the Pokemon to its other ability (Staryu swaps to Natural Cure from Illuminate)
2 items or 1 larger item (2 Tinymushrooms or a Big Mushroom): Applies a new, exclusive (not available in any other way) ability that would make sense for the Pokemon (Staryu with Serene Grace?).

I think Dual typed attacks is a dreadful idea, leave it the way it is, as far as the battling aspect of the game I don't think it needs too many changes.
I agree with Poison becoming a better typing and Ice resisting Dragon. Then I could get the Ice/Dragon type I've always dreamed of.
A buddy and me were talking and I think we agreend Grass could resist fighting or something, can't remember the exact type. Just try to balance the equation out abit.

They'll probably think of something to fine tune, unless they think the battle system is perfect as is. Personally I'd like to see 'partial immunity' for physical attacks.
Funny but I was thinking of something like to. THe only difference between ours is that I would have "partial immunities" affect the general metagame, as in the types...

I don't know about you guys but lately a lot of twisting movies involving horrors and ghosts gives the supernatural so much advantage over mortals (or normal pokemon). The mortals don't know what the hell is happening to them but then after funs and tricks are over, usually the mortals die, feel pain, etc of a supernatural ghost.

As messed up as this sounds, imagine if GHost pokemon could actually hurt Normal pokemon with Ghost attacks? The first hit would do nothing as the mortal can't feel the presence of a ghost until the second attack..

*Imagines Gengar Shadow balling Blissey...no effect...then Shadow Balling the dark energy into dark electroplasm and..IT"S SUPER EFFECTIVE on Blissey*

Acid Rain as a boost to poisons. Boost poison attacks and buffets non poisons-steels

A Darkness weather effect that increases power of dark attacks but no defense boost spiritomb would be unkillable.
Whoever said a weather boost has to only and primarily support STAB? What if different weathers such as Darkness worked where it acted like Sandstorm such as boosting a stat? In this case, Non-Ghosts and Non-Dark would feel the torment of Darkness while DARK and GHOSTs could possibly recover health?. No more leftovers yah.

Here are some I could see tutored without to much hell:

Drizzle (Water types, maybe Dragon or Grass too)
Sand Stream (Rocks, Grounds, and Steels)
Drought (Grounds and Fires)
Snow Warning (Ice only)
Swift Swim (Water types)
Chlorophyll (Grass types)
Air Lock / Cloud 9
Pressure
Guts
Intimidate (maybe)
Pure Power / Huge Power (only to a select few otherwise weak Pokemon. We wouldn't want Huge Power Metagross, but it could work on something like Alakazam)
Torrent / Overgrow / Blaze / Swarm / whatever else (restricted to their respective types)
Stall (might have some use on something other than Sableye)
That would completely change the metagame so much that we would have Pokemon better than troublesome Abomasnow. No one would use the overrated Pokemon like Hippodown and Abomasnow. The legendaries status of Kyogre and Groudon would be gone forever unless it only passes down to just 1 or 2...but for any Pokemon to learn? Messy chemistry there. Sorry that takes the creativity away.

Now then unless you have a POkemon like Smeargle who has the Ability to Snatch other Abilities....I call that legit and...a BL?

Instead of bunch of addons like abilities and types, I'd rather see a bit of a changeup in what you do in the regular game.

Becoming a gym leader has always been something I thought you should be able to do. Basically, you'd take a slightly different route for the regular part of the game, then post-Elite 4 the game would change gears to you completing some task(s) that earn you your own specialized gym (like the mountain in GSC, but it would take longer). That would end up something like a new version of the battle tower (in terms of opponents' strength). The better your win/loss ratio the stronger your opponents get.

Another thing I would love is a game where you get to be the villain. Grand Theft Pokemon. Since GSC I've wanted to use my Tyranitar to crash into a Pokemart and take everything. There could be a parallel to the gym system for you to get stronger, plus a Fighting/Dark/Psychic starting trio.

And I agree on the one huge compilation of all Pokemon games too. But to make it extra awesome and exciting they need to do it on Wii and add a realtime battle system. Stuff like Fiore and Almia could even be included, plus a new country or something. And you could choose which country to start in, dictating your starter and how strong each subsequent country is.

I think Dual typed attacks is a dreadful idea, leave it the way it is, as far as the battling aspect of the game I don't think it needs too many changes.
Totally agree.

The thought of Blaze Kick being a Fire + Fighting attack and Muddy Water being a Ground + Water attack....lol Muddy Water would absolutely destroy Fire and Rock types (especially poor little Magcargo), and it would get double STAB from some Pokes. No thank you.

Another thing I would love is a game where you get to be the villain. Grand Theft Pokemon. Since GSC I've wanted to use my Tyranitar to crash into a Pokemart and take everything. There could be a parallel to the gym system for you to get stronger, plus a Fighting/Dark/Psychic starting trio.
Well, someone didn't play Colosseum...

Anyways, definitely agree on Ice resists Dragon, SR nerf, and Poison SE Water. I also think Steel should lose some of its ridiculous resists. Psychic- and Ghost-resists never really made sense. Hail boosting Ice-types' defense by 50% would be great, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)