5th Generation Confirmed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What sort of a pokemon could use that? Nearly all walls and tanks and things spend some time setting up or healing themselves, that's why Trick is so effective against them.

On Bulky Sweepers like Ttar, people would keep using CB because it works in a much more beneficial way.
Well Blissey and Vaporeon would enjoy that very much. Typically they rely on Wish+Protect to heal anyways, so in reality that item could easily become broken. Mixed walls such as Cresselia could abuse it, alternating Thunder Wave / Reflect / Ice Beam or Psychic. It's not like Cresselia sits in and constantly Thunder Waves an already paralyzed pokemon...

May I just ask why this thread is still alive?

The new pokemon turned out to be a shitty-looking Pichu, not a new Pokemon. I think Platinum will be out for at least 2 years before there's any news of Gen 5.

May I just ask why this thread is still alive?

The new pokemon turned out to be a shitty-looking Pichu, not a new Pokemon. I think Platinum will be out for at least 2 years before there's any news of Gen 5.
Gamefreak loves money, and seeing how DP did so well, I could easily see a 5th gen coming out a year after Platinum. I am trying to be optimistic here, lol, as I really want a Pinsir evo(which probably wouldn't happen even if 5th gen came out tomorrow).

I'm figuring 5th gen would come out fall 2010 in Japan since new generations come out every 3 to 4 years roughly. Diamond came out September 2006, so 2010 seems likely for a Japanese release. We'll probably start getting pokemon leaks soon, and this notched-ear Pichu could even have something to do with it. Attention was brought to the fact that its female, and it was kept hidden until Coro-Coro despite not really having anything to hide. So they could be adding more gender differences, old pokemon included, or possibly new markings. There's also going to be yet another Mystery Dungeon game announced in January, and some 4th gen pokemon appeared as statues in the first Mystery Dungeon games.

So, yeah, I think there could be news as early as January's Coro-Coro. There's apparently some kind of pokemon festival in January too, though I can't remember what it is...

I'm waiting for:

A Snorlax evolution
A Sharpedo evolution "elite" 600 stat pokemon(he deserves it)
Bug legendary
How about some more dragons?
What the hell, they have a steel bird, how about a more "mechanical" era?

i think it would be neat to have a move similar to U-Turn, only it's called "Tag Team", where you switch out and your partner deals the damage instead.

This speculation is stupid - 5th gen is NOT confirmed. I'm with Nachos here, amazed that this thread is still alive.

I believe that this thread is still alive because us nerds like to have something to hope for in the future (don't take that offensively)

and Arael, maybe because Sharpedo is such a cool pokemon, snorlax could be elite, and dragons are cool? IDK

Agreed, Mrs. Mime would be cool, but I want something like a Tyranitar, looks cool and hits hard. We only got one pokemon like that, Garchomp :(

that's the point female MR. mime makes no sense
Mr. Mime's Japanese name has nothing to do with Gender; to Japanese people, a female Mr. Mime (or Barrierd as they call it, thanks Serebii) is perfectly natural. That's why I seriously doubt that it's ever going to have a female-only counterpart.

Conformation of 5th gen will actually give proof sometime around January where they show a "new pokemon" in the trailer or something. But it has to do with something "new pokemon"

Chances are:

-It could be Arceus
-Next Gen Pokemon
-Pre-evo pokemon (5th gen)

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
I'm aboard the GSC remake train... only expanded a little. I think we should get maybe new Pokemon for it that are in another land. All I really care about is getting some good Lugias, Ho-Ohs, and Celebis circulating around WiFi.

But, yeah, there probably will be a 5th generation, but there's no evidence as of yet.

Something I would like to see incorporated into the 5th generation is the ability to meet/interact/battle other main characters from the previous games.

We can only hope for the best, am I right? Even if we do get a 5th Gen, don't expect alot, in fact it may be the downfall if they add a new (BAN ME PLEASE) that will eventually be discussed in moving from OU to Uber from Smogon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)