Other 6th Gen Pokemon OU Candidate Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm surprised nobody has been talking about it here: Scolipede is going to be fucking awesome this gen. +10 attack boost (90 -> 100) and Speed Boost on top of a trollish 112 base speed is huge. It has Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Spikes and Toxic Spikes on the support side, and Megahorn/Poison Jab/Earthquake as coverage isn't too shabby. Too bad Aqua Tail and Superpower are tutor moves, so it has to wait for Z for those.

It can be a great offensive spiker, a great cleaner/late game sweeper and a great Baton Passer. Hell, a SD Bug Gem lure set looks nice on paper as Megahorn hits deceptively hard, and +2 Bug Gem Megahorn OHKOs the shit outta pretty much every non-resist.

We'll see how it plays out, but imo low OU is a possibility after the metagame settles and people stop drooling over useless stuff like Greninja, Malamar and Avalugg.
You bring up a FANTASTIC Pokemon!

People don't forget that Deo-D is Unbanned and will be seeing usage. Scolipede is a great lead against him.

Let's take a look

252+ Atk Bug Gem Scolipede Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Deoxys-D: 356-422 (117.1 - 138.81%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not only is he faster, but with bug gem he can rip him apart with MegaHorn.

If we are allowed to talk about mega's i think mawile will go OU due to mega evolution... its base attack alone is more than azumarill's and then with its mega it's doubled azumarill's so that plus huge power. If it were to run a SD Iron head set it could do some serious damage even probably to something that can wall the crap outta stuff haven't done calculations yet just saying

Are there any opinions on mons that were previously banned possibly making a return this Gen? Im pretty confident Blaziken, Genesect, and all Deoxys forms will remain Uber. Im not too sure about the fate of Drizzle/Swim this Gen. Specs Kingdra still seems pretty threatening even with the weather nerf, Kabutops maybe to a lesser extent. I really hope MegaGengar doesnt make OU. I ran into a couple of users abusing the Sub/Hypnosis set. If you are not running a scarfer, Gengar will easily proceed to induce sleep, and take out every member of your team, without you being able to switch due to ShadowTag. Yeah Hypnosis has shaky accuracy, but the potential of the set alone speaks for itself.

I see Florges as having some potential. Now, granted there aren't that many special dragon types, but for those that are around, Florges could fairly easily spell death for them.

I'm surprised nobody has been talking about it here: Scolipede is going to be fucking awesome this gen. +10 attack boost (90 -> 100) and Speed Boost on top of a trollish 112 base speed is huge. It has Swords Dance, Baton Pass, Spikes and Toxic Spikes on the support side, and Megahorn/Poison Jab/Earthquake as coverage isn't too shabby. Too bad Aqua Tail and Superpower are tutor moves, so it has to wait for Z for those.

It can be a great offensive spiker, a great cleaner/late game sweeper and a great Baton Passer. Hell, a SD Bug Gem lure set looks nice on paper as Megahorn hits deceptively hard, and +2 Bug Gem Megahorn OHKOs the shit outta pretty much every non-resist.

We'll see how it plays out, but imo low OU is a possibility after the metagame settles and people stop drooling over useless stuff like Greninja, Malamar and Avalugg.
Wow, you make a really good point. And I was completely unaware that it had that much of a base speed and Speed Boost! I say with Poison Jab and Earthquake, along with Toxic Spikes (or Spikes) and Swords Dance, This thing may be OU material!

The new pokemon pretty much all suck compare to previous gens.

The pseudo legendary looks retarded and has no potential.

Aegislash has perfect typing, but shitty movepool and ability. It's pretty much the new cloyster with automatize and sword dance. Other than double dance, I don't see much.

Dragons might be weak with fairies now.

Pretty much everything is either slow or weak

However, there are exceptions:

Zygarde will be OU as a defensive dancer, but it is a Legendary. I think it will be overpowered.

108/121/95 Dragon/Ground with STAB Outrage and Earthquake and Extremespeed is very good.

Avalugg is the new best physical will a recovery, but it's ice typing will hurt it.

Last edited:

The new ghost/steel has a shitty ability and no movepool
Bro, what? Aegislash has an AMAZING ability, he has 150/150 defenses until he attacks, and can go back to 150/150 defenses at any time. He got a move that basically combines Charm, Protect, and Power Trick. His movepool is lacking, but after a boosting move and King's Shield you only really have room for two attacking moves. Shadow Claw/Sneak fit the first, and Sacred Sword is a great choice for the second, giving Aeigslash near perfect coverage barring some of the fairies this gen.

The new ghost/steel has a shitty ability and no movepool

Zygarde will be OU as a defensive dancer, but it is a Legendary. I think it will be overpowered.

108/121/95 Dragon/Ground with STAB Outrage and Earthquake and Extremespeed is very good.

Avalugg is the new best physical will a recovery, but it's ice typing will hurt it.
1. wait what, what ghst/steel are you talking about? Aegis Slash basically has about 160 in every stat besides speed if played right and a movepool that allows it to do what it is supposed to

2. The pseudo legend is a speically defensive dragon with three great abilities and decent-good offensive stats

3. Anyone who thinks dragons are weak because of the new type don't bother looking at base stats and basically ALL Dragon types AMAZING movepools.

IMO, it just looks like you're complaining for the sake of complaining, probably annoyed at the 69 pokemon thing.

Aegislash has perfect typing, but shitty movepool and ability. It's pretty much the new cloyster with automatize and sword dance. Other than double dance, I don't see much.

Aegislash's ability is amazing, though. Like, one of the best abilities. Being able to take a hit while Swords-Dancing and then shifting into Glass Cannon mode turns him into instant set-up sweeper extraordinaire.

Dragons might be weaker with fairies, but I don't see any of them being very weak now. Garchomp and Latis and most of the OU dragons will surely be as strong as ever; their movepools and stats are just that good. They're just not able to 6-0 teams with one moveset to rule them all anymore. Salamence is the one that took the biggest hit IMO, between being walled by at least three fairies and having to rely on Iron Miss for them, arguably losing its niche as a fast Scarfer, and the fact that M-Charizard-X soundly outclasses it. Of course, then there's ever-unlucky Hydreigon...

On the other hand, I don't see Zygarde being big in OU when Chompy exists. Especially when it has worse speed and movepool. Maybe the bulk will give it a niche over Garchomp, but I'd hardly call it overpowered at all.

Last edited:
True ^ but it seems too strong for UU, BL will be fitting most likely. Nothing with that kind of BST drops very low. I guess bronzong could counter it in UU, but sd/eq/outrage/es is going to rip everything else apart.

slaking and regigigas were NU
cresselia was BL2
victini, mew, shaymin, and meloetta (celebi was at one point as well) were UU
kyurem was BL

this is all last gen, BST doesn't tell the whole story

zygarde has a not so great speed stat and his atk stat is quite lacking for offensive builds, but he is really bulky (108/121/95 is really good)

on the other hand, his movepool is awesome, something like:

Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Outrage
Extreme Speed

could do some serious damage

but he has to compete with dragonite for a spot (who is bulkier thanks to his ability which will be much easier to keep intact)

True ^ but it seems too strong for UU, BL will be fitting most likely. Nothing with that kind of BST drops very low. I guess bronzong could counter it in UU, but sd/eq/outrage/es is going to rip everything else apart.
BST isn't everything. Mew, Cresselia, Shaymin, Meloetta, and Victini all share Zygarde's BST and were UU or lower in Gen 5. Mega Houndoom has 600 BST and it's very unlikely that he'll be romping around in OU. Mega Gardevoir (630), Gyarados (640), and Aggron (630) all have been heavily criticized for not getting very good benefits. It's very likely that they'll be hanging out at BL with Kyurem (BST 660). Meanwhile, Mega Tyranitar sits near the top with a BST of 700, but with no Lefties and Fairy ruining some of his fun, I doubt he'll be tested for Ubers any time soon.

The main problem with Zygarde is that he's incredibly similar to all of our other dragons, but with base stats that are close to our 100/100/100/100/100/100 pixie friends (and we all know how great they turned out). He gets a boosted defense that doesn't help him much since it's not that significant, and doesn't protect him since all of his threats are coming in from the special side. He has no recovery, and that Boost/EQ/ES/Outrage set is nothing that Dragonite can't do better. Coil is unique, but it's basically a poor dragon's Bulk Up unless you really think you need that 10% on your Dragon Tail. I'm unsure if Glare works on Electric types now in Gen 6, but even if it did, Dragonite & the Latis get Thunder Wave. He has basically no ability unless you're planning on putting him in Uber's doubles/triples like a lamb to slaughter. Frankly, I'd be surprised if he wasn't at the bottom of UU or BL2.

All of you have forget the most powerfull pokemon of that gen ... :

Go Gogoat !

Leftovers
- Synthesis/Milk Drink
- Bulk Up
- Horn Leech
- Earthquake

It's too bad that Grass-type suxx (defensively), because Gogoat could be a strong bulky pokemon.

Last edited:
For megas, Gengar, Blaziken and lucario is obvious but may get banned to ubers. Gardevour, Charizard, Alakazam, Scizor will also be OU but I will talk about those 4 first

-Gardevour gained Fairy typing which can be used in OU without mega form
-Charizard Requires spin support same with volcarona but out of those 2 mega forms the X will most likely be popular due to its rewarding typing Fire/Dragon
-Alakazam just meh
-Scizor could use its powerfull bulky SD set with mega

For non mega's Scol got buffed this gen with +10 attack and Speed Boost ability so could have a chance.

Lmfao you are so cute when you are ignorant. Please tell me how you would remake Athena's divine shield into a less shitty pokemon.

And in terms of Pseudos the only real disappointment is Dragalge. Goodra will do amazing and Noivern has a niche place on teams as a ChoiceSpec set.

Lol gods of olympus im still laughing at your Aegislash comment

Lmfao you are so cute when you are ignorant. Please tell me how you would remake Athena's divine shield into a less shitty pokemon.

And in terms of Pseudos the only real disappointment is Dragalge. Goodra will do amazing and Noivern has a niche place on teams as a ChoiceSpec set.

Lol gods of olympus im still laughing at your Aegislash comment
Noivern and Dragalge are not pseudo's, only Goodra fits the pseudo legendary.

"Pseudo" doesn't mean just any Dragon-type; it's specifically the non-legendaries that have 600 BST, like Dragonite and Tyranitar. Goodra is the only one that fits the bill this gen; Dragalge has 494 and Noivern has 535.

The Aegislash bashing post is lol.

Anyways, I really want to believe Goodra will do well in OU, but I just don't see it happening. He gets good Sp. Atk and Atk, but they definitely aren't even close to being wallbreaker level. And, yes, he has great Sp.Def, but he's laughably weak to other OU Dragons that outpace him and can abuse his poor Defense. Azumarrill also stomps all over him with ease. Generally this would be forgivable as he does have the potential to be part of a really unique core, but he lacks instant recovery moves, status inducing attacks (he only gets toxic when t-wave is what he needs), and team support moves.

He has an alright movepool with ok offensive stats, so his mixtank set is kind of cool, but at that point he's outclassed by MixNite who can come in on more attacks, is bulkier on both ends of the spectrum with multiscale, has a better movepool, instant recovery options, priority attacks, status attacks, and boasts a higher attack stat with a close Sp. Atk.

I can see him performing well in UU. But in OU he just seems like a niche player in teams that really need a dedicated specially defensive dragon on their team.

I see Malamar as an absolute crusher of set-up sweepers with this set:

Malamar(Contrary) @ Focus Sash
Jolly(+Spd -SpA) 252 Spd 252 Att 4 SpD

Topsy-Turvy
Psycho Cut
Foul Play/Night Slash
Superpower

It won't be taking many hits do to it's craptacular typing (Seriously, NO resists?).

The Aegislash bashing post is lol.

Anyways, I really want to believe Goodra will do well in OU, but I just don't see it happening. He gets good Sp. Atk and Atk, but they definitely aren't even close to being wallbreaker level. And, yes, he has great Sp.Def, but he's laughably weak to other OU Dragons that outpace him and can abuse his poor Defense. Azumarrill also stomps all over him with ease. Generally this would be forgivable as he does have the potential to be part of a really unique core, but he lacks instant recovery moves, status inducing attacks (he only gets toxic when t-wave is what he needs), and team support moves.

He has an alright movepool with ok offensive stats, so his mixtank set is kind of cool, but at that point he's outclassed by MixNite who can come in on more attacks, is bulkier on both ends of the spectrum with multiscale, has a better movepool, instant recovery options, priority attacks, status attacks, and boasts a higher attack stat with a close Sp. Atk.

I can see him performing well in UU. But in OU he just seems like a niche player in teams that really need a dedicated specially defensive dragon on their team.
Someone did a Calc in the thread for the Assault Vest item in which she can actually survive a Choice Specs Draco Meteor from Latios with 252 HP and can OHKO back with it's own Draco Meteor at 252 Sp.Atk. In every way Goodra is an excellent Bulky Attacker. Can switch in pretty easily on a special attack and even without being able to recover has some great staying power.

Gooey punishes a physical attacker and sets you up to revenge kill it if you left Goodra in.

I highly doubt Goodra will get knocked into UU. You just can't use her like ANY of the other Dragon types that will, more than likely, be in the OU tier.

Im still unsure as to where you can really place Goordra. While Sap Sipper may be situational, Gooey and Hydration allow for excellent rain walling (and regular walling). I dont want to say hed probably just be UU id rather state hed be UU at worst. With Goodra's current movepool you can go for an offensive bulk or tank. If there big changes in OU where some dragons/fighting/steels go down in tier and stuff then Goodra definitely has a niche in OU as a spdef. Even if things dont change so much he could still be abused in rain. I think his placement seriously depends on Fairies in OU. I believe Mega-Mawile and Azumarill with PlayRough could be the banes of Goodra

Edit: also with or without Assault vest Latias has a better recovery unless you use rest/hydration or rest/tal

Pokemon

Aegislash is 100% ou no problem
Goodra will be ou its bulk is just so good
Noivern will be low ou at most its just not latios/latias without the weather nerf it would be ou because of hurricane
Klefki could be ou with that prankster spikes because its pretty cool and has an immunity that it can get in on
Dragalgae i just cant see it making it there and i do really like it :(
Sylveon i can see this making it ou at the beginning at least its has passible stats and a great typing
Greninja i think this will go the way of darmanitan

For megas

Gengar will be ou and suspected eventually imo
Alakzam will be solid ou
Mawile could make it not sure yet seems underwhelming
Absols great ability might push it over the line
Manetric i dont see being that good at all
Lucario Yes all the yes ou all the way
Charizard i dont seee this getting much use at all
Blastoise Meh theres better pokes and i wouldnt waste my mega
Garchomp hahahahahahaha yes all the ou
Scizor of course will be ou

i know i missed some but i dont see the need to type them all out im sure someone already has

the main problem with some megas is the fact that you only get one and would YOU waste it on Medicham and other friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)