A BDefensive NU team

Ok I made a NU w/ little differences here and there and I might need help w/ this one

Girafarig w/ Leftovers Inner Focus
Modest Nature(+ sp. att./ - att.)
252 HP/ 32 def./ 64 spd./ 162 sp.att
-Psychic
-Grass knot
-Wish
-Magic Coat

This is the lead set from smogon is has prvoe to be useful when it comes to status w/ magic coat to bounce status moves back at it. then Psychic is there for STAB and grass knot is for heavy pokes along w/ water and ground/ pokes who think they can wall this set. Wish is to be a healer.
I can use this against ghost no problem just in case w/ gardivoir( ppl forget it's also a normal type often)

Marowak w/ thick club rock head
Jolly nat. (+spd./-sp.att)
252 att./ 252 spd./ 4 HP
-earthquake
-stone edge
-Double edge
-fire punch

This is the typical Marowak set which has good type coverage. EQ is for STAB and paired w/ stone edge covers most types. fire punch is for grass types who can somewhat sponge EQ. Double Edge is for the rest of the pokes which can take all the other movs and is reliable because of Rock Head (no recoil)

Stanler w/ King's rock Intimidate
Adament Nature(+ att./-sp.att)
56 HP/ 252 Att./ 200 spd.
-Thunder Wave
-Confuse Ray
-Stomp
-Earthquake

This is the Para flinch set which is supposed to slow down the team.
I gave it just enough EVs on Hp to hit 301 HP and I put the rest on Speed to induce T. wave on ppl. stomp is to have a good chance the poke will flinch. King's rock is to supplement the effect more. earthquake is to take care of the rock/ground pokes who wall this set and confuse ray is to annony the pokemon more

Gardivoir w/ Leftovers Trace
Modest nat. (+sp. att./-att.)
122 HP/ 252 Sp. Att./ 136 Sp. Def.
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Thunder Wave
-Will-o-Wisp

Thhis is a double status pokemon. Psychic is for STAB, Focus Blast is for the pokes who resist psychic and Dark types. T. Wave is there to slow pokemon down while WoW is to lower a physical poke's attack.

Magneton w/ leftovers
Bold (+def./ -att.)
252 HP/ 252 def./ 4 sp.attack
-Iron Defense
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Hidden Power Fire

This is my defensive Magneton w/ Iron defense hoping it can stall Physical pokemon. Thunderbolt is for STAB, Iron defense is fore adding more Defense while Thunder Wave is to slow Physical pokemon and HP fire is to take out steel types in the trap.

Politoed w/ Leftovers Water Absorb
Calm(+ sp. def./- att.)
252 HP/ 252 sp. Def./ 4 Sp. att.
-refresh
-perish song
-surf
-ice beam

Politoed is my special defense wall with perish song just ing case thet switch out. refresh also makes it my instant natural cure and surf/ice beam are moves to cover some typs that my wall this set.

that's a summary of allt hose pokemon. the main point of this team is to slow the general team down to size and I need help w/ stanler and maybe switch out a pokemon for vilpime w/ stun spore for thwe groundf but I'm lost and I'll be glad to get some help w/ this. What should I replace stanler w/? and I might need a sweeper who benefits from the whole paralysis oriented team

Using perish song to pseudo haze your opponent isn't all too valuable with no entry hazards. With all of the paralysis I can assume your point is to set up a Marowak sweep, which if you saw my old sig, was one of my own favorite things.

As for the lead, I would replace him with a set more like this
Kangaskhan (Scrappy) @ Leftovers
252 HP / 56 Atk / 200 Def
~ Fake Out
~ Sucker Punch
~ Focus Punch
~ Counter

This lead is also good at spreading damage around without sharing Gardevoir's pursuit weakness. Alternatively you can run a standard lead Persian, but this lead has a better time dealing with ghosts than the feline (though I would note they are a bit uncommon). The Stantler you have doesn't seem too bad, but I personally feel you'd be better suited with Miltank firing off Scrappy body slams then relying on ParaHax. Politoed could also go to Slowking to form the infamous NU defensive combo of MilKing, which might I add you have to way to get around. If you decide to put in Miltank you will have the physical spectrum covered and can replace Magneton with a Wall Breaker of your own, Marowak hates trying to sweep with walls in the way!

EDIT: Also wanted to note that HP Ground could be viable on Gardevoir to hit Skunktank harder, as well as removing Will-o-wisp unless there's a good reason for it. Gardevoir's support movepool is endless so this can go to wish to heal herself and others, or even something like Healing Wish if you fancy trying your Marowak sweep twice.

Welcome to smogon, I hope these help, and best of luck!

is there another good physical pokemon that can paralyze and be good defense? I'm trying something that is not so popular in NU. thanks for the help man I really appreciated u really helped my team.

Also i could provide you with a good tank set for marowak
Marowak (M) @ Thick Club
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Bonemerang
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Swords Dance

This set could stick with the theme of your team "Defensive NU team" it can take Physical hits, while still been able to deal hits with a combination of swords dance and thick club, Bonemarang is there to hit through subs but can be replaced with earthquake for more power, fire punch is there for grass types, Stone edge gives coverage with the stone quake combination, as well as been able to hit flying types

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)