A BOONDOCKS RMT

A BOONDOCKS RMT (Peaked at #10)

Ok so this is my first rmt. I decided to name all the characters after people from the boondocks since its my favorite show. I concider myself to be a great battler and this is a great team imo. I dont expect to change much but if you guys have a suggestion, i wanna hear it since this team is far from perfect. Im not gonna show you guys how the team was built, cuz to be honest i just slapped a few pokes on a team and changed them around if they didnt perform well. I wanted this team to be able to beat offence, stall, and balenced teams *cliché i know*. So i thought to myself, what does offence hate? Obviously stall but full stall isnt my style. They also hate scarfers so i decided to use 2 on my team. All my other teams before this only used 1 scarfer so i didnt know if it was a good idea to include 2. It was and i havent regreted it. Anyway all styles of play hate entry hazards so i threw on skarm and a spinblocker. Heatran and flygon are my scarfers, while shaymin and suicune check threats the others cant handle (mainly suicune and friends). This team peaked at #10 so its at least decent (or you all noobs). Here is a more detailed look at the team:

(F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Explosion
- Flamethrower
- Stealth Rock

This guy is a beast. Almost no one expects scarftran as a lead so its extremely effective. Early game he sets up sr, and late game he cleans up or checks pokemon like jirachi and lucario. Naive nature in order to do more damage to suicunes since he often has to explode against them. Its so funny to get free ko's on infernape and gengar because they dont expect me to be scarfed. Heres what i do against the top 10 leads:

1 | Azelf- Sr as they taunt or sr. If they taunt i get a free switch *usually to flygon* and if they sr i usually go to rotom to take the explosion. Win

2 | Machamp- If im feeling ballsy i stay in and setup sr. But usually i go to rotom to take the DP and then to skarm to take the payback. Then i bravebird while i get confused and then 50% of the time i get up a layer of spikes. Can be problematic if it outspeeds skarmory. Tie

3 | Aerodactyl- Sr while they taunt. Sometimes they eq and ko me. If that happens i go to flygon to break its sash. I say this is a win since if a team uses aerodactl they probably dont like sr to be up. Win

4 | Metagross- Sr because i know if they ko me ill get 2 layers of spikes down. Win

5 | Swampert- ^^

6 | Jirachi- They run so i set up Sr. An increasing number have been staying in on me though. Win

7 | Infernape- Setup sr and get ko'd. But usually they dont cc because they expect me to switch out. Tie

8 | Roserade- Sr and get put to sleep. None of my members mind toxic spikes. Win

9 | Heatran- Sr while they ko me or setup sr themselves. Either way i go to suicune next. Tie

10| Ninjask- Sr as they sub. Go to suicune as they ragequit. Worse case senario they sd first turn but even then suicune can take a +2 almost anything and roar. If it goes to a gyrados i may be fucked however. Win

Heatran is named after Riley since he is a soilder. He has no problem dieing for his homies while doing a mission (or in this case set up sr and die). He fears almost nothing, just like riley.
---

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/222 Def/16 Spd/20 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Substitute
- Discharge
- Will-o-wisp

Offencive teams hate rotom. They hate sub rotom even more. His job is to spread status, counter gyrados, absorb explosions, and stall blissey. Also, he burns curselax so that shaymin can seed it. This guy can threaten almost everything, bar sub jolteon, gliscor, and breloom. I chose discharge over shadow ball in order to do more damage to heatran and suicune. Concidering shadow ball over it though. Thoughts?

Rotom=stinkmeaner since theyre both ghosts. Stinkmeaner's also in a much bigger, scarier toaster known as hell. At least hes not in jail, right?
---

(F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/20 Spd/236 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird
- Roost

Skarm is perhaps the most important member of the team. His spikes are invaluable in wearing down other teams. Its so funny to be down 1-6, only to have my opponents last 6 pokes die to spikes *its happened*. Brave bird is to kill infernapes, brelooms, and machamps. Concidering taunt to force more switches, but i really like killing those 3, and gengar. Skarmory fits extremely well into my team, with heatran absorbing fire attacks, rotom blocking for him, and flygon absorbing electric attacks. Epic win.

Skarm=Huey because i tend to play him extremely smartly. I often bring him in on a double switch or on predected choice locked attacks. If he doesnt get spikes down i usually lose *though he almost always does*

---
Shaymin @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/4 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Seed Flare
- Leech Seed
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest

Oh shaymin how i love thee. Without you i wouldnt be able to cause switches via leach seed, stall blissey and snorlax, or wall rotom. I choose shaymin over celebi because he isnt weak to rotoms shadow ball, and can beat any version of ttar 1 on 1. Hp fire is so forteress and skarm dont have a feild day setting up on me. It also keeps scizor in check. Honestly im torn between hp fire and ice, but i think fire is the better decision. The eves are to be able to have bulk and speed. I need the speed to outrun gliscor and timid suicune. Tieing other shaymin is nice too. Oh and cant forget about jolly luke.

Shaymin=thugnificant because they both came from rags to bitches (shaymin from bl to ou)

---

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Suicune was chosen as a full stop to heatran because flygon and my heatran can be easily ko'd by the right attack. They also cant do much to sub versions. Suicune's other job is to absorb status and serve as a secondary phaser. Teams only have so many pokes that can beat this guy and they are easily removed *bar rest shaymin*. So usually he "sweeps". Jolteon is handled by flygon and shaymin while grass types are beaten by heatran and skarmory. Breloom is trouble, but you will see that in the threat list.

Suicune=grandad since he just refused to die!

---

Flygon (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Thunderpunch

Secondary revenge killer and primary u-turner. I usually try to keep him alive at all costs since heatran is too slow to revenge stuff like jolly gyrados and dragonite (i know i have rotom for gyra but flinch is gay). Plus i like to have at least 2 pokes that outspead gengar. My defence against subseeders and my momentum getter. Often creates free turns for skarmory. After starmie has killed rotom i bring in flygon to force it do die or eat more spikes. So starmie rarely gets to spin.

Flygon=slickback since he is oso slick with his u-turns and rarely gets trapped. Besides, anything with stats as mediocure as his that makes ou is a pimp in my eyes

Remember all advice is welcome

Im not gonna post a full threatlist but here are some pokes that give me trouble:

- Sleeps a poke and most likely kills another. Shaymin can counter at full health once someone takes the sleep, but still very dangerous.

- Offencive suicune is a bitch. I cant tell you how many times i lost because of shaymins seed flare missing. It doesnt 2hko after a calm mind anyway while i get 2hko'd (or frozen) by ice beam. Usually im forced to roar with my suicune or explode with heatran.

- Can beat rotom with some luck. If it does i have to explode heatran or spam tpunch with flygon. Suicune can roar non boosting versions.

- Offencive versions are trouble. If it lacks heat wave i leach seed with shaymin, but if it has 3 attacks im forced to try to paralayze with rotom or explode with heatran. Sub roost versions are checked by shaymin but if theyre paired with breloom or scizor i could be screwed (reason being scizor comes in on a rest and u-turns right back to zapdos).

- A bitch to any team. DD versoins force me to outrage with flygon and mix versions can punch holes. Luckily suicune can take a couple hits from it.

- Comes in on rotom and forces me to sac a revenge killer. Suicune is a counter but takes a huge hit and usually takes damage or is resting

- Boosting apes with priority can sweep me if flygon is damaged

I gotta say, I really like this team on paper. There are a few suggestions I would like to make though, which can be broken down into a few sections, depending on which you go with.

First of all, I think using Calm Mind over Sleep Talk on that Suicune will do loads for you in terms of allowing you to phaze better and putting up some sort of threat against stall teams. It would also give you the ability to set up alongside other Calm Mind Pokemon and phaze them away before they can strike, giving you a huge advantage. Calm Mind Roar Cune with Spikes + Stealth Rock is one of my favorite combos, which is what led me to rate this team to begin with.

Next, I want to offer you two choices. First of all, if you don't want to change your lineup, I would highly recommend using Protect over Rest on Shaymin. Leech Seed + Protect + entry hazards makes Shaymin deadly as hell, and a user's usual counter will not be able to switch in more than a few times with that combo. Think about it: if something normal switches into SR + Spikes, they take 25%, and if they get hit by Leech Seed, that's another 12.5% (37.5% total at this point). Next turn you Protect, and they're out 50% easily. Then you switch, and if they stay in, they're looking at losing 62.5% just by trying to counter a Pokemon. That's just with one layer of Spikes too.

However, if you're accepting member changes, I would like to suggest possibly combining your Skarmory and Shaymin roles into a specially defensive Roserade with Spikes, Leech Seed, and your choice for the last two slots (though I recommend one of your moves being Hidden Power Ice so that you can make sure Dragonite isn't setting up on you, and so you can break Zapdos's Subs and Leech Seed it when appropriate, and also be a check to Breloom). With those two roles combined, you open yourself up for another Pokemon to choose from. In that slot, I would like to suggest a Calm Mind, Wish, Psychic, Thunderbolt Jirachi with just enough Spe to beat Jolly Lucarios, max HP, and the rest in SpA. That set provides you with an okay check against Gengar, Breloom (after sleep fodder and sub have been broken), a way of damaging Dragonite locked into Outrage, Togekiss, and some variations of Zapdos (though Heat Wave Zapdos still gives you some problems). With that, the only threat you have listed that Jirachi doesn't help against in some way is Infernape, who between Suicune and Flygon I think you are okay against.

Finally, I just wanted to point out that against Aerodactyl leads, it might be a better idea to switch to Flygon immediately and U-turn out to break its sash. Heatran + Flygon make for a pretty good lead combo in general, so I hope you play it a bit differently in the future :)

All in all great team though, and one of my personal favorite strategies!

I gotta say, I really like this team on paper. There are a few suggestions I would like to make though, which can be broken down into a few sections, depending on which you go with.

First of all, I think using Calm Mind over Sleep Talk on that Suicune will do loads for you in terms of allowing you to phaze better and putting up some sort of threat against stall teams. It would also give you the ability to set up alongside other Calm Mind Pokemon and phaze them away before they can strike, giving you a huge advantage. Calm Mind Roar Cune with Spikes + Stealth Rock is one of my favorite combos, which is what led me to rate this team to begin with.

Next, I want to offer you two choices. First of all, if you don't want to change your lineup, I would highly recommend using Protect over Rest on Shaymin. Leech Seed + Protect + entry hazards makes Shaymin deadly as hell, and a user's usual counter will not be able to switch in more than a few times with that combo. Think about it: if something normal switches into SR + Spikes, they take 25%, and if they get hit by Leech Seed, that's another 12.5% (37.5% total at this point). Next turn you Protect, and they're out 50% easily. Then you switch, and if they stay in, they're looking at losing 62.5% just by trying to counter a Pokemon. That's just with one layer of Spikes too.

However, if you're accepting member changes, I would like to suggest possibly combining your Skarmory and Shaymin roles into a specially defensive Roserade with Spikes, Leech Seed, and your choice for the last two slots (though I recommend one of your moves being Hidden Power Ice so that you can make sure Dragonite isn't setting up on you, and so you can break Zapdos's Subs and Leech Seed it when appropriate, and also be a check to Breloom). With those two roles combined, you open yourself up for another Pokemon to choose from. In that slot, I would like to suggest a Calm Mind, Wish, Psychic, Thunderbolt Jirachi with just enough Spe to beat Jolly Lucarios, max HP, and the rest in SpA. That set provides you with an okay check against Gengar, Breloom (after sleep fodder and sub have been broken), a way of damaging Dragonite locked into Outrage, Togekiss, and some variations of Zapdos (though Heat Wave Zapdos still gives you some problems). With that, the only threat you have listed that Jirachi doesn't help against in some way is Infernape, who between Suicune and Flygon I think you are okay against.

Finally, I just wanted to point out that against Aerodactyl leads, it might be a better idea to switch to Flygon immediately and U-turn out to break its sash. Heatran + Flygon make for a pretty good lead combo in general, so I hope you play it a bit differently in the future :)

All in all great team though, and one of my personal favorite strategies!
Thanks for the rate and the compliments!

As it is this team already threatens stall pretty badly. Once skarm is all setup and suicune starts roaring there is not much stall can do. Rotom's discharge wont 2hko me, wish blissey will never get to recover, gyrados has to continuously rest, skarm is outsped to the roar, etc. Both rotom and shaymin can outstall blissey and threaten almost everything else. The only thing i have to look out for are bulky grass types, witch are rarely used on stall and just allow me to ww with skarm. I can see how cm will help against offence but i really dont like to be a sitting duck after i rest. I will test it though.

I am accepting member changes to the team. Without rest shaymin becomes extremely volnerable to toxic spikes and can no longer outstall blissey like i need it to. Protect is extremely useful though so if anything i'd replace seed flare for it. Now before you call me an idiot, hear me out. The only thing seed flare threatens is ground, water and rock types. Almost every ground is walled by skarm, water types arent getting past suicune (unless its name is starmie, but he is handled by flygon/rotom), and the only rock type i can think of is ttar who wont like to be seeded. Sure i lose stab against the likes of rotom but its not like its beating me anytime soon anyway. Maybe this is a bad idea IDK, its just a thought.

To be honest i never tried roserade outside of the lead position, but i have played against it and does decently. If i do make the switch though it leaves me pretty open to gliscor. Anyteam with spikes and a taunt gliscor can continusly spam taunt until suicune dies. And its GG once that happens. With shaymin i can at least i can leach seed it before the taunt and not take nuetrual damage from eq. Once again i will test it though. As for the cm rachi it seems like a great idea but whether or not i change it depends on how well roserade does.

Against aerodactyl i guess we just have different playstyles. Once again thanks for the rate.

Ok i know this rmt is a bit old but i moved and didnt have internet for a while. Anyway i tested roserade and it didnt do as well as i hoped. With it i became pretty weak to tyranitar with flygon being the only thing that can really threaten dd versions. Also against metagross leads i cant get any hazards up since he easily beats heatran and roserade. At least with skarm i could get free layers against him and threaten machamp.

Currently im trying to incorperate gliscor onto the team and maybe gengar over rotom. If every member on my team can threaten starmie then it will have to sac itself just to spin. Therefore rotom might not be needed. With him gone i will have a breloom counter and a much bigger offensive threat.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)