A Farewell to Arms: Part I

Just curious, did you ever run Trick on Azelf? It seems like a decent stop to physical (really bulky) walls once Heatran goes down.

Hello, this is a great team you have, so congrats on that. There are just a couple of things that I'd like to nitpick on.

First of all, I'd recommend a spread of 144 Atk / 112 SDef / 252 Spe on Azelf. This allows you to take lead LO Starmie's Hydro Pump so you can retaliate with U-turn. Going to Kingdra and revealing your sweeper turn 1 isn't exactly ideal, which is why I am recommending this.

I also think you should consider running Adamant on Flygon. The main reason to run Jolly, now that Mence is uber, is to tie with other Jolly ScarfGon and ScarfRachi. However, part of your strategy is luring opposing Flygon into using Outrage so you can Explode on it, so that is redundant. As for ScarfRachi, you can easily switch Gross in on Ice Punch and cripple something, or Heatran, or Kingdra, or anything really. Adamant's power is excellent, as I believe it is capable of 2HKOing Gliscor after Stealth Rock. You lose out on revenging AgiliGross, but with your own Metagross being sturdy enough to take an EQ, you can use that and either Trick it the Iron Ball or EQ it for the kill if it's weakened enough. In a pinch, ShucaTran can even take an EQ and retaliate with Fire Blast, so you're pretty safe against it.
Not to mention AgiliGross can't really set up anywhere bar Flygon's own Outrage, which can be lured out by opposing DD Kingdra (Kingdra+Metagross is a potent, fairly combination, so it is definitely something to be concerned of). A smart Gross player will set up two Agilities on the locked in Flygon, so running Jolly wouldn't save you there at all.

I also see SD Bullet Punch Lucario as having the potential to sweep you if it gets a Swords Dance up, but those are very rare and again, can really only set up on a predicted switch from Heatran or an Outrage from Flygon (which still does a pretty nasty chunk, from which you can LO stall it).

Just some things to consider. Excellent team and good luck.

I also see SD Bullet Punch Lucario as having the potential to sweep you if it gets a Swords Dance up, but those are very rare and again, can really only set up on a predicted switch from Heatran or an Outrage from Flygon (which still does a pretty nasty chunk, from which you can LO stall it).
One of the few times i beat smurf.'s team was when i acidently in team builder clicked bullet punch over crunch (whats the chances i acidently pick not only a useful move, but move my opponent is weak to, lol)? I wanted to second this weakness, however I agree that bullet punch luke is so rare as to not be all that troubling.

Gouki

nice times all the times
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Past SPL Champion
yeah it's a very good team. you might consider using jirachi over meta, as the original team that you've taken credit for had!

If I recall correctly (and I'm fairly sure I am, seeing as though I'm looking at it now), my terrorist cup team never consisted of jirachi. But thank you for the rate and yes it is a very good team!

Oh the memorys of my own exposion team. I set up for a sweep with Luke instead of Kingdra and my non-exploder was a bellylax lead that obltiterated everything because no one expcted it. How ever my exploders were Fortress, Metagross, Azelf, and Electrode. I hope this inspired you to make some modifacatons to your team.

Everyone who's accusing him of stealing a team- are you seriously telling me you didn't see these pokemon and these sets on just about every other team? Scarfgon, Shucatran, CB Azelf Lead, Chesto Rest Kingdra, Sub gengar, only thing a tad out of the ordinary is trick + iron ball metagross. Other than that, complete cookie cutter 4th gen OU we've all seen a million of.

It is a very good team however stale it is, most 4th gen teams make me sick, at least you dont have a FWG core. I don't know what to improve on as your members compliment each other well, everyone uses Vaporeon for Gengar last I checked so you can boom all over those, clearing the path for Kingdra. Kingdra has great synergy with Flygon, not only being the only revenge killer in the game but also giving you a double dragon team to play with. Your team is a bit weak to Bullet punch luke if it somehow sets up, as well as a well played Gyarados, most Flygon (and probably yours) just come in and thunderpunch away. However, CB Tar can switch in and OHKO with Pursuit. Again I dont see any change that would benefit your team overall, just telling you to play carefully against those two.

Good job with the team and good riddance of the 4th gen.

Edit- I started reading A Farewell to Arms a few days ago lol!

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
Everyone who's accusing him of stealing a team- are you seriously telling me you didn't see these pokemon and these sets on just about every other team? Scarfgon, Shucatran, CB Azelf Lead, Chesto Rest Kingdra, Sub gengar, only thing a tad out of the ordinary is trick + iron ball metagross. Other than that, complete cookie cutter 4th gen OU we've all seen a million of.

It is a very good team however stale it is, most 4th gen teams make me sick, at least you dont have a FWG core. I don't know what to improve on as your members compliment each other well, everyone uses Vaporeon for Gengar last I checked so you can boom all over those, clearing the path for Kingdra. Kingdra has great synergy with Flygon, not only being the only revenge killer in the game but also giving you a double dragon team to play with. Your team is a bit weak to Bullet punch luke if it somehow sets up, as well as a well played Gyarados, most Flygon (and probably yours) just come in and thunderpunch away. However, CB Tar can switch in and OHKO with Pursuit. Again I dont see any change that would benefit your team overall, just telling you to play carefully against those two.

Good job with the team and good riddance of the 4th gen.

Edit- I started reading A Farewell to Arms a few days ago lol!

Hasty shuca tran is not a cleaver idea, considering that the shuca berry is there to help you take EQ's and the hasty nature counteracts this. Naive, or modest with attack ev's, would be better options.

A calm mind Jirachi also does metagross' job much better, setting up on rotom and Skarmory instead of relying on the unreliable trick. Jirachi also helps you out vs Suicune, Gyarados, Stall, Bullet punch lucario etc.

EDIT: Just read Gouki's post ... Lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)