A Storm is Blowing (Standard Sandstorm Team)

First edit:​
At a glance:

Ferrothorn@ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
EV's: 252 Hp / 216 SpD / 40 Spe
Sassy
Spikes
Leach Seed
Gyro Ball
Power Whip

Ferrothorn will help against any pesky water types. Plus it just overall an amazing wall that can be annoying to get rid of.

Tyranitar@ Chople Berry
Sandstream
EV’s: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 48 SpA / 8 Spe
Sassy
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Crunch
Ice Beam

Tyranitar will be the obvious lead to get sandstorm going and to set Stealth Rock up right away. Fire Blast counters any steal types like Ferratorn or Skarmory that try to wall.

Excadrill@ Air Balloon
Sand Rush
EV’s: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Adamant
Earthquake
Sword Dance
Rock Slide
X-Scissor

Excadrill is the main physical attacker on the team. There isn't much competition out there for him. He just Sword Dances and prepares to sweep.

Jellicent@ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Bold
EV's: 248 HP / 216 Def / 48 Sp3
Will-O-Wisp
Recover
Scald
Taunt

Jellicent is the counter to waters. It'll wall them all day long. Plus it'll stop others from setting up with Taunt. Will-O-Wisp will cripple any sweepers.

Gliscor@ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
EV’s: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 Spe
Impish
Sword Dance
Taunt
Ice Fang
Earthquake

Gliscor is here to make sure fighting types that would otherwise wreck this team don't last long.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Def / 4 HP
Modest
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Calm Mind
Recover

Reuniclus is the only special attacker on the team. He stops a lot of the fighting pokemon that some members are weak to. Plus can hit waters harder than anyone else on the team can.

This is my first time trying to make a competitive team. I'm playing it pretty safe and am for the most part using movesets that are tried and true.

Are there any major weaknesses that I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

Original:​
At a glance:

Magnezone @ Light Clay
Magnet Pull
EV's: 252 Hp / 96 Def / 162 SpD
Calm
Light Screen
Reflect
Thunder Wave
Volt Charge

Magnezone will lead the team and set up Light Screen and Reflect before switching out with Volt Change to Hippowdon. It will also cripple sweepers with Thunder Wave.

Hippowdon@ Leftovers
Sandstream
EV’s: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Slack Off
Ice Fang

Hippowdon will be the one Magnezone switches out with to get the sandstorm going. Once in she'll set up SR and just wall any physical attackers. She'll also be the counter for Excadrill. Ice Fang can pop any balloon and help some against dragons.

Excadrill@ Air Balloon
Sand Rush
EV’s: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Hp
Adamant
Earthquake
Sword Dance
Rock Slide
X-Scissor

Excadrill is the main physical attacker on the team. There isn't much competition out there for him. He just Sword Dances and prepares to sweep.

Swampert@ Leftovers
Torrent
Evs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SpD
Relaxed
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Roar

Swampert is the one I'm not really sure about. Can re-set up SR if Hippowdon can't and also be able to phase pokemon out. Plus can be a thread to some dragons. However I'm not really sure if he's the best pick for this spot. He's mostly here since he has some resistances that others don't have on the team and doesn't bring really anymore weaknesses.

Garchomp@ Leftovers
Sand Veil
EV’s: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 76 Def / 60 Spe
Jolly
Dragon Claw
Dragon Tail
Earthquake
Protect

Unlike most Garchomp mine here is for mostly scouting and phasing out any annoyances. It has STAB EQ and Dragon Claw to it's disposal though.

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Evs: 252 SpA / 252 Def / 4 HP
Modest
Psyshock
Focus Blast
Calm Mind
Recover

Reuniclus is the only special attacker on the team. He stops a lot of the fighting pokemon that some members are weak to. Plus can hit waters harder than anyone else on the team can.

This is my first time trying to make a competitive team. I'm playing it pretty safe and am for the most part using movesets that are tried and true. I feel that everyone on the team has a definite spot besides Swampert. I feel that there could be a someone better however I'm unable to find one.

Are there any major weaknesses that I've overlooked?

Thanks in advance!

I would bump grass knot for Energy orb. 9 times out of 10 it will hit harder.

Second, 2 SR pokes is redundant. By the time the second one makes it into the game, its often to late to have a very noticeable impact.

Love you're Rueiniclus btw, I used to run 1 on my SS team. Very helpful indeed.

Where's gastrodon on your first edit? Dunno if it's my computer or if you just haven't added it but i can't see it :/
Sorry about that. I hit save before I had finished.

I've made some changes due to some advice from different places.

So what do you guys think about the team after the "First Edit?"

@Saxon5

If you want some better explanations I'll come up with some tomorrow. It is just too late right now to think.:p

Sorry about that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)