(AB) Glass Pyramid: Chapter 1 (Beta, staring Maxim and Its_A_Random) - COMPLETE

Evening gents, and welcome to the beta test of Glass Pyramid...well, the second test, anyway. I'm Wanderer, I'll be your DM for tonight. Max, I know you've heard this all before, but IAR hasn't, so let's lay down some ground rules...

1) There's a DQ time of three days for you guys, and five for me. I'd joke about how nobody pays attention to that, but that's what killed the first beta. So don't John...please?
2) This campaign will be using the special mechanics listed in the AB general thread - namely, horde battles and multiple attacks. This being the first chapter, I'll review them with you guys as they come along. In addition, Glass Pyramid also uses the light and shadow-types introduced in To Defy the End - if you or your pokemon have attacks of either type, they will work here.
3) In combat, you get two substitutions per round. If the enemy gets multiple attacks per action, whichever attack gets the highest priority takes precedence in regards to subs.
4) You and your pokemon get to equip items.
5) All abilities are available to you, except those that are locked or available only by mega evolution.
6) You have two recoveries and five chills available per character outside of battle. IN battle, however, there is no limit.
7) No talking about Taylor Swift. Taylor Swift is shit. SHIT. SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
8) NO MAGICAL REALMS. Time and place, this will always be neither.

Alright, now that we've gotten that out of the way, let's look at your character sheets. Max, if you would?​

Maxim:

Xavier (M)
Nature: Quirky (No Effect on Stats)

Bio: "I wonder what would happen if we mixed a Lilipup with a Honedge? Oooh! Dogs riding blade scooters!"

Xavier is a trainer from Kalos, known for his lax attitude and cloudcuckoolander habits. He always has his Ice Pokemon, as well as his trusty (and ever beleaguered) Reuniclus Cosmo. As it would happen, he is one of the five heroes of Kalos, and as part of the radiation of the Ultimate Weapon he has developed some rather odd qualities.

Type:
Normal/Fairy

Abilities:
Fairy Aura/Pixilate

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 55
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4

Attacks:
Universal:
Growl
Leer
Meditate
Pound
Rage
Slam
Struggle
Tackle
Tickle

Fairy:
Aromatherapy
Aromatic Mist
Baby-Doll Eyes
Charm
Crafty Shield
Dazzling Gleam
Disarming Voice
Draining Kiss
Fairy Lock
Fairy Wind
Flower Shield
Geomancy
Helping Hand
Misty Terrain
Play Rough
Sweet Kiss

Normal:
Covet
Echoed Voice
False Swipe
Follow Me
Foresight
Frustration
Helping Hand
Quick Attack
Return
Sing
Work Up

Commands:
Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Reuniclus [Cosmo] (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Psychic

Abilities:
Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator (H)

Stats:

HP: 110
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 26 (30/1.15)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Attacks (23/80):
Level Up*:
Charm
Dizzy Punch
Endeavor
Future Sight
Heal Block
Hidden Power Ground
Light Screen
Pain Split
Psychic
Psyshock
Psywave
Recover
Reflect
Rollout
Skill Swap
Snatch
Wonder Room

Egg:
Acid Armor
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Night Shade
Trick

Tutor:
Signal Beam

TM:
Double Team
Energy Ball
Protect
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Thunder

Going with the same as the last attempt, huh? Alright, you check out. IAR?​

Its_A_Random:

Random (M)
NATURE: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)

TYPE: Fighting / Ghost
ABILITIES: Iron Fist / Technician / Mould Breaker

STATS
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 55
Weight Class: 4

ATTACKS
PHYSICAL
Astonish
Brick Break
Force Palm
Low Kick
Mach Punch
Pound
Rage
Shadow Punch
Slam
Storm Throw
Struggle
Tackle

SPECIAL
Night Shade
Ominous Wind

OTHER
Bulk Up
Confuse Ray
Detect
Foresight
Focus Energy
Growl
Leer
Meditate
Quick Guard
Spite
Tickle

COMMAND
Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Regirock [Grandstone] (-)
NATURE: Brave (-10% Evasion)

TYPE: Rock
ABILITIES: Clear Body / Sturdy (H)

STATS
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 9
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 43 (-)
Weight Class: 6
Base Rank Total: 24

EC: N/A
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

ATTACKS (76/76)
PHYSICAL
Body Slam
Brick Break
Bulldoze
Counter
Dig
Double-Edge
Drain Punch
Dynamic Punch
Earthquake
Explosion
Facade
Fire Punch
Fling
Focus Punch
Frustration
Giga Impact
Hammer Arm
Headbutt
Ice Punch
Iron Head
Mega Kick
Mega Punch
Natural Gift
Power-Up Punch
Return
Rock Climb
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Throw
Rock Tomb
Rollout
Secret Power
Seismic Toss
Self-Destruct
Smack Down
Stomp
Stone Edge
Strength
Superpower
Thunder Punch

SPECIAL
Ancient Power
Charge Beam
Earth Power
Focus Blast
Hidden Power (Psychic)
Hyper Beam
Mud-Slap
Round
Shock Wave
Snore
Thunder
Thunderbolt
Zap Cannon

OTHER
Block
Confide
Curse
Defence Curl
Double Team
Endure
Gravity
Iron Defence
Lock-On
Mimic
Protect
Psych Up
Rest
Rock Polish
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Sleep Talk
Stealth Rock
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Thunder Wave
Toxic
Oh come on, you can't bring a Regirock, that's way too powerful! You got any other mons? Something a little more reason-

♪AND ALL THE FOOLS SAILED AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY♪

...Sorry, lemme get this real quick...*beep* What? I'm in the middle of DMing a...oh. Yes, I know he brought a...what do you mean, let him use it?! It's a fucking legendary!...no, I...wait, just hol...fucking hell, you're not going to let this go, are you?...fine. I don't know how to fluff this, mind you...yes. Yes. Yes, I know. Love you too. Bye. *beep* Well IAR, it's your lucky day, you get to bring the mighty Regirock.

I really hope you have a good way to fluff that out. Now then! Let's get started!

CHAPTER 1: Better bring a whip along...and maybe some holy water.
♫Prologue

You arrive in the town of Teriblired, near the northwestern edge of Punney. Once, it was a podunk nowhere known for logging and little else, but with the advent of Dusk - a godawful book series about sparkly vampires - it expanded into a podunk nowhere swarming with tourist fangirls. Maybe you're one of them. Maybe you're dating one of them. Maybe you're here for something else entirely. Whatever the case, you're here for a few days.

While eating crappy burgers at a local restaraunt (one capitalizing on that book, of course), you overhear some rumors about how some bumbling researcher by the name of Horace disappeared in the nearby woods a few days ago. The cops had no luck with trying to find him - apparently every time anyone went in, they got driven out by a horde of Zubats shortly after. A couple of fangirls in the booth behind you get in on the conversation, gossiping that they might be the army of a vampire who kidnapped him for fresh blood.

In a bit of sordid humor, you imagine a vampire would've had better taste in victims. Nevertheless, missing people is a pretty serious affair. Army of Zubats or no, you decide to go into the woods and check it out.

Alright, you two can post your opening fluff. The campaign will begin proper afterwards, or after 72 hours, whichever comes first.​

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

"Well then... Looks like it will be a good idea to head into that forest now and find out what happened to that Horace guy shall we? Anything to get away from those ten year-old fanboys and fangirls in the restaurant who want to swarm me like they are paparazzi over my Pokémon..."

"OMG a Regirock, it looks just like what I thought it would look like in the games!"

"I thought there was no such thing as a Regirock, only in myths!"

"I don't know how he got one, but I want that trainer's autograph!"

"... Yeah, better to head into that forest before I am forced spend the next few hours dealing with locals... Right Xavier? Right Regirock?"

*Stares blankly into space like a dormant robot before begrudgingly following Random at a snail's pace*

"... This might take a while."

"Wow, this town is awesome! I can't believe we won a sweepstakes to let us travel to the site of the Dusk series! Squee!"

"This town is a dump. Why are we even here? There's nothing to see."

"Oh! There's the place where Spella met Eduardo for the first time! And there's the dark alley where Spella got bitten by Jacoby---so romantic. A shame that vampires and werewolves have that intrinsic hate thing going on. And then there's the little gazebo on the prairie where Spella proposed to Jacoby, then had amnesia and proposed to Eduardo. Such a thrilling climax there at the church."

"That sounds like a disaster of a romance novel if I ever heard one."

"I thought it was...magical!"

"I think I'm gonna be sick."

"Hey, I think I see that burger shack where she met the vampire huntress. Let's eat!"

"Wai---bother he's gone. Just remember Cosmo, this is only for two days...balls that's going to feel like an eternity."

==========================

"I'd like a Vampire Burger with Voltic Fries please!"

"Liver and Onions Cheeseburger, Liverworst Strips...do they have anything decent here? I think this place sold its soul to the book. I'll take whatever you have here that tastes decent."

"Cosmo, that's just mean. I'm sure this place has great food."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

Next to the duo.

"Hey Ciel. I thought you were meeting that researcher...what's his name."

"Horace"

"Right, I thought you were meeting him here?"

"I dunno, I think he chickened out. Although...I have heard some rumors."

"What kind?"

"Well, that he disappeared into the forest, and the cops can't search for him because of the Zubat infestation."

"Zubat infestation? Oh my, what if it's the work of The Count?"

"The Count?! Eeek! Horace might be a vampire by now, if he's involved!"

The conversation continued along those lines for a few minutes, until Xavier and Cosmo were done with their food.

"That was a good burger!"

"If that was a good burger why did it have mold on the bread? My food pellets were harder than bricks! Blegh."

"Did you hear those girls talking about the vampire around here?"

"Probably one of those cosplayers, there's a LOT of vampire cosplayers around here."

"That hide in the woods and kidnap people?"

"...Point. Well let's head on over and find him, I doubt a few Zubat will be much of an issue. And I'll do anything to get out of this dump, even just for a few hours."

"Then it's settled, we head out immediately!"

==========================
"Hey, wait a minute Cosmo."

"Yeah?"

"That guy over there, he seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it..."

"The one with the Regirock? Hmm...Oh! That's Its A Random, the Ground Gym leader of that ASB League we joined a while back. Wait, where'd he get a Regirock!?"

"From the Earth's toaster oven I bet!"

"...You mean in some deep underground chasm close to the planet's core?"

"Exactly! Don't know why you had to repeat me though."

"Actually, it seems he got it...never mind, we're getting off track. Well, maybe he knows where that Horace guy is."

At this point, Xavier entered into conversation with the gym leader. After some discussion, they agreed to explore the forest together to find Horace.

"... Yeah, better to head into that forest before I am forced spend the next few hours dealing with locals... Right Xavier? Right Regirock?"

"Yup, let's go!"

"Freaking Finally."

Head into the Forest

Last edited:
-Teriblired-
♫Overcast

God, those burgers were awful.

Even with all the tourism from Dusk, Teriblired is still in the middle of nowhere. Unless you're into small-town culture, the only real places of note are the pokemon center and a mom-and-pop drugstore next door. The police station is down the road, but I doubt they'll help you with your investigation. Hell, they'll probably get suspicious and arrest you. The woods from the rumors are about 15 minutes away on foot.

It would probably be wise to get going; the presence of Grandstone is an unusual sight for just about anyone, let alone residents of a small town like this. Furthermore, the sky above violently churns with dark shades of gray. The streets are currently dry, but you wouldn't be surprised if it started pouring any minute now...

Anything you guys wanna do first, or should we just jump straight into the action?
Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
HP: 90 | HP: 110
EN: 100 | EN: 100
Stats: 1/2/4/2/55/3/4 | Stats: 4/3/5/3/26/2/2
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Pixilate (ON) | Magic Coat
Nothing | Regenerator
No ailments | No ailments
0/0/0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0/0/0(-10)
No other | No other

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
HP: 100 | HP: 100
Stats: 5/2/0/2/55/3/4 | Stats: 5/9/2/4/43/3/6
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
No other | No other

Field:
Overcast (BAP of sun-based moves are halved)

Last edited:

"Let's jump straight into the action!"

"Don't break the 4th wall Xavier..."

Xavier: Skips along into the forest
Reuniclus: Sighs and follows behind, keeping watch for any Zubat

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"Yeah we should start heading into the action before it starts to get too wet around here... Right?"

*Continues to follow Random at the speed of an old man walking with a stick*

"We are not going to get out of this backwater place before the rain comes, aren't we?"

*Continues to follow at an unchanged pace, its dots on its head occasionally blinking*

"OMG! I Want that guy to sign my chest!"

"Me too, anyone with a Regirock is a really hot guy!"

"We would be faster if I just confined you to the ball, but I would not exactly earn the praise of the DM..."

"Oh god not you too..."

Random: Follow Xavier and Reuniclus into the forest as fast as the Regirock will allow you to.
Regirock: Follow Random at an annoyingly slow pace, keeping an eye out for possible disturbances save annoying fangirls.

While Xavier and his Reuniclus move on ahead, Grandstone decides it wants to be a dick and moves at a pace reminiscent of a drunken Slugma that got caught in the rain. And speaking of rain...

Rollan: 9881 = NOPE.

Anyway! IAR, maybe balling your Regirock might have been a good idea, because those two totally not creepy fangirls who want you to sign their chests are catching up. Along with several other people drawn to the golem. You're about to get swarmed.

*snrk* This oughta be good.

As for you, Max...

-Teriblired Woods 1-
♫Nature!

Flanked by conifers, you walk down the road towards a bridge that goes over the Imtoolazytocomeupwitharealname River. As you reach the bridge, you spot a trail to your right, the path about...oh, six feet wide? Though not yet muddy, the dirt is slightly damp. This must lead to where our "vampire" is hiding. Random is still a way's off, but not far enough that he can't see you. Motioning that you're heading down the trail, you skip off into the trees.

While the entrance was considerably dark, thanks to the cover from overhead, foliage is a little sparser as you walk down the trail, thanks to the fact that a river is running right next to you. Speaking of the river, Cosmo, having kept lookout, spots a pair of Bidoofs near the bank, sticks in their mouths. Perhaps they're building a dam?

No sign of Zubats. There might be some further down, though.

WHAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS?

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
No other | No other

Field:
Gathering crowd (moving from space to space becomes increasingly difficult)
Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Nothing | Regenerator
No other | No other

Field:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"Okay Regirock you are getting balled, before we get trapped as if we are members of One fucking Direction." *Gets his Sport Ball off his belt*

*Suddenly stops moving as if it either wants to be returned or wants it and Random to be trapped by fangirls*

"Okay I need to do this before we lose Xavier. Regirock, return!" *Thrusts his Sport Ball towards Regirock while holding onto it*

*Reluctantly accepts to return to its ball*

*Insert Return sound here*

*SQUEE!* "Can you sign my autograph?"

"Oh boy... I better catch up to Xavier now... before it is too late."

"But my autograph?"

"Who do you think I am, Justin Beiber?" *Runs into the forest at full pelt in an attempt to lose the fangirl*

Random: Return Regirock to its Poké Ball and run towards Xavier at full pelt in an attempt to not lose contact.
Regirock: Reluctantly return and wish you were back in Rock Crag or something.

"What's taking IAR so long?"

"Held up by fangirls from the looks of it. Why don't we talk to these Bidoof while we wait?"

"Good idea, ask them if they've seen the vampire anywhere around here."

*Sigh* (Via Telepathy) "Have you two seen a weirdly dressed human around here at all? More weirdly dressed than my friend here."

Xavier: Fidgets around the forest while waiting for IAR
Reuniclus: Asks Bidoof where the "vampire" is.

-Teriblired-
♫Ahahaha...no.

Random has clearly had enough of this bullshit, so he returns Grandstone to its ball...but too little too late, as he is now swarmed.

*various degrees of squee*

Well, this is troubling. Frantically, Random searches for an opening to escape the legion of fangirls...

rollan: 2199

...and finds one, but the moment he attempts to capitalize on it, a creepy-looking girl asks him to sign her disturbingly well-preserved dead Krabby. This might take a while...

-Teriblired Woods 1-
♫Negotiations

Meanwhile, in the woods, Xavier fidgets uncomfortably while he's waiting for Random and his Regirock to show up. Cosmo, on the other hand, decides to do something productive and strike up a conversation with the locals. Perhaps these two Bidoof might know something about our "Vampire."

(<Hey, have you two seen a weirdly-dressed human at all? More weirdly-dressed than my friend here, at least?>)

The Bidoof jerk their heads, looking for whoever said that. Despite the fact that there's a Reuniclus floating right in front of them.

"<Hey, did you hear that?>"

"<Yeah, I did. You think it came from that floaty thing in front of us?>"

"<Oh come on, it didn't even say a word!>"

"<Yeah, you're right, that is pretty stupid. Maybe the voice was talking to somebidoof else.>"

"<Yeah, that's probably it. Hey floaty thing, you know where that voice is coming from?>"

...man, are these guys dumb.

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
No other | Ball'd (Cannot act until released)

Field:
Gathering crowd (moving from space to space becomes increasingly difficult)
Rock Source
Water Source
Nature Power = Energy ball
Secret Power = Sleep chance
Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Nothing | Regenerator
No other | No other

Field:
Water source
Rock Source
Nature Power = Energy Ball

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
Trapped in a legion of fangirls, Random knew he had to find a way to get out before it was too late, and the deafening roars of the fans were not helping...

"Sign our Krabbies, Regirock Trainer!"

"Sign my chest!"

"Sign my hat!"

"Sign my head!"

"Sign my daughter!"

"Sign my umbrella!"

"Sign my underwear!"

"Oh. Boy. How am I going to get out of this..."

Suddenly though, the spirit inside Random's Bag (hence no room to fit items inside it and also explaining the partial Ghost-typing) started glowing... Maybe, just maybe...

"Well that could work!"

"Sign my midriff!"

"Sign both of my arms!"

"Sign my Lillipup!"

"Sign my training pants!"

"Over my dead body!" *Spirit-in-the-bag starts to envelop Random in ghostly energy as he gets ready to launch a punch*

Random: Use Shadow Punch, thrusting towards the path Xavier took in the hope that the spirit-in-the-bag envelops Random as a Ghost, allowing him to pass through the swarm of fangirls and then allow him to run at full pelt down the path Xavier and Reuniclus took if successful.

"Boy, IAR sure has a lot of adoring fans...maybe I should catch a legendary Pokemon..."

(In Poke-speak) "THAT'S MY VOICE YOU IDIOTS! NOW---" *breathes* "Okay, have you guys seen any unusually large swarms of Zubat in the area? Possibly with any oddly dressed humans?"

Xavier: Does Nothing
Reuniclus: Continues trying to reason with the Bidoof...

-Teriblired-
♫Ahahaha...no.

An idea crosses Random's mind. See, at some point in his journeys he got his hands on a spirit of some sort that gives him...something of a supernatural side - think a catalyst to let a human use ghost-type attacks. In any case, Random keeps it in his bag. And all these women are agitating it.

So it decides to do something about it.

"Over my dead body!"

Wrapped in a black miasma, Random pulls his fist back, hoping that a shadow punch will pass right through the horde, leaving them unscathed as he escapes...

rollan: 7659

...but it proves entirely unnecessary, as they instinctively back away from the creepy energy, leaving him wide open. Seeing as he might not get another chance, Random bolts for the forest!

rollan: 299

But just before he can even start, he gets hit in the face by a fat drop of water.

And then by a second. And a ninth. And a thirty-eighth.

In less than five seconds, the streets were practically flooded. Drenched as Random might be, though, he still gets away from his stunned and equally waterlogged entourage.

-Teriblired Woods 1-
♫Negotiations

"<THAT'S MY VOICE, YOU IDIOTS!>"

"<Hey, floaty thing talks!>"

"<But I don't think he's telling the truth about that voice, man. It was all echoey and stuff right?>

Meanwhile, in the woods, Cosmo continues to inquire about the vampire incident with the pair of Bidoof. Negotiations are not going well; The two not beavers are busy bickering over hearing a telepathic voice, refusing to believe that it belonged to the Reuniclus in front of them, despite the fact that the voice sounds exactly like his.

"*sigh*...<Look, it's not important. What I need to ask you is->"

"<But it's totally important! Who knows what kinda things some disembodied voice could do, eh?>"

"<Fine, I'll look into it. But right now, I need to know something.>"

"<Does it have to do with where the voice came from? Because we don't know.>"

"<NO IT DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE->...*sigh* <No. I wanna know if you've seen any unusually large swarms of Zubats anywhere. Possibly with any humans around?>"

"<Well, those guys hang out further down the river. Maybe it came from those guys and stuff ri->"

The Bidoof begin screaming at Cosmo, as it suddenly starts raining buckets and they can't hear their own voices over the deluge.

"<AND TWO OF THOSE WALKY THINGS YOU'RE TALKIN' ABOUT WENT THAT WAY A COUPLE DAYS AGO! ONE WAS CARRYING THE OTHER! YOU THINK THEY MIGHT BE THROWING VOICES AND STUFF RIGHT?!>"

Finally, after much SAN damage to our beleaguered homunculus, he finally has a lead; two people had gone down the river a couple days ago, where the supposed Zubat horde is. One might be Horace, the other the "vampire." It's only speculation, but it's a start.

Meanwhile, Xavier stops fidgeting as he notices someone emerging from the pouring rain...Random's finally dodged the fangirls. But where's Grandstone?

WHAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS? (Also, Random loses 3 EN from Shadow Punch)
Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Nothing | Regenerator
Drenched | No other

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
EN: 97 | EN: 100
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
Drenched | Ball'd

Field:
Rain
Water Source
Rock Source
Plant Source
Nature Power = Surf

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"Oh bloody rain, now I am saturated- oh it's Xavie.r" *shakes head trying to get himself dry*

"What took you so long?"

"Long story short, I now know what it is like to be Justin Beiber... Got any leads?"

"These idiots tell us that the two walky things went that-a-way." *Points towards the trail leading towards the river*

"Well it is not like we have much else to head down, so I guess it is the best path to take?"

"By the way... where is your legend anyway?"

"It is in a safe place where it cannot be a nuisance in terms of speed." *Continues to try and dry himself*

Random: Head down the trail leading towards the river, staying alert for any hostile creatures.

"Hmm...these Bidoof must be really nice Pokemon."

"Gah...these guys are freaking idiots. And now we're getting drenched, that's just perfect. It's getting all in my membrane..."

"Oh bloody rain, now I am saturated- oh it's Xavie.r" *shakes head trying to get himself dry*

"Oh hai IAR! What took you so long?"

"Long story short, I now know what it is like to be Justin Beiber... Got any leads?"

"These idiots tell us that the two walky things went that-a-way." *Points towards the trail leading towards the river*

"Well it is not like we have much else to head down, so I guess it is the best path to take?"

"By the way... where is your legend anyway?"

"It is in a safe place where it cannot be a nuisance in terms of speed." *Continues to try and dry himself*

"All right, let's go!" *skips along the trail*

"Well, at least we're getting somewhere."

Xavier: Skip along the trail leading towards the river
Reuniclus: Follow along, keeping watch along with IAR

Last edited:
♫Nature!

Welp, you have a lead, and you decide to capitalize on it. That, and with both the fangirl legion probably rallying to find Random and those two Bidoof chipping away at Cosmo's IQ...it would probably be wise to disappear.

rollan: 269 = EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYUP.

Both Random and Xavier are soaked to the bone at this point. On the plus side, however, the rain lifted as quickly as it hit. The clouds still look quite nasty, though; a second wave is likely on its way.

-Teriblired Woods 2-

After about fifteen minutes of trudging through the mud, you come across a wooden bridge that crosses the river...or what's left of it. The damage looks pretty recent; It's possible a tree fell onto it - looking back the way you came, you see a few fallen pines at the bank, and what's left of the bridge looked pretty old, so it's not entirely implausible. The river's current looks nasty, especially after that cloudburst. Unless you've got a particularly strong swimmer, you're likely to get swept away. Perhaps Cosmo could float across...or, with a little ingenuity, you might be able to find a way to bridge the gap. Alternatively, you could just ignore the bridge altogether, as the trail itself continues further.

You don't notice any pokemon nearby...no wait, you do. You think you catch a familiar shade of blue in the trees across the river.

WHAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS? (Also, your inventories will now be displayed on the trainer stats, in light of the recent update.)

Maxim:
Inventory: Nothing
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Nothing | Regenerator
Drenched | No other

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
Drenched | Ball'd

Field:
Water Source
Rock Source
Plant Source

"Wow, this river is pretty! You know, this reminds me of a rhyme! Sally sells sea shells by the sea shore. Oh, I wonder if I could get any of those? Well no Xavier, we're not at the sea, this is a river, no sea shells to be had. But the rivers flow into the sea right? So therefore it must be the shore, since it is connected to the rest of the sea shore. Except I don't see any Sallies around here. Wait, was that rhyme lying to me!? Maybe there wasn't a Sally in the first place. Well no Xavier, just because she's not here now doesn't mean she doesn't exist. Cosmo where do you think Sally went?"

"Oh geez not you too."

"This is quite important, I might be able to trade the sea shells for conch shells, which are worth more because they make sound!"

"Well at least the rain has stopped...wait..."

(In Poke Speak) "Hey, what are you doing over there! Yeah I'm talking to you!"

"Please don't be more Bidoof. I have enough trouble with Xavier."

"Cosmo, don't change the subject!"

Xavier: Continues ranting about sea shells
Cosmo: Yells to the blue shapes spotted earlier, attempting to draw them out.

Last edited:

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"A familiar shade of blue? This could only mean one thing." *Grabs his Sport Ball*

"Go, Regirock! I think we might have to do battle, especially if our cohorts draw those Pokémon out of the bush!"

*Looks pleased to be outside once again*

Random: Send out Regirock and prepare for potential combat.
Regirock: Blankly stare at the blue things as if it's a hostile presence.

Yeah, that shade is far too familiar for your liking. This could be trouble.

With the crack of Random's sport ball, Grandstone emerges in a flash of light, who proceeds to...just stand there, giving a look only a golem with dots for a face can. Which is to say, unreadable.

While Xavier rambles on about sea shells and some woman named Sally, Cosmo once again takes on the mantle of doing something productive and calls the blue things out, hoping that whatever they might be are at least smarter than the pair of not beavers he had to deal with.

They don't respond. The Reuniclus bubbles louder, but the creatures across the river remain silent. They're either deaf, or deliberately ignoring you.

Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Nothing | Regenerator
Drenched | No other

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
Drenched | No other

Field:
Water Source
Rock Source
Plant Source

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"Well we have no real choice... Regirock, use Rock Throw on those blue things in the distance! I know we are poking the bear a bit here but hey!"

*Eyes blink as it then throws a rock at the blue things*

Random: Stay alert for hostile presences.
Regirock: Rock Throw (Blue things)

"Looks like they're ignoring us, guess we'd better move o---wait what? Why would you throw a rock at something not trying to attack us!"

"Oh maybe that's Sally! Here Regirock let me give you a hand with that. If I throw a rock at her she'll sell me the shells!"

"...Okay even in Xavier-logic that makes no sense."

Xavier: Helping Hand (Regirock)
Reuniclus: Stand dumbfounded at everyone's suicidal aggression

Convinced that whatever was hiding in those trees is Sally (whoever the hell she is...) Xavier puts a hand on Grandstone, giving it some kind of boost as it rips a rock off its body and chucks it across the river.

rollan: 556

And sure enough, "Sally" got beaned hard enough to rip most of the tree off its trunk, which toppled a second tree, and a third, and a fourth...suffice to say, whatever was in that tree was forced to emerge.

♫A Wild Pokemon Appeared!

Kzziiigigigihhh!

Zubats, just as you thought. Worry crosses your brows as you're reminded of the rumored horde...still, there's only three of them. A scouting party, maybe? Whatever the case, they're pissed off, and not going to let you go without a fight.

WHAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS? (Regirock loses 2 EN, Xavier loses 7 EN)
Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
EN: 93 | EN: 100
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Nothing | Regenerator
Drenched | No other

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
EN: 97 | EN: 98
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
Drenched | No other

Field:
Water Source
Rock Source
Plant Source
Wild Zubats:
|
|

Zubat A | Zubat B | Zubat C
HP: 90 | HP: 90 | HP: 90
EN: 100 | EN: 100 | EN: 100
CHP: 45 | CHP: 45 | CHP: 45
Stats: 2/2/2/2/55/1/1 | Stats: 2/2/2/2/55/1/1 | Stats: 2/2/2/2/55/1/1
Inner Focus | Inner Focus | Inner Focus
No ailments | No ailments | No ailments
0/0/0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0/0/0
No other | No other | No other

Its_A_Random

A distant memory

"Okay then, time to show these bats a thing or two!" *Spirit-in-the-bag begins to envelop Random in ghastly energy*

Random: Detect > Shadow Punch (Zubat A)
IF
Zubat A faints, THEN replace all remaining actions with Shadow Punch (Zubat B).

Regirock: Rock Slide > Rock Slide

Maxim if you have better ideas let me know.

"See? Now you've just made them mad! What are you doing Xavier?"

"Getting sea shells!"

Xavier: Crafty Shield~Dazzling Gleam

Reuniclus: Psychic (Zubat A)~Psyshock (Zubat A)
If Zubat A faints or runs away, then redirect to Zubat B.
If Zubat B faints or runs away when you are targeting it, then redirect to Zubat C

Last edited:
You quickly ready yourselves for the oncoming onslaught. Random keeps a sharp eye or any oncoming attacks, while Xavier prevents the party from getting status ailments by pretending really hard that they can't. Achievements in ignorance, I suppose. That said, these bats aren't stupid. Realizing that there's a few shields up, the trio decides to ignore Random and take their anger out on the rest of the party.

They instantly regret it the moment Grandstone starts chucking rocks at them, Cosmo using his telekinesis to guide the golem's shots.

Two of the Zubats start to screech in panic as they realize how hopelessly outclassed they are. Perhaps in a last ditch effort to ruin your day, they fly straight at you...

...right over your heads...

...and down the trail heading towards Teriblired. Did they just cut and run? Wouldn't they retreat back across the river? Nevertheless, the remaining Zubat stays to fight, either to buy his comrades some time or some foolhardy sense of pride. I shouldn't need to say it doesn't end well. He's left battered and bruised, but still able to fly.

And he's trying to make a break for it!
Order: Speed tie (Everyone but Regirock and Reuniclus), Regirock, Reuniclus

Action 1 (Priority: Random, Xavier, Speed tie (Zubats), Regirock, Reuniclus
Random used Detect!
Random protected himself!
Xavier used Crafty Shield!
The party was shielded from non-damaging attacks!
Zubat B used Air Cutter! (Targets: Xavier, Reuniclus, Regirock)
Air Cutter, Xavier:
-Hit chance (Hit <= 9500): 5890 = Hit
-Crit chance (Crit <= 1250): 2030 = NOPE.
-Damage: (6 * .75) + 3 + 3 - 3 = 7.5 damage
Air Cutter, Reuniclus:
-Crit chance (Crit <= 1250): 6794 = NOPE.
-Damage: (6 * .75) + 3 + 3 - 4.5 = 6 damage
Air Cutter, Regirock:
-Crit chance (Crit <= 1250): 4630 = NOPE.
-Damage: ((6 * .75) + 3 + 3 - 6 - 1) * .67 = 2.35 damage
Zubat C used Zen Headbutt! (Target: Xavier)
-Hit chance (Hit <= 9000): 237 = Hit
-Crit chance (Crit <= 625 unless stated otherwise): 9730 = ...
-Damage: 8 + 3 - 3 = 8 damage
Zubat A used Giga Drain! (Target: Regirock)
-Crit chance: 2402 = NOPE.
-Damage: (8 + 3 - 6 - 1) * 1.5 = 6 damage
Grandstone used Rock Slide! (Target: Zubats)
Rock Slide, Zubat A:
-Hit chance (Hit <= 9000): 4424 = Hit
-Crit chance: 2032 = NOPE.
-Damage: ((8 * .75) + 3 + 2 + 7.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 23.25 damage!
Rock Slide, Zubat B:
-Hit chance (Hit <= 9000): 3730 = Hit
-Crit chance: 55 = EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYUP.
-Damage: ((8 * .75) + 3 + 3 + 2 + 7.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 27.75 damage!
Rock Slide, Zubat C:
-Hit chance (Hit <= 9000): 25 = Damn.
-Crit chance: 1041 = OHHHHHHHHHH...
-Damage: ((8 * .75) + 3 + 2 + 7.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 23.25 damage!
-Current threat: 74
Cosmo used Psychic! (Target: Zubat A)
-Crit chance: 7142 = NOPE.
-Damage: (7 + 3 + 3 + 7.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 26.25 damage!
-Energy cost: 5 + (1 / 2) - 1 = 4.5 EN
-Effect chance (-1 SpD <= 1000): 3217 = NOPE.
-Current threat: 26
Numbers:
-Random: -6 EN
-Regirock: -8.35 HP, -5 EN
-Xavier: -15.5 HP, -6 EN
-Cosmo: -6 HP, -4.5 EN
-Zubat A: -49.5(Holy shit!) HP, -12 EN
-Zubat B: -27.75(!) HP, -3 EN
-Zubat C: -23.25(!) HP, -6 EN

Action 2
Zubat A fled!
-Tiebreaker (1 = Random; 2 = Zubat C): 2 = Zubat C
Zubat C used Air Cutter! (Targets: Random, Regirock, Reuniclus)
Air Cutter, Random:
-Hit chance (hit <= 9500): 6352 = Hit
-Crit chance (Crit <= 1250): 5916 = NOPE.
-Damage: ((6 * .75) + 3 + 3 - 3) * 1.5 = 11.25 damage
Air Cutter, Regirock:
-Crit chance (Crit <= 1250): 9760 = NOPE.
-Damage: ((6 * .75) + 3 + 3 - 6 - 1) * .67 = 2.35 damage
Air Cutter, Reuniclus:
-Crit chance (Crit <= 1250): 2642 = NOPE.
-Damage: (6 * .75) + 3 + 3 - 4.5 = 6 damage
Random used Shadow Punch! (Target: Zubat B)
-Crit chance: 8798 = NOPE.
-Damage: 9 + 3 + 2 + 7.5 - 3 = 18.5 damage
-Current threat: 19
Zubat B fled!
Xavier used Dazzling Gleam! (Target: Zubat C)
-Crit chance: 2531 = NOPE.
-Damage: (8 + 3 + 2 + 6 - 3) * .67 = 10.72 damage
-Current threat: 11
Regirock used Rock Slide! (Target: Zubat C)
-Hit chance (Hit <= 9000): 4462 = Hit
-Crit chance: 6311 = NOPE.
-Damage: (8 + 3 + 2 + 7.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 26.25 damage!
-Current threat: 100
Cosmo used Psyshock! (Target: Zubat C)
-Crit chance: 6334 = NOPE.
-Damage: (8 + 3 + 3 + 7.5 - 3) * 1.5 = 27.75 damage!
-Current threat: 54
Numbers:
-Random: -11.25 HP, -4 EN
-Regirock: -2.35 HP, -9 EN
-Xavier: -5 EN
-Reuniclus: -6 HP, -5 EN
-Zubat A: No changes
-Zubat B: -18.5 HP
-Zubat C: -64.72(Holy shit!) HP, -3 EN

Final Numbers:
-Random: -11 (11.25) HP, -10 EN
-Regirock: -11 (10.7) HP, -14 EN
-Xavier: -16 (15.5) HP, -11 EN
-Reuniclus: -12 HP, -10 (9.5) EN
-Zubat A: -50 HP, -12 EN
-Zubat B: -46 (46.25) HP, -3 EN
-Zubat C: -88 (87.97) HP, -9 EN
Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
HP: 84 | HP: 98
EN: 82 | EN: 90
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Nothing | Regenerator
Drenched | No other

Its_A_Random:
|

Random | Grandstone
Nothing | Expert Belt
HP: 89 | HP: 89
EN: 87 | EN: 84
Iron Fist | Clear Body
Technician | Sturdy
Mold Breaker | Nothing
Drenched | No other

Field:
Water Source
Rock Source
Plant Source
Wild Zubats:
|
|

Zubat A | Zubat B | Zubat C
HP: Fled | HP: Fled | HP: 2
EN: 88 | EN: 97 | EN: 91
CHP: -- | CHP: -- | CHP: 45
Stats: 2/2/2/2/55/1/1 | Stats: 2/2/2/2/55/1/1 | Stats: 2/2/2/2/55/1/1
Inner Focus | Inner Focus | Inner Focus
Ran away | Ran away | No ailments
0/0/0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0/0/0
No other | No other | No other

Zubat C: Flee -> Flee

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)