1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ability Exchange (AE)

Discussion in 'Other Metagames' started by -Sparkbeat-, Jul 10, 2013.

1. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

I just realized Luke has Bone Rush, it has poor accuracy but he could technically swap it with Cloyster who still has good defense. It's a quite gimmicky option though.
  2. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

I think I might have to swap Technician onto Weavile from Breloom, who would swap Toxic Heal to something maybe and Pressure to something else... So many possible combinations! And IRC is always so dead when I wanna theorymon :(
  3. The Eevee General

The Eevee General Finish him!
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor

This was my first attempt at a team. Don't be too harsh:

Magnet Pull Hydreigon
    Levitate Ninetales
    Drought Victini
    Victory Star Mienshao
    Levitate Magnezone
    Regenerator Flygon
  4. Sewa

Sewa

I'll share my team too:

Drizzle Politoed
    Technician Toxicroak
    Defiant Scizor
    Regenerator Tornadus-I
    Flash Fire Amoonguss
    Dry Skin Heatran
  5. Heroes and Cons

Heroes and Cons

Hmmm... I'm thinking Moxie Terrakion. Coupled with Rock Polish... damn. Making me cringe just thinking about it. Anyone wanna try it out for me and see how effective it is?

Also wondering how effective Sheer Force Tyranitar, Guts Garchomp, Regenerator / Poison Heal Cresselia and Thick Fat Celebi might be.
    - Tyranitar has a phenominal movepool and higher offenses than that of Nidoking, a well-known sheer force user in standard. Not to mention rock polish access to turn it into a fearsome sweeper once priority is out of the way.
    - Garchomp with Guts could absorb status excellently, and coupled with Swords Dance could 2HKO even Skarmory with Outrage. Scary thought.
    - Cresselia has the highest mixed defensive stats outside Ubers, with its only real issue (beside typing) being lack of reliable recover due to Moonlight being ruined by sand and rain; Regenerator would allow it to mitigate this flaw and retain its massive HP stat throughout the match simply by switching. Poison Heal on the oither hand allows it to actually gain HP from the move that was once the bane of its existance, Toxic. Its lasting power with either ability would be tremendous.
    - Celebi's two most common and notable weaknesses are Fire and Ice. Thick Fat removes them both, boosting its bulk against a variety of threats that rely on these moves to take Celebi down (such as Infernape and Mamoswine).
  6. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

Sturdy Gliscor
    Toxic Heal Regigigas
    Flash Fire Forretress
    Slow Start Cresselia
    Levitate Heatran
    Drought Ninetales

That's my makeshift sun team. Might trade Drought to Tran, but Levitate is so good, making him only weak to Fighting types under Sun, although Drought Tran makes Politoed cry.
  7. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

Yeah I got the inspiration for Magnet Pull from Eevee. This was my early team:

Solar Power Alakazam
    Magic Guard Charizard
    Levitate Ninetales
    Levitate Magnezone
    Drought Cresselia
    Magnet Pull Hydreigon

More recent team has Download Alakazam instead and Porygon2 instead, with its ability and the rest of the teams changing. Celebi's two weaknesses may be common but she usually tanks them quite a bit in OU. I used Multiscale instead which is good with recover. Her real common weakness is U-Turn, its what forces her to switch out everytime.
  8. -Sparkbeat-

-Sparkbeat- formerly Lunatic Lies

Hmm, Cresselia could become either an insane threat or flat out broken in this metagame. I tested the Harvest / Lum Berry / Rest set as a CM abuser in sun, and at the moment I'm thinking that it's actually unstoppable without hax or Tyranitar, SD Scizor, or Volcarone. Has anyone else tried out this set, and what are your opinions on Cresselia? Do you think it is broken and unhealthy for this metagame?
  9. Heroes and Cons

Heroes and Cons

Weather-boosted powerful attacks, like DD Gyarados' waterfall or victini's V-Create, would still be pretty damaging. But it would be a LOT harder to kill without strong weather-boosted or super-effective moves.
  10. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

The fact that weather only helps it with Moonlight makes it harder to take down in sun.
  11. vyomov

vyomov

This is my Sun team:
    Drought Darmanitan
    Sheer Force Alakazam
    Magic Guard Charizard
    Solar Power Latios
    Levitate Ninetales
    Chlorophyll Venusaur
  12. -Sparkbeat-

-Sparkbeat- formerly Lunatic Lies

Well since everyone is using Sun, I guess I'll go make a rain/sand team. I'll go work on it when PS gets back up.
  13. The Eevee General

Who wants Sand Stream? Aerodactyl? Rhydon/Rhyperior? Regirock? Shuckle?? Rampardos?

That lets you choose from Rock Head, Solid Rock, and Sturdy but also some more unconventional abilities like Gluttony and Clear Body.

T-tar would love Solid Rock. A bulky Dragon Dance set with that... umph! Or, as mentioned above, it could snag Sheer Force from something like Rampardos but Rampardos just kinda sucks and would probably like Sand Force over Sand Stream.

[​IMG]Solid Rock
    [​IMG]Sand Stream
    [​IMG]Sand Force
    [​IMG]Sheer Force (technically it traded its own Sand Force for Rampardos' Sheer Force. Is that legal?)
    [​IMG]Serene Grace
    [​IMG]Levitate (They can they keep their original abilities, right?)
  14. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

No problem with legality when swapping alternate abilities that they already have I'm sure. But Ramparados still has speed issues.
  15. The Eevee General

All he needs is 1 Rock Polish.

Amirite? :D
  16. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

Don't forget that you can juggle abilities around within your team. My example earlier was Heatran, Ferrothorn, and Cresselia, with Heatran getting Levitate, Ferro taking Flash Fire, and Cress getting Iron Barbs.
  17. Heroes and Cons

Heroes and Cons

Technician Mamoswine, Thick Fat Dragonite, Multiscale Gyarados, Moxie Conkeldurr and Guts Breloom. I reckon these could cause serious damage on a hyper-offensive team, maybe with the sixth member being a supporter / dual screener like Espeon.
  18. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

Why not Moxie Terrakion? Scarf it and wreck face. And where is Mamo getting Technician? Also, where did Justified go?
  19. Heroes and Cons

Heroes and Cons

I accidentally thought of breloom... oops. Just replace Terrakion with Breloom, I think it works now.
  20. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

It would, except Guts Conkeldurr is already amazing, although you could put Sheer Force onto something else instead, like Terrakion and get rid of Mamo for Hariyama and keep the thick fat, and gain a Justified Hariyama :P
  21. The DragonKnight

The DragonKnight

I think this is a really cool... Gonna try it out some.

Few big threats I can think of are Poison Heal Jellicent (I'm in love already <3), Regenrator Ferrothorn, Moxie Regigigas, Drought Victini, and Drizzle Keldeo/Dragonite.
  22. BlankZero

BlankZero
    is a Tutor

Poison Heal Regigigas. Go try it. It learns Facade, Fire Punch, EQ, and Sub. Max HP and Attack.

Also, Flash Fire Forretress.
  23. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

24. Lost™

Lost™

Glad this is finally up, I remember testing this while in the beta stages . Anyways here's my current team, and a really underated but effective stragety, from what I've seen

Wonder Skin Porygon-z-, pretty useful to avoid toxics and other status moves to avoid debilitation to it's sweep
    Multiscale Venomoth- Venomoth only gets better with Multiscale, as it allows at least one Quiver Dance, and allows it to out speed and sleep some dangerous mons
    Trace Landorus- Makes for a great scout and revenge killer, and making physical once again it's preferred set
    Justified Dragonite- Well, Dragonite get's the short end of the stick on this team
    Download Terrakion- While it's a 50/50 chance most of the time to get the attack boost, it's still a really deadly boost for Terra, and can have it revenge much more easily.
    Sheer Force Gardevoir- Now this is a really underrated Pokemon, but is supported from this team. QuiverPass allows Gardevoir to sweep. Anyways that's the team in a nutshell, can't wait to see how this meta's going to turn out.
  25. SpartanMalice

SpartanMalice

Interesting to see Venomoth and Gardevoir here. Venomoth will have to def. avoid sleep though, which was easier with Wonder Skin..

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)