Accelgor

over two turns Starmie will always deal more damage, not to mention starmie can switch in and out without losing its boosts and isn't as vulnerable to priority(also most starmie these days are specs/lo in rain teams anyway)

+1 Bug Buzz has an effective 135 BP, so it's stronger than Starmie's unboosted Hydro Pump. And also doesn't miss. Same for +1 Giga Drain, which is an effective 112.5 BP, stronger than Thunderbolt and Ice Beam (although admittedly with less coverage).
Ignoring the fact that Ice + Electricity + Water provides a more suitable coverage in the current metagame, landing far more Super Effective OHKOs.

+1 Bug Buzz has an effective 135 BP, so it's stronger than Starmie's unboosted Hydro Pump. And also doesn't miss. Same for +1 Giga Drain, which is an effective 112.5 BP, stronger than Thunderbolt and Ice Beam (although admittedly with less coverage).
A STAB Hydro Pump from Starmie is 180 BP.

How exactly is it stronger?

A STAB Hydro Pump from Starmie is 180 BP.

How exactly is it stronger?
A STAB +1 Bug Buzz is 202.5 BP. It's stronger. The point is the +1; Starmie has no reliable way of boosting, but Agirudaa is fast enough that it can consistently sub down to a Petaya Berry, giving it +1 SpA and 2x speed and thus stronger and a lot faster than Starmie (although again, admittedly, with weaker coverage).

Why are you guys taking to account Agirudaa's item, but not Starmie's? A Life Orb Hydro Pump is still stronger than a +1 Bug Buzz, and Starmie has better type coverage, and is less vulnerable to priority.

A +1 Bug Buzz won't 2HKO an un Ev'd Zapdos or Gyarados, and will only sometimes 2HKO an un Ev'd Gliscor (not accounting for SR or leftovers because I'm leaving now and don't have time to calc properly).

A STAB +1 Bug Buzz is 202.5 BP. It's stronger. The point is the +1; Starmie has no reliable way of boosting, but Agirudaa is fast enough that it can consistently sub down to a Petaya Berry, giving it +1 SpA and 2x speed and thus stronger and a lot faster than Starmie (although again, admittedly, with weaker coverage).
Like you said, Agirudaa has weaker coverage, needs time to set up (whilst Starmie doesn't or better can't), and has worse typing overall (Water/Psychic is better than Bug anytime). However, I have to say that comparing Starmie and Agirudaa is kind of pointless. It's like every pokeman, they got their strenghts and weaknesses and own niches. It's a matter of preference (So Starmie wins).

Also, I can see Agirudaa easily get a nice spot as an UU suicide-lead. If it only got taunt >.<

The fact Focus Blast wasn't even noted in the Suburden set is ridiculous. The only things that have more coverage with Bug other than Bug/Fighting is like Bug/Water and Bug/Ground.

I like the idea of him using U-Turn as a lead in conjunction with an Espeon/Xatu to stop hazards. Most leads working with a MM user just switch out, but this way he gets some damage in, and makes good use of his insane speed.

With his pitiful Attack stat, U-Turn will be doing less than 10% damage to a lot of things. It seems like it'd be good for Sturdy, but m ost movesets would then suffer 'moveslot syndrome' so IMO it isn't always useful.

I'm really new here... and I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of line, but I've been working on a moveset for Accelgor for a few hours, and I think I've come up with something interesting...

Timid Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
- Atk +Spd
252 HP EVs 252 Speed EVs
Power Swap
Guard Swap
Bug Buzz
U-Turn

Basically, the ultimate streak breaker. If an enemy pokemon threatens to sweep your team with massive attack or special attack, you send out Accelgor to turn the tables. If it is a physical attacker, you use Power swap and pass them your meager attack stat [thanks to timid], while stealing their huge one. Then proceed to U turn the crap out of them, while switching to a more suitible pokemon to finish the job. If they are a special attacker, you use power swap and proceed to bug buzz away. Life orb is in there mainly for more power, and because I couldn't think of any other item that would even work with the set. Guard swap is there because Accelgors natural defenses are pretty terrible, and because it allows for massive wallbreaking techniques. Again... I'm a newbie here so I'm sorry if my set is:

1. Impossible
2. Illogical
3. Just terrible

I'm really new here... and I'm sorry if I'm stepping out of line, but I've been working on a moveset for Accelgor for a few hours, and I think I've come up with something interesting...

Timid Accelgor @ Life Orb
Ability: Sticky Hold
- Atk +Spd
252 HP EVs 252 Speed EVs
Power Swap
Guard Swap
Bug Buzz
U-Turn

Basically, the ultimate streak breaker. If an enemy pokemon threatens to sweep your team with massive attack or special attack, you send out Accelgor to turn the tables. If it is a physical attacker, you use Power swap and pass them your meager attack stat [thanks to timid], while stealing their huge one. Then proceed to U turn the crap out of them, while switching to a more suitible pokemon to finish the job. If they are a special attacker, you use power swap and proceed to bug buzz away. Life orb is in there mainly for more power, and because I couldn't think of any other item that would even work with the set. Guard swap is there because Accelgors natural defenses are pretty terrible, and because it allows for massive wallbreaking techniques. Again... I'm a newbie here so I'm sorry if my set is:

1. Impossible
2. Illogical
3. Just terrible
Mmmmm, Guard/Power Swap only swaps boosts like those from Sword Dance or Cosmic Power, not the stats themselves.

Why are people here talking about Sweeping Accelgor?

He should stay where he's useful best, Spikes lead with access to Encore and Yawn. If you're trying to attack with him after spikes, Scolipede's way better for it with Megahorn and Earthquake.

Why settle for a gimmicy sweeper when the Spikeing Lead set is still his main atraction over other pokemon?
Hm...what am I going to do this morning?

Oh! I know! I'll go look through every old Pokemon thread that no one's responded to in months, and reply to people's posts as if they were at all relevant to the current metagame!

Why not use excadrill as accelgor's partner for VGC?

Accelgor@smooth rock
timid | 252 speed/sp. atk | 4 hp
Sandstorm
U-turn
Toxic
Spikes

I have a question about Accelgors speed. Is there any need to go max speed ev timid or modest? If modest, what pokemon will outspeed him?

I made a mix sweeper that uses Me first with max ev in speed and both attack stats are at around 230-240. It's actually kind of good against ghosts using shadow ball and dragons that outrage. Thanks to the x1.5 boos Me first has, it allows Accelgor to OHKO some pokes that are weak to their own attack. Also, doesn't an Accelgor using Me First remind you of Kakashi with Sharingan? Like when he used that dragon water jutsu against Zabuza before he was able to use the Jutsu himself. Is that not what Me-First does too? :D

Also, should Accelgor use hidden power? By the way, I really like Focus Blast on Accelgor with wide lens.

I have a question about Accelgors speed. Is there any need to go max speed ev timid or modest? If modest, what pokemon will outspeed him?
If you go Modest, positive nature base 128 and higher will out-speed you. This means that you will no longer be faster than max speed Crobat, Aerodactyl, Jolteon, and Electrode, all of which you would out-speed with Timid. The same applies to Mewtwo and Pirouette Form Meloetta, but they most likely shouldn't enter into your calculations.

You will also no longer out-speed positive nature max speed scarfers between base 69 and 80, neutral nature max-speed scarfers between base 81 and 92, and neutral nature max-speed Ninjask (also neutral nature max-speed Deoxys-a and Deoxys-n but, again, I doubt you need to worry about those two). Not sure who you need to worry about between base 69 and 92 speed, but you should probably take a look at that list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)