Postgame Acid City's Trouble [Day 4/End: City Win! 4/10 Players]

What are you talking about? If someone was hit with a negative scum action, and they reveal it, they're not revealing their role. They're revealing the role of the possible scum role that hit them. We have a list of every possible role in the game on the OP. If you were hit by a non-village role, and you claim it, what is the harm to the village.

I said it was a case by case basis because of the possibility of overlap of a strong role. There are like 1,000 possible roles in this game and I'm not combing over each one and double checking each possible role for overlap. I'm only checking for overlap if I was personally hit with an action to see if it will help the village. And even so, the probabilities of two of the same are low and it will still do us more good than bad. I stand by my opinion really.

I've also commented on everything in this game that has been asked of me. So how it's frustrating that I dont have anything to comment on is beyond me. If you have a problem with my answers, I'm sorry they're not what you want.

Votes:
Acidphoenix (1) - Blazade.
Blazade (1) - Acidphoenix.
Da Letter El (1) - Jalmont.
Jalmont (1) - Da Letter El.
Jumpluff (1) - ButteredToast.

Acidphoenix was voted first and all votes are tied, therefore Acidphoenix is in danger of lynching.

Last edited:
tfw when someone think you have mafia experience :D
tfw they would kill you because of that :Ɑ

allright let's do talk stuffs.
1. I agree that people should claim if they got negatively affected last night. It would let us know which role we're dealing with. It's good information. There is no town role that could have negative effects in this game so I think blazade's fear is unwarranted.
2. If I can choose kill I'll just rand people.

Reads? Got no read so far.

Blazade why don't you want discussions about gamespec?

Game speculation is not really useful even in situations such as these where we could plausibly attempt to break the setup. Since there's a lot of variations of the game however there's really not much point.

I mean seriously. Look at dbz NOC. The mafia used role spec for legit the entire day to waste everyone's time in an attempt to mislynch US and they failed and still ended up nk'ing him lol. there's no point in doing it

if you really want to talk about it talk about the merits of mass claiming. or just start mass claiming. i'm down with that

Hi there. ButteredToast is a god damned adult with a god damned job who can't be on all the do dah day. So excuse me for being absent. I'll be active enough, but I am also not available 24/7. Tomorrow I work 3-10 EDT and I'll be working until 9-4 EDT on Saturday and Sunday so don't expect me to be active during that time period.

I tagged you all because the host didn't do so. I also want to play a game of mafia instead the sit-on-our-ass-fia that AM2 turned out to be. :) I'm not leading the village in any shape or form, and saying that because I made the first post and alerted people that I am is a bushel of bananas.

I'm still reading the thread and taking my notes. If there are more questions, I'll get to them.
I have a job and school fyi.. you just don't get to complain about inactivity while laying cover for yourself to be inactive. I didn't say you're leading the village, I said 'pseudo' quite clearly so I'd really rather you didn't misrepresent my thought, i.e. that it represents doing something useful and supportive to the town that it isn't. That being said I've seen this happen to you repeatedly and I'd rather it not drag your game down over and over so I will take your word for it you are keeping notes and hope you post those observations. It would be better if you could post observations as they happen where you do not feel there is a good reason to keep them down, because observations like 'that post seemed scummy' are important for thread direction and introduce pressure.

Anyway this is a game where scumhunting works perfectly fine and we can rely on that over mechanics to allow those mechanics to be more useful when they come into play. So far the only people I really agree with are Blazade and Jalmont. I find King_'s posting really off for a reason I can't yet articulate (I guess I would say he seems like he feels uncomfortable in the thread and unsure how to approach the game from a town perspective, so he is trying to pick at neutral topics). ButteredToast gets into this inactivity argument every game so I'm not going to push it because I would like BT to have a nice game, but I had a similar reaction to this post where predominantly he was talking about times he can be in the thread (which I care less about) instead of his opinions on literally anything (since he obviously had read something) which can be scummy because scum are often afraid to heavily drive early lynch activity or piss people off. Cancerous gives me good feelings but no reads is a similarly bad state, however he comes off as less self-conscious about it.

I also would like to note Dullagamur doing the same thing, asking if we had info then disappearing. Afaik Dullagamur is familiar with this type of mafia so I'm less inclined to give a newbie pass. (Sorry if I'm wrong)

This is town DLE so far

I'm not expecting you to have loads of evidence for this but why did these people come across as even possibly scummy to you?
Me being random.
But small reasons. Blazade for random lynching Acid. DLE for questioning Blazade in particular maybe to make him try and seem town. Ullar for 2 posts.
Most of these reasons are bad I know. But this also starts the game off at a different pace. I think?
But this is just random kind of.

The DLE interaction with Blazade reason is actually interesting but the other two reasons are a bit more arbitrary (there's someone wtih fewer posts than Ullar, I think you know how rvs works and that seems manafactured)

So it's weird to conflate those two imo

Is the DLE observation something you're going to keep an eye on

I continue to find it minorly interesting you picked exactly 3 people but it's up there with realllllyyy tiny things that ping me like 'IF I was mafia'

i.e. no reasonable case out of it, but it's something I won't forget if you do start to seem like scum for better reasons

I have a job and school fyi.. you just don't get to complain about inactivity while laying cover for yourself to be inactive. I didn't say you're leading the village, I said 'pseudo' quite clearly so I'd really rather you didn't misrepresent my thought, i.e. that it represents doing something useful and supportive to the town that it isn't. That being said I've seen this happen to you repeatedly and I'd rather it not drag your game down over and over so I will take your word for it you are keeping notes and hope you post those observations. It would be better if you could post observations as they happen where you do not feel there is a good reason to keep them down, because observations like 'that post seemed scummy' are important for thread direction and introduce pressure.
Where are you getting off at? I'm wasn't complaining about inactivity 20 minutes after the game was created. I'm also not laying cover for myself to be inactive. I'm quite active and will remain active. A 7 hour absence doesn't constitute as being inactive in my book. If I'm away for 24 hours, call me inactive. If I'm missing deadlines or actions, call me inactive. Between my post at 1:16 and when I went to work at 4:00, there was nothing meaningful in the thread. There are no intentions to psuedo lead the village. It's not me doing something at the beginning and then fading into obscurity for the rest of the cycle. You're reaching for straws when there are no straws to be reached for.

Please clarify this "happen to me repeatedly" thing? And how are you "dragging my game down over and over" when again, you're throwing out ridiculous accusations hours into a game that's yet to really begin? What are you even getting at? What is this "activity argument I get into every time"? Don't hide behind trying to be a nice guy. If you're calling me out on something that you find to be important to the game, follow up on it. The goal is to win the game, not to be a sweetheart.

My notes are my thoughts. I'll share them when they become important. But hey, they're not important right now because it's day one. If something seems fishy, I'm going to sit on and try to expand on it. If someone does something that's a little off, I'm not going to test them by telling them what they're doing is a little off. That makes them self conscious and changes their behavior. Gets me nowhere. If king sat back on the Blazeade + DLE + Ullar thing, maybe he builds a case on more evidence. Now it's just an unsubstantiated guess to the rest of us unless he has night actions to back that up. I'll answer people when they ask me questions. I'll give reads when I feel somethings going on and I'm prodding people. But for the limited hunches and notes I did write down, I'll share them when they actually do something in the game or when other people bring them up.

---

If you want a read, how about a quick read on you. You're comically aggressive. You've went after me for doing nothing and then "disappearing" when the only thing you did was make a joke response in the direction of Jalmont, call me out for "pseudo leading without follow up", and then left without doing anything. It seems to me that for someone so stuck on pressing for people to "do something" that you would actually do more. And what have you done really?

You've bandwagoned on Jalmont and Blazeade without adding anything to their argument or by explaining why you think they're correct. No reason. Are they correct on everything? Are you in support of what of their thoughts? Why do you support them? Your posts are hollow and your reads are busywork. They're nothing. You do them to look like you're doing something when you're not... you just want to point to something to say you did something when someone asks.

You say that mafia is afraid to piss people off early game, but you back off from something you deem relevant about my gameplay because you want me to have "a nice game." Did you scum slip with this and just tell us all your reasoning on accident? Because it seems to me that you just said a mafia would do something and proceeded to do it.

You also did the same thing to Dullagamur. Called him out for asking for info and then becoming "inactive", but in a sweet way by apologizing if you were somehow mistaken. Are you afraid to actively drive a lynch and are you afraid of pissing him off? Because it seems that you are.

You call DLE town, but you ignore answering his questions which he asked to generate discussion. Again, not doing anything of note or merit. You're hiding behind being aggressive when you're sitting on your ass.

You entertain Kings_ weird tangent, then call him out for it being a bit arbitrary. When you just, on the same page, asked me to share arbitrary thoughts to help the town. Do you just want my thoughts? Or, again, are you trying just to pretend to do something by critiquing someone else who is a bit off base? And then call him out for it?

You've made what? Seven posts in this thread already? And your game is already a jumbled enigma that makes no sense? Calling for "activity" and content when supplying none in return. Asking for me to give reads on little feelings, then criticizing King for doing what you asked? Appearing to look busy and contribute to discussion when you've only weighed in on the posts that happened when you were away by saying in a round about way that you just agree with Jalmont and Blazeade? And ignoring actual game questions from DLE who you say is a town read, but dont say why he is town.

You've went on the offensive to avoid the defensive, but you've broken each conviction you've supposedly trying to uphold.

Defend yourself and your opinions. Stop hiding behind empty content. And do what you've asked of other people. To this point you haven't, and you're by far the biggest scum read for these reasons in what little you've done.

/vote jumpluff

Last edited:
Holy moly long post. And I thought my walls were bad.

Where are you getting off at? I'm wasn't complaining about inactivity 20 minutes after the game was created. I'm also not laying cover for myself to be inactive. I'm quite active and will remain active. A 7 hour absence doesn't constitute as being inactive in my book. If I'm away for 24 hours, call me inactive. If I'm missing deadlines or actions, call me inactive. Between my post at 1:16 and when I went to work at 4:00, there was nothing meaningful in the thread. There are no intentions to psuedo lead the village. It's not me doing something at the beginning and then fading into obscurity for the rest of the cycle. You're reaching for straws when there are no straws to be reached for.

Please clarify this "happen to me repeatedly" thing? And how are you "dragging my game down over and over" when again, you're throwing out ridiculous accusations hours into a game that's yet to really begin? What are you even getting at? What is this "activity argument I get into every time"? Don't hide behind trying to be a nice guy. If you're calling me out on something that you find to be important to the game, follow up on it. The goal is to win the game, not to be a sweetheart.

My notes are my thoughts. I'll share them when they become important. But hey, they're not important right now because it's day one. If something seems fishy, I'm going to sit on and try to expand on it. If someone does something that's a little off, I'm not going to test them by telling them what they're doing is a little off. That makes them self conscious and changes their behavior. Gets me nowhere. If king sat back on the Blazeade + DLE + Ullar thing, maybe he builds a case on more evidence. Now it's just an unsubstantiated guess to the rest of us unless he has night actions to back that up. I'll answer people when they ask me questions. I'll give reads when I feel somethings going on and I'm prodding people. But for the limited hunches and notes I did write down, I'll share them when they actually do something in the game or when other people bring them up.

---

If you want a read, how about a quick read on you. You're comically aggressive. You've went after me for doing nothing and then "disappearing" when the only thing you did was make a joke response in the direction of Jalmont, call me out for "pseudo leading without follow up", and then left without doing anything. It seems to me that for someone so stuck on pressing for people to "do something" that you would actually do more. And what have you done really?

You've bandwagoned on Jalmont and Blazeade without adding anything to their argument or by explaining why you think they're correct. No reason. Are they correct on everything? Are you in support of what of their thoughts? Why do you support them? Your posts are hollow and your reads are busywork. They're nothing. You do them to look like you're doing something when you're not... you just want to point to something to say you did something when someone asks.

You say that mafia is afraid to piss people off early game, but you back off from something you deem relevant about my gameplay because you want me to have "a nice game." Did you scum slip with this and just tell us all your reasoning on accident? Because it seems to me that you just said a mafia would do something and proceeded to do it.

You also did the same thing to Dullagamur. Called him out for asking for info and then becoming "inactive", but in a sweet way by apologizing if you were somehow mistaken. Are you afraid to actively drive a lynch and are you afraid of pissing him off? Because it seems that you are.

You call DLE town, but you ignore answering his questions which he asked to generate discussion. Again, not doing anything of note or merit. You're hiding behind being aggressive when you're sitting on your ass.

You entertain Kings_ weird tangent, then call him out for it being a bit arbitrary. When you just, on the same page, asked me to share arbitrary thoughts to help the town. Do you just want my thoughts? Or, again, are you trying just to pretend to do something by critiquing someone else who is a bit off base? And then call him out for it?

You've made what? Seven posts in this thread already? And your game is already a jumbled enigma that makes no sense? Calling for "activity" and content when supplying none in return. Asking for me to give reads on little feelings, then criticizing King for doing what you asked? Appearing to look busy and contribute to discussion when you've only weighed in on the posts that happened when you were away by saying in a round about way that you just agree with Jalmont and Blazeade? And ignoring actual game questions from DLE who you say is a town read, but dont say why he is town.

You've went on the offensive to avoid the defensive, but you've broken each conviction you've supposedly trying to uphold.

Defend yourself and your opinions. Stop hiding behind empty content. And do what you've asked of other people. To this point you haven't, and you're by far the biggest scum read for these reasons in what little you've done.

/vote jumpluff
LITERALLY I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE MISREADING MY POSTS IT IS LIKE DEALING WITH UNCLESAM AGAIN. Do you all think I have dyslexia? Pls stop it's killing my desire to do anything in this forum. You were complaining about the inactivity in the other game and kept referencing potential future inactivity in this game, so I commented on it because a common thing I see scum do is hide behind other inactive players. Of course I'm not dumb enough to think you were complaining about inactivity 20 minutes in, my point was that a) all you had posted about was inactivity b) you were coming off as more motivated than you actually seemed. You clarified that you were working at that time which was fine for me but then you completely failed to play the game except to talk about your work hours so OF COURSE I NOTED THAT because I don't believe in hiding my thoughts in a notepad document and would like other people to be able to comment on them. None of you people have even seen me play aggressively and I'm like the third most aggressive player in this game (I think I've said one person is scummy) so what does that make you, ridiculously overdefensive? This is me when I'm aggressive and it's because I despise it when people continually interpret the way I communicate in a way that's obviously stupid. I go to huge lengths to try to understand where other people are coming from when they say something confusing, or if I don't understand, I JUST ASK, so it pisses me off that literally nobody on this forum except Yeti ever extends me the courtesy and human respect of trying to guess I have a thought process.

I've been playing games on here since 2008 and I've seen you in at least one or two NOC games sub out or get pissed off Day 1 because the game was too fast for you and people were picking on you SO I SAID I'D DROP IT because I didn't actually find you that scummy proportionate to the likelihood you'd flip out and not enjoy the game if I continued it. I noted it because I believe it is very important for everyone to post what they are thinking both so other people can evaluate their thought process for towniness and to contribute to discussion, which is something I have been extremely consistent about because I have tried to ask everyone about their thought processes when I thought there was something there, INCLUDING YOU.

If everyone said 'I have thoughts but I'm not going to explain them ever' then the game never ever moves forward, nobody solves the game, and mafia aren't shown to be struggling because they don't have to show that they're trying to solve the game and scumhunt, which also prevents them from having to implicate their partners. Day 1 matters and in this I have the most philosophical agreement with Blazade. It's not bandwagony to say you agree with someone who has said the same opinions that you have already said for conciseness. It's well known that I dislike setup talk and believe in the importance of D1, and I'm not about to reiterate all those opinions when they've been stated. In fact, I've shown considerably more original thought than most players in this game, so that actually just gives me the shits. Maybe I just need to stop playing mafia for awhile and go play Overwatch or something but I'm so fucking sick of this shit.

I know why there are reasons to keep thoughts to yourself, have you ever considered I've played mafia too? I even cited a thought I had that I was keeping to myself which is that it was significant King_ cited exactly three people as potential scum and I wanted other people to think about that but wasn't going to say what it was because it would influence discussion in a way that would corrupt my ability to read about that thought

I don't think I've ever called for activity, and it's laughable you said that since you literally prodded us at the start of the game

You should have had feelings before this if you're paying attention to the game, unless all the posts are indistinguishable to you

I didn't criticise King_ at all, if I were going to criticise King_ I'd say he was scummy. I said I knew he was answering the question but I was interested in his thought processes BECAUSE THEY INDICATED POTENTIALLY GAME RELEVANT THINGS and he dismissed a very interesting thing (that da letter el could have engaged with Blazade in a way that was calculated toscumbuddy him) as 'random' compared to thought processes that were much less remarkable. It is a way of prompting thought.

You are repeatedly misrepresenting me, fuckin stop. And it's rude to call people's posts empty because you're unable to follow a game, so stop that too.

Jesus I'm sick of Smogon games. I wonder why people can understand me on MU???

Caps not to yell but apparently nobody on Smogon dot com can understand how I use words so hopefully if I use lots of emphasis and paragraphs and stuff maybe 1/10 word will get through people's skulls

Anyway I can't analyse the obvious flaws in that post without getting into an extended omgus with butteredtoast that the thought of makes me want to stick a gun to my head so bye

It probably seems weird that that made me so angry, but I don't know how to explain it except that in my whole life nobody has really granted me the respect of trying to understand how I think or talk, whereas I strive to do that all the time with others because I struggle to understand what other people mean regularly, and a lot of people on here like to twist words and I'm out of patience with it. If it's a scummy twist words I don't care because that's intentional. If it's just an 'I can't be bothered trying to understand you but I'm going to disparage you even though you're trying to discuss with me' it's starting to set me off

Sorry for bringin gmy emotional problems here so much but can you all please grant me the courtesy I grant literally everyone else on here and try to at least imagine what goes through my head when I post instead of assuming I'm inherently unreasonable or stupid. Thank you

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
To people answering question #1 without reading the set up, the only roles that I believe this would apply to are smuggler saboteur (hooker), smuggler ghost (disallows a target), and the neutral voodoo.

Hooks can be town so I'd be inclined to say definitely claim hooked if you have reason to believe that no one aligned with town would hook you, and always claim voodoo and ghost. If you're being universally townread and someone hooks you, you probably know the hook's alignment and it is probably safe to out. I think Blazade is right that it gives away information that is more important to mafia than town so I dont think claiming hooked is a great idea unless, as I mentioned, you're being mostly to universally townread.

Ghost can't be town, claim it if it happens.

Voodoo/redirect i think needs to be claimed. Even if there's a risk of transporter, being able to get a sense of what neutral is in the set up and to eliminate killing neutrals as a possibility would be super nice so we can avoid having to worry about an arsonist fucking our shit up, as well as get a sense of what kind of play the neutral might be going for. Mafia don't get info on "there is a transporter;" the only world this goes wrong is world of neutral killer finding out transporter exists or jester outing the info last second. I don't know if flavor will make it more clear but if voodoo flavor is obvious, then all the more reason to claim it.

ButteredToast is still super town.

Now I sleep. Again.

pluff prob town, i dont get the sense of pluff faking that level of frustration
I'm not mad at the game tho, I never fake my feelings, my feelings are pure as all alignments

Clarifying because I actually don't want people misunderstanding my post :P

I do agree with you that bt's posting has been pretty pure so far (not 'super town' tho) and nothing he's said is out of the range of what I've seen him as town before although those games go back awhile now. For bt that doesn't mean I'm not interested in your thoughts, it means I'm especially interested in your thoughts..

Prolly towniest player is jalmont or you, but we'll see if you can keep it up X)

I'm going to try to put this bluntly and I mean no disrespect because I'm sorry for whatever misunderstanding that we've had. The reason why your posts are being misinterpreted as sounding wrong and nonsensical is because that's how I'm interpreting them when I read them as is. When you explain them or clear things up, I see how you intended to write it. But reading certain things in your posts the first time, I'm seeing a different argument. Maybe this is a me thing in which I'm just having an issue seeing what you're intending. Maybe, if it's happening with other people, you're not being as clear as you could be sometimes. My guess is that it's a bit of both, and written correspondence doesn't do us any favors in communicating. I'll try to ask more questions straight up and work with you better if you try to work better with maybe making sure things are clear best you can.

I think I understand you a bit better because you explained yourself the second time. I'm still not sure that you understand what I'm doing, but as long as you understand that I'm going to be giving reads and opinions and scumhunting continuously in the thread and see how I'm going to play as long as I'm alive, I feel that'll clear up.

There are some minor things I could get into with you about based on your play and what I highlighted when I voted for you. But I don't see it getting us anywhere that just moving forward and having you talk more won't fix. If not, I'll ask you again. But we gotta move on a bit now, and people need to weigh in on their own thoughts about this. I do want to know what other people think about what happened and talk about this, as well as the other things.

One thing I do want to clear up is that I think you might be confusing me with someone else. This will be my 4th NOC, including AM2 which barely counts. I've never been subbed out of anything in circus, nor have I been picked on or thought NOCs were too fast and I couldn't keep up. I actually really like NOCs and the intimate nature of them... it's why I sign up for them.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Me being random.
Ullar for 2 posts.
Most of these reasons are bad I know.
Pls don't accuse based on my activity when this game's been up less than 48h tyvm

if it's been more than that well

irdc

I think pluff seems legit, but dle's outright saying 'scummy or antitown' seems a bit odd to me; he doesn't seem the player to put folks on the spot outright

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
I think pluff seems legit, but dle's outright saying 'scummy or antitown' seems a bit odd to me; he doesn't seem the player to put folks on the spot outright
Are you referring to my giving reads early on, or my phrasing of scummy vs anti-town in my question to blazade about king_? Why is this scummy to you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)