Adding D/P, which was your fav E4/Champ?

Which Champ was your fav?

• Rival (Gary/Blue)

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Lance

Votes: 46 26.0%
  • Steve

Votes: 22 12.4%
  • Wallace

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • Cynthia

Votes: 46 26.0%

• Total voters
Lance, if for nothing but because I thought he was cool. His Dragonite kicked my ass back when I was like 6 too. That thing was a beast.

I'd have to say Lance. He was the man, and his Dragons were awesome and tough. But, I liked him even more in Pokemon Stadium 2. Man, they really had him tough in that game, since he was given more variety in his team. He had Dragonite, Tyranitar, Aerodactyl, Gyarados/Charizard/Steelix(In round 1), and Feraligatr/Arcanine/Kangaskhan(In round 2), and boy, they were tough for their time. And his Stadium 2 music kicked ass as well(Heck, I'm listening to it right now).
Edit: And now I remember his hax too now that I think about it. He's probably the only champion badass enough to be given hax though. I also think he needs Dragonite, Gyarados, Salamence, Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Aerodactyl at his toughest difficulty in a GSC Remake.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Joe, that would be bad ass. He should lead Bulky Taunt Gyara, then whip up sand storm with ttar, kick some challenger ass with Swords Dance Chomp in the mid game, and then wipe up the 10-year-old remains with Specsmence and CBAero at the end. lol

Oh and if they make a GSC remake they should also:

Will with:
-Hypnosis/Stealth Rock Bronzong
-Agility Metagross
-CM/Slack Off Slowbro
-Starmie, either as SpecsStar or Rapid Spinner
-CS Medicham
-Wish Xatu (meh, I guess it just wouldn't be right without Xatu)

Koga already had some great pokes but something like:
-BP Ninjask! xD
-Forretress w/ poison spikes
-Thunderbolt/Flamethrower Weezing
-Heracross (as a Ninjask Pass-target)
-Drapion (blocks psychic attacks and use Ninjask boosts)
-Physical Crobat w/ Hypnosis

Bruno:
-Anti Lead Breloon
-No Gaurd Dynamic Punch Machamp!! xD
-Mixed Infernape
-Special Lucario
-Support Gallade
-Steelix (Just because he needs one lol)

Karen:
-Spiritomb Lead
-Weavile
-Swords Dance/Sucker Punch Cacturn!! xD
-Wish Passing Umbreon
-New and improved Gengar :D
-Houndoom (still good :D)

Yeah, that would be freaking awesome but no way Nintendo would allow an Elite 4 that strong . . . T-T

Joe, that would be bad ass. He should lead Bulky Taunt Gyara, then whip up sand storm with ttar, kick some challenger ass with Swords Dance Chomp in the mid game, and then wipe up the 10-year-old remains with Specsmence and CBAero at the end. lol
I got Dragonite, Gyarados, and Aero from his GSC Set, Tyranitar from Stadium 2, and Mence and Chomp being two Dragons I could easily see him using.
Man, him fighting using the mentioned sets would be such a kickass final battle.
As for those other movesets, I'd love to see it as a possible Round 3 Elite four, available after beating a possible round 2(Ala FR/LG) and Red once.

I love the Rival music...the best music ever. So I pick him. Plus, in FR/LG, his team upgrades - the only E4 team to ever upgrade - which makes it much more exciting to play. I didn't know what to think about Tyanitar - I'd never seen one before.

Lance rapes every 10 year old who challenges him without a ghost type. If they remade GSC, they would need to make him have legit pokes or else nobody would be able to beat him. (lol flare blitz/volt tackle/brave bird Aero)

Lance was badass, especially with his illegal light screen Dragonite and underleveled Dragonites in GSC lol

His Aerodactyl was also illegal too with Rock Slide I believe

I remember when I was like 7 first hearing and seeing that Hyper Beam animation I was all like holy crap.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lance was badass, especially with his illegal light screen Dragonite and underleveled Dragonites in GSC lol

His Aerodactyl was also illegal too with Rock Slide I believe

I remember when I was like 7 first hearing and seeing that Hyper Beam animation I was all like holy crap.
Seriously. To this day, I still imagine every dragon poke that steps out as yelling "Eat this and die you insignificant nothings!!!" BOOM

Man you gotta love Draco Meteor. Maybe they could just do that with a Lance Remake-- give all his pokes Draco Meteor instead of Hyper Beam. Including hacked TTar with Draco Meteor. lol

Cynthia is sexy. So. Hormones win this.

However, Green is always going to be the best. Going through Blue the first time thinking the game is over now that you've beaten Lance. "FUCK YEAH! 4 matches without a Pokecenter or nothing between battles!" and then, "Ups, you have to face your Rival. Btw, he's stronger than I am and has some of the best Pokemon in RBY. GL, HF, MB." That's a moment in video gaming history. "Princess is in another castle" history.

Lance, the single most awesome character from a pokemon game, with an aura of bad-ass and a team to match. Lance doesn't cheat, he makes the rules, and one of the rules is: "Lance's pokemon can do as they damn well please." If he had a salamence, it would have softboiled, and a staff of blissies on hand to feed themselves to it.

Remember kids, Lance makes the rules, and if he wants dragonite to use light screen, he can have it. He also gets all three starters, his pokeballs never fail, and hyperbeam doesn't have a recharge time when he uses it. He can also breed legendaries, everything he catches has perfect IVs, and can find shinies at will. He just doesn't use the shinies as not to break your feeble mind.

Cynthia is ok, but isn't nearly as awe inspiring as Lance, and doesn't have such a role in the plot. She also isn't named after a delicious snack cracker.

Lance, the single most awesome character from a pokemon game, with an aura of bad-ass and a team to match. Lance doesn't cheat, he makes the rules, and one of the rules is: "Lance's pokemon can do as they damn well please." If he had a salamence, it would have softboiled, and a staff of blissies on hand to feed themselves to it.

Remember kids, Lance makes the rules, and if he wants dragonite to use light screen, he can have it. He also gets all three starters, his pokeballs never fail, and hyperbeam doesn't have a recharge time when he uses it. He can also breed legendaries, everything he catches has perfect IVs, and can find shinies at will. He just doesn't use the shinies as not to break your feeble mind.
QTF lol

Lance had the most character development (over 2 games)
blue was a dick which made him a good champion to fight in the storyline
Steven was just a pretty tough champ
wallace was gay for wailord
cynthia was pretty awesome

lance with his hacks is where it's at

Chou Toshio

Over9000
Drahkun-- so right, so very very right. xD

The only one who can do more at will than Lance is Red, because he's the main character. :P

Seriously kids, it's all about Cynthia.

Giga Impact Garchomp is a fucking beast(impressive sounding, anways), and anyone who leads with a Spiritomb is cool no matter what.
And she's kind of hot. Sorry.

Steven was meh. His team was pretty nifty, but he never seemed to have much personality to me.

Cynthia is sexy. So. Hormones win this.
Clearly Lorelei is sexier, I don't know what your talking about.

As for the best champion, I'd have to say Gary, I was like "holy shit theres more!", and Lance actually felt like the end it, so I was like "well... crap". In these newer generations its always felt like 5 opponents, and all in all very forgettable (I cant remember most of the elites in emerald or pearl)

I thought threads like these about in-game stuff aren't allowed, no? I posted one once and got 90-day infracted for it (which is bullshit imo).

But either way...Steven, because he was seen throughout other times in the game and the very first time I faced him...my god, that was like, four and a half years ago, I remember it, and I barely won. My team was Swampert/Camerupt/Manectric/Regice/Groudon I think. But that Wally, who I faced before I even got out of Victory Road...my goodness, his Gardevoir with Double Team was a nightmare.

The GSC elite four was my favorite, but Steven was my fav champion for a variety of reasons.

-Cute.
-Cute.
-Steven STONED.
-Meatgroos.
-He was relatively easy. :D
-Middle-school crush because I'm a loser.

...actually, all the champs were easy, except for Cynthia because I don't have D/P yet. *gets smacked*

I want to say Cynthia purely because the "Champion Shirona" piano solo is one of the most impressive pieces of "video game music" I've ever heard, so good that you begin to question (and therefore put quotes around) the notion of video game music in general.
I just got that piece off of YouTube, and I have to agree: it is really kickass. In fact, maybe I've been too hard on the D/P music. Maybe it's just the kind of music that's better suited on the computer instead of in the game.

I'm going with Rival. Among other reasons, his was the first battle where you weren't expecting a champion after you beat the Elite 4.

Or maybe it was mentioned in-game and me, being young and stupid at the time, just didn't remember it. Either way, it was a surprise.

It should be pretty obvious who my favorite champion is.I was kind of tired of seeing Rival for the billionth time.Lance was pretty cool. Steven was all right. Wallace was a sad fill-in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)