10 chills, 5 recoveries
This is a trial for my gym arena

Cloud City
Field Type: Flying
Complexity: Moderate
Format: Anything
Restrictions:
1. Only the following Pokemon lines can use Rock Type moves:
Regirock, the Gigalith line, the Golem line, the Steelix Line, the Aggron Line, the Rhyperior line, Terrakion and Arceus. Also if the rock type move is 4x SE STAB is removed.

2. Electric Type moves don't hit SE unless it would originally have hit 4x SE, in which case it will only hit 2x SE. All paralyzing effects of Electric type moves is removed.

3. Ice type moves won't get STAB and all pokemon that don't gain STAB from Ice type moves will not be able to use special type Ice type Attacks. Hail has no effect on this rule.

4. Ice Type moves also can't hit for 4x SE, if they do ice moves will only do neutrul damage.

5. No Sandstorms.

6. Special Type flying type moves have a 10/100 chance to crit. Refs should use that on the RNG instead of standard.

Aaah Cloud City, or rather a perfect replica of it built in the middle of Route 129, Hoenn Region close to Ever Grande City. Made by the stinking gazillioaire from a foreign region and run by MB. MB runs the city not only as life-mayor, but is also Head of the Police force and is often called upon for detective work, and finally he is also the gym leader. This city heavily favours Flying Type Pokemon due to several instalments ment for comfort but also cancels out Flying Type pokemon's weakness'. For example there are no rocks in the city, meaning only a handful of pokemon can use rock moves, these pokemon usally have rocks as part of there body. Lightninng rods are used to store electricity but they alo draw a lot of power away from powerful electric type moves. There is also a temperature leveling system (TLS) which keeps the tempature at a certain level. This however, nerfs the ice type attacks as residents like tropic temperatures all day all night (apart from on ski day but MB takes a day off on that day as well!). The person in control of the TLS is also bias towards MB (MB doesn't know of this), so 4x SE ice type attacks will do neatrul damage because the person will turn up the arena's tempurature! Also Sandstorm may not come into effect as the gym arena isn't near the beach which unlike other aspects of the city, is natural. There is also an active oxygen machine which keeps the air fresh. This also (unintentionally of course) give special based flying type moves a 10/100 chance to crit.

And as a final statement, Cloud City is the ultimate flying type battling field.

Also whoever accepts this may only bring one flying type.
Originally Posted by Fat Ablinoolon
Canceling my old challenge and
Accepting!

Switch=KO
No items
One Ability
Team Metal Bagon:

Metal Bagon said:

Beedrill(*) Buzz (F)
Nature: Adament (Attack *; Special Attack reduced by *)
Type: Bug/Posion
Bug: More mobility in dense brush or forest conditions. Gain an extra guaranteed attack on multi-hit moves.
Posion: immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.

Abilities:
Shield Dust: (Inmate) This Pokemon has dust covering the outside of its body that prevents opponents secondary effects from taking place (eg burn from Flamethrower). It does not block direct status moves (such as Thunder Wave.).
Run Away (DW): (Inmate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and will evade any field traps and hazards that would harm it (Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes) in an arena. A Pokemon can still absorb Toxic Spikes if it has Run Away and is Poison-typed. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to switch out of trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 75

EC: 5/5
MC: 0
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Poison Sting (*)
String Shot (*)
Bug Bite (*)
Harden
Fury Attack
Focus Energy
Twinneedle
Rage
Pursuit
Toxic Spikes
Posion Jab
Endevour

Aerial Ace

Dragonite (*) Smiley the Happy Dragon (F)
Nature: Naughty (Attack increased by *; Special Defense reduced by *)

Type: Dragon/Flying
Dragon: More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.

Abilities:
Shed Skin: (Inmate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Marvel Scale (DW): (Inmate) This Pokemon’s coat shimmers when afflicted with a status condition, reducing the Base Attack Power of incoming physical attacks by two (2).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3 (-)
Spe: 80

EC: 9/9
MC: 1
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Roost
Wrap (*)
Leer (*)
Thunder Wave (*)
Twister (*)
Dragon Rage (*)
Slam (*)
Agility (*)
Dragon Rush
Aqua Tail
Outrage
Wing Attack
Safeguard
Hurricane

Extreme Speed (*)
Dragon Pulse (*)
Dragon Dance (*)

Hyper Beam(*)
Thunder (*)
Flamethrower (*)
Ice Beam
Surf
Earthquake

Murkow - Dark Death(M)
Nature: Quirky Nature Neatral
Type: Dark/Flying
Dark: Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Flying: Immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 91

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Super Luck: (Inmate) This Pokemon’s natural skill doubles (x2) its critical hit levels above other Pokemon, making its normal moves inflict critical hits 12.5% of the time and its high critical hit moves inflict critical hits 1/3rd of the time.
Insomnia: (inmate) This Pokemon is immune to sleep induced by other Pokemon. It's normal state of sleeplessness makes it take 1 less damage/action from Ghost Curse. If it is put to sleep by a Pokemon with Mold Breaker it will wake up the next action.
Prankster: (inmate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Attacks:
Peck
Astonish
Pursuit
Haze
Wing Attack
Night Shade
Assurance

Perish Song
Roost
Drill Peck

Payback
Psychic
Subsitute

Team Albinoloon:

Frosslass [Yuki] F
Nature: Rash (SATK increased by *; SDEF reduced by *)
Personality:Since her evolution, she underwent a significant personality change. Her shyness has dissapated, only leaving the cold passion for the kills she has always recieved. She has little to almost no interaction with any other team member apart from Vayn, who understands and supports her. She is known to display to Vayn, who then shares sucking the life out of it with her. The two are best friends, so Yuki will not let her fall.
Type: Ice/Ghost
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon. (Glalie/Froslass line, Regice, Glaceon, Vanilluxe line, Beartic line and Furijio ONLY: immunity to Sheer Cold, removal of Boiling water's Burn effect, and 50% reduction in burn chance from Fire moves.)
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Snow Cloak:(Innate)This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.
Cursed Body:(Innate)When this Pokemon is struck by an opponent's attack that makes contact, there is a 30% chance that attack will be disabled. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 110

EC:6/6
MC:0
DC:5/5

Moves:
Powder Snow
Double Team
Bite
Icy Wind
Headbutt
Protect
Hail
Blizzard
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Disable
Avalance
Fake Tears
Taunt
Ominous Wind
Confuse Ray
Ice Shard

Natu (Coatlus[F])
Nature: Mild (Increased rank in SAtk; Decreased rank in Def)
Type: Psychic/Flying
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic attacks regardless of weight difference. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Synchronize: (Innate) Pokemon with this ability mentally link their condition to an opposing Pokemon and pass on any status inflicted on them to their foe. Due to their body structure, Poison types cannot be poisoned and Fire types cannot be burned in this manner.
Early Bird: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Magic Bounce (DW LOCKED): (Innate) This Pokemon has a Psychic sense that allows it to ward off non-damaging attacks as soon as they are launched, directing them back at the opponent.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1(-)
SAtk: Rank 4(+)
SDef: Rank 2
Spd: 70

Moves:
Peck
Leer
Nightshade
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Miracle Eye
Me First
Confuse Ray

Drill Peck
Roost
Featherdance

Hidden Power Fighting 7
Shadow Ball
Substitute

Nohface (Wolv[M])
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by rank; Special Attack decreased by rank)
Type: Ghost/Steel
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Levitate: (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.
Levitate (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Bulldoze, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3(+)
SpA: Rank 0(-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 10

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Moves:
Tackle
Iron Defense
Lick
Leer
Faint Attack
Shadow Sneak
Curse

Foul Play
Psycho Shift
Meteor Mash

Toxic
Trick Room
Taunt

Well start with Metal Bagon sending out his pokemon with ability
then Albinoloon will send out his pokemon with ability and issue orders
then Metal Bagon will issue orders
and i will ref

Albinoloon looks at his adversary without expression and sends out an unusually-colored Frosslass by the name of Yuki, who seems to have the obvious advantage. "Yuki, you haven't seen the battlefield in months, so let's reignite our passion for the game!" The frosslass chuckles an icy incantation as her trainer prepares his commands.

Yuki, even with the personally overdone arena, we can overcome our plump-dragon adversary! First, feign crying to recieve pity from Smiley (more like Barney) to leave his mental defenses wide-open! Next, summon a hailstorm not soon to forget! To finish, freeze our adversary cold with a blizzard!

Fake Tears ~ Hail ~ Blizzard
if Smiley uses Flamethrower on the third action, replace your current actions with the following:
Hail - Blizzard - Disable(Flamethrower)

"Well Smiley, that blizzard would be very costly, but we're in my arena now."

I'm bying subsitute and protect at the end of this battle.

Dragon Dance - Fire Punch - Flamethrower

C'mon burn hax!

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 100
energy: 100%
boosts: none
Speed: 80

Froslass (Yuki) Female
Speed: 110

Ill get Flavor in once i cycle back around from my other reffings

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 82
energy: 88%
boosts: +1 Att +1 Spe
Speed: 120

Froslass (Yuki) Female
hp: 80
energy: 77%

3 More Rounds of Hail

Froslass uses Hail -> It begins to Hail, -9 Energy
Dragonite uses Dragon Dance -> +1 Att and Spe, -6 Energy
Hail deals 2 Damage to Dragonite

Dragonite uses Fire Punch -> Froslass loses 20 HP, -6 Energy
Froslass uses Blizzard -> Dragonite loses 12 HP, -7 Energy Dragonite is frozen for 2 actions

Dragonite is Frozen
Froslass uses Disable -> Fails, -7 Energy

Yuki is a girl thank you very much. ಠ_ಠ
just kidding of course, lol

Watching the battle in disbelief, Albinoloon curses to himself about neglecting into researching this arena. Yuki growls as she prepares her next attack... "What did we get ourselves into? Well, we'll have to stick with this matchup- even at the loss of our type advanage!"

Fake Tears ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 82
energy: 88%
boosts: +1 Att +1 Spe

Froslass (Yuki) Female
hp: 80
energy: 77%

Sorry guys, its 8 in the morning here and i havent had any sleep yet, Ill try to come back and add flavor later since i actually have a day off form work.

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 52
energy: 75%

Froslass (Yuki) Female
hp: 42
energy: 50%

2 More Rounds of Hail

Dragonite is Frozen Solid!
Froslass uses Fake Tears -> Dragonite -2 Sp.A, -9 Energy

Dragonite uses Fire Punch -> Froslass loses 20 HP, -6 Energy
Froslass uses Blizzard -> Dragonite loses 12 HP, -7 Energy

Dragonite uses Flamethrower -> Froslass loses 16 HP, -7 Energy Froslass Burned
Froslass uses Blizzard -> Dragonite loses 12 HP, -11 Energy
Burn deals 2 Damage to Froslass

Feeling down, Albinoloon realizes that Yuki has little chance of living through this, so he plans a last resort out. "Yuki, we need to let Wolv come in at a good time- if he wants to do the appropriate amount of damage. Let's Blow Smiley away!"

Fake Tears ~ Blizzard ~ Blizzard

"Burn hax, F yeah!"

Evasive Fly - Fire Punch - Flamethrower
SUB: If evasive fly won't avoid fake tears then replace my original actions with:
Fire Punch - Flamethrower - Fire Punch

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 52

Froslass (Yuki) Female
hp: 42
energy: 50%

Yuki, sensing her impending doom, cries a few tears, which catch Smiley off guard and lower its defenses! However it doesnt disturb the dragon enough to halts its attacks as it closes in with a brutal Fire Punch, leaving Yuki reeling from the blow.

Yuki gets enraged that she was attacked while crying and slams Smiley with another brutal blizzard. Thankfully that thermostat is turned WAY up so the blizzard doesn't inflict the carnage that it could have. Smiley decides to retaliate by turning the heat up even higher with a brutal Flamethrower!

In a desperate attempt to cause as much mayham as she can before she goes, Yuki conjures another blizzard that brings Smiley precariously close to fainting. However the Dragonite hangs on and finishes Yuki off with another Fire Punch straight to the gut. Yuki is recalled as she slumps to the ground and Albinoloon must decide which poke to come in on the severely weakened dragon.

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 8
energy: 56%

Froslass (Yuki) Female
hp: KO
energy: KO%

1 More Rounds of Hail

Froslass uses Fake Tears -> Dragonite -2 Sp.D -9 Energy
Dragonite uses Fire Punch -> Froslass loses 20 HP -6 Energy

Froslass uses Blizzard -> Dragonite loses 19 HP, -7 Energy
Dragonite uses Flamethrower -> Froslass loses 16 HP, -7 Energy

Froslass uses Blizzard -> Dragonite loses 19 HP, -7 Energy
Dragonite uses Fire Punch -> Froslass loses 20 HP -6 Energy KO

Wait a sec, I don't think Dragonite ability, marvel scale, went into effect during the first round, I'll ask ragnarokalex alex about via VM now.

EDIT: Just letting Albinoloon know that Ragnarokalex is editing in Marvel Scale soon, thus me having more HP. When he does edit I'll then post my actions as I don't know how much HP I would curenntly have.

EDIT2: Misread marvel scale I think but unless alex says overwise I'll go with these actions.

"Lets see if we can get out of this tight spot Smiley."

First roost off your previous damage and then roost again! Finnaly use chill as I'm sure you used a lot of energy recovering HP.
OK now, dpesite the fact I think that shadow sneak will only do 7 damage (without a crit) I'm still taking a precaution with a SUB. If a move is about to KO Smiley then replace your current action with a Fire Punch Extetreme Speed combo and then die.

Roost - Roost -Chill
SUB: If a move is about to KO Smiley then replace your current action with a Fire Punch + Extetreme Speed combo and then die.

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 8
energy: 56%

Nohface(Wolv) Male
Speed: 10

sorry no time to post flavor today, posting this round as im walking out the door for work, ill post flavor when i get home.

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 1
energy: 28%

Nohface(Wolv) Male

1 More Rounds of Hail

Dragonite uses Roost -> Dragonite restores 20 HP, -12 Energy
Nohface uses Taunt -> Dragonite fell for the taunt

Dragonite uses Roost -> Fails, -16 Energy
Nohface uses Meteor Mash -> Dragonite loses 13 HP, -6 Energy

Dragonite Chill -> Fails
Nohface uses Foul Play -> Dragonite loses 14 HP, -7 Energy

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: 1
energy: 28%

Nohface(Wolv) Male

Smiley charges one last time wreathed in flames and crashes into Wolv, who blows Smiley over with a single breath........

Dragonite (Smiley) Male
hp: KO
energy: KO%

Nohface(Wolv) Male
hp: 68
energy: 72%

Dragonite uses Combo -> Nohface loses 30 HP, -18 Energy
Nohface uses Shadow Sneak -> KO
Hail deals 2 Damage to Nohface

"No burn hax, dang it."

Go Dark Death the Murkow, may you evolve into a Honchkrow like your video game cunterpart one day! (Not today).

Also, remember to choose your ability Albinoloon, you should have chosen yours first so I'll choose mine when I post my actions.

I only have one ability lol

also too lazy for flavor

Meteor Mash ~ Toxic ~ Meteor Mash

if Substitute is used A1, replace your second action with Curse

"Thank you for your kind donation, gimme 50 bucks or I'll punch your face in."

Sub 20 HP - Drill Peck + Drill Peck Combo - Combo Cooldown.

Murkrow (Dark Death) Male
hp: 90
Speed: 91

Nohface(Wolv) Male
hp: 68
energy: 72%

Sorry for this being so late, I thought i had posted it already

Murkrow (Dark Death) Male
hp: 50
energy: 67%
Speed: 91

Nohface(Wolv) Male
hp: 5
energy: 53%

Murkrow uses Substitute -> 20 HP sub made, -12 Energy
Nohface uses Meteor Mash -> Sub loses 15 HP, -6 Energy

Murkrow uses Combo -> Nohface loses 13 HP, -21 Energy
Nohface uses Curse -> Murkrow is Cursed, 50 HP Recoil, -27 Energy
Curse deals 5 Damage to Murkrow, Sub Destroyed

Murkrow rests
Nohface uses Meteor Mash -> Murkrow loses 15 HP, -6 Energy
Curse Deals 5 Damage to Murkrow

Just going to forfeit I guess, I doubt much would happen, and I would waste everyone's time. Good game, MB, but the arena is too biased against the flying type's weaknesses; most others are not. However, it was a good game. :>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)